SPOILERS! Wonder Trades

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I've been clearing out Venonat from the starting stages of my breeding project and the recent spitbacks. I've gotten a mix of cool and crap, but 2 gems: 4 IV Modest Rotom and Adamant Dratini with Pokerus. You have to trade an arm and a leg to get a 5 IV Rotom, and someone just gave me one that is competitively useful (I can live without perfect HP) that I can use until Pokebank. Truly beautiful.

Graaaah, now that I just realized that Pokebank will be coming out near the end of December, I'm so pissed. My boxes are full of trade fodder, but I don't want to trade them now because I'll just get the same old crap, or Honedges (STOP SENDING THEM OUT TO ME I HAVE TWO FULL IV'D ONES ALREADY). But, I have a bunch more breeding projects I want to start (Gengar, Dugtrio, Trevenant, etc etc) AND I want room for Serperior breeding (which I can't do until late December ffffff).

Damn you Pokebank, come faster!

im about to send out a bunch of gligars and eevees all with 3-5 ivs ill update with some good things I get
edit: absolutely nothing of any note a full box traded for crap

Last edited:
Traded off two boxes of 3-4 IV Charmanders (many with Solar Power) plus a couple 3 IV Magikarps, I got a lot of junk but some pretty good stuff too:
1 IV Adamant Marill (Sap Sipper) w/ Superpower, Aqua Jet, and Belly Drum
4 IV Adamant Marill (Thick Fat)
4 IV Relaxed Larvitar w/ Dragon Dance
4 IV Modest Bulbasaur
3 IV Adamant Skiddo (?)
2 IV Jolly Absol
3 IV Jolly Scyther (Technician)
2 IV Jolly Froakie
2 IV Modest Mareep

The 2-3 IV stuff is mostly useless, but it's a slight head start for breeding projects. The 4 IV stuff is just incredible, so much time saved!

My advice to the peoples:

Check the pokemon you get wonder traded for Items before releasing/ Re-trading them.

Just went through some guys I received and picked up:

2 Grip Claws, a persim berry, an amulet coin, a couple dive balls,

Oh, and a Leaf Stone from a level 2 Scatterbug and a Charizardite Y from a level 2 japanese Fletchling..

Just traded some 5IV Riolus from my attempt to get a 6IV Female Prankster one
Got nothing but garbage, and even worse, a Gentle Zubat with 2/2/0/0/3/10 IVs, hate the wonder trade, for now aha

The best thing I've obtained is a level 100 Modest Xerneas (31 in SpA, forget which other two) in a Master Ball holding an Amulet Coin. I have Y and am only one gym in, so that was ridiculous luck.

I dump breeding rejects (lately, 3-4IV Machops with bullet punch and all elemental punches for egg moves) and sometimes get good stuff.

Got a 5IV Fletchling (non-HA sadly) the other day. that was nice.

Wooo, literally just got a 5IV Japanese Tentacool from Wonder Trade just now for a craptasticly IV'ed Fennekin I got from someone over Wonder Trade like a month ago. The only imperfect IV is Special Defence, but that's not too big of a deal. Might breed a shiny Tentacool out of it. c:

I've gotten a ton of good pokemon from Wonder Trade. In the first day or two of playing I picked up most of the Gen 1/Gen 6 starters; Japanese lv. 1 Tyrunt, Eevee, Dratini and Larvitar, and my very very favorite, a lv. 1 Japanese Skarmory, which I desperately needed for my all-flying team. I have yet to finish the game so I can't check his IVs, but his Defense at least is amazing. I managed to get him before the Rock gym and he solo'd the whole thing by himself and shrugged off attacks like a boss. Going to try to Masuda method a shiny Skarmory from him once I can check IVs and maybe get some good Dittos.

Timid flawless Gastly, Jolly flawless Skorupi (Battle Armor, which I guess is still good), Bold flawless Klefki, Adamant flawless Larvitar (no egg moves, though). Well then.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Got so many quadflawless Mawile last night that I put a pair in the daycare and came out with a flawless one with the ability I wanted (Intimidate) 4 eggs later. Almost free flawless Pokemon is awesome when you have a good existing breeding stock. Also got other parents but that's the most notable one.

Anyone else truly addicted to this mode? I currently have 30k Pokemiles....and that's after buying a shitton of PP Ups, Rare Candies, and others.

Got an 31/31/31/31/x/31 Technician Smeargle. Probably going to do a ShellSmash set for Battle Spot/Maison.

trading some random breeding projects. not getting crap but not getting kuch that is too great either. cept a shiny basculin. didn't realize till I seen the little star going thru alle ones id gotten. I was so happy lol

Can't wait until Pokébank comes out, and people start trading their breeding stock out over Wonder Trade, so we can get Mudkip, Chimchar, Turtwig, etc. without actually having to buy the Pokébank thing ourselves. c: Won't help us get our good Pokémons over from the Gen IV and V games though.

A whole box of 3-4 IV Litwicks this time. Got:
4 IV Timid Helioptile with 0 Sdef (perfect partner for earlier mentioned helioptile)
3 IV Brave Honedge

...and that's it, I happened to WT when the Japanese players were awake so I got shit pokes like crazy, funny enough is that helioptile was actually spanish

I got some pretty rad things! I usually offer Braixens from a Safari that are without Magician Ability, and sometimes, I've gotten togepis, and good IV'd Sneasel and Absols at level one.

THEN I GOT A YVELTAL AT ONE POINT. SOMEONE REALLY DIDN'T CARE.

I feel though, Wondertrade was meant for Pokemon that were bread and hatched, the unwanted eggs that weren't shiny, or those with wrong IV's and natures.

I usually send in breeding failures. Sent in a protean Froakie with meh IVs, got a Japanese Adamant Marill w/ Huge Power, Belly Drum, Aqua Jet, and max IVs in HP, Def, and SDef.

I also normally send in breeding rejects when I wonder trade. I sent in a bunch of Jolly Absols (some with super luck) and hasty Houndours with sucker punch and pursuit (I don't think any of them had terribly good IVs though.) I haven't received anything too exceptional in return, though one of my friends got a Drapion nicknamed "TRADE ME" which we both found kind of funny.

I just wonder traded away more reject Riolus and I got a few things of note:
x/0/x/31/31/31 IV Huge Power Marill at level 1 with Superpower and Aqua Jet.
x/31/x/x/31/31 (I think) Gale Wings Fletchling

Best thing from my wonder trade? A Lv. 1 Japanese Mawile with 31 everything except for HP. I mainly use wondertrade to get a jump start on breeding as people trade away half perfect Mon's they've all ready breeded past, shortening the time it takes for perfection.

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
I scored a Japanese Modest Larvesta (M) with 31/xx/31/31/31/31 and a Japanese Mild Gligar (F) with 31/31/31/xx/31/31 and Immunity. Unsure if I want to use Larvesta for now, but I was using the Gligar for breeding fodder and now I have an egg ready to shiny hatch once I get in touch with someone with the matching shiny value.

With those two (plus a 4 IV Modest Deino who is Japanese) aside, everything else has either been decent breeding material or just something I need to release or send back so I can Poke Mile hoard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)