SPOILERS! Wonder Trades

I've gotten somewhat good luck. I send out my breeding spitbacks (right now, Torchics) and get pokemon, usually ones I've yet to catch.

I've gotten a 4IV Charmander (HP, Attack, Defense, Special Attack) as my best one so far. Another good one is an Adamant Heracross (although only perfect Special Defense).

A few days ago I finally got something worth writing home about.
First I got a 4 IV Gible with Outrage and Iron Tail for one of my Froakie spitbacks (3 IV, Hasty, Dive Ball, Toxic Spikes egg move)
About a day later, I got a Tyrunt with 4 egg moves! It has Dragon Dance, Fire Fang, Ice Fang, and Thunder Fang. Unfortunately it has no perfect IVs - the best being an ok defense.
Most of the time it's just American and Japanese kids giving out route 2 Pokémon and stuff that no one wants.
Whenever I see either of those two countries on the bottom of my screen, I know that I'm probably going to get screwed.
Though it's not all bad. Some stuff you get, while on the surface is junk, can actually be pretty good - and all of it can help with the lottery... except for me...
I have 8 boxes full of Wonder Traded or GTS Pokémon and the best I've gotten from the lottery is a PP Up.

This morning I was so lucky. It took me only a few minutes.
I like both GTS and Wonder Trade. I prefer GTS more because I can search for Pokémon I want to use for breeding. So, this post is about GTS.

I've been trading and searching a bunch of Pokémon. Pokémon like Eevee, Goomy, Bagon, Gible, Deino and such. I've been trading +/- 12 Pokémon. Three of them are (semi) flawless.
Japanese Goomy (F), Modest, Hydration, 31/31/31/31/31/x
Japanese Deino (M), Modest, 31/x/31/31/31/31 with egg moves
Japanese Eevee (M), Serious, 31/x/31/31/31/31 iirc it has egg moves

I am sooo happy they are Japanese so I could use them for Masuda Method breeding. I really want a (semi) flawless Shiny Pokémon on my own without trading. Bummer Goomy is a female in a Poké ball, but I will trade her for an other foreign semi flawless Pokémon if anyone is interested.

I'm really getting good things, like pursuit Larvitar and Prankster Klefki. But you, OT Fern, that got a 4 IV Ralts and sent a first route Pidgey, Arceus is looking at you this Christmas.

I got 2 Xerneas in a row whilst sending off the several hundred Sheer Force bagons I had bred. Made my day.

Sadly I have X and already had one but at least I can GTS them.

I hear that there is going to be a shitstorm of Zubats that are going to be sent out this Dec 4th.

Well I guess I'm not going to WT too much that day {even though I kind of want a 5IV Jolly Infiltrator Zubat w/ egg moves (hint hint)}.

Wonder traded one of my Togepi spitbacks and got a female Adamant 31/31/x/31/31/31 Magikarp. Not quite perfect but needless to say I was quite tickled.

Today I was trading a bunch of breeding rejects and I've received several interesting things. The best things I've received are a Modest rotom, Modest Charmander with Dragon Pulse, and an Adamant Pinsir with Moxie, Close Combat AND Quick Aattck.

I toss all my breeding rejects. I also dumped a few Timid Synchronize Ralts.

I've gotten:

-Adamant x/31/x/x/x/x Blaze Charmander (I picked Squirtle).
-Adamant x/31/31/x/31/31 Larvitar (YES)
-A bunch of random playthrough mons like a lv. 15 Calm Furfrou (lol).
-Stuff with zero Speed EVs.

And now that I have a Ditto with a perfect EV in any stat (three of them have perfect HP, lol), I can start breeding projects with Wonder Traded mons! Right now I'm doing Larvitar.

Also should I try to breed a 0/0/0/0/0/0 mon and drop it on Wonder Trade? Or would that be too evil? (Also I wonder what the IV checker says about that kind of mon)

Traded a bunch of Magician Fennekins. Some notable returns:

Siglyph (don't have one)
Korean Aqua Jet Marill
3 IV Magician Fennekin with Heat Wave/Wish (mine don't have any egg moves >_>)
French Weedle
Modest Protean Froakie
JP Lileep (sucky IVs, but I don't have one so wooo)
2 IV JP Careful Ferroseed with Leech Seed/Stealth Rock (was gonna breed one, so saves me time)
1 IV Jolly Skill Link Shellder (another breeding project headstart)
3 IV Modest JP Tentacool (breeding project)
Impish Eevee (guess I could use it for Umbreon breeding?)
A MODEST YVELTAL WITH SKY PLATE (WHY DID YOU DO THIS RANDOM PERSON)
Careful Eevee (Umbreon?)
4 IV Adamant Swinub with Stealth Rock/Icicle Crash (Breeeeeediiiing prooooojeeeect)
2 IV Adamant Technician Scyther (see above)
5 IV Brave JP Honedge (holy shit, I already have an Aegislash but I can use this to make a different set or a shiny)

Overall a far better return than my last trading session. A lot of breeding projects are getting a nice start. Also got a few bred Charmanders with crappy natures, no idea why.

Also RANDOM YVELTAL. I swear, I was doing something else while trading, and I glance at the trade screen to see what I got. I see Yveltal, go "huh" and turn away, only to freeze and do a double take. And it was holding an item! WHY WOULD YOU TRADE THIS.
Was the yveltal named Zexus and did you trade a bidoof for it then attempt to trade back? I planned on resetting my game so I gave away all my legends in wonder trade and my yveltal happened to be carrying a sky plate and was modest.

Was the yveltal named Zexus and did you trade a bidoof for it then attempt to trade back? I planned on resetting my game so I gave away all my legends in wonder trade and my yveltal happened to be carrying a sky plate and was modest.
No, I was trading Fennekins that day. Also, it didn't have a nickname.

Is anyone getting tons of Goomy and Froakie by wonder trade? I've got at least ten different Goomy by my fourth breeding project.

Just got a perfect Horsea with Outrage while wonder-trading Honedge leftovers, which pleasantly surprised me.

We should have wonder trade days where everyone sends out a whole bunch of one one pokemon to help with breeding projects and collecting pokedex entries

Example: December 11 is Bagon Day

Wouldn't that just result in lots of people trading and receiving the same Pokemon?
It's only really the Smogon OI community doing this, since most other people probably won't know that "#diggersbytho Thursday" or something exists.

It's like Wonder Trading Delibirds with random items on Christmas.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It's only really the Smogon OI community doing this, since most other people probably won't know that "#diggersbytho Thursday" or something exists.

It's like Wonder Trading Delibirds with random items on Christmas.
I am so doing this

From rejects in my Larvitar breeding (1/24 chance of 5 IV my ass):

-4 IV Adamant Mawile (next project)
-2 IV Adamant Rattled Magikarp (Y U NO BAGON)
-31 Speed IV Timid Protean Froakie (gonna be a pain to get Hidden Power)
-THREE in-game Bidoofs (why.....)
-In-game Gift Lucario from Korrina (lolwut)
-Three Honedge in a row. All of them had either Relaxed or Sassy natures.

Also we should be like Marriland and do Wonder Trade Wednesday.

My Larvitar project is not going as well as I'd hoped. I'm so close. Stealth Rocks, Pursuit, Jolly nature, and I ca't get a perfect one. I now have an entire box filled with 5 IV Larvitars. I've got two 5 IV parents breeding relentlessly. Once I get the magic 6IV Larvitar, I'll GTS a few, but the rest are going out on WT. There's going to be a lot of happy folks that day.

A whole box of 2-4 IV Timid Gastly w/disable, and I got:
4 IV Litwick, it's quirky, but that's an easy fix
4 IV Timid Japanese Charmander
3 IV Brave Honedge
3 IV Adamant Pinsir with Moxie, and with the move Quick Attack
3 IV Jolly Japanese Magikarp
3 IV Bold Japanese Slowpoke with Regenerator
2 IV Modest Squirtle with Rain Dish, and with moves Dragon Pulse and Aura Sphere

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)