Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That can't be the case, as I just caught one with over 200 HP and 150+ attacking stats. Maybe those are the stats assuming 0 IVs?
Right, here are the legit max stats:
HP: 201
Attack: 151 (neutral), 166 (+), 136 (-)
Defense: 115 (neutral), 127 (+), 103 (-)
Sp. Attack: 151 (neutral), 166 (+), 136 (-)
Sp. Defense: 118 (neutral), 130 (+), 106 (-)
Speed: 119 (neutral), 131 (+), 107 (-)

To calculate by hand, the formulae are:
HP: (IV+2*BaseStat+EVs/4)*(Level/100)+10+Level
others: ((IV+2*BaseStat+EVs/4)*(Level/100)+5)*Nature

where Nature is 1.1 for increased stat, 0.9 for decreased stat, and 1 otherwise; and Yveltal's base stats are 126/131/95/131/98/99

Also, another question of my own (I have the Lucario matter settled), I know it's the case when Super Training, but is it also with regular EV training that a stat cannot exceed 252 EVs? Wondering because I might want to try the Horde Battle method.

(sig cutoff prevention)

If the guy in the Pokemon Center in Kiloude City mentions all my stats as being superior does that potentially mean I have 31 IVs in all areas?

If the guy in the Pokemon Center in Kiloude City mentions all my stats as being superior does that potentially mean I have 31 IVs in all areas?
No. If he says you have relatively superior IVs overall, it means the sum of all your IVs is between 121 and 150. This means they could all be 21 across the board, or have abysmal IVs in some places but perfect IVs in others. He will tell you afterward what your highest IVs are, and unless he mentions that stat "can't be beat", you do not have a perfect 31 IV. "Outstanding" stats is the sum from 151 - 186, which is max 31 across the board. I think he will also tell you if you have a 0 IV stat.

For example, the Pokemon has "outstanding" stats. He will then mention HP, Attack, Defense, and Speed as "can't be beat." Then he will say something along the lines of "how can you survive with that Sp Def stat?"

Then you know your IVs are 31/31/31/27-31/0/31. You can infer the special attack because you know your Pokemon has "outstanding" IVs, so the sum has to be at least 151.

Ahh, thank you for that explanation. He actually told me the Poke'mon has outstanding potential overall. It's greatest potential lies in HP but Attack is good too, then mentioned every other stat as being good too then said Stats like those simply can't be beat. Good to know what all of that means.

Also, another question of my own (I have the Lucario matter settled), I know it's the case when Super Training, but is it also with regular EV training that a stat cannot exceed 252 EVs? Wondering because I might want to try the Horde Battle method.

(sig cutoff prevention)
yes, 252 is the max no matter what now.

anyone have any trips to happiness evolutions early-game? i don't have soothe bell or anything, but i'm nuzlocking and it'd be reeeeally nice if azurill and budew would evolve...

I've just bred a male with HA to a regular female poke of the same species. Nearly filled an entire box and none of the babies have the HA. Am I doing something wrong? The only item in use is destiny knot, which at first I had the mom hold, then after 10 babies, gave it to the father to see if anything would change. I only have 6 badges so far so I don't know if that effects things.

Can I kill Yveltal the first time around to skip the cinematics to make SRing faster for the subsequent tries? Or will its stats be fixed?

Anyone knows where I could get an extra metal coat in pokemon Y?
I accidentally use mine on a scyther without technician on him.
Wild Magnemite family had a low chance of holding Metal Coat in past games, I assume the same holds true for X and Y. Try hunting Magnemite and Magneton and using Thief or Covet.

Can I kill Yveltal the first time around to skip the cinematics to make SRing faster for the subsequent tries? Or will its stats be fixed?
You can. I believe the stats will be different on each battle.

You can, but your Pokemon won't heal. And then you have to fight Lysandre also...
I see, but what's important is the time saved by having that 30-second cinematics skipped... Is there any other way?

EDIT: Ok so I'm going to do this now, I'll just analyze Yveltal's stats while battling Flare Leader. Here goes...

Last edited:
I've got a 195/135/115/151/118/130 Timid Xerneas
which I'm guessing it's something like 19/31/31/31/31/31 give more or less.

Should I keep it?

I never used the No Guard ability before this gen, and there is no mention about the following on any wiki:
My Honedge/Duoblade always got every secondary effect from every enemy move used.
Every water pulse confused, every electric move capable of para did so, etc.
Due to the sample size being significant, I think this would imply that No Guard at least drastically improves the chance of secondary effects happening.
I can't be certain that it was really 100%, but it was extremely high.

New? Old but not mentioned anywhere? Extremely bad luck? (with 50+ happenings)

is there a chance that aurorus will shine in ou?

also, is it possible to rng this gen? i really want to get some flawless pokes to use, but im not so sure how to do that now without rng guides and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)