Orange Island Plays REDUX!

Original Idea by Deinosaur and Jellicent
Approved by Stellar and DHR The Grinch

Orange Island Plays REDUX

Hello Orange Islanders, welcome to the new OIP Thread! This thread is for challenge runs throughout various games which I assign. There will be discussion on these runs on #orangeislands for people to be able to discuss these in game runs. After you finish, you can post your trainer card and talk about your experiences! People can share advice, rages, and experience!

If you have any questions, VM or PM me!

EDIT: After talking to Deinosaur I made some changes to how this will work, so reread the OP and the Challenge post.

Last edited:
Challenge 1

Only the first Pokemon seen in each route/cave/waterway may be caught. Repeats are not allowed. If you find a repeat (or even in same evolution chain), you get a second chance to find a new Pokemon. If it is a repeat again, you may not catch anything from that area.
The game is Pokemon Ruby or Sapphire.

This round will take place on Saturday, January 4th, at 6 pm EST.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
So it's a run where the first Nuzlocke rule (but not the second one) is in effect? Sounds pretty cool. I want to try it but I have ongoing runs in all of my gen 3 cartridges.

So it's a run where the first Nuzlocke rule (but not the second one) is in effect? Sounds pretty cool. I want to try it but I have ongoing runs in all of my gen 3 cartridges.
Yea basically, It is a nuzlocke without deaths. You are allowed to use emulators if you don't have cartridges to work with!

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just a bump and a friendly reminder: this is tomorrow at 6 PM EST.

I'll be playing all day, probably hosting a Google+ Chat while I'm at home. My family wants to check out houses tomorrow, and I think I'll play sick so I can stay home. It's gonna be great you guys, good luck to all!

Kadew

*bird sounds*
is an Artist Alumnus
The pokemon limitation of a nuzlocke, but without the heartbreak... interesting. I might join in this afternoon. Sapphire was my first pokemon game, but I never did finish it.

Ah, another community event. I like that the OI is getting more of these. They're my favorite part of the forums these days, as you can tell by the fact I either organize or help organize two of the currently existing ones (The Orange League and the Twitch Streaming thread) myself.

I think I'll participate! I need to start in on my chores right now then though or I'll miss it.

This reminds me, I need to check if movie nights are still going... and remember to actually participate in them XD.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
OFFICIAL TIMESTAMP:

4 hours and 36 minutes

Finally beat Roxanne
After the most hilarious 2 hours I have ever seen. Proving Deino is the worst Pokemon player out of all of us :P

Then again I also lost a Mon in my small bit of running I did to an Air Cutting Gloom that Erika had in her Gym Battle :(

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi so I'm officially inquiring whether or not Ultimathunder is going to run this anymore or I'm going to have to take over. I am perfectly fine with running this operation much like I did before.

I am running it still. Speaking of which i talked about it on IRC and the next challenge is made and scheduled for this Saturday, 12 pm EST, on #orangeislands as usual.

Every Pokemon in your party has to have a different highest base stat. If your Pokemon has two of the same stat, you can choose which stat it represents.

The game is FireRed/LeafGreen.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Dang, this sounds really fun but I usually go out on Saturday nights. Maybe if I get back early I can play a bit. Is it not possible for any other time or day? (like Friday night?)

I am running it still. Speaking of which i talked about it on IRC and the next challenge is made and scheduled for this Saturday, 6 pm EST, on #orangeislands as usual.

Every Pokemon in your party has to have a different highest base stat. If your Pokemon has two of the same stat, you can choose which stat it represents.

The game is FireRed/LeafGreen.

Good Luck!
Sounds crazy fun; my Firered isn't taken up with some other run atm, so I'll give it a try!
One question though: Why is there a time? Is this a race to see who can finish faster, or is it just so that we can discuss while playing?

Starting back up!

Challenge 3:
This will take place in pokemon Platinum.
Every pokemon, barring your starter, must originate from a different region. This means you can only have 5 pokemon in your party!

This round will start tommorow, february 16 at noon EST and go on the whole day, meaning you can join in any time!

Have fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)