Pokémon Aegislash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
The Autotomize set with weakness policy is quite good for a late game sweep, the only downside is that it requires its checks and counters to be gone, or it needs dual screens/memento to help it get set up if its counters aren't gone.

Since when do people run SpA Aegislash? I have honestly seen it once since the OU beta started. Quagsire also counters Talonflame and Scizor as well. He's got a spot on my OU team.
This is the mentality of many people that lose 2+ mons a game to mixed Aegislash. You have to at least be very careful of Aegislash since it can run bulky SD, CB, mixed all-out, and mixed Autotomize.

It also sometimes uses HP Ice to catch Gliscor on certain sets. Shadow Ball rapes Gliscor almost as hard too.

I haven't been updated on Aegislash in the past month and I don't really feel like digging through the thread, so excuse my ignorance:

Why exactly has mixed aegislash become the best set? And why is quiet nature the best on it? Won't it be too slow then to hit with anything besides shadow sneak?

Okay, first time posting, but obviously not my first time here.

So, I've been curious about what people are doing about Swagger or any type of confusion? I haven't played very much, but I recently witnessed a hilarious situation with a confused Aegislash. Since then, I've been tinkering around with a Stall Scrafty.

Scrafty Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252HP/252SPE
Careful Nature
Swagger
Detect
Crunch
Thunder Punch/Drain Punch

Originally used on my team to deal with Special sweepers, I thought I might bring the little guy back to check mixed Aegislash and bring in some confusion against it. Maybe other more effective parafusion users could set up on Aegislash more easily? More than likely not a great idea, but I wondered whether it was a threat to Aegislash.

Okay, first time posting, but obviously not my first time here.

So, I've been curious about what people are doing about Swagger or any type of confusion? I haven't played very much, but I recently witnessed a hilarious situation with a confused Aegislash. Since then, I've been tinkering around with a Stall Scrafty.

Scrafty Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252HP/252SPE
Careful Nature
Swagger
Detect
Crunch
Thunder Punch/Drain Punch

Originally used on my team to deal with Special sweepers, I thought I might bring the little guy back to check mixed Aegislash and bring in some confusion against it. Maybe other more effective parafusion users could set up on Aegislash more easily? More than likely not a great idea, but I wondered whether it was a threat to Aegislash.
It'd work, but Klefki does it better, IMHO. Scrafty doesn't appreciate a +1/+3 Sacred Sword (after Intimidate + Swagger, depending on whether SD/Weakness Policy triggers) hit much and Klefki can soak that kind of punishment up much more easily.

It'd work, but Klefki does it better, IMHO. Scrafty doesn't appreciate a +1/+3 Sacred Sword (after Intimidate + Swagger, depending on whether SD/Weakness Policy triggers) hit much and Klefki can soak that kind of punishment up much more easily.
Haha, oh, I don't imagine Scrafty will like that in the face at all, but seeing as how Aegislash nearly kills itself attempting an attack under confusion, I was hoping that it would scare off anyone but the boldest. (That's the hilarious story by the way. Seeing a physical Aegislash kill itself in confusion.)

Though you're right. Klefki is what I had in mind also in terms of a parafusion set-up, but I have absolutely no experience with that 'mon at all so I didn't want to speculate too wildly.

Haha, oh, I don't imagine Scrafty will like that in the face at all, but seeing as how Aegislash nearly kills itself attempting an attack under confusion, I was hoping that it would scare off anyone but the boldest. (That's the hilarious story by the way. Seeing a physical Aegislash kill itself in confusion.)

Though you're right. Klefki is what I had in mind also in terms of a parafusion set-up, but I have absolutely no experience with that 'mon at all so I didn't want to speculate too wildly.
With Klefki, you also get the option to Foul Play for good measure- which takes advantage of what'll be at least a +2'd Aegislash if it's dumb enough to try and hit you through the Swagfusion, or wear down anything that comes in on the hard switchout. Given Klefki's typing, it might just plain force out Aegislash altogether in many cases. I've had the embarassing result of having a +6'd Aegislash ending up confused before it got to SS something and smacking itself to death on the self-abuse.

If your +4 Aegislash in Blade stance and 30% HP faces a Talonflame at full health, how will you predict?
I'd usually attack unless I know it is choice banded in which I would probaby KS and sneak the next turn.

+4 252+ Atk Aegislash-Blade Shadow Sneak vs. 192 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 318-375 (92.1 - 108.6%)

Last edited:
If your +4 Aegislash in Blade stance and 30% HP faces a Talonflame at full health, how will you predict?
I actually used the mixed Aegislash set so...yeah. But I've used Talonflame against Aegislash before, and most people just use King's Shield while I Roost or Swords Dance. So I'd Shadow Sneak if I have to stay in.

Or I can opt to ditch my boosts and leave. Really, I wouldn't be trying to set up with such a large threat still alive in the first place.

Isnt wow standard on the band set?
Why Would he WoW you when you are already at +4 and have priority? He has to switch out and take whatever +1.5 hit from aegislash which would destroy most things. If he is banded, his best bet is to flare blitz, because aegislash wins if he KS on a brave bird. Flare Blitz gives talonflame a ~50/50 chance to win even at -2. If Talonflame is banded, aegislash's best bet is to KS for more leftovers recovery, because talonflame will KO Aegislash regardless even at -2 in shield form. Then, sneak to get a decent roll for the KO and at least take him down to 92% with the leftovers recovery getting more recoil damage.

Because crippling a incoming rotom-w or tyranitar on turn 2 with a burn feels so sweet.

In theory of course. In practice u-turning is way safer and almost as good. The only real use for will-o-wisp is switching into an aegislash SD and burning it while it king shields then switching out to your real sword ghost counter.

So i'm trying to find a good defensive loadout that lets me wall, but also kill some common threats in my local Meta...

Aegislash w/Leftovers (been thinking of maybe swapping for something else, no idea what though)
Quiet Nature, 252 HP, 252 SPAtk, 4 Atk

Iron Head (Lot's of Azumarill's and Slyveon's popping up nowadays....)
Shadow Ball (To take out Anything that a ghost can megakill, or at least deal some good damage to)
Shadow Sneak (as a follow-up to Shadow Ball)
King's Shield (Because staying alive is good)

I welcome any input *NooB ALERT!*

What about Mega Charizard-Y?

252+ SpA Mega Charizard-Y Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aegislash-Shield in Sun: 320-380 (98.7 - 117.2%)

So it OHKO's the common Aegislash variants. Even the 252/252+ variant has a slim chance of survival. But then...

+2 4 Atk Aegislash-Blade Sacred Sword vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard-Y: 113-133 (37.9 - 44.6%)
+2 4 Atk Aegislash-Blade Shadow Sneak vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard-Y: 151-178 (50.6 - 59.7%)

KO is possible, though not very likely, with that particular spread. And of course those damage outputs are halved without Swords Dance. Be careful of switching your Charizard into SR...

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
What about Mega Charizard-Y?

252+ SpA Mega Charizard-Y Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aegislash-Shield in Sun: 320-380 (98.7 - 117.2%)

So it OHKO's the common Aegislash variants. Even the 252/252+ variant has a slim chance of survival. But then...

+2 4 Atk Aegislash-Blade Sacred Sword vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard-Y: 113-133 (37.9 - 44.6%)
+2 4 Atk Aegislash-Blade Shadow Sneak vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard-Y: 151-178 (50.6 - 59.7%)

KO is possible, though not very likely, with that particular spread. And of course those damage outputs are halved without Swords Dance. Be careful of switching your Charizard into SR...
Why an aegis user stays in on zard is beyond me though, so although those calcs might work, they're certainly not relevant since aegis is switching out in all likelyhood.

So i'm trying to find a good defensive loadout that lets me wall, but also kill some common threats in my local Meta...

Aegislash w/Leftovers (been thinking of maybe swapping for something else, no idea what though)
Quiet Nature, 252 HP, 252 SPAtk, 4 Atk

Iron Head (Lot's of Azumarill's and Slyveon's popping up nowadays....)
Shadow Ball (To take out Anything that a ghost can megakill, or at least deal some good damage to)
Shadow Sneak (as a follow-up to Shadow Ball)
King's Shield (Because staying alive is good)

I welcome any input *NooB ALERT!*
i don't see the point of running only 4 Atk EVs if 2 out of your 3 attacks are physical...

I've found that a mixed attacking choice scarf set works decently well.

Aegislash (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 HP / 126 Atk / 126 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

guys is there a build that we can make use of perfect 6IV aegislash?
If it's Quiet, then the Mixed Spooky Plate/LO set is good, or the Mixed 3-attacks set. Generally, any mixed set should be using a 31 speed IV (30 Speed IV if you want to use HP Ice) so that it can outspeed physically defensive Hippowdon (and Donphan lol) and 2HKO it with Shadow Ball.

If it's Quiet, then the Mixed Spooky Plate/LO set is good, or the Mixed 3-attacks set. Generally, any mixed set should be using a 31 speed IV (30 Speed IV if you want to use HP Ice) so that it can outspeed physically defensive Hippowdon (and Donphan lol) and 2HKO it with Shadow Ball.
its brave unfortunately, i hope there's a build for brave 6IV aegislash coz thats speed is a waste

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)