1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Breeding Perfect Pokemon in Pokemon X&Y

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by TheMantyke, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. welsknight

welsknight

What I usually do is I start a breeding project by obtaining a female in Friend Safari (if possible). Then I'll breed it with a Ditto of the correct nature/father that has egg moves I want until I get a female (any IV) that has the right nature and egg moves. Once I have a female with the correct nature and egg moves, I'll breed it with my highest IV father in the egg group (at this point, I have flawless 6-IVs for most of them, but at least a 5-IV in all) until I get a better female. Then I'll breed the better female with the highest IV father. Rinse, dry, repeat. Eventually you'll get your desired result.

So, long story short, it's WAYYYY faster to just put up with the slow egg production, but have to hatch less eggs overall, then it is to start from scratch with each new breeding project.
  2. KimTheHuman

KimTheHuman

Alrighty :D Appreciate all the advice. Good luck with your future projects and take care.
  3. Darkmaster77

Darkmaster77

i cant find the info anywhere the iv combo for HP Ice is the same??
  4. Daki

Daki

I don't know if i can ask this here but... what is the best way to catch dittos?
    I heard that catch rates doesn't pass to the transformation anymore, and i think it's true, becasue i tried using magikarp and threw many different pokeball and couldn't catch it.
    I'm using false sweep but it takes too long. 3 turns of false sweep plus 2 or 3 turns of throwing pokeball with the chance of not catching him at all after he runs out of moves and kill himself
    I'd like an easier way :v
  5. xyril

xyril

What I do might be a bit easier. I lead with a Magikarp that only knows Splash (I used the Move Deleter to get rid of all other moves). Then, I use Splash and wait for the Ditto to use Transform. After it transforms, I switch in a Parasect with False Swipe and Spore. At this point, the Ditto can only use Splash, so it won't end up killing itself. Finally, I False Swipe until it's at 1 HP and then use Spore to put it to sleep. Your chance of catching it should be better with it asleep and at 1HP. Good luck!
  6. Daki

Daki

The "kill itself" part means that after trying to use false sweep many times he uses another move and kill itself by recoil.
    Well, thanks for the tip! I'll try this later.
  7. welsknight

welsknight

I usually lead with a Pokemon like Bibarel that doesn't know any recoil moves. I have a high-level Bisharp that knows Thunder Wave and False Swipe, and I'll switch that in since it can take a lot of hits. Best place to hunt Ditto is in the Friend Safari. Sometimes you can catch them with a first-turn Quick Ball as well.
  8. EIFF

EIFF

I would recommend getting the Oval Charm item. The egg spawning chance is then increased to 39.3%.
  9. KimTheHuman

KimTheHuman

Is that available in Gen 6? I thought it was only in Gen5
  10. EIFF

EIFF

Yes, I have it in gen 6. You can get it after seeing all pokemon in the regional dex. The 3 legendary birds and Mewtwo are not required as far as I know.
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  11. xyril

xyril

Oh wow, I had no idea you could get an Oval Charm. Thanks for the info!
  12. Sprocket

Sprocket P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n

This thread totally needs a sticky. Still.

I found the best capturer is a Smeargle with the moves False Swipe, Spore, Soak, and Sweet Scent. Soak is perfect for removing grass type immunity to Spore and ghost type immunity to False Swipe.

Also my breeding runs seem to indicate that a Male HA + Ditto has a 60% chance of spawning a HA offspring, which is the same ratio as Female HA + Male.

And if anyone is curious, the odds of getting a Female HA egg from 87.5% male, 12.5% female Pokemon (like Bulbasaur) are a paltry 7.5%.
    Daki likes this.
  13. Daki

Daki

Sweet Scent is not necessary, but yeah, I think your method is the best one out there. I completely forgot that smeargle existed and that he could learn false swipe, spore, and any other move.
    This takes less rounds(when ditto doesn't have HA, otherwise it's the same quantity of rounds with parasect/magikarp) and secures your ditto. I just don't use it because i already have my magiakrp/parasect combo and i'm not in the mood to catch a smeargle and make it learn the moves.
    Here, take my Like.
  14. crashteamalphing

crashteamalphing

Is it normal that I got about 60 male eevees and 0 females from breeding a destiny knot ditto and male eevee with everstone ?

Edit: nevermind, got a female at the 65th egg. I knew I had a 1/8 chance.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  15. Sprocket

Yeah, its annoying but possible :/
  16. Dydepriest

Dydepriest

Ok I apologize in advance on case someone else had asked something like this earlier, but I'm new to this whole breeding thing.

Ok, so here's the situation

In the daycare right now, I have a male and female pokemon. Both have their HA's and both have the right nature (timid). The female has 31/x/31/x/31/31 and the male has 31/31/31/x/31/31. I don't really care that much about the attack stat, but I really need a perfect IV for special attack. And I also need to make sure their nature remains the same.

Does anyone know how to get it so that their offspring will end up timid and having 31/x/31/31/31/31 or 31/31/31/31/31/31 IVs?

Thanks!
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  17. Sprocket

In your case, luck. The odds are terrible with those IVs. I recommend different parents.
  18. Dydepriest

Dydepriest

ok thanks for telling me! I have easy access to Dittos plus other frogadiers, so finding some with 31 special attack shouldn't be a problem
  19. Awesomeaza

Awesomeaza

i've got a question. its probably answered but i need to clear some doubts. i have a atk,def,Sp.atk gible and a sp.def ditto. to get all four into gible, i must hatch countless of eggs. is that correct? also, do i put destiny knot to the ditto or gible as i know 5 of the iv will be pass down but i seem to only get 1 or 2 pass down and so i fear that i might put g pokemon or perhaps it dont really matter? thanks
  20. Chill

Chill

It doesn't matter which pokemon holds the knot but what I personally do is have the pokemon that is going to be in the daycare the longest hold it. In your case that's going to be ditto.

Everytime you get a gible that is closer to what you're looking for you'll want to remove the previous gible to increase your odds of getting a better one.

You'll start with this
    Ditto 31/31/31/31/x Gible x/x/x/x/x/x
    And then this
    Ditto 31/31/31/31/x Gible 31/x/x/x/x/x
    And then this
    Ditto 31/31/31/31/x Gible 31/31/x/x/x/x
    And so on until you have a gible with 4 31's
  21. Awesomeaza

Awesomeaza

i see.. now its much more convincing that the destiny know does not work by having the pokemon to have all the stats at one go. besides, kept on shifting the destiny knot between pokemon as i might not be putting at the right one. im definitely gonna try your method. thanks!
  22. LegendaryPK

LegendaryPK

Thanks for all the info ! I was just wondering which method would be best to obtain hidden power pokemon? Catch dittos and check for the 30 iv stat then use a power item?
  23. Keldrin

Keldrin

I apologize if this has already been asked, but I've been trying to breed a female Torchic from the male event Pokemon I received, but all thirteen eggs so far have been male. I'm assuming that this is just the odds messing with me, but can anyone confirm that the female can indeed be bred?
  24. EIFF

EIFF

Yes, you have a 1/8 chance of getting a female. Note that if you want Speed Boost as the ability, your female has to have Speed Boost or you have to breed the speed boost male with a Ditto.
  25. Keldrin

Keldrin

Thanks, odds of getting a female with speed boost are 1/8 * 3/5 =3/40 right?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)