5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

How do you rng Curtis' mons? I want the spiritomb, but there seem to be many random npcs in that area.
I don;t know which method is the pokemon generated either. Have googled and found nothing.

ManlySylveon

Banned deucer.
You can easily check if you have got the timer-offset right by checking the Sandile's IVs: Correct IVs = Correct Seed. Otherwise you could have found out your offset when you were calibrating. It is the difference between the actual time displayed at the calibration tool and the time you have pressed the button.

Sweet Scent does not advance the PID frame. You need to be on the actual frame when using Sweet Scent.

Also, the pitch on the target frame is completely useless apart from telling you that you have overshot your target by exactly 1 frame. Listen to the frames before the target, they are quite notable:

71 - Mid-High (75)
72 - Low (17)
73 - Low (15)
74 - Mid (58)
75 - High (82)

Do not go any further! When you have heard all of them that means you are on your target 76. The stark contrast between 71/72 and the ascending pitch at 73-74-75 makes it especially easy to recognize your frame.

Your beginning is not bad either. You can almost immediately find out if your seed is correct.

45 - Mid-Low (38)
46 - Mid-Low (29)
47 - Low (10)
48 - Low (12)
49 - High (80)

Very easy to notice: Two lows and a very high one as a followup. Try it; listen to the pitch and go along the list. You will see that the pitch pattern match the results.
Brilliant advice, thank you. I'm a little confused however. How many advances will I be doing? As I start on frame 45 will I only hear frame 46 (mid low 29) onwards, or is the first chatot flip what takes me to seed 45?

I understand about what target sound I'm listening for now so I'll give this a shot tonight. Would I have got a shiny sandile yesterday if I'd have hit my correct frame then, since all the stat info was right?

Brilliant advice, thank you. I'm a little confused however. How many advances will I be doing? As I start on frame 45 will I only hear frame 46 (mid low 29) onwards, or is the first chatot flip what takes me to seed 45?

I understand about what target sound I'm listening for now so I'll give this a shot tonight. Would I have got a shiny sandile yesterday if I'd have hit my correct frame then, since all the stat info was right?
To be frank, we actually do not count frames. We orientate ourselves solely by listening to the pitches - it's very easy when you use a clear test sound. That's because we breed very often and you do not get consistent starting frames there.
Since we will be doing some Pokebank preperations we might as well check the starting frame. We will notify you once we know better. Until then, using a good test sound will ease the pitch listening a lot.

ManlySylveon

I'm curios to ask this question: Are you saved in a Room with no NPCs? NPCs can mess up your PID RNG Frame, so beware of them.
Also, if you need to check your SID, use Pokecheck.org. Just follow the instructions on the main page :)

ManlySylveon

Banned deucer.
ManlySylveon

I'm curios to ask this question: Are you saved in a Room with no NPCs? NPCs can mess up your PID RNG Frame, so beware of them.
Also, if you need to check your SID, use Pokecheck.org. Just follow the instructions on the main page :)
I'm at relic castle which I've been told has no WNPCS. I went to the room where you fall through the sands as it's a completely empty room just in case of that fact haha. I'm gonna try again tonight following the advice you both have given me and hopefully I'll be back with positive results!

Quick question (I can't find the 4th gen RNG thread)

Is it possible to RNG 4th gen carts (SoulSilver, if it matters) using a 3DS? Do I just account for the 8 second delay when booting the game? Would SRing work the same way? Thanks =)

Quick question (I can't find the 4th gen RNG thread)

Is it possible to RNG 4th gen carts (SoulSilver, if it matters) using a 3DS? Do I just account for the 8 second delay when booting the game? Would SRing work the same way? Thanks =)
The thread's right below this one O_o

Yes, it is. No need to account for the 7(not 8) second delay. Just sync your 3DS with your Timer, and load up your game.
Then, at the end of the first Timer, Soft-Reset your game. Done! It works the same way as in any other DS System.

I wanted to possibly RNG some 5th generation Pokemon (to eventually Pokebank over...woo), one of which is Dream Radar Lugia. The issue I have is that apparently once you RNG it and import it, there's no undoing it - you only get one try. I do have the benefit of having a flashkart however which means I can just replace my save file with a new one but the dream radar also seems to have it's own save data and I'm confused as to how I could use this all to my benefit of not having to worry about screwing up an RNG (I have done very little of this so...). Also does the dream radar happen to work with the original black and white?

ManlySylveon

Banned deucer.
Just wanted to say a massive thank you to Code Breaker and Onicon. Managed to get my perfect speed shiny Sandile after a few more attempts. I was in a busy cafe at the time so I was lucky to be able to hear the Chatot pitches enough to time things right but I managed it! Now really looking forward to seeing how Krookodile fares up in XY OU :)

I just finished mastering generation 4 RNG abuse and am trying to learn gen 5 abuse as well, but none of the tutorials I'm watching seem to give me accurate results when I try them in-game due, I suspect, to out-of-date RNG Reporter versions (I'm using the most current, 9.96.5) and the radical differences between methods used. Can anyone link me to a good tutorial with all of the following qualities?

A) Uses the most recent version of RNG Reporter
B) Covers all steps of the process, from Calibration to hitting seeds for eggs, legendaries, and so forth
C) Preferably uses EonTimer

The lack of seed verification in this gen is killing me. Is this really supposed to be easier than Gen 4?

Thanks in advance!

It would be a bit easier to recommend you a guide if we know what guide have failed you. But that's why we are here patching up inconsistencies. The 5th gen is regarded as easier because the window for booting the game (formerly known as delay) is very loose - unless you are using BW2, which is much stricter and adds a dash of luck in it.

Until we know what you need to cover, we will write a little check list in order for you to point out the issue easier.

1. Use the RNG Reporter's Parameter Finder in order to calibrate. Should be self-explanatory.
2. Do it multiple times and write down the difference between the second you used to configure your EonTimer and the 'Actual Seconds' in the Parameter Finder. Also remember the Timer0.
3. If you get consistent results, use the most common Timer0 for your profile. The time difference is important when you need to hit a specific time/seed.

Now, in the 5th gen the Pokemon is generated by two different RNG methods. One for the IVs and a seperate one for PID, nature, gender and ability. You will NOT want to advance the IV frame, instead find a seed which has your desired IVs and advace the PID frame only.

4. Go into the 5th Generation Time Finder. Since we are not going to touch the IV frames, leave the Min/Max Frame at 1.
5. Use the IVs Method, your Encounter Type of choice, and search for the IVs you want. Nature, ability and gender are irrelevant because they are generated differently.
6. Right-click and copy a seed to clipboard. Note the time.
7. Back to the main window, choose Gen 5 PIDRNG as the method, paste the seed into the text box, press 'Calculate Initial PIDRNG' and then 'Generate'.

That's all the preperation stuff. You hopefully still have the time difference somewhere. The RNG Reporter tells you which 'Actual Time' the game has to start in order to get the desired seed. Which means, you need to adjust your EonTimer a bit, depending on the time difference when calibrating. Luckily, when you finally magange to hit the seed consistently, you will always get the correct IVs.

8. Setup your EonTimer and your DS clock. Lauch both of them at the same time (SPACE key for EonTimer). Let the game boot at the right moment.

Look at the table in the RNG Reporter's main window. You will start at the starting frame.

9. Advance the PID frame until you are on one with the desired nature/gender/ability/PID by listening to a custom chatter of a Chatot or by saving. Move down the list every time you do so.
10. Start the fight, catch it, win.

For the simplicity's sake we have kept the check list barebone. Can you point out the issues?

1st issue:
The lack of seed verification in this gen is killing me. Is this really supposed to be easier than Gen 4?
You can use the custom cries of the Chatots to verify your seed. They are also very handy on order to keep track of the PID frame. Best done with a clear test sound.

It would be a bit easier to recommend you a guide if we know what guide have failed you. But that's why we are here patching up inconsistencies. The 5th gen is regarded as easier because the window for booting the game (formerly known as delay) is very loose - unless you are using BW2, which is much stricter and adds a dash of luck in it.

Until we know what you need to cover, we will write a little check list in order for you to point out the issue easier.

1. Use the RNG Reporter's Parameter Finder in order to calibrate. Should be self-explanatory.
2. Do it multiple times and write down the difference between the second you used to configure your EonTimer and the 'Actual Seconds' in the Parameter Finder. Also remember the Timer0.
3. If you get consistent results, use the most common Timer0 for your profile. The time difference is important when you need to hit a specific time/seed.

Now, in the 5th gen the Pokemon is generated by two different RNG methods. One for the IVs and a seperate one for PID, nature, gender and ability. You will NOT want to advance the IV frame, instead find a seed which has your desired IVs and advace the PID frame only.

4. Go into the 5th Generation Time Finder. Since we are not going to touch the IV frames, leave the Min/Max Frame at 1.
5. Use the IVs Method, your Encounter Type of choice, and search for the IVs you want. Nature, ability and gender are irrelevant because they are generated differently.
6. Right-click and copy a seed to clipboard. Note the time.
7. Back to the main window, choose Gen 5 PIDRNG as the method, paste the seed into the text box, press 'Calculate Initial PIDRNG' and then 'Generate'.

That's all the preperation stuff. You hopefully still have the time difference somewhere. The RNG Reporter tells you which 'Actual Time' the game has to start in order to get the desired seed. Which means, you need to adjust your EonTimer a bit, depending on the time difference when calibrating. Luckily, when you finally magange to hit the seed consistently, you will always get the correct IVs.

8. Setup your EonTimer and your DS clock. Lauch both of them at the same time (SPACE key for EonTimer). Let the game boot at the right moment.

Look at the table in the RNG Reporter's main window. You will start at the starting frame.

9. Advance the PID frame until you are on one with the desired nature/gender/ability/PID by listening to a custom chatter of a Chatot or by saving. Move down the list every time you do so.
10. Start the fight, catch it, win.

For the simplicity's sake we have kept the check list barebone. Can you point out the issues?

1st issue:

You can use the custom cries of the Chatots to verify your seed. They are also very handy on order to keep track of the PID frame. Best done with a clear test sound.

With a few screw-up attempts, this method seems to be working, though I haven't gotten to the Chatots yet.

I calibrated successfully and found my consistent Timer0, which was C85. My actual time never differed from my target time either, so I left that alone in EonTimer.

I checked the Time Finder for a nearly perfect IV spread, plugging in the results to the main window.

After checking my initial frame, I determined that, to verify that the method was working thusfar, I would try to hit the initial frame at Victory Road. This should have yielded a Pokemon at encounter slot 2, which at the final cave of Victory Road, is a Durant, with a Bashful nature. The first attempt was an unqualified failure, as I hit a Boldore with a Lonely nature and low-end stats. On the second attempt, I succeeded in catching the Bashful Durant, and as per the IV judge, it did have the five perfect stats that I had specified.

Fake Edit: Ok, I just tried the Chatot method, advancing the frame by 5 to what ought to have been a Sassy Durant. It was indeed, and the IV judge has confirmed that the five perfect stats are still there.

So this method definitely works for catching wild pokemon (and I would assume legendaries, as well). Thanks so much for your help on that!

I'll try to figure out breeding myself, but I'll check in here if it doesn't work out.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
How do you rng Curtis' mons? I want the spiritomb, but there seem to be many random npcs in that area.
I don;t know which method is the pokemon generated either. Have googled and found nothing.
It would be a regular gift Pokemon. As for the WNPCs, you'll have to get your desired frame through trial and error (using Chatter pitches will help).

It has been some time since BW2 egg rng came out, so is there a chance this function will be implemented in any English tool?
Or has 5th gen rng become a thing of the past because of destiny knot?

^There are well-documented instances of successful BW2 Egg RNG on Japanese games.
One of them:

K, the thing is that I Googled this thing which is supposed to be the nazo of English W2:
0209AF28
02039E15
022000A4
022000A4

This value was put into BW2孵化乱数用ツール, and a seed was found.
http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag73/kadabrium/5B7553164E716570_zpsa98d7b12.png
The second one in the picture was used.

This seed was copied into the standard version of both RNGreporter and BWSeedList. The same Chatot pitch pattern was produced by both programs.
Counting on this, I generated the save progress pointer pattern by BWSeedList, because I was not yet confident in recognizing chatot pitch.

However, the correct pointer pattern was never hit. Instead, a pattern of 7547325...was found, and was able to be reproduced in subsequent trials.

Suspecting the validity of the initial seed, I generated all seeds in that day using RNGreporter, and found the seed at the time specified by BW2孵化乱数用ツール, which was 10:58:39.

This seed has a value of DE06D48B8A1EFE58. When put into RNGreporter and BWSeedList again, both still give the same chatot pattern. However, this time the save progress pointer pattern generated by BWSeedList was

504545352630365061730514603033613740131051331763754732525666461567077464332777715556463632320761735157030736036105416710250001031447137761721...

which does contain the sequence 7547325.

Conclusion: There are only two possible reasons of this error occuring, that I can think of: either the nazo value used in the experiment was incorrect, or the English version use a different algorithm in Egg RNG than the Japanese one.

To add on:
Next step in the experiment could involve RNG of other obtaining method(eg. wild, gift, stationary) using the supposed nazo, on a Japanese RNG tool (or any one that allow custom nazo for that matter).
Since an initial seed does not depend on the obtaining method which is going to be used, if this experiment fails it will be safe to conclude that the nazo in incorrect.
That's if the conclusion isn't already known by any of you here.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Well this is interesting, though the process might be somehow complicated...
I suppose there's also a documented shiny breeding RNG on BW2?

I doubt that many people would be interested in this considering that we can already do this on BW1 without the annoyance of being trolled by the Timer0.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)