Have you ever met a famous person?

Oh, well he's not really "famous", but Eric McClure (he drives in Nascar) coached my Jr. High baseball team one year.
Totally missed the Nascar famous.

I used to live about a mile north of Martin Truex Jr and had a barbecue with them before he made the jump to the Nationwide Series (I was 9 at the time). One of my dad's friends was a mechanic for a another team and we all lived by each other, and had the barbecue before going up to Wall Township that evening (also my first day at a race track).

I've also shook hands with Ken Schrader, Ray Evernham, Tony Stewart, Denny Hamlin, and Elliott Sadler.

Oh I also met japanese Street Fighter 3: Third Strike player RX. He came to Brazil a few years ago on a mutual friend's invitation. Great dude, great experience, I made lot of friends on the occasion.

I sometimes go to cons, and although its difficult to meet any truly famous people...
Ive met Stan Sakai (Yojimbo), Sergio Aragones (Groo), Bryan Lee O Maily (Scott Pilgrim)
I had a pretty cool conversations with Billy West (Half the cast of Futurama), and I was threatened by Lou Ferigno.

And if Internet famous people are allowed, I met Mike and Jerry of Penny Arcade, and hugged Little Kuriboh. Aside from that, not sure what counts as famous

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I've met Carl Fogarty (4 times World SuperBike Champion) and Ray Mears who is a survival expert and was on TV loads over here (UK) when I was younger.

No properly huge celebs I guess, but a few other assorted "famous" people if you're in to the sports they are big in.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i met robert winston at an essay competition in uni but honestly as an imperial student it's more remarkable to have not met robert winston

Shook hands with Sourav Ganguly, although I bet about 27 people would know who he is- retired Indian cricket captain, often cited as the most successful captain India has had (until Dhoni won us the WC of course).

i met leonard cohen walking down the street in montreal when i was 13, he was chatting up some young lady outside of a restaurant. i interrupted his attempted seduction and he shook my hand and told me i was a handsome young man. i hope he got laid 'cause of me

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Funny story: just met Wolfgang Puck at Spago a few days ago (and once before at the same place). :-)

Also, Charlie Sheen. And a few others that aren't coming to mind at the moment.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I feel like there is more than just this, but the first thing that comes to mind is that I met the late Harmon Killebrew (Baseball Hall of Famer). My friend's dad, who was a huge fan of Killebrew, was having a birthday party at a local Triple A baseball game that Killebrew was showing up at. Not sure how they arranged it, but they got him to come up to the box where the party was and he stuck around and chatted for a while. Technically only the adults there had tickets for the box, and me and my friends just had seats outside it nearby, but we hopped over the fence to go see him when he was there. It was pretty cool.

- in 2002 I took a picture with and got an autograph from Rob Van Dam.

- in 2009 I met Alexandra Kosteniuk who at the time was the Women's World Chess champion

i'm going to a chess tournament in the middle of February where I'll get the chance to meet the 2nd greatest chess player of all time and political activist Garry Kasparov. so hyped.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Well since I live in NW Ohio, I've mostly only met local stars: Former NFL safety William White (started in Super Bowl 33), former pro wrestler Al Snow, and hey I'm not the only one to have met Al Jardine. ;D On the whole NASCAR thing, my mother's side of the family has racing in their blood. I've met Tony Stewart because they have personally worked with his team for Prelude to the Dream in the past.

Since Yuri is bringing vidja gaem famous into the convo, I played Brawl pretty extensively and have met most of the well-known Smashers in the community including Mew2King and Faye Mata, AKA Princess Aura, who now works for Riot Games.

Since Yuri is bringing vidja gaem famous into the convo, I played Brawl pretty extensively and have met most of the well-known Smashers in the community including Mew2King and Faye Mata, AKA Princess Aura, who now works for Riot Games.
You made me remember, I happened to meet Blaz Blue player Lord Knight last year in similar circunstances to the meeting with RX. I'm not a BB player myself but it was cool anyway, dude's chill. In one or two years we may be able to bring FAB or Ogawa (Guilty Gear players) to come and murder us.

I met two 'famous' people.

1. Professional wrestler, Zack Ryder. I believe at this point, he peaked in popularity and his career began to crumble. (For those who watch, it was right after his US title push). He had an autograph signing at a mall on LI. I also met his dad afterwards. His dad is huge. Got pictures with both of them. #wwwyki #zacksdad

2. Professional wrestler, lawyer, and actor, David Otunga. About a month ago, he came to my college to talk about anti-bullying. His bullying stories were shallow and wouldn't compare to an average person's bullying experiences. I got to ask him a question during Q&A and I got an autograph and picture afterwards.

Also, while I didn't meet him, I sat behind Billy Joel at some sort of an occasion on LI. Didn't want to bother him as he was with someone.

hype.

Years ago, I met with Eddie Van Halen with my dad...on multiple occasions. My dad was his doctor, so I got to see Eddie, whose music I enjoy to this day, in person. I also met Stephen Wolfram.
Not sure if this counts, but my dad also met Carl Sagan.

when i was at school in florence i was friends with roberto cavalli's son, and often went round to his house, met his dad a few times. i think he even picked us up once lol.

ive met plenty of footballers, like luca toni on the street, riberi and ballack at an airport, and some lesser known ones

my favourite though is when i chatted with cara delevingne at a boat show in düsseldorf, and ended up adding her on facebook. not talked in a while though :/

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
I met Nobuo Uematsu, composer of most of the original FF soundtracks, at a Distant Worlds concert. He was really nice, and smiled a lot.

I also met Yoshitaka Amano (FFVI artist, etc), who drew me a giant sketch of D from Vampire Hunter D. (◐▽◑)

Back when I used to go to the NY ComicCon I also met Veronica Taylor, Ash's first voice actress.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)