Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - Pokemon Showdown! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orphic

perhaps
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The only thing i can think of is that one or more of your moves comes from an event sableye which doesnt have prankster so they are not compatible.

how come there is no echoed voice on the damage calculator? i wanted to see how much it can do with Megardevoir.

Is it just me, or do more people get the "2 battles at once glitch" recently? I only click look for a battle once, and sometimes it decides to give me 2. . .

Well, I'm trying to make a server, I port forwarded (I believe I did it correctly, I followed instructions specifically, used the correct Ip address, TCP ect), however I am unable to connect to the server when I attempt to test it on anything other than local host. Can someone give me any advice or possible reasons to the faulty connection? Thanks you (btw I haven't actuallly asked for it to be inlucded on the server list yet, I just want to be able to connect first)

You use a localhost to test to see if it's working, and it does work. So i tried to connect to my actual live server and it won't connect, so i doubt that's it. Thank you, anyway.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Indeed you should be able to connect via the same URL as everyone else.

If you have not registered your server this will be your IP address followed by port, example: 123.456.789.001:8000

You can can a .psim.us link to your server by registering, which you can do by asking in #showdown on irc.synirc.net

Hey, I did what you said with the IP, it takes me to PS!'s home page rather than my server..this supposed to happen or..?

EDIT; everything is fine now. thanks for your help!

Double EDIT: nope, no one else can connect. i gotta reg it first?

Last edited:

Orphic

perhaps
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Win a rated battle or register in the settings in the top right (looks like a gear). Registration will never be closed!

I searched through the topic so I'm sorry if this has been asked before.

I played PS! for about an hour yesterday, was pretty cool, had never done it before, but every time I finished a battle it told me the ladder was (probably) updated. I understand that I won't show up on the ladder until I get my deviation down (which I don't entirely understand, to be sure, but I don't care just a TON as long as it works), but if it's (probably) updating, is it...actually...updating? Is there any way of checking? Is there a setting somewhere I need to click?

Okay I posted in the Technical Support thread but evidently no one is answering anything there so...

For the past few weeks, every time I open up the Showdown webpage or program I get an error message saying "Couldn't connect to server!" in red. I can't access the main PS server but I successfully was able to connect to the Frost server & Pandora server. Any help?

Internet Tough Guy is my username.

Question: So this afternoon I was playing PS and stuff and it was fine and dandy.

Tried to get on tonight, and whenever I click the "Play Online" box, instead of sending me to the simulator, it sends me to the place where you can download it. Please help! I don't have the room to download it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)