Pokémon Azumarill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you guys should consider a very good move from last gen's tutors that nobody knows that Azu gets: Knock Off.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
200 HP, 252 Atk, 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower
- Knock Off

I know it doesn't add too much coverage, but it allows Azumarill to wreck Aegislash, remove items, and generally be an annoyance as well as a nuke. What do you guys think?

Being locked into Knock Off isn't the best idea, if you don't one shot them, then you are locked into a 65 base power attack. Azumarill doesn't seem like a utility poke anyways, it's better off just trying to KO things.

Does anybody use an AV set?

I run...
Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 SDef (just the spread in its in-progress analysis)
- Aqua Jet
- Power-Up Punch / Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

It works pretty well-- PuP & Waterfall both work, but I prefer the former.

It's easy to find time to use PuP on a forced switch, and then you're packing the power of CB with the bulk of AV-- and the ability to switch moves! I use it as a pivot on my offensive team, and it works great. It's best to let it take weaker Special Attacks throughout the match, and only to take bigger hits when it's absolutely necessary. :)

Oh, and Knock Off is good on this set since you don't get locked into it.

I have a vgc-like way of looking at things, my Azumarill runs like this:

252 attack, 252 HP and 4 special defense.

Sitrus Berry/Leftovers as an item.

Belly drum to boost it's attack to the max, and sitrus berry to immediately restore it's HP after use.
Protect to stall for what ever reason.
Aqua Jet is the primary move.
And play rough as a option if aqua jet won't do the job.

What other Non-Mega Pokemon should I add?
Ttar is nice for getting rid of Talonflame. I use the BellyJet set so Talonflame was an issue. Ironically Talonflame is good for getting rid of Venusaur, Azu's nemesis no matter what set it is running.

I use:

Azumarill

252 ATK 252 SPD 4 HP

Aqua Jet
Play Rough
Return
Belly Drum

252 speed allows it to outspeed scizors bullet punch with aquajet, and 2ko`ìng, But taking away some survivability.

I typically switch it in on fire types to set up, aqua jet everything to death that is not resistant to water, and just nuke everything with play rough. I could also use superpower to kill ferro.

I use:

Azumarill

252 ATK 252 SPD 4 HP

Aqua Jet
Play Rough
Return
Belly Drum

252 speed allows it to outspeed scizors bullet punch with aquajet, and 2ko`ìng, But taking away some survivability.

I typically switch it in on fire types to set up, aqua jet everything to death that is not resistant to water, and just nuke everything with play rough. I could also use superpower to kill ferro.
I assume return is for Tentacruel? But yeah, I'd run Superpower for Ferro.

I use:

Azumarill

252 ATK 252 SPD 4 HP

Aqua Jet
Play Rough
Return
Belly Drum

I tried you set out, works wonders that people usually expect the standard:

CB
Aqua Jet
Waterfall
Super Power
Return

If you have the pokes that can answer Azumarills checks/counters, this set can do wonders for any team. I messed around with assault vest and cb from time to time, depending on what I face the most though.

I tried you set out, works wonders that people usually expect the standard:

CB
Aqua Jet
Waterfall
Super Power
Return

If you have the pokes that can answer Azumarills checks/counters, this set can do wonders for any team. I messed around with assault vest and cb from time to time, depending on what I face the most though.
Oh. Forgot to add situs as the item, but that's really only for extra health.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
252 Atk, 252 HP 4 Def
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Super Power
- Facade

Works a dream. Most of the time Priority Band Stab Adamant Att-EV Huge Power Aqua Jet 1/2kho's a hell of a lot things, and I tend to use him as a revenge killker anyways.

If I'm not locked I'll feed Dragons a Play Rough. Superpower gives prettymuch impeccable coverage and facade is for the odd clever goon that Will-o-Wisps.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
252 Atk, 252 HP 4 Def
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Super Power
- Facade

Works a dream. Most of the time Priority Band Stab Adamant Att-EV Huge Power Aqua Jet 1/2kho's a hell of a lot things, and I tend to use him as a revenge killker anyways.

If I'm not locked I'll feed Dragons a Play Rough. Superpower gives prettymuch impeccable coverage and facade is for the odd clever goon that Will-o-Wisps.
Alternatively Life Orb is also good if you want to eliminate being locked in, mine has Belly Drum so it is useless in competitive but it has funny results if I just want to mess around :D

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned these but I didn't see them in the op. Cofagrigus hard counters Azumarill. Or can burn it and, when hit by Azumarill, it removes Huge power >.> It also has amazing defense. Trevenant does well against Azumarill as well.
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Trevenant: 135-160 (36 - 42.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
It can then hit it with Horn Leech
4 Atk Trevenant Horn Leech vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 212-252 (52.4 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Note that it needs a bit of prior damage. This is assuming a fully set up belly drum set. A Choice band set will be countered in a similar way, it would just do less damage with Aqua Jet. Also note that if Azumarill decides to go for Play rough or Ice punch or something then Trevenant will outspeed it.

losedude Belly Drum Azumarill runs enough speed to outspeed 0 Spe Skarmory. So Trevnant is going to get murked by a +6 Play Rough before it gets a Will-o-Wisp or a Horn Leech off.

252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 180+ Def Trevenant: 165-195 (44.1 - 52.1%)
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 180+ Def Trevenant: 658-775 (175.9 - 207.2%)

Ouch.

It's cool that Cofagrigus takes away Azumarill's Huge Power, but it takes a lot on the initial switchin. Also consider that even after Huge Power has been removed by Cofagrigus, Azumarill will still have 210*4 = 840 attack after a Belly Drum. That is still enough power where you could pull off a sweep, it just is not as explosive.

252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cofagrigus: 100-118 (31.2 - 36.8%)
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cofagrigus: 148-175 (46.2 - 54.6%)
+6 252+ Atk Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cofagrigus: 198-234 (61.8 - 73.1%)

Obviously +6 with Huge Power OHKO's

I don't really know why use superpower on the BD set when brick break does the same work without dropping your attack
Well it gives you power to break through a target in case you can't get off a Belly Drum (such as Ferrothorn). Compared to other moves that set up other sweepers, Belly Drum is difficult to pull off because if you aren't at high health, you could put yourself in jeopardy. You bring up a good point though. Really the choice between Brick Break vs Belly Drum comes down on your confidence on your ability to get a Belly Drum and pre-setup power vs safety.

I havent run this but because of its bulk could it be a good wall with sap sipper?
Not really. It's bulk is good for a sweeper, but not really for a wall. It also doesn't have recovery outside of rest and aqua ring. Also with 50 base attack, until you are hit by a grass move, you are set up fodder. There is being creative and then there is just gimmicks.

Ok, so this may seem odd, but has anyone considered Perish Song? When a usual Counter comes in, then you can Perish Song and switch to a set up sweeper, forcing the opponent to switch or die.

Has anyone been messing around with sap sipper Azumarilll? I plan to make one for the troloz but no idea where to start. I plan on using the BD set with aquajet, but other opinions are welcome. Note this is for fun and not for competative use.

I dont think anyone has mentioned this but since females pass egg moves now belly drum plus aqua jet is legal. Seems like the set should at least get a mention

Twilightfairy Encore, Soak and Toxic would be lulzy on Sap Sipper Wallmarill, but I don´t say it works :P

about Band Azumarill:
Before I would even consider Return with it´s bad offensive typing, there are
  1. Ice Punch for early game wall breaking any Venusaur that think they can get an opportunity to Mega-Evolve
  2. Knock Off, a tried and true tool for physical offensive teams to get around Ferrothorn and Venusaurless Stallteams a lot faster
  3. Bulldoze for Tentacruel and for having a chance to kill ≈50% health non-physical defensive Venusaur in late game
  4. support moves like Perish Song, just in case your team is not yet prepared for BatonPass teams and your team does not request a fourth move, hell even Soak might be more useful than Return in the long run!

Last edited:
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Body Slam
- Aqua Jet / Superpower

How is that for a "paraflinch" set? That role, I suppose, is performed better by Jirachi, but Azumarill does have more power and (I think) better coverage.
I'm thinking of slapping AV on this moveset, but what about nature and EV spread? Adamant or Jolly? 252 Speed or 252 HP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)