Pokémon Azumarill

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea I think people were running Jolly Belly Drum a while back before all the Rotom started speed creeping
The only variants of Rotom-W Azumarill will outrun with max Speed and positive nature are Defensive variants (which maybe are the most common sets?). Unless Speed Evs on defensive Rotom-W become a thing... I wouldn't compromise power just to KO Rotom-W. There are better Pokes to stop it.

Last edited:
The only variants of Rotom-W Azumarill will outrun with max Speed and positive nature are Defensive variants (which maybe are the most common sets?). Unless Speed Evs on defensive Rotom-W become a thing... I wouldn't compromise power just to KO Rotom-W. There are better Pokes to stop it.
Do people really invest in speed or do they just slap on a scarf or add aqua jet? because like
Power and bulk are the only things going for it.
they are the only things going for it. I don't think the power loss is really worth it if you run Jolly, though. (As earlier stated in this thread).

I've been running this set in 2 vs 2 and it works a lot :) So good at the moment.

Azumarill @Sitrus Berry
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Attk / 124 Speed
Ability: Huge Power
Nature: Adamant
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
what common/common-ish pokemon do the speed evs let it outspeed?

Hatched a shiny Adamant BellyJet 31/31/16-17/31/31/31 azumarill, do you guys think the defense is enough to work competitively? It's such an awesome shiny and I was primarily concerned with HP/ATK/SPE.

What about the Belly drum set?

Name: Aqua Rabbit of Destruction (What? It's true! It's a powerhouse, after all. :P )
Nature: Adamant
Move 1:Belly drum
Move 2:Aqua jet
Move 3:Play rough
Move 4:Super power/Waterfall/Knock off
Ability:Huge Power
@Sitrus Berry
Ev Spread: 168 HP | 252 Atk | 4 Def | 84 Spe

Honestly, I come across this set more often then the Choice band set.
Once Venusaur is gone and/or anything with priority (Will-o-wisp from Sableye >.< ) , It's time to send in Azumarill. Set up a belly drum to get that nice and powerful +6, Aqua jet is just plain scary with the priority STAB huge power Azumarill, the STAB Play rough is a hard hitting move that'll come in handy if you're not certain Aqua jet will kill, waterfall is there mainly just to act as a more powerful water attack but personally I prefer Super power for Ferrothorns. (Ugh! Those things are annoying.. -.- ). For the Ev spread you don't want too much HP because occasionally after using belly drum, Azumaril's health won't go down to half but barely in the green so it won't be able to eat it's sitrus an get back up to 75%+. The rest of the ev spread explains itself. The speed allows it to out speed Other Azumarills with max HP max Attack in which a +6 Play rough vs. Max Hp 0 Def azumarill is Guaranteed to OHKO.

Last edited:
So it can learn BD from itself? They should put that in the Bulbapedia page then
No-no, you breed them one by one. First you breed Belly Drum, then breed the Azumarill with Belly Drum with a parent which knows Aqua Jet. Or vice versa, the order doesn't matter
(I also feel that this belongs in the SQSA thread)

I've been running this Azumarill for a while now. My team appreciates its set as it still gives it a boosting option and longevity with Leftovers w/o being locked in by something like CB or throwing away survivability for 1 chance to sweep with BD.

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Adamant
Huge Power
132 HP / 252 Att / 124 Spe
-Aqua Jet
-Power Up Punch
-Waterfall
-Play Rough

The reason for this spread is to outrun Scizor before it mega evolves also so I can pick it off w/ AJ before it uses Bullet Punch if Azumarill cant switch in again.

Was wondering if this spread is worth keeping or if I should do something like increase or decrease speed in order to gain more bulk or outrun something like Skarmory. I'm EVing it in-game so was wondering if anyone can help me out with a Lv 50 spread. Not really looking towards changing the set though as I find it can get a free PuP from time to time but mainly am hoping I can get some suggestions for alternative EV spreads? Sorry if this isnt the place to ask. Dont know if this is "simple" to put in the SQSA thread.

The reason for this spread is to outrun Scizor before it mega evolves also so I can pick it off w/ AJ before it uses Bullet Punch if Azumarill cant switch in again.
Point of clarification, Mega Evolutions take place before anything else. You might outspeed the Mega Scizor, but you wouldn't be able to hit it before it Mega Evolved

Point of clarification, Mega Evolutions take place before anything else. You might outspeed the Mega Scizor, but you wouldn't be able to hit it before it Mega Evolved
Yeah but I know there is no way I'll be getting past Mega Scizor anyways. Its mainly for those situations I got 1 last hit or if it Roosts I can hit it with a Waterfall if it didnt Mega Evolve yet or just switched in. Also for the CB sets locked into anything other than BP which Azumarill can take near anything else it commonly runs.

mega azumarill any1 im just glad that steel isnt super effective
Let's not talk about things that probably won't happen. Mega Azumarill (if it happens) will be thrown into Ubers faster than you can say 'Huge Power'

Now for my question. Which set it better, Banded or Assualt Vest? I often switch between the two. It's great to have the extra bulk but the raw power is amazing. I know they're two different sets but I need a little advice on this one. :/

Now for my question. Which set it better, Banded or Assualt Vest? I often switch between the two. It's great to have the extra bulk but the raw power is amazing. I know they're two different sets but I need a little advice on this one. :/
I find myself running Assault Vest most of the time. The extra bulk is fantastic for offensive teams, and I'm always finding myself wanting to switch moves and being forced out when I run CB, not to mention being weaker to Keldeo and stuff I'm supposed to be checking.

Is it ever worth running an expert belt set in order to bluff a cb set? The loss in power is pretty significant, but I was wondering if the extra damage from expert belt outweighs the sp. defense boost from assault vest.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is it ever worth running an expert belt set in order to bluff a cb set? The loss in power is pretty significant, but I was wondering if the extra damage from expert belt outweighs the sp. defense boost from assault vest.
In most scenarios, AV azumarill is the most useful set being able to switch into the likes of greninja and Latios. A choice band set is good, but the lack of bulk can suck at times. An expert belt would not be worth it imo because it lacks the power of cb and the bulk of av, as you kinda pointed out.

Patolegend!

Fan of 1000 Arrow 'Slash
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Sorry for necro-ing this thread, but I have a rather peculiar request. My BD Azu team is extremely weak to SD Talon and I was wondering if there was an EV spread that can survive a hit after BD and SR (so 63%), while maintaining max attack, preventing Talon revenging me?

I'm running the standard set:

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough / Waterfall

This outspeeds min-Skarm but not Talon:

252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 88 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 207-244 (57 - 67.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

But was thinking of the following:

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Def / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough / Waterfall

This lets it survive 100%:

252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 48 HP / 80 Def Azumarill: 187-222 (52.9 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

While also outspeeding min-speed Scizor. What I want to know is if outspeeding Skarm is that important, as it can't do anything to Azu?

I'm not sure if the above EVs are efficient, but it'd be really helpful to be able to beat the damned bird!

Sorry for necro-ing this thread, but I have a rather peculiar request. My BD Azu team is extremely weak to SD Talon and I was wondering if there was an EV spread that can survive a hit after BD and SR (so 63%), while maintaining max attack, preventing Talon revenging me?

I'm running the standard set:

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough / Waterfall

This outspeeds min-Skarm but not Talon:

252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 88 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 207-244 (57 - 67.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

But was thinking of the following:

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Def / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough / Waterfall

This lets it survive 100%:

252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 48 HP / 80 Def Azumarill: 187-222 (52.9 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

While also outspeeding min-speed Scizor. What I want to know is if outspeeding Skarm is that important, as it can't do anything to Azu?

I'm not sure if the above EVs are efficient, but it'd be really helpful to be able to beat the damned bird!
Skarmory tends to run Counter as it's only attacking move, so I wouldn't worry about being revenge killed. However, it will be able to Defog away your hazards before it goes down, or be able to get up Stealth Rock, or do something else (Toxic, Taunt?). If you're okay with that, you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)