Pokémon Clawitzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know it's not the best, but I like this set:
Clawitzer @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Water Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Aura Sphere

It hits 370 Speed, outspeeding 118 Base Speed Pokemon and above. It hits hard and keeps up momentum.
That's actually surprisingly good speed. Not sure U-Turn is a good idea though, especially since Clawitzer already suffers from 4MSS. I'd replace it with Sludge Bomb so that you don't getwalled by Azumarill (Dark Pulse is also an option to get past Jellicent, but you never see it so I wouldn't bother)

That's actually surprisingly good speed. Not sure U-Turn is a good idea though, especially since Clawitzer already suffers from 4MSS. I'd replace it with Sludge Bomb so that you don't getwalled by Azumarill (Dark Pulse is also an option to get past Jellicent, but you never see it so I wouldn't bother)
True, but then you can bring in a check to Azumarill. I mean, Sludge Bomb does this:
252 SpA Clawitzer Sludge Bomb vs. 168 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 224-264 (58.4 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
so it is pretty good, but then again:
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Clawitzer: 298-352 (104.9 - 123.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Choice Band Azumarill will still win unless it switches in. U-Turn is better imo, but i guess Sludge Bomb could be useful.

The confirmed stat is 59.
Oh. I was going off showdown which I though updated to the confirmed. Never mind and thanks.
True, but then you can bring in a check to Azumarill. I mean, Sludge Bomb does this:
252 SpA Clawitzer Sludge Bomb vs. 168 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 224-264 (58.4 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
so it is pretty good, but then again:
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Clawitzer: 298-352 (104.9 - 123.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Choice Band Azumarill will still win unless it switches in. U-Turn is better imo, but i guess Sludge Bomb could be useful.
Sludge bomb would be better if it were a belly drum azumarill. Then you can kill it when it tries to setup on a water/fight/ice/bug/ switch. But then, this is very situational. I like the set!

I really doubt this thing will make it to OU, with all of the faster and stronger threats running around. Though, I think we can all agree that Choice Specs and Assault Vest are really the only sets Clawitzer can run.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I really doubt this thing will make it to OU, with all of the faster and stronger threats running around. Though, I think we can all agree that Choice Specs and Assault Vest are really the only sets Clawitzer can run.
Or Choice Scarf. Or Life Orb with Sticky Web/Tailwind support. There are ways to bypass Clawitzer's lackluster speed.

Clawitzer is no sweeper but if a team isn't ready for him be prepared for some serious damage . With the right support he can be a beast. I'm still using that assault vest set with great success.

It won't make OU, but that doesn't mean it won't be viable. It has the potential to hit incredibly hard and any unprepared team is going to struggle thanks to Mega Launcher and amazing coverage.

71 HP - 73 Atk - 88 Def -120 SpA - 89 SpD -59 Spe

Looking at the base stats above, one would jump to conclusion that Clawitzer would function well in OU, but in fact, I think it should be able to live in UU or RU. Base 59 Speed there meaning that it will be Thunderbolt bait. And let's be honest here, 71/88/88 isn't that great, it's average at best, since most BW threats such as Magnezone or Breloom will make shrimp sushi out of poor Clawitzer. On the other hand, I do agree with the combo Water Pulse + Aura Sphere + Ice Beam + Dragon Pulse/Dark Pulse (good coverage in theory). Heal Pulse is generally for Doubles or Triples, but is discouraged since the Howitzer Pokemon does not possess the required bulk like that of Blissey to perform the role of team Support. So I'd say this set should work
Clawitzer - Life Orb
Trait: Mega Launcher
Modest Nature
EVs: 252 SAtk/ 252 HP/ 4 SDef <- typical of a special sweeper
-Water Pulse ( STAB + Mega Launcher + Life Orb)
-Dragon Pulse/Ice Beam (For Dragons)
-Aura Sphere (coverage)
-Dark Pulse (coverage)
P.S: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Clauncher_(Pokémon)#Learnset
above is the learnset of clauncher, in case anyone wonders.
:toast:

Last edited:
Sorry i actually enjoy the 4MSS lol. Im sure you all have your preferences but have specs pulses/sphere + icebeam is a-okay with me. If it came down to it you could switch Icebeam to Sludgebomb to hit grass and fairies but then Goodra laughs in your face

It won't make OU, but that doesn't mean it won't be viable. It has the potential to hit incredibly hard and any unprepared team is going to struggle thanks to Mega Launcher and amazing coverage.
True. But on Trick Room teams Clawitzer could become a potent threat.

I know it's not the best, but I like this set:
Clawitzer @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Water Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Aura Sphere

It hits 370 Speed, outspeeding 118 Base Speed Pokemon and above. It hits hard and keeps up momentum.
Actually, it hits 358 speed, not 370 :/

217 x 1.1 x 1.5 = 358

Actually, it hits 358 speed, not 370 :/

217 x 1.1 x 1.5 = 358
I'm sorry, I don't understand? I did just realize that it has 59 Speed, so it reaches 357, where'd you get that random 1.1x from? At Timid+ you reach 238, multiply that by 1.5 (Choice Scarf), and your ending result is 357, which is essentially a 99.5 Speed, which sucks, as max invested 100 Mons will guaranteed outspeed.

Clawitzer reminds me of Chandelure, but with a worse speed and a better ability.

Choice Specs seems to be one of the best wallbreaking sets. Would the standard set of 252 HP/252 SpA work with Assault Vest without any investment?

I have a question: Why is Assault Vest soo great on Clawitzer? I mean, let's just take a prominent OU Threat, Rotom-W:
252+ SpA Rotom-W Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Clawitzer: 204-242 (58.9 - 69.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Rotom-W Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clawitzer: 306-362 (88.4 - 104.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
So, Rotom-W always 2HKOes, maybe OHKO without Assault Vest, but in return:
252+ SpA Mega Launcher Clawitzer Dragon Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 136-160 (44.7 - 52.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Dragon Pulse is Clawitzer's most powerful move against Rotom-W. It won't really make a difference, why not slap on a Choice Specs/Leftovers/Life Orb instead?
Also, I'd like to bring discussion of U-Turn on Clawitzer! It seems useful for momentum, what else would you guys see use of U-Turn with on Clawitzer?

I have a question: Why is Assault Vest soo great on Clawitzer? I mean, let's just take a prominent OU Threat, Rotom-W:
252+ SpA Rotom-W Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Clawitzer: 204-242 (58.9 - 69.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Rotom-W Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clawitzer: 306-362 (88.4 - 104.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Mega Launcher Clawitzer Dragon Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 136-160 (44.7 - 52.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Dragon Pulse is Clawitzer's most powerful move against Rotom-W. It won't really make a difference, why not slap on a Choice Specs/Leftovers/Life Orb instead?
Also, I'd like to bring discussion of U-Turn on Clawitzer! It seems useful for momentum, what else would you guys see use of U-Turn with on Clawitzer?
=> U-turn is pretty useless, I concur

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm sorry, I don't understand? I did just realize that it has 59 Speed, so it reaches 357, where'd you get that random 1.1x from? At Timid+ you reach 238, multiply that by 1.5 (Choice Scarf), and your ending result is 357, which is essentially a 99.5 Speed, which sucks, as max invested 100 Mons will guaranteed outspeed.
1.1 is the nature boost from Timid. Also, max 100 is 328, which definitely doesn't outspeed.

I wou
I would not put up a clawitzer to fight a rotom-w it would be walled in so many different ways.
The assault vest set is not meant to be a sweeper in anyway. Plus without the vest clawitzer would be OHKOed by rotom. So that's why the assault vest is great on it.

He performs pretty consistently for me: He takes 1 - 3 hits, and knocks out 2 -3 mons. Very rarely does he last longer, or KO more or less.

I actually have him using focus blast and shadow ball. I probably should be running aura sphere instead of focus blast, but shadow ball catches a lot of people off guard.

He performs pretty consistently for me: He takes 1 - 3 hits, and knocks out 2 -3 mons. Very rarely does he last longer, or KO more or less.

I actually have him using focus blast and shadow ball. I probably should be running aura sphere instead of focus blast, but shadow ball catches a lot of people off guard.
Yeah you definitely need to be running aura sphere because of mega launcher. Why shadow ball? Dark pulse is better and gets similar coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)