Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like a way to spectate high ranking players' battles please. As of now, the battles are listed only from newest to oldest. If there were some way to watch battles based on the players' ratings, it'll really help newbies learn when they watch more experienced players.

Introduce a filter that reads the robots.txt and searches for keywords of a url shortener to block all "Hit & Runners". If the filter bypasses any url shorteners (more or less links) then they can be specifically blocked by Moderator+ ranks.

Orphic

perhaps
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
whats the point in that, just make a smogon account with your PS name? As you already have...
Smogon doesnt allow alts so this would violate that rule as well

BenTheDemon

Banned deucer.
whats the point in that, just make a smogon account with your PS name? As you already have...
Smogon doesnt allow alts so this would violate that rule as well
I guess you've got a point there. But I still think that more integration between Smogon and Showdown would be cool.

Post in the Pokemon Showdown suggestions thread instead of here.
On the Frost Server, there is a thing called a "Room Founder" A room founder is the person who thought of a room and got it made on the server. Only admins can promote a user to room founder. The room founder can do everything a room owner can do except they can promote users to room owner themselves instead of having to bug an admin to do it. Also, there can only be one room founder per room. On another note, when using the /roomauth command, all of the rooms staff and voices pop up on a window. It always looks like a mess and unorganized so I wonder if it's possible to make it organized? By this I mean making it look like this: http://prntscr.com/2krrsc That is all. Thank you for reading this and hopefully accepting both these suggestions.

I actually have a suggestion which is the ability to search users when you want to watch a battle since whenever you click on it you get a lot of battles to choose from or battles from tiers (do note this is my first time here so this may have been the worst post ever)

I actually have a suggestion which is the ability to search users when you want to watch a battle since whenever you click on it you get a lot of battles to choose from or battles from tiers (do note this is my first time here so this may have been the worst post ever)
Just do /alt [username] in any room on PS and click on the battle url that shows up and you can enter their battle

I'd like a way to spectate high ranking players' battles please. As of now, the battles are listed only from newest to oldest. If there were some way to watch battles based on the players' ratings, it'll really help newbies learn when they watch more experienced players.
I reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly want this too omg

I know this is sort of gimmicky and not sure if this goes here, but I think that it would be awesome to have a format for Gen 6 Pokemon features but Gen 5 weather mechanics (sorta like how we had a format for OU (No stealth rocks) for a little while to see what the game would be like). I'm sure that there are a lot of people who miss the old weather teams, and there are quite a few new Pokemon this gen who would have loved permanent weather to still be around: Hydration Goodra; Heliolisk (freckin' master of all weather teams came a gen too late lol); Mega-Houndoom; Harvest Trevenant(?) etc.
I just think that it would be a fun idea who a lot of people would enjoy.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly want this too omg

I know this is sort of gimmicky and not sure if this goes here, but I think that it would be awesome to have a format for Gen 6 Pokemon features but Gen 5 weather mechanics (sorta like how we had a format for OU (No stealth rocks) for a little while to see what the game would be like). I'm sure that there are a lot of people who miss the old weather teams, and there are quite a few new Pokemon this gen who would have loved permanent weather to still be around: Hydration Goodra; Heliolisk (freckin' master of all weather teams came a gen too late lol); Mega-Houndoom; Harvest Trevenant(?) etc.
I just think that it would be a fun idea who a lot of people would enjoy.
That could be a good idea for an Other Metagame, read this thread first and it may end up becoming a reality :)

Hi there,
I don't know if this has been mentioned but I'd like to make this idea.
All battles on Showdown are with 2 people and many can spectate.
However I would like to suggest a Team Battle kind of idea.
2 plays on each team all with 3 pokemon played in OU.

Even though it is a big ask of the admins to code all of it in and that i reckon it could expand the varsity of Showdown.
Hope everyone could agree with this.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi there,
I don't know if this has been mentioned but I'd like to make this idea.
All battles on Showdown are with 2 people and many can spectate.
However I would like to suggest a Team Battle kind of idea.
2 plays on each team all with 3 pokemon played in OU.

Even though it is a big ask of the admins to code all of it in and that i reckon it could expand the varsity of Showdown.
Hope everyone could agree with this.
They're also on the to do list, planned for the future. Probably fairly low priority right now.

Similar to the /rules command which shows the PS rules, I think there should be a similar command that shows the rules of a specific room
The ROs of the room usually make their own set of rules on a google doc and put it in their room description. You can view the room description by doing /roomdesc in the room you want to see the rules for

Here's an idea I know myself, and several others who use this game think would be good.

I know Pokemon Showdown is dedicated towards competitive battling. And that's great. But most of my friends and myself greatly prefer random. With that said, I have some suggestions.

I think you should flesh out Pokemon Showdown Random Battles. Keeping what you have now, but adding options such as, unevolved Random Battles, and, Gen 1 Random Battles, Gen 2 Random Battles, Gen 3 Random battles, etc.

This narrows down the feel and adds more compelling battles (especially unevolved, giving more use to pokemon that arent normally used or offered) and I think a lot of people would like it.

I know it's probably a lot of work but I'm sure people would be interested.

scene

Banned deucer.
All that would happen is a lot of dead ladders and less people on the actual randbats ladder, along with lots of unloved tiers taking up space and time. There's room for new tiers, but they need to truly justify being made and have a niche and playerbase. New randbats tiers really don't do this.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
I couldn't agree less. I think plenty of people would love it.
Not that many people play the other gens or metgames (definitely not as much as OU or Ubers), so having a randbat for each generation or each format would just generate a bunch of dead ladders as Scene said. If you can get definitive proof that at least one half of the people on Showdown will like the idea and play the ladder regularly I'll support it, but until then, I just don't see why I should.

This message is a blemish on this program. I have questions some times, and it's a lot easier to just ask in chat than to look it up. I think it would be better if everyone could talk in chat after a completed match (six pokemon both sides, not necessary to win, since new players probably won't have much of a chance), but also have a spam guard. For example, if one player types three messages consecutively in chat, they get warned and muted for a minute, then once again for ten, etc.

I've just started on Pokemon Showdown!, and just because one guy spammed, it's a lot less convenient for me.

I'm sure there's a reason that there isn't a spam guard (that I know of), but this system kinda ruins the experience for those getting back into Pokemon; those with plenty of questions. I find that the first week is one of the most important to have a chat at all, so perhaps this could be modified.

(I'm not an undercover spammer, I swear.)

Well most chatrooms that I know of don't turn on autoconfirmed unless there is a huge spam attack.
A week isn't too bad all things considered, since most rooms don't have autoconfirmed on 24/7.
Also the staff of a room function as the spam guard with the ability to warn, mute, and ban.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You can also go to the Mentoring room! We welcome everyone (not if you're a spammer though; we'll ban those), so come on over! Also, the Lobby doesn't always have autoconfirmed on. Just most of the time. It sucks, but it's for the best tbh.

I think you should be able to have more than 2 people chatting with each other in a PM, like make groups of 3-6 people chatting with each other in the PM. I know this will be very useful for a whole bunch of pokemon showdown users and I know that it will be very helpful to AT LEAST league members. Plus, it's a cool idea :) leave your thoughts on who this could he helpful too and reasons why it cannot be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)