Favorite Attack Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dat Draco Meteor animation tho! The fire balls of the devil raining down from the sky, holy shit I was really impressed when I saw it ingame for the first time.

ariariadne

formerly Reinfleche
Flying Press is amazing. It totally conveys the feeling of both a flying and fighting type move and it's awesome. I also like Brave Bird, Close Combat, Focus Blast, and Psychic. They all ooze power.

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
I love Brave Bird's animation in that it shows recklessness at its finest. Shame Flare Blitz leaves a bit to be desired in comparison.

Brave Bird looks absolutely amazing IMO. The animation shows the power of the move, as well as the inevitable recoil that will follow. On the opposite end of the spectrum, Wood Hammer and Body Slam leave much to be desired. Wood Hammer's animation is lacklustre at best, as well as just being quite boring. I swing my hair back and forth, herpa derpa.

One that I don't think I've seen anyone mention is Electro Ball. For being such a generally bad move its animation looks incredible.

Other favorites include the obvious Calm Mind, Retaliate, Shadow Sneak, Dragon Pulse, and of course Brave Bird.

As for an animation I don't like, Outrage is kind of underwhelming, to be honest. Though to be fair, it must be hard to top this:

I had thought the same about Outrage, but it really grew on me later on.

Brave Bird is so intense; I really like it. The only thing that bugs me is that it looks like the bird charges from really far away to hit the target, then it turns out the pokemon were really just a few meters apart all along...

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
In Pokemon Battle Revolution, Dark Pulse had an amazing animation. It looked as though it was half dark energy wave, dark goo. The pulse would fire, and the target would turn dark, drenched in it. As the wave spread, it'd kinda stick to the target, catching on it as the wave blew backward, almost like a comet tail.

I haven't seen it in X&Y yet.

And Brave Bird... wow. I was expecting it to just be a generic tackle animation, but...

So the user takes to the skies, then prepares to swoop down. I thought this was all fairly normal, then BOOM! It divebombs, and we suddenly have a cinematic! A giant dust cloud kicks up, and the user just BLAZES out of it at top speed. I love how the user tilts left and right as it flies, like it's lining up the strike perfectly.

Oblivion Wing looks extremely painful. The beam is so dark, red, and saturated, it looks like it's going to vaporize anything it touches. The way it slams into the target made me wince the first time.

I messed around with metronome and I got Spacial Rend ! It starts with a purple circle on the user but it ends with lines in X shape on the enemy then the "screen" breaks. Absolutely awesome :D.

Instead of just foaming at the mouth, I'm gonna post some vids.

H64G-WWWW-WWW3-V3TJ - This has V-Create, Fusion Bolt and Searing Shot

KQHG-WWWW-WWW3-VBNN - This one has Relic Song, Dark Void, Techno Blast, Seed Flare and Ice Burn.

My favorite of all of these is V-Create. It was always said that Victini is full of energy, and this is a perfect demonstration of it. None of these were serious battles, just exhibition stuff to see all the new moves.

Instead of just foaming at the mouth, I'm gonna post some vids.

H64G-WWWW-WWW3-V3TJ - This has V-Create, Fusion Bolt and Searing Shot

KQHG-WWWW-WWW3-VBNN - This one has Relic Song, Dark Void, Techno Blast, Seed Flare and Ice Burn.

My favorite of all of these is V-Create. It was always said that Victini is full of energy, and this is a perfect demonstration of it. None of these were serious battles, just exhibition stuff to see all the new moves.
How do you watch the videos? :-(

They did an outstanding job with the signature move animations.
While half of them are amazing, some just look plain boring, like Aeroblast, Luster Purge, Mist Ball, Crush Grip, and Lunar Dance.

Best ones are probably Spacial Rend (Screen shatter effect is amazing), Relic Song, and Glaciate (why does such a cool attack suck so much?).

Retaliate (although it's quite a gimmicky move, it made up with a really freaking kickass animation), Calm Mind (dat water drop), and Play Rough with it's rather cartoony looking animation

Last edited:
Close combat is one of my favorites. There's also Flash Cannon (though tbh, I think this looks especially really cool when Hydreigon does it). Calm Mind also looks freaking amazing! I also love Dragon Rush as well, crashing down on the opponent from the sky looks like that would hurt a shitload. x_x

Close combat is one of my favorites. There's also Flash Cannon (though tbh, I think this looks especially really cool when Hydreigon does it). Calm Mind also looks freaking amazing! I also love Dragon Rush as well, crashing down on the opponent from the sky looks like that would hurt a shitload. x_x
I don't like Close Combat at all. It looks lazy to me.

I think that Extreme Speed looks good, though. I agree with everything else you said, though.

I love the usual Brave Bird, Dragon Pulse, etc., but have any of you guys seen Heatran use Magma Storm? Pretty awesome! I also really like when Infernape especially uses Close Combat.

Overall, I think the animations are cool, but I found flamethrower to be a bit underwhelming--the fire just looks weak, almost like someone watering plants with a hose. Same with Hydro Pump. I feel like Scald and Hydro Pump should switch animations, sans the steam.

Oh Yeah, Dream Eater sucks.

Edit: Wow, Psycho Boost, Shadow Force, and Roar of Time look great too!

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Electro ball is a hell of a lot better than it used to be. I actually kept it on Raichu for most of the game since it was just so much faster and looked so awesome...

Fusion Bolt looks too cool. Same with V-Create.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Just a question: In Gen. V, Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt had a different animation if used after another in the same turn. Is this also the case in Gen. VI? If so, I'd really like to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)