All 718 (+3) Pokémon, set to the tune of the Modern Major-General's Song

Oh my Arceus... I have no idea what to say other than that this is amazing...

How long did it take you to write?
Thanks! It took about a week, but it took 3 further weeks to memorize and rehearse to the point where I could do it in one take without tripping over my own tongue.

You forgot the Megas ^-^.

Also lol Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion.
Oh no, the Megas! Now I'm gonna have to redo the entire song!

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Ah, I saw this first a couple days ago. Then a couple dozen more times since. Well done, Khoodos!

When I first saw the video embedded (on Cheezburger, I think), I thought:
"Hm, interesting. A song about the Pokédex. Could be fun."
*presses Play*

Then, the piano started playing.
"Wow. That melody... this WILL be fun."
And then it was revealed that you sing as well as you play the piano and write songs (And record). I've come across way too many examples of YouTube songs where one or more of these elements are sorely lacking, good as the rest of it may be.

Somewhere halfway through the first few lines, I was worried that it wasn't updated to Gen. VI. Then Bunnelby was mentioned, and all was fine.

The next few minutes were spent trying to find my jaw somewhere on the floor. It was awesome. Especially at the end, where I realized you even managed to end it with the franchise mascot. Though, I felt slightly disappointed that the three unreleased legendaries weren't mentioned.
Then came the coda, and all was good.

Now trying to learn it myself. It must have taken weeks to memorize, which is especially impressive when you consider that the names haven't been known for more than ~6 weeks (the hidden legendaries even less).

Also, don't mention the Megas. They don't have Pokédex entries of their own, which, given the song title, would mean they don't meet the criteria to be mentioned on their own.

Great job!

This... Is the most amazing thing I've ever seen. Incredible effort to memorise that many names, Let alone in a particular order and then to do that WOW!
Some people have to much talent and time ;)
Also from my ear your pronunciation was near flawless, something I fail at.

EDIT: That Frogadier pronunciation is a beautiful thing.

Last edited:
Oh.

Oh wow.

I'm sorry I didn't get around to seeing this until today, it's really spectacular. Like, it's hard to sum up good enough kudos for this. So, just think of the rest of this post as the Wayne's World "we're not worthy" motion.

You win at Pokémon, at piano, at Youtube and at life.

10/10, favorited on Youtube, shared on facebook, will watch again.

I'm sorry but I can't hold it back - asians .. and memory .. and this awesome song O__O

awesome work btw!

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I was disappointed to hear only one type of Wormadam said in this. You failed to meet my high standards.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Great job, but just a small nitpick:

-- A Brief Note on Pronunciation --
There is no reliable source for Pokémon pronunciations
You could have used 3D Pokédex Pro for that!

EDIT-- Fuck, I thought it was a "great job" while I was at 4:00 or so, that ending really won me. 11/10 would show it to Obama

Last edited:
Stellar performance.

I really enjoyed hearing how your pronunciations varied from my own, I think it is just interesting how there are so many opinions on them lol. But truthfully, this was amazing. From one musician and Pokemon Player to another, kudos Khoodos. Bravo!

I am amazed. I found myself laughing in shock and disbelief at your talent and memory... I mean, I couldn't name a quarter or more of those without going in pokedex order, let alone that fast! Bravo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)