Serious Political correctness is ruining America

Mind explaining this? While of course you can't make blanket statements about an entire group, I am pretty sure the Mormon Church is officially against homosexuality policy wise, supporting financially movements to undo gay marriage efforts. So while "Mormons" are not homophobic, the organization is IMO.

Am I wrong in this? My information on this is admittedly a bit out dated (from a documentary a few years ago).

I do sympathize with Mormons being accused of not being Christian. You are in whatever group you think you are in, other people have no right to say that you aren't based on their twisted definitions. I sometimes experience a similar level of bullshit when people try to tell me I am really Agnostic according to their definition, when I self identify as an Atheist. (I will have even further problems with my trans*ness in the future, as a lot of people think penis => male, even my own family, but lets not get into that here :) )
I don't mind at all. there is a difference between homosexuals and homosexual marriage. we have no problem if you are homosexual, you can get baptized and all that stuff. however, as far as homosexual marriage goes, we don't allow it because we feel like marriage is very sacred and god explicitly told us that marriage is between a man and a women and we intend to stick with his word. there are homosexual in the church but since your not allowed to have sex outside of marriage they (if strictly following the commandments) will never have sex. just saying being a homophobe would mean that you blatenly disregard Jesus' teachings of love thy neighbor. so yea, Mormons are not homophobes.

Look buddy, straight white men get shit on more than anyone in this day and age. We can't do or say shit without it being offensive.

And that offends me.
While I agree that the 'straight white men are the devil' shit gets tiring really fast I'm not quite sure that I'd call them the most discriminated group. Nonetheless, I am sorry if I discriminated against you and your people.

No response to my question, newtonja?
Also, the problem with the 'laugh at ALL the stereotypes' thing is that not all stereotypes are born equal. I mean, it's a cliche, but when's the last time someone laughed at you for being a straight white male (assuming you are straight, obviously)? Whatever part of you that gets poked fun at is more likely to be something more personal to you than "You're Arabic? That's Asian for terrorist, isn't it?"

And I don't think I'll touch Connorw's wall of text, other than to point out that you pretty much said "I'm not racist, I have native American friends."
Oh no im a racist. Everyone is. Lol was just saying he doesnt give a crap. But seriously, everyone is a little racist. I make racist jokes all the time (well, actually not all the time, but whatever) but i say them simply as a joke and i dont actually think that way, its more of a joke on the stereotype rather than the peoples as a whole. But everyone is a little racist, but did u really think i was just justifiing myself? No, i was pointing out my friend DOESNT GIVE A CRAP if i say it. Though i dont know how hed react to an indian stereotype joke, cuz i dont have any or none that are worth telling, he would probably take it as a joke and nothing but.
And what do u mean thats all i said, it was a passing offhand comment in the overall scheme of my admittedly drawn out response.

Edit: somebody actually deleted this post. Deleted it. I just got censored for what i believe and what i say. Thank god i can simply reshow it to point this out: i got CENSORED for this.

Last edited:

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Everyone is. Lol was just saying he doesnt give a crap. But seriously, everyone is a little racist.
I agree with that. Everyone is, to a certain extent. I'm not saying that it's right though.
It's a bit like, how everyone would have told lies during their lives, but that of course is bad. Anyone who claims that he/ she had not told a lie before is a big fat liar anyway.

But we shouldn't purposefully insult, and as long as what we say isn't offensive to an average, common third person, I don't see the fuss.

If only one or two people are being offended, the whole fuss should be ignored, there's no point of dealing with it.
People have good imagination these days and associate what you say with something you might not even have seen before.

Anyone who goes to take advanced actions, such as writing an entire news article published on newspapers, or telling people to remove Christmas trees from shopping malls, are based on personal subjective presumption, himself or herself is messed in the first place.

----------------

(Edit: Sorry, I re-read this post and see how misleading the last paragraph is. I originally was trying to mean that if someone over reacts to a certain neutral statement or action, even when most people from the same ethnic group did not find offensive, and proceeds to take advanced actions, then the person who chose to become offended is messed.
Bad organization and bad English. Bad concentration too.)

Last edited:

Crux

Banned deucer.
No. Not everyone is racist. What kind of perverse racist apologism must you engage in in order to come to that conclusion? You are totally in control of your own thoughts and actions, if your response to your thoughts and actions being racist is "everyone is racist anyway, doesn't matter lol" then that is some kind of messed up. This is nothing but a justification for passive racism at worst and naturalistic fallacy at best.

Myzozoa said pretty much everything else I would have had to say in this thread, good job buddy xoxox

Cresselia~~

No. Not everyone is racist. What kind of perverse racist apologism must you engage in in order to come to that conclusion? You are totally in control of your own thoughts and actions, if your response to your thoughts and actions being racist is "everyone is racist anyway, doesn't matter lol" then that is some kind of messed up. This is nothing but a justification for passive racism at worst and naturalistic fallacy at best.

Myzozoa said pretty much everything else I would have had to say in this thread, good job buddy xoxox
Big straw man fallacy here, and very mistaken.
[EDIT: SORRY!! I thought you meant me. I'm so freaking screwed.]

I never said it doesn't matter. And neither did I justify it.
My point is, the degree of it, and whether you take control on not letting people feel it -- no one should purposefully insult anyone.
People's actions should be controlled, yes. But people's perception can be deeply influenced on what has happened in his/ her life and may not be changed easily.

I just don't think anyone could be absolutely clean from racism.
It simply is impossible for anyone to have absolutely no opinion towards any certain race. (whether positive or negative)

If you define racism properly, then being totally non-racist is to absolutely view every person as an individual and to absolutely not have an opinion towards an ethnic group. This includes even positive stereotypes that aren't normally viewed as offensive.

The word racism is not limited towards bigotry comments or hate or discrimination!

If you say that you are absolutely not racist, this includes that you have never said stuff like "The majority of ___ cooks better than ______, and [insert person's name] is _____, no wonder!", "_____ are generally louder". Even "___ generally prefer it this way" is by definition racist, even when hardly anyone should get offended.
That also means that you had never tried to explain any individual's actions by analyzing their cultural background.

Moreover, what a person thinks in the inside does not correlate with his/ her actions.
People should separate action and the person.

(Just how did you reach into this conclusion when my previous post obviously made a separation between action and thought?)

By definition, " straight white men get shit on more than anyone in this day and age. We can't do or say shit without it being offensive." (from above)
is also racist. (a little bit though, because it is separating the race and talking about a collective group.)
The difference is the degree of it.
"Racism" is not an "all-or-nothing" phenomenon.

Well done on your straw man fallacy, last time I've seen such thing was from some infamous politician.
Mind blown, negatively.
Well done for making me look like a complete demon whilst you happily pretend to be a saint. (and becomes popular because of that)
Same degree of stuff compared with claiming you have no shortcomings.
Wow, just wow.

(No, wow at me for being so stupid.)
------------

(Edit: Although I do acknowledge that I may not be able to express myself fully in English, which could be the reason why you misunderstood.)

Last edited:

Crux

Banned deucer.
Did you actually read my post? Do you know what a strawman fallacy is? Nothing you typed is responsive to anything I posted.

Everything you defined as racist is racist, I would like to think that I don't engage in any of it and where I do I attempt to fix it. Do you not see a problem with judging people based on the arbitrary race they happened to be born into, regardless of the severity of that judgement or the lack thereof?

I clearly keep the same distinction between thought and action, you can and should be critical of both.

Please post with some semblance of an actual argument in future.

(Edit: I'll take this to pm with you since a discussion of fallacies would derail the thread (in response to below))

Last edited:
a question: is it immoral to offend somebody?

i ask because while sometimes what offends us is straight-up bigotry, other times it's just unpleasant fact. often, on a personal level, there are things we don't want to be true because the reality is painful, but by accepting them we can grow and overcome them. this is something i've only witnessed conclusively with respect to individuals, but i am open to the possibility (and indeed i suspect) that the same tendency to denial may lead entire demographics to reject certain ideas unpalatable to the psyches of their individual members. my only fear around political correctness is that good ideas that happen to conflict with some demographic's sense of self may be rejected on the grounds of hurt feelings without due consideration of their merits, thereby precluding valuable opportunities for growth, as individuals, as groups, and as a society.

of course, there are dangers too in speaking too harshly and alienating people, and i'm sure that a wholesale green light for hate speech would be just as damaging to society as a national pussyfooting mandate. all in all, i'm not sure that political correctness is "good" or "bad" per se, rather it strikes me as a tool, the value of which is dependent on precisely how and how much it is used

Passive racism? Naturalistic fallacy? Obviously you missed the point. Everyone is at least subconsciously "racist", in that typically u will find someone of your own race more attractive than of another because your brain recognizes it. That said the brain wont necessarily be like "shes ugly cuz your black shes white", but will lean more towards "im white your white yay!" kind of thing. And just wondering, did u miss my first post? Cuz if i should be politically correct, then im not white now am i? Cuz thats racist right?Im caucasian, right? Oh thats right, im not from the CAUCCUS(?) MOUNTAINS! NOBODY IS FROM THE CAUCCUS MOUNTAINS! Same applies to blacks, as many people outside of africa were not born there, havent been for generations, so its not correct to call them african american or whatever in other countries So, technically no matter what you call a person, due to the fact that it really doesnt reflect where that person is from unless they are from that place themselves, that in itself is racist, and thus "politically incorrect" as well, right? Cuz i bet if i ask a black friend of mine where he was born, he would say somewhere in the us, not africa, and if i asked his race and he said african amercian, well thats not exactly correct now is it? Cuz also, what if hes also something else? What if hes also part english? Or mexican? Spanish? Russian? Asian? Or like sammy davis jr is also jewish? What. About me? Should i be called a english irish scottish swiss german austrian whelsh american? Doesnt make sense now does it?

Today a new slur was announced that is politically incorrect. Apparently you cant call nerds techies anymore. No joke look it up. Now that is f-d up.

I don't really see any reason to continue to even consider what race individual people are. Very little good comes out of classifying people by race. Obviously, there are different races of humans, but all humans have common ancestry, so "race" is a much more arbitrary term than it seems. It says a lot about our species as a whole that despite how intelligent we have become, we are still so divided on such a meaningless distinction as skin color. When was the last time a cat attacked another cat for no other reason than that its fur was a different color? Or a dry cleaning place refused to dry clean black clothing because it was black? Sure, race is more than just skin color; it also involves ancestry. However, all humans (and life on earth, for that matter) share a single common ancestor, so that's hardly a worthwhile distinction. Race as a concept frecuently leads people to treat or view certain people as inferior to themselves or other people because of something no one has any control over. Racial discrimination is exactly as justifiable as spreading hate about people of a certain shoe size. It's absolutely absurd how much hate and violence has spurred from such a meaningless classification. Who cares if you're a "black" person or a "white" person? You're no more or less of a person than anyone else. Classifying people by race can do nothing but harm.

Well race is still a thing because to a lot of people, who aren't even racist mind you, consider their race as part of their culture. Sure there is nothing inherently different mentally between an Asian and an African, but their is an entire culture behind them, it is part of their heritage, they can't disregaurd it any more then they can disregard their traditional customs.

As an American, I am sure you are knowledgeable of the Indian culture we have here. They live in their own little groups and communities. Now imagine you tried to say to them "don't worry about your race man, come on join the greater populace" you would come off as totally offensive and remind them of the forced assimilation that happened to their people at the beginning of the 20th century. Not everyone is for the "melting pot" ideology. Admittedly Native Americans are more of a different nationality identity, but their certainly is a racial-cultural motive behind what they do.

There is also the fact that race is a thing because people in the past made it a thing, the racist policies and culture of 50 years ago are still effecting people to this day.

I'm not suggesting that people should ignore their heritage. If someone is proud of their background and wants to celebrate that, that's great. However, race should not be a factor in how well people are viewed because it makes no logical sense to base your opinions of others on things they have absolutely no control over.

Well race is still a thing because to a lot of people, who aren't even racist mind you, consider their race as part of their culture. Sure there is nothing inherently different mentally between an Asian and an African, but their is an entire culture behind them, it is part of their heritage, they can't disregaurd it any more then they can disregard their traditional customs.
It is indisputable that they have a lower different mean IQ and scores on other standardized test, but this does not necessarily mean they are less intelligent. But I am not in the mood for talking about HBD now. I don't even though if HBDers want to be called HBDers now. For example, Half Sigma started a new blog because he does not want to be associated with HBD anymore. I use to comment on his blog and his new one that under the handle "black_rose" and "latias".

Last edited:
I don't really see any reason to continue to even consider what race individual people are. Very little good comes out of classifying people by race. Obviously, there are different races of humans, but all humans have common ancestry, so "race" is a much more arbitrary term than it seems. It says a lot about our species as a whole that despite how intelligent we have become, we are still so divided on such a meaningless distinction as skin color. When was the last time a cat attacked another cat for no other reason than that its fur was a different color? Or a dry cleaning place refused to dry clean black clothing because it was black? Sure, race is more than just skin color; it also involves ancestry. However, all humans (and life on earth, for that matter) share a single common ancestor, so that's hardly a worthwhile distinction. Race as a concept frecuently leads people to treat or view certain people as inferior to themselves or other people because of something no one has any control over. Racial discrimination is exactly as justifiable as spreading hate about people of a certain shoe size. It's absolutely absurd how much hate and violence has spurred from such a meaningless classification. Who cares if you're a "black" person or a "white" person? You're no more or less of a person than anyone else. Classifying people by race can do nothing but harm.
Here's what I want, i want us to be as comfortable about race as eye color, merely a physical feature. Your eyes are brown my eyes are blue, my skin is light your skin is dark (i'm talking about a metaphorical you). And be able to recognize some actual differences that those traits bring, for example blue eyes are more sensitive to sun than brown eyes are. And there are also some differences between black people and white people. For example white people are 30% more likely to get lice than black people are (which I am soooo jelous). but black people are more likely to get dimentia. See I have no problem recognizing statistics (as long as the variables are properly accounted for). Also i think it is okay to find a race ugly or beautiful, again because it is. To me the same as eye color or hair color merely a physical feature. However we should never ever judge a person's personality from race just like how you said about judging people by their foot size.

Here's what I want, i want us to be as comfortable about race as eye color, merely a physical feature. Your eyes are brown my eyes are blue, my skin is light your skin is dark (i'm talking about a metaphorical you). And be able to recognize some actual differences that those traits bring, for example blue eyes are more sensitive to sun than brown eyes are. And there are also some differences between black people and white people. For example white people are 30% more likely to get lice than black people are (which I am soooo jelous). but black people are more likely to get dimentia. See I have no problem recognizing statistics (as long as the variables are properly accounted for). Also i think it is okay to find a race ugly or beautiful, again because it is. To me the same as eye color or hair color merely a physical feature. However we should never ever judge a person's personality from race just like how you said about judging people by their foot size.
Exactly. But just saying in general trying to be politically correct is the wrong way about it. By people choosing to be offended- yes, choosing- by even the smallest things it causes more discrimination by alienating themselves. Like if i told someone i have adhd and they we shocked i could easily CHOOSE to feel offended by it. However, if the person said something like "oh adhd isnt real its just an excuse to be lazy" or some other bull, that is stright up offensive and just factually wrong, equivalent to saying something like one race is superior to another becuz our skin color, granted on a very diminished scale. The problem with political correctness is that it enforces the idea that u should be offended by these little tiny itsy bitsy things, blowing to them to the proportions of viewing it as blatant racism, as if someome had said to them "i hate all <insert race of person spoken to> because <insert fatually wrong/ just plain stupid justification>". Race is a manmade idea (ethnicity ok that includes factors such as culture and other stuff, way different) by viewing groups of people with a certain trait as a seperate race. Like me, im technically aryan, blonde, blue eyes, white, kinda tall(ish), and also well a good chunk german. But those traits didnt originate in one area, in fact all babies are even born with blue eyes. But not only is such a race based on not only skin tone but eye color and height, versus other ones based on skin color or facial features. Do i view my self as aryan and am i a white supremicist zeig heiling or whatever all over the place? No. I in fact simply consider myself white, though if i go into ethnicity i would ramble off everything from my ancestry (family has been in the us since way before the revolution, so im more american than anything else). Race is a fictional concept based around traits in certain groups, and frankly i dont give a crap if your black or hispanic or middle eastern or whatever, i have friends of all walks of life, and do i care what skin color they have? Do i care what their beliefs are (unless they believe in twilight, cuz F&&k twilight)? No i dont. But do i keep politicalky correct? No. In my classes, outloud i say black (well typically the black community is what i say) and indian(s), i dont keep to dumb political correctness becuz if somebody actually gets offended by what i say becuz its politically incorrect, guess what? Simply becuz they felt so offended by me using politically incorrect terminology, makes me not care 1 bit what they think. I dont care if they feel offended, becuz there was no real reason to be, as in reality i dont use true, i mean TRUE racial slurs, i dont say the n word or call indians red or asians yellow (actually created as racial slurs and still are, vs black which originated within the black community and they said to be called that, no relation to the n word, which was used as a taunt by slave owners usually). Dont be politically correct. Everyone should just stop caring so much.

Edit: in addition, i also 100% support gay marriage. I think my athiest somewhat right wing father put it best when he said "oh no i completely support it (gay marriage). They have every right to be just as miserable as the rest of this" (context: this was him quoting something he once said to a woman coworker who disliked him and assumed he was a right wing nut. Really my family is moderate, we believe in gay marriage and abortions. To each their own really)

Last edited:

As an American, I am sure you are knowledgeable of the Indian culture we have here. They live in their own little groups and communities. Now imagine you tried to say to them "don't worry about your race man, come on join the greater populace" you would come off as totally offensive and remind them of the forced assimilation that happened to their people at the beginning of the 20th century. Not everyone is for the "melting pot" ideology. Admittedly Native Americans are more of a different nationality identity, but their certainly is a racial-cultural motive behind what they do.

There is also the fact that race is a thing because people in the past made it a thing, the racist policies and culture of 50 years ago are still effecting people to this day.
Yes because they only originated 50 years ago. ONLY 50 years ago.Definately.

^ Personally, I wouldn't call First Nations people Indians because they're not Indians. They're First Nations people, or "Native Americans," I suppose [what the fuck does that mean? anyone who's born in one of the americas is a native american smh]. Indians are from India. It's just that Chris Columbus was such a stuck-up arsehole that he wouldn't admit that he was wrong about the identity of the people he found, and the name stuck.

It's not being "politically correct," it's being accurate.

As for race, uh...
Hmm...
Well, there are actually slight differences between races, like white people requiring a great deal less sunlight to get their daily Vitamin D, so you can't flat-out ignore them because there are biological differences that need to be addressed. It's not quite as arbitrary as your hair colour or foot size [though the shape of your foot actually has an impact on your health, too!]

That said, I do agree that less emphasis should be placed on this, but it's a haaard nut to crack when many places [particularly the US] have some form of a ghetto, and guess who happens to usually get in the ghetto? Minorities! Da-da-da~

Then we see all of these minorities in gang culture, and the mind creates the reality based on the information it's given, and if that's all you see... That's the reality your mind makes for you. Obviously not all blacks are gangsters, not all Mexicans are drug lords, and not all Middle-Eastern people are terrorists, but you've omitted one very important piece of this puzzle: people are stupid. Really stupid. Not necessarily by necessity, but by choice. I once read an excellent quote, it went something like this: The road to Auschwitz was created by hatred, but paved by apathy. I agree strongly. A lot of people are merely stupid because they're too apathetic to even put their god-given reason to the test and use it instead of relying on stupid twists of emotion that make no sense.

"I don't like interracial marriage 'cuz... IT'S WEIRD."
"I saw this Mexican guy just sitting on the bench outside in dirty clothes. Why're those spics such deadbeats? He should learn English and get a job!"
[why don't you learn spanish you imbecilic mutt]
etc etc for women's rights and gay rights and most likely animal rights in the future w/e w/e all the time it's just stupid and arbitrary reasons why not half the time

People'll hate other people for a while because a lot of people are just disgusting human beings, mainly because they've been told that it's okay to hate, I'm sure. That trend is changing, thank whatever god may be, but it's clearly far from over, especially since some religions themselves condemn other races - not sure about most of 'em, but I know that it says that black people are actually black because they were cursed with 'ugly skin' in the Book of Mormon. Crazy. Makes you really wonder how some conservative 19th century white guy looking into a hat would translate those miraculous gold plates, huh?

I think the biggest thing is to teach people to reason. To question. That it's okay to think differently or oddly. Do that, I think, and these changes will happen much more swiftly; all we've really been doing is nipping at the symptoms while never really addressing the disease.
How do we do that? Not totally sure, tbh, but it starts with you and not treating someone like shit just because they're different or you don't quite agree with them. Who knows? Maybe you'll find that they have a point if you listen to them. I don't mean "you" as in anyone in particular, I mean "you" as in "the human race in general," y'know?

Last edited:

Cresselia~~

a question: is it immoral to offend somebody?

i ask because while sometimes what offends us is straight-up bigotry, other times it's just unpleasant fact. often, on a personal level, there are things we don't want to be true because the reality is painful, but by accepting them we can grow and overcome them. this is something i've only witnessed conclusively with respect to individuals, but i am open to the possibility (and indeed i suspect) that the same tendency to denial may lead entire demographics to reject certain ideas unpalatable to the psyches of their individual members. my only fear around political correctness is that good ideas that happen to conflict with some demographic's sense of self may be rejected on the grounds of hurt feelings without due consideration of their merits, thereby precluding valuable opportunities for growth, as individuals, as groups, and as a society.
I think it depends on why people make such a statement.
Was it for neutral, academic discussion, or was it pulled out to hurt somebody.

I know the following would seem politically incorrect, but seriously, race (or more accurately, ethnicity) means MUCH more than skin color.
Anthropological studies have found that Caucasians more protruding canine teeth which are probably linked to the more meat-based diets the ancestors had.
There is also proper documentation on how there's a Native American tribe that lacks the enzyme which detoxes alcohol-- so that they get drunk even with a tiny dosage of alcohol.
I think, so if you have a friend who's from this tribe, you don't let him drink alcohol, for his own good and for protecting him.
Different ethnic groups are also known to be having different tendencies towards different diseases.
Differentiating ethnic groups for this reason, is actually good for them.

For example, for heart disease/ functions in Asians-- statistically, the hearts of Asians of Body Mass Index more than 23.5 would already have difficulty coping.
This is one of the reasons why the WHO (World Health Organization) set the normal weight for Asians as 18~23.5, instead of 20~25 for USA.
(So, in Asia, 23.5 or above is standardized as "overweight")

There are other cases of neutral discussion that would not destroy harmony between people of different races.
I remember a professor factually stated that Japanese people have an exceptional tolerance towards pain, when he was introducing us to zinc poisoning and lead poisoning.
This statement does not really harm anyone, so I personally find it ok.

It is by definition racist, but not used for discrimination.

^ Personally, I wouldn't call First Nations people Indians because they're not Indians. They're First Nations people, or "Native Americans," I suppose [what the fuck does that mean? anyone who's born in one of the americas is a native american smh]. Indians are from India. It's just that Chris Columbus was such a stuck-up arsehole that he wouldn't admit that he was wrong about the identity of the people he found, and the name stuck.

It's not being "politically correct," it's being accurate.

As for race, uh...
Hmm...
Well, there are actually slight differences between races, like white people requiring a great deal less sunlight to get their daily Vitamin D, so you can't flat-out ignore them because there are biological differences that need to be addressed. It's not quite as arbitrary as your hair colour or foot size [though the shape of your foot actually has an impact on your health, too!]

That said, I do agree that less emphasis should be placed on this, but it's a haaard nut to crack when many places [particularly the US] have some form of a ghetto, and guess who happens to usually get in the ghetto? Minorities! Da-da-da~

Then we see all of these minorities in gang culture, and the mind creates the reality based on the information it's given, and if that's all you see... That's the reality your mind makes for you. Obviously not all blacks are gangsters, not all Mexicans are drug lords, and not all Middle-Eastern people are terrorists, but you've omitted one very important piece of this puzzle: people are stupid. Really stupid. Not necessarily by necessity, but by choice. I once read an excellent quote, it went something like this: The road to Auschwitz was created by hatred, but paved by apathy. I agree strongly. A lot of people are merely stupid because they're too apathetic to even put their god-given reason to the test and use it instead of relying on stupid twists of emotion that make no sense.

"I don't like interracial marriage 'cuz... IT'S WEIRD."
"I saw this Mexican guy just sitting on the bench outside in dirty clothes. Why're those spics such deadbeats? He should learn English and get a job!"
[why don't you learn spanish you imbecilic mutt]
etc etc for women's rights and gay rights and most likely animal rights in the future w/e w/e all the time it's just stupid and arbitrary reasons why not half the time

People'll hate other people for a while because a lot of people are just disgusting human beings, mainly because they've been told that it's okay to hate, I'm sure. That trend is changing, thank whatever god may be, but it's clearly far from over, especially since some religions themselves condemn other races - not sure about most of 'em, but I know that it says that black people are actually black because they were cursed with 'ugly skin' in the Book of Mormon. Crazy. Makes you really wonder how some conservative 19th century white guy looking into a hat would translate those miraculous gold plates, huh?

I think the biggest thing is to teach people to reason. To question. That it's okay to think differently or oddly. Do that, I think, and these changes will happen much more swiftly; all we've really been doing is nipping at the symptoms while never really addressing the disease.
How do we do that? Not totally sure, tbh, but it starts with you and not treating someone like shit just because they're different or you don't quite agree with them. Who knows? Maybe you'll find that they have a point if you listen to them. I don't mean "you" as in anyone in particular, I mean "you" as in "the human race in general," y'know?
Wait one darn second here, one question, how do you think somebody with a third grade education could make up the book of mormon. Second mormons don't teach racism, as stated in 2 nephi 26:33 (look it up). if you want to start a discussion on this then I would do it in a conversation (because this topic isn't completely relevant to this thread).

Crux

Banned deucer.
Are you guys familiar with any of the following concepts:

- Culture?

- Heritage?

- History?

Does your eye colour have any of these things?

Are you familiar with the idea of inter-generational disadvantage?

Did you know that poverty isn't genetic?

Did you know that blacks aren't actually another species?

Because I think if you answer these questions then you might stop blaming "political correctness" for your being racists.

Cresselia~~

erm... there is a distinct difference between species and ethnicity, but you have to realize that species is not necessarily the smallest division as some textbooks for lower grades might claim.
Just because certain ethnic group isn't a different species does not directly mean there's no difference.

There are enough studies about variations between each ethnic group, and actually, more would have existed if not because of political correctness.
you see non-scientists flame at whatever scientific study that doesn't sound good to them, and somehow some scientists are being prosecuted because of the flaming.

It simply gets in the way because people can't face reality.

Education should be teaching how to make different people live harmoniously together whilst acknowledging their differences.
Instead of political correctness.

When I was in the UK, students from my school were from more than 28 countries, we were encouraged to perform cultural exchange and much more.
There was a world map where we pin our names to our homeland, and we were assigned to bedrooms with people from different countries and ethnic group.
We acknowledge our differences, but we live in absolute harmony and are very friendly towards each other. We learn to tolerate and accept each other.
If someone accidentally says something offensive, people kindly remind them in a friendly manner, instead of flaming the whole "YOU ARE SO WRONG, GET IN JAIL NOW" sort of thing.
We don't call somebody wrong, we just say that we don't like hearing certain things.
But if a certain amount of people tells us that it doesn't actually sound that bad, we learn to deal with it.
We loved our mini-world inside the school, because we learn different things simply because we are different.
Diversity can be lovely.

If you look at other places, you can see, USA is probably the most strict about political correctness, but ironically, it is also the same place with the most arguments and most discrimination takes place.
The type of political correctness exhibited in USA actually stirs up more hatred!
Not to mention about the cultural pockets thing. It's severe in USA.
You don't see the same degree of flaming happen in say UK/ Canada or Australia.
People can properly merge into their neighborhood.

But you see, people like me is probably being labelled as bad people from the USA's standard.
Whilst in reality, I probably have befriended with more people from various ethnic groups than those people.
I have friends who are Caribbean, Indian, white African, black African, Mexican.... the list goes on.

For a broader view, I would like to introduce to you this video by Steve Hughes
(I know it's a comedy show, but he has very good points)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)