Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we actually going to have a metagame where only ~400 pokemon are available, like we did with the 200 metagame until pokebank is available?
Or are we diving straight into the complete one?

Is this a thread to just ask questions in?

If so, I'm wanting to catch a Trevenant with Harvest from a horde battle. The issue arises when it tells me that four of them have Frisk, which leaves one with harvest... How do I know which one? Does it come up in a particular order which Trevenant frisks you first? I.e. Clockwise from your left, anti-clockwise from your right etc?

Does anyone know what the chance of finding a Pikachu is in game? I just started and I'm finding wild Pikachu like every other Pokemon. It seems like Pikachu isn't as rare as previous games? Also anyone know what the chance of finding one holding a light ball is, I've caught 2 with light balls so far?

Is Mold Breaker Excadrill a viable option for offensive teams?

I'm thinking of breeding one to use, but I've never used it before due to it being banned before its Hidden Ability was released last gen (hence why I'm asking now)... it has a very nice set of resistances, it spins, and still poses an offensive threat.

I hate to ask this, but I saw that there was a spread of Yvetal's IV's at level 50, is there one for Xerneas as well?

Also; was there a confirmation that if you kill the legendary first and then save for the SR-refaces, the RNG still takes place?

Is this a thread to just ask questions in?

If so, I'm wanting to catch a Trevenant with Harvest from a horde battle. The issue arises when it tells me that four of them have Frisk, which leaves one with harvest... How do I know which one? Does it come up in a particular order which Trevenant frisks you first? I.e. Clockwise from your left, anti-clockwise from your right etc?
Unfortunately, I think the ability message activates in order of the Pokemon's speed. Your best bet is to use something like Skill Swap to manually check each of the Trevenant's abilities.

I hate to ask this, but I saw that there was a spread of Yvetal's IV's at level 50, is there one for Xerneas as well?

Also; was there a confirmation that if you kill the legendary first and then save for the SR-refaces, the RNG still takes place?
They have the exact same stat distribution, so just use that Yveltal spread you saw.

Does anyone have an Arbok that knows Gunk Shot and have a Goomy to breed it with, to see whether Gunk Shot is an egg move for the Goomy line?

Just caught this in a Friend Safari! Got the right nature and ability I wanted. Can anyone tell me if it's IV is good with the information provided below? Is it good? :O

Sliggoo lvl. 30 Female
Ability: Gooey
Bold Nature
HP: 89
Atk: 46
Def: 50
Sp. Atk: 64
Sp. Def: 78
Spd: 47

Characteristic: capable of taking hits.

"This Pokemon has relatively superior potential overall. That's how I judge it, anyways. Incidentally, I would say that its greatest potential lies in its Defense stat. Although its Sp. Atk stat is equally good. Stats like those... They simply can't be beat! That's how I judge it."

Does Sucker Punch activate the king's Shield attack drop? I'd assume no but just checking.
In an online match, Sucker Punch did not activate the attack drop on my Aegislash.

Is there any thread dedicated to new and updated moves? Because I've noticed Serebii doesn't seem to have updated Crabhammer's 100/90 Power/Accuracy, and I dunno if there are any others that have missed.

Just run from the very first battle, it will be battleable without the cutscene before it and you can save right in front of it.
IVs and Nature are randomized each time you engage.
Check the stats in the following battle.

Note that you can't know exact IVs at lvl 50, if 4 or more stats have their maximum value for lvl 50.
30 and 31 IVs both give the same amount of hp / stats on lvl 50.

Max hindering/neutral/beneficial (displayed) stats on lvl 50:

Hp: 201
Atk: 135 / 151 / 166
Def: 103 / 115 / 126
SpA: 135 / 151 / 166
SpD: 106 / 118 / 129
Spd: 107 / 119 / 130

Now, if you have 4 or more stats at their maximum value, you can't know if one of them is 30 IV, since only 3 are guarenteed to be perfect and 30/31 IV yields the same.
You need to rare candy to the following levels to determine 30 or 31 IV: (faint Xerneas/Yveltal in the battle after capture so it doesn't get EVs!)

Stat / LvL /___30 IV______/____31 IV

HP / 51 /______204______/____205
Atk / 51 / -137 153 +168 / -138 154 +169
Def / 53 / -108 121 +133 / -109 122 +134
SpA / 51 / -137 153 +168 / -138 154 +169
SpD / 52 / -109 122 +134 / -110 123 +135
Spd / 52 / -109 122 +134 / -110 123 +135

Minus indicates hindering, plus indicates positive nature, obviously.

Also, yay me for not knowing how to make tables in this forum >_>

What is the best nature for Xerneas?
I'd say either Timid or Modest. Timid guarantees that it outruns Jolly Rayquaza and at worst ties with Yveltal and Genesect while Modest gives more power and the increased Speed isn't necessary if you're going to use Geomancy. Hasty, Naive, Rash, and Mild would also be good for a mixed set, since Xerneas does have a nice physical movepool.

By the way, Rotom's not only found on Tuesdays. You can find different formes of Rotom in the trash bins on Tuesdays, but normal Rotom's found on all days, possibly with lowered possibility, but you can still find it.

Does anybody know where to find the Gem items ingame?
I searched the thread and couldn't find an answer, I suspect I may need to rock smash or something.

I've got a 195/135/115/151/118/130 Timid Xerneas
which I'm guessing it's something like 19/31/31/31/31/31 give more or less.

Should I keep it?
I know this is a bit (or a lot) too late but I believe you should.

I started SRing yesterday and just finished a while ago (I think I did around 200+ SRs nonstop only break are a 3 hour sleep and regular meals)
I ended up with a Timid Yveltal - 31/2x/23/30/31/31 (201/130/111/150/118/130)

The best I've got is 31/31/31/10/31/31 - Timid, but the special attack IV is just a letdown so I didn't take it

Does anybody know where to find the Gem items ingame?
I searched the thread and couldn't find an answer, I suspect I may need to rock smash or something.
Whenever you're battling and there's stuff in the background? Use the appropriate move in that battle and you have a chance of getting stuff. Like, if there's a tree in the background, use Air Cutter. Rocks in the background? Use Rock Slide. We think that's the way to get gems right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)