Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I'm having a really frustrating issue with RNG Reporter. Basically, all the times I'm given don't give me enough time to go from the 3DS home screen to the title screen of Heart Gold to where I can actually load the game. I'm always given 17 seconds to go from the 3DS screen to Heart Gold's menu and I can't make it in time because of all the loading and intro stuff.

I'm trying to hit seed 01010265 with a delay of 600 to RNG a shiny charmander. I wasn't given a frame...

If someone can help me solve this issue, I would greatly appreciate it. :)

I'm having a really frustrating issue with RNG Reporter. Basically, all the times I'm given don't give me enough time to go from the 3DS home screen to the title screen of Heart Gold to where I can actually load the game. I'm always given 17 seconds to go from the 3DS screen to Heart Gold's menu and I can't make it in time because of all the loading and intro stuff.

I'm trying to hit seed 01010265 with a delay of 600 to RNG a shiny charmander. I wasn't given a frame...

If someone can help me solve this issue, I would greatly appreciate it. :)
Ah, that's easy to solve. Alright, do it the following way and you'll be able to hit your Delay.

Let's assume the date/time you're aiming for is January 1, 2013/1:00:00. With a delay of 600 obviously.

Now, if I were you, I'd set my timer to 60 seconds before my Target Time. That would be- 0:59:00. This'll give you ample time to enter your game and Soft-Reset.

After that, sync your Timer with your 3DS, enter your game and wait for the first Timer to End. If done correctly, you'd have hit your Target Time.

Now comes the delay. Mash your A button and try to get to the "Continue Screen" as soon as possible. Then, wait for the second Time to End. If you pressed the A button exactly when the Second Timer Ended, then you'd have hit your Target Delay as well.

Screenshots (Left-EonTimer; Right-PikaTimer)

Attachments

In emerald, how do you determine if a certain frame uses method 1 or method 4?
Edit: When i try to hit method 1 frame 762328(29/x/29/29/31/31), i always land on method 4 of the same frame(29/x/29/23/8/8).
The distribution of these two methods seem irregular to me, as some previous frames i have used as reference points turned out to be either one or the other

Edit2: Or does this mean method 2 is used instead?

Last edited:
Ah, that's easy to solve. Alright, do it the following way and you'll be able to hit your Delay.

Let's assume the date/time you're aiming for is January 1, 2013/1:00:00. With a delay of 600 obviously.

Now, if I were you, I'd set my timer to 60 seconds before my Target Time. That would be- 0:59:00. This'll give you ample time to enter your game and Soft-Reset.

After that, sync your Timer with your 3DS, enter your game and wait for the first Timer to End. If done correctly, you'd have hit your Target Time.

Now comes the delay. Mash your A button and try to get to the "Continue Screen" as soon as possible. Then, wait for the second Time to End. If you pressed the A button exactly when the Second Timer Ended, then you'd have hit your Target Delay as well.

Screenshots (Left-EonTimer; Right-PikaTimer)
How do I set the timer when EonTimer does it automatically for me? :o

Last edited:
For Ruby/Sapphire RNG manipulation, does anyone know when the IVs for roaming Latios/Latias are set? It's not like Emerald where you are forced to pick, but rather decided somewhere in watching the TV program for it - is it at the beginning or the end?

EDIT: Nvm

Last edited:

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
In emerald, how do you determine if a certain frame uses method 1 or method 4?
Edit: When i try to hit method 1 frame 762328(29/x/29/29/31/31), i always land on method 4 of the same frame(29/x/29/23/8/8).
The distribution of these two methods seem irregular to me, as some previous frames i have used as reference points turned out to be either one or the other

Edit2: Or does this mean method 2 is used instead?
Here is my understanding:

• Method 1 is used for stationaries and gifts. Always. (Unless you're on Pokemon Box, in which case the Regis are Method 4.)
  • Method 2 (some say H-2) is used for wilds, most of the time.
  • Method 4 (H-4?) is randomly used for wilds, and does not appear to be controllable.

I'm trying to learn Emerald RNG, I'm pretty good at RNGing in the 4th and 5ft gen games, but before I look at some tutorials for Emerald, is it actually possible to get shiny flawless spreads for Method 1 Pokemon? I know for some natures in 4th Gen it was and in 5ft Gen, anything goes.

I tried searching around, I just couldn't find the information readily. I'm trying to abuse the PRNG to a get 31/31/31/X/31/31 Crown Entei in Diamond. There's a few things I'm wanting to know.

It's locked shiny, does that mean I need to calculate it any differently? Do I need to know my SID?

Does receiving Entei advance the frames at all? Like say if I want to get it on frame 30, so I advance to it, but then when I go to receive it it turns out it's now on frame 35. I want to avoid situations like that.

How many frames do Wondering NPC's advance?

Is the starting frame 1 or 0?

To clarify Chatot's chatters advances the frame by 1, and jounral flips with caught or defeated Pokémon advance by 2, right?

Not directly related but I would have liked to do this in Soulsilver but for some reason all the event Pokémon the delivery man had in Platinum and Soulsilver disappeared any idea as to how and why?

Is there anything else I should know beforehand? I've caught perfect Pokémon in Platinum and hatched in Soulsilver but have done nothing RNG related in Diamond yet.

Edit: So I tried using Find Seed by Stats to test, but no luck. I guess it doesn't work with wonder card Pokémon...

Edit 2: I decided on an Entei with seed F21602F6 on frame 27, 31/31/31/1/31/31.

I went to seed to time, found it has a delay of 745.

I made 7/25/2013 22:53:14 my target time and used eon timer to try to get it. When the game loaded I flipped to the defeated Pokémon page 13 times as 13*2+1=27. The immediately received the Entei. To no surprise, it wasn't what I wanted. I'm almost certain my delay was off but I don't know by how much. I also don't know how to check it. The Entei I got had IVs of 21/25/31/16/8/23.

Last edited:

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
I'm trying to learn Emerald RNG, I'm pretty good at RNGing in the 4th and 5ft gen games, but before I look at some tutorials for Emerald, is it actually possible to get shiny flawless spreads for Method 1 Pokemon? I know for some natures in 4th Gen it was and in 5ft Gen, anything goes.
The natures are restricted. For example, off the top of my head, there are no flawless Adamant spreads, but there are 2 flawless Timid spreads. There are 3 things to keep in mind, however:

1) The first flawless frame is Timid, and it's well into the RNG cycle. Like, a month in, if memory serves. Use of Battle Videos is highly recommended.
2) The natures are either the same as in 4th Gen, or they're more restrictive. I think the Method 1s match, but Methods J and K mix things up a bit.
3) You cannot abuse TID and SID on Emerald, as far as I know. At any rate, you can't do it in RNG Reporter.

The natures are restricted. For example, off the top of my head, there are no flawless Adamant spreads, but there are 2 flawless Timid spreads. There are 3 things to keep in mind, however:

1) The first flawless frame is Timid, and it's well into the RNG cycle. Like, a month in, if memory serves. Use of Battle Videos is highly recommended.
2) The natures are either the same as in 4th Gen, or they're more restrictive. I think the Method 1s match, but Methods J and K mix things up a bit.
3) You cannot abuse TID and SID on Emerald, as far as I know. At any rate, you can't do it in RNG Reporter.
Thanks for the reply, as long as it's possible I'll try and figure it out.

Hi, I managed to RNG my TID SID a while ago in HG (finally) and I'm currently up to the part in the game where you can catch Ho-Oh. The problem is that when I copy and paste the shiny flawless seed into the main window the shiny frame is different to what it should be. According to the time finder the shiny flawless frame should be on frame 91 with a synch nature, however on the main window it says frame 86 with a non-synch nature. Does this mean that I made a mistake when I RNGed my TID SID or is there another explanation for this? Thanks in advance.

Is it possible to RNG monsters that are only generated be having a GBA cart inserted, i.e. Seedot? I searched the thread/google/read the first few posts but didn't see anything related to this. Thanks in advance for any info.
Yes, it is completely possible. Just view the encounter table for the respective game, here's one for Platinum http://eggmove.com/encounterplat.htm and replace what would normally appear in that encounter slot, with what only appears in that encounter slot under certian conditions, in this case with a GBA game.

On that encounter table it says slots 8 and 9 for Eterna forest are Buneary, and Gastly respectively. However below it, it lists Seedot while aslo saying "Ruby Pak", so that means if Ruby is inserted Seedot will take up slots 8 and 9 of Etetrna Forest.

OK, I am having some serious issues with my Pearl game cart. I am trying to RNG Palkia and my delays are changing from odd to even on their own, and refusing to change whether I put Fire Red in the GBA slot or remove it from the GBA slot. I noticed this during my first few attempts but thought I should try again and write down my results so I have something to post.

My target delay is 2501, all results were checked by flipping the coin app 10 times and I started with no GBA game in the GBA slot. My first result was 2529, 2nd 2531, 3rd 2457, 5th 2466 (still no GBA game in the DS), 6th 2468 (still no GBA game in the DS), 7th was 2502 (I put FR in the GBA slot for this attempt), 8th was 2502 (for this attempt I removed FR).

I should also mention that for results 6 through 8 I needed to flip the coin 12 times to narrow it down to 1 result; the guide says 10. I am using RNG Reporter 9.96.5, if that matters.

I've been using these guides:

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpphgss_rng_part2

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-dppt-part-4-capturing-perfect-pokémon.60234/

Any information or insight will be greatly appreciated. Also, if you want more results I plan to try again in a little while when I'm less frustrated.

Last edited:
So does this mean that I have to use a non-shiny flawless spread for my Ho-Oh instead of the one I RNGed to be shiny? Please help if you know the answer.

So does this mean that I have to use a non-shiny flawless spread for my Ho-Oh instead of the one I RNGed to be shiny? Please help if you know the answer.
Have you actually tried to hit the seed? Because it's happened to me before where it it doesn't say that my spread is shiny when it actually is.

Have you actually tried to hit the seed? Because it's happened to me before where it it doesn't say that my spread is shiny when it actually is.
No because I only have a vague idea of what to do since I haven't tried stationary abuse in HG yet and now I'm confused because I don't know which frame I should be aiming for... also I don't know if I need a synch lead now or not.

It's already known that RNGing for a specific TID/SID in Emerald isn't possible, but is it known by what mechanism IDs are generated. If so, is it time-based, like frames?

Hello, I've RNGed in gen 5 before and now I'm trying out RNG in gen 3 but I am still very confused after reading through the available guides. I'm currently trying to RNG for shiny legendaries on my English Sapphire (dry battery)cartridge, though if its too difficult maybe I can try RNGing on my Japanese Emerald (dry battery) cartridge first.

What I don't understand is what I am supposed to do first. Do I have to RNG my Trainer ID? Do I have to catch a shiny first? I would be most thankful if someone can give a very brief step-by-step guide to what I have to do to RNG shiny legendaries in gen 3, starting with a new game.

I'd also like to know what Pandora's box does and how it works because I can't seem to find guides about it.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
If you're starting over, you might as well rng your TID since it would also allow you to know your SID, and hence what other frames are shiny with your ID's. So...
1) RNG your ID's. I found this guide to be helpful (http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/rs_nonbredrng). Note that as I indicated toward the middle of page 1585 of this thread (I could just quote it, but I think the context is also important), the frame before the one with your ID's (according to the guide) will be shiny.

a) So if you follow the guide, and you find the frame you got your TID on, use the frame before that one to deduce your TID and your SID. The first 4 digits (in hex) of the PID will be your TID, and the last 4 will be your SID.

b) Once you know your ID's, plug the correct ones into the reporter and regenerate the
frames. If you click the "shiny only" box, you'll see all the frames that are now shiny. Leave the method as Method 1. All of these frames can be used for the legendaries.

c) So to rng a legendary, aim for the time associated with one of those frames, and see where you land. Subtract the delta from the time of the frame you are aiming for, and just keep trying till you get it :)

2) This is optional, but it you can also verify that you hit the ID frame that you were after but trying to rng a shiny starter. It's easiest to do so imo if you try to hit your ID seed again, that way you already know where to look, and so that you can find the PID of the shiny, and thereby your TID and SID. Just an extra step, but who doesn't like shiny starters?

So you'll need a timer. I use the PikaTimer, but the EonTimer can be used just as well (if not better) I think. All of this is for Sapphire, as I have never played Emerald. Since the frame with your ID's will be shiny, it's best to aim for a frame with good IV's/nature when you rng your ID's so that you can ensure that at least 1 frame will be really good and shiny.

All I have used the Pandora's box for is when I rng'd my ID's in gen V. It looks like it can also be used for finding what frame you hit for your ID's in Gen III too, so you could try to use it as well. Basically, for the later gen's it allows you to know what ID's you have to aim for in order to make a certain frame shiny, or to quickly find what seed you have to hit in order to get ID's that you want. Again, I've never used it for gen III, but it appears to also find the frame you got your id's on, saving you some time. Not really sure how it works though :P

I still need some help guys, I would like to RNG an adamant Ho-Oh using the timid/modest synch spread that I made shiny through TID SID abuse. However the shiny frame is different to what it should be, also now it's non-synch as can be seen in the screenshots:

TID SID abuse screenshots:

Flawless spread I made shiny:

Pandora's box:

Ho-Oh screenshots:

I know I hit the right TID SID because I double checked it through pokecheck.

Last edited:
You can't sync an Adamant nature over the Timid/Modest like that? That's not how PIDs worked in Gen 4, there is no hex flawless Adamant spread (Modest, Calm, and Timid are the only ones IIRC). In Gen 5, yeah, you can just sync over anything, but that's different...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm a little rusty on shiny Gen 4 RNG.

You can't sync an Adamant nature over the Timid/Modest like that? That's not how PIDs worked in Gen 4, there is no hex flawless Adamant spread (Modest, Calm, and Timid are the only ones IIRC). In Gen 5, yeah, you can just sync over anything, but that's different...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm a little rusty on shiny Gen 4 RNG.
Your right, I didn't understand how synch worked in fourth gen and just assumed it was the same as fifth gen (where I've pretty much RNGed everything lol.) Also are you saying that there's no flawless adamant spreads, even non-shiny ones?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)