Pokémon Togekiss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be too far-fetched to try something like a cleric build on her?

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/212 Def/44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Roost/Wish
- Defog/Thunder Wave
- Fire Blast/Dazzling Gleam/Air Slash

She has more physical bulk than most if not all clerics while maintaining a quite high (not as high as Blissey/Sylveon/Florges though) special bulk.
What sets her apart is her power/paraflinchability to actually kill things and the possibility of defog utility.
(Not possible before december though, Defog is a Gen4 TM and Heal Bell a Gen5 Tutor!)
Thoughts?

Last edited:
Personally, I've been using a variation of the Bulky Offense set, but with a few different things. I gave it an Assault Vest, swapped Roost for Fire Blast, gave it Aura Sphere, and changed its EV spread to be more physically defensive. Lemme tell ya, it wrecks. Given some prediction skills (and maybe a turn of hax), it can have perfect coverage while simultaneously walling all special attackers and many physical ones.

Also, I suggest you put in Aegislash as a good partner (dat synergy...)

Personally, I've been using a variation of the Bulky Offense set, but with a few different things. I gave it an Assault Vest, swapped Roost for Fire Blast, gave it Aura Sphere, and changed its EV spread to be more physically defensive. Lemme tell ya, it wrecks. Given some prediction skills (and maybe a turn of hax), it can have perfect coverage while simultaneously walling all special attackers and many physical ones.

I feel like assault vest is wasted on it as it locks it out out T-wave for paraflinch, and rost and leftovers, its only reliable forms of recovery, plus with roost you at least get to make electric/ice neutral on hit as well on it, But at least you have success with it!

I'm thinking of running that bulky offense set with twave|dazzling gleam|roost|air slash to abuse its sexy stab options. Twave to slow down/hax the walls that could be switched in, then switch out to something that can check or kill. i'm liking the synergy of this set.

I feel like assault vest is wasted on it as it locks it out out T-wave for paraflinch, and rost and leftovers, its only reliable forms of recovery, plus with roost you at least get to make electric/ice neutral on hit as well on it, But at least you have success with it!

I'm thinking of running that bulky offense set with twave|dazzling gleam|roost|air slash to abuse its sexy stab options. Twave to slow down/hax the walls that could be switched in, then switch out to something that can check or kill. i'm liking the synergy of this set.
Twave isn't in the set, and besides any BoltBeam combo is walled with Assault Vest anyway. The whole point of my set it to increase special walling capability so that it doesn't NEED recovery, and to give it extra coverage. It also wouldn't work with the strategy of Aegislash-take a hit, then attack. Twave makes Aegislash bad.

Even on Togekiss's page, thunder wave isn't in the bulky offense set.

Does anybody else notice that skarmory could make an amazing partner as together they make score basicaly unbreakable to any dragon unless they want to run stone edge plus fire move add a gastrodon for electric immunity and it's basicsly unbreakable.

Last edited:
Have not read the whole thread, so I don't know if this has been addressed... but what about putting it on a team with Scolipede where the obvious targets are the physical attackers, and then have Scolipede just pass it +2 DEF and +2 SPE. It would give it the bulk to potentially survive a Bullet Punch and OHKO Sciozr back with Fire Blast, and let it run all four of its attacking moves for full coverage, using flinchax for additional "tank stats".

I'm interested in leveling up a toga kiss for my team just don't know what's the best nature to get. A lot of people are saying to go with a modest nature but I was thinking more of a bold or careful nature. So my question is what would be the best nature for a rogue kiss with roost, twave, air slash, and nasty plot? Also how should he's evs be spread? I also want to know if kings rock stack with the 60% flinch.

I play her slightly different. Since she is bulky and doesn't die to super effective moves most the time (special attack at least), I use her more offensively lol.

Togekiss @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP/212 spD/44 SpA
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash
- Nasty Plot

Nasty plot the first turn and wait to eat first super effective attack to proc Weakness Policy and then proceed to kill. I usually send her out vs special attackers. While her speed is not all that great I have other pokemon who are capable of baton passing speed boosts to her. Though it's a rather risky. I find it rather weird that players sometimes send in Tyranitar in order to OHKO my Togekiss. It's like they wasn't expecting me to run Dazzling Gleam. >_> Thunder wave is there for speedy pokemon.

Whats the EV spread on this one? i've been thinking and you're right AV Togekiss could wreck.

Yes, Sticky Web is very scary paired with the new Togekiss. If you get the web + a Nasty Plot up, it's almost a guaranteed win. You don't need Roost because of the speed drop, too, so you're free to choose 3 attack moves. I think Air Slash/Flamethrower/Dazzling Gleam is the most solid setup. Aura Sphere doesn't even 2HKO Assault Vest Tyranitar or OHKO normal Ttar and you've got the Stone Edge coming at you, so you'd probably have to switch out on him, anyway

I think that excadrill works amazingly with togekiss, as he can just tank any electric or rock attack and spin away stealth rocks.

I think Secret Power is a good option to run in a paraflich set. In Buildings it have a 30% paralysis rate (60% with Serene Grace). It's a good replacement for Body Slam that is currently unavailable and for a lot of people is imposible to obtain.

I posted a set I'm testing in the "Creative/Underrated Set Thread". Here it is:

Togekiss@Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpA
Nature: Bold/Modest
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Dazzling Gleam/Shadow Ball
- Secret Power

Paraflich while having the Assault Vest. The full Def EVs gives a good chance to survive Choice Banded Scizor's Bullet Punch. Leftovers + Roost could be more reliable because of the great healing. AV forces Togekiss to have a better coverage and SDef at the cost of no healing.

Maybe this could work

Togekiss@Life Orb
178HP/80SpA/252Spe
Dazzling Gleam
Fire Blast/Flamethrower
Aura Sphere
Roost/Nasty Plot

Dazzling Gleam replaces Air Slash Fire Blast for Steels and Roost to heal off LO recoil

What sort of stats would you recommend if you plan on having sticky web up all the time? I am considering Galvantula or maybe even Shuckle, and expect to have the web up at least most of the time. Would you need to invest in speed? Can you still go modest with full special attack, or maybe modest with some EV in speed or what?

What sort of stats would you recommend if you plan on having sticky web up all the time? I am considering Galvantula or maybe even Shuckle, and expect to have the web up at least most of the time. Would you need to invest in speed? Can you still go modest with full special attack, or maybe modest with some EV in speed or what?
For an offensive Togekiss, 164 Spe EVs lets outspeed grounded base 130 Spe at most. For a defensive set, you could use 52 EVs to outspeed Rotom-W outside webs, and Jolly Mega Garchomp inside.

EDIT: It's been a really long time since I've edited this and I've already long needed to, so edited the OP. The Bulky LO-set is the most effective offensive route imo, so put that above the more sweeper-ish sets (which need a lot of support to work)

Last edited:
I've been using a pretty consistent set with a ridiculous degree of effectiveness lately - I'll go ahead and say that it probably won't be able to shoehorn its way into a completely vanilla, Smogon-founded team, but if you take out the appropriate threats beforehand, it can be a monster as an endgame sweeper.

Togekiss @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SAtk / 232 Spd
Timid Nature
- Counter
- Dazzling Gleam
- Heat Wave
- Air Slash

A more defensive build is possible, but a little speed is recommended just so you can out-maneuver some basic threats due to the lack of Thunder Wave. Rather than attempt to progressively cripple whatever unmanageables you'd ordinarily face using paraflinch hax and Roost, this one aims to sneak its way in masquerading as a wall but then let loose as a specially bulky sweeper. Assault Vest means that Togekiss can withstand a little extra punishment from potential killers, while Defense is left empty in order to maximize Counter damage - depending on the set being run and the entry hazards out, Togekiss is completely capable of withstanding a Bullet Punch from Scizor thanks to the HP investment and retaliating with either a Heat Wave sucker punch - or, if a physical threat would be able to withstand the specials, you can hit back hard with Counter, which does in fact work with Assault Vest.

The biggest things to watch out for are Gengar and Tyranitar using this set - Tyranitar's Special Defense gets boosted too high for Dazzling Gleam to even put a dent in it and it'll usually one-shot Togekiss. It also works wonders with some basic support, for example Sylveon passing it a few Calm Minds or even speed boosts, really.

I'm wrestling with the choice between Timid, Bold, or Modest... The defensive sets are a little outclassed by the offensive sets now, but I don't know if I want more speed or more power. Togekiss is fucking slow either way. Can anyone name some relevant threats Timid Togekiss outspeeds that the Bold and Modest sets don't?

I'm personally a little wary of that Assault Vest set - Roost obviously can't be used, which limits the number of Togekiss switch-ins. Scarfed varients at least can try to flinch to victory, but this set doesn't have that boosted speed. However, the combination of ol' Rapid Spin and the new-and improved Defog might be enough to deter Stealth Rocks. Can't say much until I try it out myself, I guess!

Last edited by a moderator:
My Riotkiss set isn't going to be making headlines any time soon, but it's meant to break up the monotony of your average paraflinch sets. You either switch in on a special move not named Ice Beam / Thunder or a Fighting / Dragon / Dark move and use your implied status ailment mon to scare them into switching to Ferrothorn, Forretress, etc. and immediately roast their foil with Heat Wave.

It may not be a guaranteed whittle-down kill as the case usually is with Togekiss, but with proper hazard support and a little prediction it can make waves a lot faster, even if it lacks speed.

Last edited:
Okay, so been trying out Togekiss on Pokebank OU. And... it's REALLY cool. At first I thought it was kinda eh. The Nasty Plot set was okay, and Defog is useful (Togekiss being sort of in the same position as Volcarona in that it can just use a recovery move and it's bulk to make up for stealth rock damage, and it's immune to all the other entry hazards). But things totally turned around when I replaced Air Slash and Aura Sphere with Dazzling Gleam and Fire Blast. Dazzling Gleam and Air Slash wouldn't work just because it gets walled by steel types so badly. Air Slash also has really weak base-power. The flinch chance is okay, but I'd prefer reliable power. Fire Blast hits most steel types harder than Aura Sphere does too. Also deals way better with Skarmory, Ferrothorn and Forretress (whose entry-hazards you're defogging away).

Defog also has good synergy with Fire Blast. Defog essentially increases your accuracy, which makes Fire Blast more reliable. Screen-users and such also don't like it. Losing my entry-hazards kinda blows, but most of the things that actually lay the hazards Togekiss can deal with (Ferrothorn/Foretress have Gyro Ball, though and Tyrannitar has stone edge and doesn't take a whole lot from Dazzling Gleam). So it's pretty easy to get your own hazards back up after dealing with their entry-hazard layer.

do i have to evolve togepi into a togekiss for it to learn surf and thundershock or thunder bolt?

and what moves are best for a bold togekiss?

Okay, so been trying out Togekiss on Pokebank OU. And... it's REALLY cool. At first I thought it was kinda eh. The Nasty Plot set was okay, and Defog is useful (Togekiss being sort of in the same position as Volcarona in that it can just use a recovery move and it's bulk to make up for stealth rock damage, and it's immune to all the other entry hazards). But things totally turned around when I replaced Air Slash and Aura Sphere with Dazzling Gleam and Fire Blast. Dazzling Gleam and Air Slash wouldn't work just because it gets walled by steel types so badly. Air Slash also has really weak base-power. The flinch chance is okay, but I'd prefer reliable power. Fire Blast hits most steel types harder than Aura Sphere does too. Also deals way better with Skarmory, Ferrothorn and Forretress (whose entry-hazards you're defogging away).

Defog also has good synergy with Fire Blast. Defog essentially increases your accuracy, which makes Fire Blast more reliable. Screen-users and such also don't like it. Losing my entry-hazards kinda blows, but most of the things that actually lay the hazards Togekiss can deal with (Ferrothorn/Foretress have Gyro Ball, though and Tyrannitar has stone edge and doesn't take a whole lot from Dazzling Gleam). So it's pretty easy to get your own hazards back up after dealing with their entry-hazard layer.
What nature and evs are you running if you don't mind me asking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)