Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be a good sixth pokemon for a team consisting of Mawile, Mandibuzz, Gastrodon, Gourgeist, and Rotom-Heat? I was thinking of a cleric, a phazer, or maybe something with U-Turn and/or Stealth Rock, but something like a good Landorous would be too difficult for me to obtain (which is why I am using Rotom-Heat instead of Heatran).

And just to clarify, good legendaries are difficult for me to acquire, but most everything else is fair game.

Also, any basic suggestions for the team? I pretty much want to try and make it as complete as I can before posting a RMT. Please and thank you.
Any suggestions?

If Tailwind is used and slower Pokemon, after Tailwind boost, then outspeeds faster opponent Pokemon, will they get to move first? Meaning does Tailwind take effect the turn it is used in double/triple battles?

I'm thinking about making a Offensive Mega Gyarados set, because it seems to be a underused but viable Mega, and I have my Mega Slot open ATM, but what would be the best nature for it? I'd be guessing Jolly with the Standard 252/252 Spread, but I'd like some advice here, Rotom W is one annoying little bugger, and having Mold Breaker give it the middle finger would be glorious to see.
I use Adamant. And have it boost speed and attack from either Scolipede's Baton Pass or Dragon Dance. Murders everything. Mold Breaker is underrated.

Hello,

can you please help me!? I want to make an Adamant Azumarill with Belly Drum, Aqua Jet, Waterfall and Play Rough and a Sitrus Berry... But I have no clue in how much EVs I should put in Speed and HP. Can someone tell me all good possibilities for Speed EVs to outspeed common Pokemon in OU?

______

If Tailwind is used and slower Pokemon, after Tailwind boost, then outspeeds faster opponent Pokemon, will they get to move first? Meaning does Tailwind take effect the turn it is used in double/triple battles?
As far as I know, Tailwind takes effect in the next turn. Meaning, Prankster + Tailwind is redundant.

Quick question.

If you trade a Pokemon over from Black/White, or even from another X or Y, will it still show the original Where: on the Pokemon's summary screen? Or will it say something different?

i.e. If I have a Pokemon that hatched and on Route 2 and then traded it to Y version, will it say Route 2, or will it say fateful encounter? What if I trade from B/W/B2/W2?

So, if I'm running something SR weak, and I want to run max HP on it, should it invest 248 EVs into HP, as I've heard that it minimizes SR damage? And does it apply for Level 100s only?

Quick question.

If you trade a Pokemon over from Black/White, or even from another X or Y, will it still show the original Where: on the Pokemon's summary screen? Or will it say something different?

i.e. If I have a Pokemon that hatched and on Route 2 and then traded it to Y version, will it say Route 2, or will it say fateful encounter? What if I trade from B/W/B2/W2?
It may just state it's original region, as it did in previous Gens.

So, if I'm running something SR weak, and I want to run max HP on it, should it invest 248 EVs into HP, as I've heard that it minimizes SR damage? And does it apply for Level 100s only?

It may just state it's original region, as it did in previous Gens.
It depends on the actual HP stat, which is different depending on the Pokemon. If the Pokemon is 4x SR, weak, any HP stat divisible by 2 maximizes SR damage. For 2x SR weak Pokemon, the HP stat shouldn't be divisible by 4. SR neutral Pokemon take more damage if their HP stat is divisible by 8. And so on.

For example, Ho-Oh is 4x weak to SR. With 252 HP EVs, it has 416 HP. That is divisible by 2, so Ho-Oh should run 248 HP EVs instead of 252. Salamence is 2x weak to SR. With 252 HP EVs, it reaches 394 HP, which is not divisible by 4, so Salamence takes the same amount of damage from SR with 248 HP EVs or 252 HP EVs. Arceus-Flying, which is also 2x weak to SR, reaches 444 HP with max investment, which is divisible by 4, so it would take more SR damage with 252 HP EVs than with 248 HP EVs.

Last edited:
would audino cleric and ferthon spiker work with mawile also whats a good special sweeper ,revenge killer

should i choose a pokemon that can counter mawile weaknesses

My understanding is that Tailwind does apply on the turn used. It's just that the turn order is already determined by the time you use it. Similar to what happens to Pokemon that get higher base speed upon mega evolving like Gengar. A max speed Gengar (base 110) that mega evolves against a max speed Greninja (base 122) still gets outsped by the Greninja even though Mega Gengar is base 130 because the turn order is determined before Gengar mega evolves.

Hello,

can you please help me!? I want to make an Adamant Azumarill with Belly Drum, Aqua Jet, Waterfall and Play Rough and a Sitrus Berry... But I have no clue in how much EVs I should put in Speed and HP. Can someone tell me all good possibilities for Speed EVs to outspeed common Pokemon in OU?
If I'm not mistaken, Azumarills generally run close to max HP and Attack with a certain amount of Speed EVs to outrun certain Pokemon like you said. The pre-PokeBank Azumarill analysis should give you an idea:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/completed-azumarill.3490741/

What Magnemite said. To put it simply, SR weak Pokemon should have an odd HP number. Also make sure to check how the HP EVs will affect it at level 50 vs level 100. The same EVs can give a Pokemon an odd number at level 100 but an even number at level 50 and vice versa.

can your breed a Gen 5 Hyper Voice Eevee with a Gen 6 Eevee and pass it (Hyper Voice) down onto the offspring?

Last edited:
Guys, I think there's some problem with the breeding mechanics.

I have a Male truant durant, captured in a net ball, and a ditto with 3 IVs captured in a Repeat ball. The durant has a Destiny Knot equipped and the ditto has the item that makes the baby inherit the HP.

My aim is to get a female durant with truant to breed with my jolly pinsir so it can inherit the IVs and nature, but for some reason, the babies are all getting the normal abilities instead of truant, and they aren't inheriting the ball (they have a normal pokéball instead).

The only thing I think could make a difference in the breeding mechanics is that now I have the oval charm, else nothing has changed since I've breed other pokes with dittos for their HAs. The fact that it's not inheriting the pokéball is what bugs me the most...

New here.
That being said, I wouldn't mind if an experienced player could PM me right quick. I'd like someone to take a look at my team and let me know who flows well, who doesn't, and any other remarks would do me wonders. I don't want to go into the metagame half-cocked with a team that does well individually but can't seem to pull it together as a whole. Thanks in advanced!

Guys, I think there's some problem with the breeding mechanics.

I have a Male truant durant, captured in a net ball, and a ditto with 3 IVs captured in a Repeat ball. The durant has a Destiny Knot equipped and the ditto has the item that makes the baby inherit the HP.

My aim is to get a female durant with truant to breed with my jolly pinsir so it can inherit the IVs and nature, but for some reason, the babies are all getting the normal abilities instead of truant, and they aren't inheriting the ball (they have a normal pokéball instead).

The only thing I think could make a difference in the breeding mechanics is that now I have the oval charm, else nothing has changed since I've breed other pokes with dittos for their HAs. The fact that it's not inheriting the pokéball is what bugs me the most...
I believe that when a Ditto is acting as the mother, the Pokeball is not passed down. The babies not getting Truant is just bad luck.

Were there any Gen 1 through 5 Hidden Ability Pokemon that were released in XY and not in prior games?

New here.
That being said, I wouldn't mind if an experienced player could PM me right quick. I'd like someone to take a look at my team and let me know who flows well, who doesn't, and any other remarks would do me wonders. I don't want to go into the metagame half-cocked with a team that does well individually but can't seem to pull it together as a whole. Thanks in advanced!
For future team building, a cool little tool I discovered recently is this website: http://sweepercalc.com/rmt/ Hope it can help you when you don't have someone to assess your team.

Will Knock-Off get an increase in power if it fails to remove an item due to Sticky Hold?
It will get the damage boost and not remove the item. Which really, REALLY sucks for anything that relied on Sticky Hold to dodge Knock Off in past generations (mostly stuff in Little Cup, but still...).

It will get the damage boost and not remove the item. Which really, REALLY sucks for anything that relied on Sticky Hold to dodge Knock Off in past generations (mostly stuff in Little Cup, but still...).
But the boost does not activate in the instance of Mega Stones and Arceus with the Plates - correct?

But the boost does not activate in the instance of Mega Stones and Arceus with the Plates - correct?
The boost will not activate in the case of Mega Stones, nor will it remove the Mega Stone, that is correct. However, I don't know if the boost activates against Arceus holding a plate - since Arceus is only available in XY through Pokebank, I don't know if anyone's had a chance to test it yet.

This is more me venting than anything, but why in the heck did Gamefreak decide that Manaphy can create Phione eggs, but Phione can't evolve into Manaphy?

Okay, that makes sense. As for Phione, do you think it has a niche in this generation's OU metagame? Perhaps UU?
Definitely not. It was NU last gen and didn't get used at all beyond that. I don't think it got anything new and it is completely outclassed by every notable water type. It will most likely stay in NU again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)