Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so let's say im breeding a male kirlia (with perfect ivs in atk, def, spd) and a female gothorita (with perfect ivs in hp, spa). What are the ideal items for each of them to hold to breed a good pokemon easier?

Are evolution stones (not mega) in limited quantity in this or can you get as many of each as you want?
You can buy Water, Fire, Leaf Stones in Lumiose(dunno if you can buy others there). Its the store opposite the boutique iirc

You can get all of them through secret super training as well.

How soon can you begin trading after getting the kanto starter from prof syc?
You can begin trading as soon as you have your first mon.(use the pss in the touch screen)

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
When breeding, do hidden abilities always pass down or do i need an item?
Its random chance from the pool of abilities that mon has available (I think they changed this mechanic in BW2). If male and female have the same ability, you get a bigger chance of the child having that ability iirc.

Ditto + HA Male = Chance of HA baby
Female HA + Male (Any) = Chance of HA baby
Female HA + Male HA = High chance of HA Baby

I think that's about right... It has something to do with which slot the ability is in too.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Can Pokemon who can have Levitate be used in Sky Battles if they don't have Levitate as their current ability (e.g. Bronzong with Heatproof).
I am pretty sure this is fine. I have a feeling the Sky Battle list is not set on abilities or moves, but more set on which mons are floating at any time. If there was a re-battlable Sky trainer I would be able to go and work it out, but there isnt. I am going to try and find a Sky trainer I haven't battled and test loads of flying (or non flying) mons.

Are evolution stones (not mega) in limited quantity in this or can you get as many of each as you want?
No, you can get them from a store in Lumiose (For Fire/Water/Grass Stones) or from Super Secret Training (Each mon refers to a particular Stone).

How soon can you begin trading after getting the kanto starter from prof syc?
You can trade immediately on starting the game.

What is the best way to catch ditto?

It seems the times are over where transform will turn the catch rate into that of the Magikarp...

Right now I try to catch everything with False Swipe Nincada (catch rate 255) but even at 1 HP it still seems to only have a probability of around 60% to catch it with a Dusk Ball at night.

It seems the times are over where transform will turn the catch rate into that of the Magikarp...
Right now I try to catch everything with False Swipe Nincada (catch rate 255) but even at 1 HP it still seems to only have a probability of around 60% to catch it with a Dusk Ball at night.
Thunder wave, absol gets false swipe and thunder wave. EDIT: don't forget about the capture rate o power!

Is there such thing as a Hidden Ability o-power? If not, can anyone link me all the o-powers?
http://www.serebii.net/xy/opowers.shtml

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands

Ditto does not copy the catch rate anymore no. The best thing I have found is letting it transform into a mon with no attacking moves and then switching out to a mon who can False Swipe effectively. Ditto's catch rate is 35 (which is lower than the Gen 4 story legends) so don't expect an easy time of it.

Is there such thing as a Hidden Ability o-power? If not, can anyone link me all the o-powers?
No there is not. http://serebii.net/xy/opowers.shtml Try this.

Capture Power Lvl 3 helps immensely too. With a x4 charge rate, you can spam it fairly frequently.

What happens if you use the feature on the GTS that lets you type in a pokemons name and it doesn't exist?

Because there's a Vivillon on the GTS requesting a Volcanion in return. Does this mean it must be a thing?

Edit: And a Hoopa.

Edit2: Nevermind, people know about this.

Last edited:
Gotta catch a Breloom now easier... to get Ditto.

Just found one with 4 perfect IVs, but bad nature.

Can you pass down Natures from the non-Ditto Pokémon (either Male, Female or Genderless) with Everstone, while Ditto wears a Power Item or Destinies Knot? Or does it always have to be Ditto to pass down natures.
Is this working differently now from earlier versions?

Last edited:
Gotta catch a Breloom now easier... to get Ditto.

Just found one with 4 perfect IVs, but bad nature.

Can you pass down Natures from the non-Ditto Pokémon (either Male, Female or Genderless) with Everstone, while Ditto wears a Power Item or Destinies Knot? Or does it always have to be Ditto to pass down natures.
Is this working differently now from earlier versions?
everstone works for either pokemon

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
^It's just a fan theory. Speculation based on what people perceive to be "hints" left in the game by creators. In this case, throwaway quotes about "living 300 million years ago" and similarities in design. Nothing has officially been revealed on the subject by GameFreak, so for now it shouldn't be treated as anything but a hypothesis.

EDIT: Also, if you want to add any more content to the discussion, but nobody have posted since you made the last post, just edit your previous one and write it there instead of posting twice. Double posting is frowned upon pretty much everywhere on the Internet, so might as well learn the etiquette already.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
1) Get a Destiny Knot;
2) Get a couple of baby monsters that, when evolved, will be compatible with the 'mon you want flawless. Alternatively, get a few Dittos/other compatible monsters in Friend Safari;
3) Breed away.

(1) makes it so 5 IVs are passed down from the parents instead of the normal 3;
(2.a) is because monsters from the "No Egg" family always have 3 perfect IVs. This usually means the legendary monsters, but also means baby monsters and Nidorina. Poor, poor Nidorina.
(2.b) is because monsters from the Friend Safari always have 2 perfect IVs.

After you get the suitable monsters, everything is just up to probability, really.
So, ultimately, I get a baby Pokemon that can breed with the Pokemon I want and it'll result in the Pokemon I want with 3 perfect IVs.. and then I breed it again with another baby Pokemon, and eventually get it flawless?

You can buy 3 stones (i don't remember which) from the Stone Emporium, but I don't know if they're limited or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)