Countdown to XY: A Nostalgia Thread

I'm going to transfer my pokemon during the free trial so I don't care either way - I'm just glad we can transfer our pokemon from old gens because I've grown attached to my mons, especially the ones from way back in gen 3

I'm transferring everything during the free trial, so it doesn't really matter to me. I'm glad Nintindo is looking ahead, and I see the Bank as a good alternative to Box/Ranch/etc.

Day 27: Are you disappointed in or excited for Pokémon Bank?
I won't transfer Pokémon from old generations (DS is broken) but I see nothing to criticize here and might even use it for when I want to restart a game…

Yeh, don't see much use for it myself past the free trial. However, its not a big bind paying £4.99 or w/e it is in sterling for a year's convenience.

Regarding the shiny question;

I used to chain loads in Pearl, I got an amazing Shiny Ditto with great IV's that I still use to this day as a breeder. In fact, I traded it on these forums a good few years ago (seem to have lost my old account, or if all the old accounts were wiped, I lost mine then).

Never had a random encounter shiny, that's with more than 700 hours played in Pearl/Diamond/Plat/Black/Black 2.

What with RNG abuse and stuff I think they have got a lot less 'special' now, sadly. I think they should make shiny encounter rates higher and have a ultra rare shiny form with extremely low encounter rates.

To be honest I'm kind of neutral to it. If gamefreak made every pokemon,TM, move tutor, dream world abilities, and RNG (or extremely easy ways to get desired IVs/shinies) since RSE available in X and Y...then there is no need for pokemon bank. I'm not happy that they are not doing this in X and Y, but I am happy that at least, they didn't single out this gen from other gens. I'm disappointed that now we have to keep track of all the moveset/ability/hidden power (possible) combinations so we can verify their legality.

Day 24: What is the cutest Pokémon?
This is the most difficult question ever since there are so many adorable Pokemon. I am a crazy cat lady by nature, so naturally I will be relatively biased in favor of Pokemon that resemble kitties ^_^
Skitty is super adorable and captures the idea of a kitten purrfectly, so she's obviously gonna be on the list. Eevee and its eeveelutions are also up there (even though they're not necessarily feline per se) because they're just all so cute and fluffy and I want to pet them all! Fennekin is adorable too because of its big eyes and fluffy tail (yes I know it's a fox but whatever, foxes are cute too!) And SHAYMIN is adorable! uhhhh honestly there are way too many cutemons for me to pick just one. This is impossible.

Day 25: Are you going to buy Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, or both?
Well, I'm gonna start out with X, but that doesn't mean I won't eventually get Y at some point. In fact, I will probably end up with both. Unless, of course, gen 6 turns out to suck, which I doubt will happen but is always a (highly improbable) possibility.

Day 26: What is your opinion of mega evolutions?
I really don't know what to think about them. I mean, it's a nice new concept that adds a new layer of strategy to teambuilding, but on the other hand, a lot of the Mega Evos are kind of ugly. Ampharos was adorable before he was attacked by the Rogaine monster!!! Still, we probably haven't seen all of them yet, so I'll reserve judgment until we figure out which mega evos exist, what they all look like, and what they can all do competitively.

I'm indifferent since I've never really been into competitive mons on my cartridges. Breeding and EV training are pains in the butt-- that's what PS! is for! But I guess it's pretty awesome for those who are into VGC, and it's not that expensive either. It's definitely something I'd pay for if I decided to do VGC this season!

Day 26: Mega Evos didn't appeal to me at first, but they've grown on me and I'm interested to see the new strategies they'll bring.

Day 27: I think that ~5 bucks a year seems reasonable, I mean it doesn't seem like much, but think of all the people who'll be using it, and bam. Instant $$$. I mean, I'll be disappointed if it's only compatible with X/Y, but if it goes on through all gens, it's better than paying for a whole other system to trade and store on. Overall, I'm fine with it, and will probably be using it.

I'm excited that such feature will exist and the fact that it was confirmed we can transfer Pokemon via it. It also can give you a pass to "trade with yourself. The yearly fee is cheap and reasonable, however I didn't like that transfer is part of it and is needed. They could have made a small app for transfer that doesn't include the bank, but hey at least at first it's free. Otherwise it's interesting that we can have external storage that's overall superior to RS box (which cost more). Aside from transferring Pokemon, I may wanna use it to "trade" with myself if I get both games, otherwise. I don't think I'll use it much unless I decide to put "backup" or something.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Day 28: What type combination were you most looking forward to in XY?

Pretend you don't know the new types in XY. Which type combo would you like to see the most and why?

2¡¡¡¡

I've always wanted a Fire/Water Pokémon since Gen 3. Water is one of the types that Fire hasn't been paired with yet and it seems like it would be an interesting type. Hopefully, X and Y will deliver.

Also, OMG 2 days left, I can't wait!

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'd really like to see Poison/Dragon! It's a type that has never been done before, and it sort of combines the best offensive type with the worst, haha. However, I'd really like to see it for a defensive Pokemon. Defensively it will have a lot of advantages, since Poison and Dragon both have great resistances. Defensive Dragons are pretty few, despite Dragon having some of the best resistances.

And yes, I do feel cheated that you-know-what wasn't Poison/Dragon >_>

Pretend you don't know the new types in XY. Which type combo would you like to see the most and why?

2¡¡¡¡
Well, Steel/Ghost was one I thought I'd like. Even with the nerf to Steel, it still looks like a neato type (I may be biased because SWORD and TWO SWORDS). Of the ones that we haven't seen, I could use a Flying/Fairy if it learned Fly. Would be a nice anti-dark mon for a team.

2¡¡¡¡
Ghost/Steel before the Steel nerf. It would've only had 2 weaknesses (Fire and Ground) and lots of good resistances.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Day 28: I always thought that a Ghost/Normal type based off something plain like Casper or just a white bed sheet with eye-holes would be funny. Other than that, I was sort of planning to do a mono-fire run in XY because there were just so many fire types I wanted to use, I was hoping for a Fire/Water type so I could still surf around and keep the theme.

But the one type I always wanted was Fire/Ice. I don't even know what it would look like or be based on, I just feel like it would be a cool design somehow. I got pretty excited thinking that Kyurem-W would get that typing

I'd think it'd be something with Fairy,being the new and shiny type... maybe Bug?
Gen V gave us so many amazing bug-types, so it could be interesting to see what they could do with them using the new type.

I'll list top two.

Steel / Ghost. It was is a great defensive type. Before the Fairy introduction, it'd have had more resistances, but it still is good. Against dragons pure fairy is better since it doesn't have to worry about SE damage (unless some dragons start packing steel/poison moves), but for other Pokemon Steel/Ghost is a good type with good resist including a good fighting immunity and rock resist (hello there Terrakion). Was disappointed that an offensive Pokemon (Honedge) got it, or at least it seemed that way. Knowing its evos and stats now, I can see it has high defensive potential. Especially Eviolite Doublade.

Normal / Ghost. Mainly for aesthetic reasons, but also because it has a neat combination of immunities. It is immune to Fighting and both of its own STABs (which is why the idea of this Pokemon is interesting). It also means it's effective against Pokemon who pack Ghost-Fight coverage like Calm Mind Misamgius.

Not sure if this is asking what hypothetical type combo or what new (announced) type combo. Assuming the latter and no Fairy-type, I would say Dark/Psychic. The concept just seems so cool.

I've always thought a Grass/Fire would be cool for in-game purposes. Plus, you could get a lot of symbolism if done right, like a pure grass tree pokemon that evolves via fire stone, turning into a fire/grass tree on fire. Then the pokemon rangers can be all "only you can prevent forest fires", sending out fire tree mon.

dwarfstar

mindless philosopher
Day 28: Of the existing ones, I'd have to say Grass-Ghost - taking two of my favorite types and putting them together is always good, and there's a lot you can do to make the Pokemon themselves interesting. What I really want, though, are Bug-Dragon and Grass-Fire. I love arthropods of all kinds and I like dragons, and it would please me to have the high stats generally afforded to Dragon-types on a badass new Bug. As far as Grass-Fire goes, that's from a competitive standpoint. I'm a sun player, so having a Grass-Fire Pokemon with Chlorophyll and an interesting design would have been lovely.

2¡¡¡¡
I was most looking forward to Steel / Ghost, and Dragon / Fighting, but the Steel resistance revamp, and Fairies ruined it all. Serial commas suck rock. Normal / Ghost i wanted to hard wall Gengar :p

Day 26: What is your opinion of mega evolutions? I like them. It seems like they were based heavily off of most popular Pokemon though. I think all of the designs are cool though.

Day 27
: Are you disappointed in or excited for Pokémon Bank? Honestly, I'm kinda indifferent to it. The free trial is nice, but i don't consider it too bad since it's only $5 a year and not $5 a month.

Day 28: What type combination were you most looking forward to in XY?: I'm glad we finally have a Poison/Dragon in Dragalge, And Tyrantrum is also cool...it's Dragon/Rock typing is also interesting.

Stone RG

Megas are broke
Steel/Dragon as the Pseudo-legend of Gen VI was something id been looking forward to for months, and i still am, because we dont really know who the pseudo legend is. It isnt really new per se, but it is unique to Dialga (one of my fav legends btw), and i guess it would mean a ''counter'' for the utter advantage fairies have over dragons.

Besides that, Dark/Fairy and an Ice/Fire (tho idk how would that work out) were some ideas/wishes of mine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)