Breeding Perfect Pokemon in Pokemon X&Y

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has perfected a method of breeding for hidden powers? I'm in desperate need of trying to get HP Fire onto my Modest Chlorophyll Bulbasaur with Giga Drain.

Hi, I have a bit of a question, I'm a little confused. Sorry if a question like this has been asked before.

Here is my current setup:

Ditto(Destiny Knot) IVs: x/x/x/31/31/31
Smeargle(Power Anklet, carries over the perfect speed IV.) IVs: x/x/x/31/31/31

Is it efficient to have my Smeargle hold a Power item to guarantee the passing of his perfect speed IV, or would it be better to have Smeargle hold some other item?
Hey Dusty, I would NOT recommend using both power items and destiny knot together. You might get your desired IV spread, but the nature would most likely be horrendous as it will be a randomized one without the everstone.

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has perfected a method of breeding for hidden powers? I'm in desperate need of trying to get HP Fire onto my Modest Chlorophyll Bulbasaur with Giga Drain.
Yeah, it's fairly simple. I'll outline the process for you.

You'll need:
  • Power Items for the relevant IVs you want to pass down
  • A pretty hefty assortment of random Pokemon if you lack a parent you know has the right 30 IVs.
  • The same Destiny Knot + Evestone combo

What you need to do:
  • Go through your boxes and look for any Pokemon that match the characteristic of a Pokemon with a 30 IV in the relevant stat. In your case, since you want a Hidden Power Fire Bulbasaur, look through your boxes for Pokemon that have the characteristics "Highly Curious" and "Likes to Run".
  • Take out whatever Pokemon have these characteristics have them checked by the IV judge. If the IV judge comments that their stats are fantastic, you know for certain that the IV is a 30.
  • Chain the 30 IV off of the Pokemon family it's on to the Pokemon family you want it to be on. For example, if you found that you had a Cloyster with a 30 in Special Attack, you could get it onto bulbasaur using a chain of Cloyster -> Corphish -> Slowpoke -> Bulbasaur.
  • Now breed as usual. The IV checker will sadly not tell you if one of your Pokemon's stats is a 30, so you'll need to check that manually. The best way I know how to do that is to go to lumiose city and take on the battle test which automatically levels your Pokemon up to level 50 / automatically shows you if a stat is a 30.
  • Your irrelevant IV will need to be odd or even depending on your hidden power. Sadly this means some of your 31/x/31/30/31/30 breeds won't have your desired hidden power; you'll need IVs of 31/E/31/30/31/30
Hope this helps!

Hey Dusty, I would NOT recommend using both power items and destiny knot together. You might get your desired IV spread, but the nature would most likely be horrendous as it will be a randomized one without the everstone.
You are right, but I just realized the Smeagle I have does not have the nature I wanted. So I'll be breeding until I can get one with the right nature, and then use the Everstone. Thanks, man!

You are right, but I just realized the Smeagle I have does not have the nature I wanted. So I'll be breeding until I can get one with the right nature, and then use the Everstone. Thanks, man!
I would recommend instead of hoping you get the nature you need randomly though breeding, you do a quick search of your boxes to see if any Pokemon have the desired nature you want (you can search for nature using the search icon at the bottom of the screen). From there, I would chain it onto your smeargle using the method I outlined for stonehedge in my previous post for chaining hidden power IVs, but using the everstone to chain nature instead.

I would recommend instead of hoping you get the nature you need randomly though breeding, you do a quick search of your boxes to see if any Pokemon have the desired nature you want (you can search for nature using the search icon at the bottom of the screen). From there, I would chain it onto your smeargle using the method I outlined for stonehedge in my previous post for chaining hidden power IVs, but using the everstone to chain nature instead.
I will work on this and let you guys know what happens.

I will work on this and let you guys know what happens.
Another suggestion would be to collect a bunch of dittos each with a different nature, such that you have one of each nature. This will make your life considerably easier when it comes to getting your desired nature. It will take you about a day to get all of them, as you will be given duplicates, but the amount of time it saves you in the long run is more than worth it.
Or you can have a box worth of dittos with all of the different natures. It took me a day or so to collect them all, but it is making my life SOOOO much easier when it comes to breeding for nature.
Or you can have a box worth of dittos with all of the different natures. It took me a day or so to collect them all, but it is making my life SOOOO much easier when it comes to breeding for nature.

Hi, I have a bit of a question, I'm a little confused. Sorry if a question like this has been asked before.

Is it efficient to have my Smeargle hold a Power item to guarantee the passing of his perfect IVs, or would it be better to have Smeargle hold some other item?
Also, if you are trying to get a 5 or 6 perfect IV Smeargle, the pokemon combination you are using right now is highly inefficient, since both have the same 3 perfect IVs, so their offspring will almost never have 4 perfect IVs, and NEVER will have 5 or 6 perfect IVs.

The only scenario in which the egg from that setup will produce 4 IVs, would be if the "randomized IV" (the one not affected by destiny knot or the power item) happens to be exactly 31 AND the destiny knot picks 2 perfect IVs aside from the perfect one picked by the power item. So as you see, that's a really long shot.

Is it efficient to have my Smeargle hold a Power item to guarantee the passing of his perfect IVs, or would it be better to have Smeargle hold some other item?
Correct me if I'm wrong but i believe whatever power item you use it is guaranteed that that IV will be passed now.. ok so
when held by a parent it will GUARANTEE that the parent holding the Power Item will pass down a stat to the baby, so say Father smeargle is holding a Power Weight (the battle item of HP) and father smeragle has 31/xx/xx/xx/xx/xx and mother smeargle has the Power Anklet (the Battle item of Speed) and she also has xx/xx/xx/xx/xx/31, the baby will most defintely have at least 31/xx/xx/xx/xx/31

Correct me if I'm wrong but i believe whatever power item you use it is guaranteed that that IV will be passed now.. ok so
when held by a parent it will GUARANTEE that the parent holding the Power Item will pass down a stat to the baby, so say Father smeargle is holding a Power Weight (the battle item of HP) and father smeragle has 31/xx/xx/xx/xx/xx and mother smeargle has the Power Anklet (the Battle item of Speed) and she also has xx/xx/xx/xx/xx/31, the baby will most defintely have at least 31/xx/xx/xx/xx/31
That is correct,in that case the baby would have 2 perfect IVs, but the other 4 IVs would be completely randomized (a number between 0 and 31 for each stat), and also the baby's nature would be randomized (1 of 25 options).

So, if what you want is a 2 IV Smeargle (maybe to start breeding that baby with a Ditto instead of starting with a 1 IV Smeargle), then yes, go for the power items. But if you are planning on getting a baby with a higher number of perfect IVs (like a 3 IV Smeargle in this case), most of the time you are better of using Destiny Knot to pass 5 IVs and Everstone to pass the nature.

Benghazi

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
So unfortunately I bred a parent with 5 IVs and decided I want to change the nature. (Adamant ---> Jolly). Now I have a 4 IV wrong nature (Naive Ditto) and a 5 IV wrong nature (Adamant Kangaskhan). How should I go about fixing this problem? Should I give my Kang a power item for the missing IV and wait for the nature? Or should I go catch a Jolly natured Ditto and restart the breeding process?

So unfortunately I bred a parent with 5 IVs and decided I want to change the nature. (Adamant ---> Jolly). Now I have a 4 IV wrong nature (Naive Ditto) and a 5 IV wrong nature (Adamant Kangaskhan). How should I go about fixing this problem? Should I give my Kang a power item for the missing IV and wait for the nature? Or should I go catch a Jolly natured Ditto and restart the breeding process?
In the long run, your best bet is to get a right natured Ditto, you could even trade one if you don't feel like going to the friend safari. Or even better, search your boxes for pokemons in the monster egg group http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Monster_(Egg_Group) with the jolly nature, you might already have what you are looking for.

Once you get a Jolly pokemon, it shouldn't take long to get a new 5 IV breeding it with the one you already have.

Benghazi

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
In the long run, your best bet is to get a right natured Ditto, you could even trade one if you don't feel like going to the friend safari. Or even better, search your boxes for pokemons in the monster egg group http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Monster_(Egg_Group) with the jolly nature, you might already have what you are looking for.

Once you get a Jolly pokemon, it shouldn't take long to get a new 5 IV breeding it with the one you already have.
Thanks man! My only reluctance was going to find a new ditto, but hopefully it wont take too long. With a 2 IV Right natured Ditto and a 5 IV kang, should I aim for the 5 IV child right away? or get a three or four IV right natured baby and breed it with my 4 IV ditto?

I would first bred the right natured 2 IV Ditto with the 5 IV Kangaskhan (about 2.5% chance to get a 5IV right natured khan right away).

Then, as soon as you get a 4 IV right natured Kangaskhan, bred that one with the 4 IV Ditto, ONLY IF between the two 4IV pokemon there's a correct IV spread (meaning that between the two pokemon's IVs there is at least one perfect IV for each of the desired final 5IVs). This will give you about 5% chance to get a 5IV right natured Kangskhan.

Finally, if you happen to stumble across a 3IV right natured Ditto, just bred that one with the 5 IV khan, since the chance of producing a 5IV between these two is the same as with the two 4IVs, so there's no point in switching the parents.

Benghazi

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Time to catch more dittos. Thanks
I would first bred the right natured 2 IV Ditto with the 5 IV Kangaskhan (about 2.5% chance to get a 5IV right natured khan right away).

Then, as soon as you get a 4 IV right natured Kangaskhan, bred that one with the 4 IV Ditto, ONLY IF between the two 4IV pokemon there's a correct IV spread (meaning that between the two pokemon's IVs there is at least one perfect IV for each of the desired final 5IVs). This will give you about 5% chance to get a 5IV right natured Kangskhan.

Finally, if you happen to stumble across a 3IV right natured Ditto, just bred that one with the 5 IV khan, since the chance of producing a 5IV between these two is the same as with the two 4IVs, so there's no point in switching the parents.
Time to catch more dittos. Thanks Shaggy.

So i have a male Charmander with HP, attack, defense, sp. attack, and sp. defense. I'm trying to work speed into the mix by breeding with a female Charmander thats only maxed on speed. i've made 90 eggs from the pair but I'm not getting any Charmanders with speed and other IVs, its either a combination of the IVs from the one with the 5 IVs or a Charmander that has only speed. Am i doing this completely wrong? because this just isn't working for me and really just feel like i'm wasting a shit load of time. (the pokemon in the daycare center are holding an everstone and the destiny knot in case you were wondering). Any tips or advice on what im doing wrong would be a big help. And i'm doing the breeding strictly from Charmanders so i dont have any of the dittos from the friend safari, which i know would be a big help but i managed a 5 IV Charmander already so while its more difficult i didn't think that was the problem.

This is also the first perfect pokemon i'm trying to breed, is 5 iv the max you can do or can you do all 6 stats?

So i have a male Charmander with HP, attack, defense, sp. attack, and sp. defense. I'm trying to work speed into the mix by breeding with a female Charmander thats only maxed on speed. i've made 90 eggs from the pair but I'm not getting any Charmanders with speed and other IVs, its either a combination of the IVs from the one with the 5 IVs or a Charmander that has only speed. Am i doing this completely wrong?
I would use a Power Anklet on the Charmander with max speed and Destiny Knot on the other, that way you are guarantied that the offspring inherit the speed IV. Chainbreed like this until you have a 4IV charmander with max speed, then get Everstone in the mix in stead the power item.

This is also the first perfect pokemon i'm trying to breed, is 5 iv the max you can do or can you do all 6 stats?
Yes, it is possible, but it will take more time. You should either way first get another 5IV Charmander with max speed and then you'll just have to breed a lot to get a 6IV Charmander. That said, unless you plan on using a mixed Charizard, there is no real reason to go for a 6IV Charmander.

I would use a Power Anklet on the Charmander with max speed and Destiny Knot on the other, that way you are guarantied that the offspring inherit the speed IV. Chainbreed like this until you have a 4IV charmander with max speed, then get Everstone in the mix in stead the power item.

Yes, it is possible, but it will take more time. You should either way first get another 5IV Charmander with max speed and then you'll just have to breed a lot to get a 6IV Charmander. That said, unless you plan on using a mixed Charizard, there is no real reason to go for a 6IV Charmander.

Thanks that probably would of been a lot simpler, spent the last 2 hours breeding it with my militic that thankfuly had max IVs for def, sp. def, and speed and that worked out pretty good and now my charmander also knows dragon dance and dragon pulse lol. Also i don't think the speed on the charmander i was using before actually had full speed if that matters lol im guessing it does. Thanks again though.

i got a 5 IV female charmander that took me forever thanks to the 12% chance of getting a female but its HP is bad, should i not use this one to breed with my 5 IV male charmander?

i got a 5 IV female charmander that took me forever thanks to the 12% chance of getting a female but its HP is bad, should i not use this one to breed with my 5 IV male charmander?
Is this your breeding pair?:
M Charmander 31/31/31/31/31/x
F Charmander x/31/31/31/31/31

That seems like a very good pair. With that pair you will get a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Charmander 5.0781% of the time or 1 out of every 19.6923 eggs. You also have a 1/96 chance of getting a 6x31 IV offspring.

Is this your breeding pair?:
M Charmander 31/31/31/31/31/x
F Charmander x/31/31/31/31/31

That seems like a very good pair. With that pair you will get a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Charmander 5.0781% of the time or 1 out of every 19.6923 eggs. You also have a 1/96 chance of getting a 6x31 IV offspring.
the Male is 31/31/31/31/31/x
the female is x/31/31/31/31/31 except the guy said that the HP stat was terrible

i didn't know if the horrible HP on the female would prevent a perfect breeding or not

the Male is 31/31/31/31/31/x
the female is x/31/31/31/31/31 except the guy said that the HP stat was terrible

i didn't know if the horrible HP on the female would prevent a perfect breeding or not
It's irrelevant. As EIFF said, with that pair you have a 1/96 chance to get 6 IV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)