Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dialganet

Banned deucer.
I didn't, but something even sillier is happening to me. It happens that I've obtained all event IV gen legendaries through hacking the event in-game (I've hacked to get the event, I haven't insert a code and... puf... wild Arceus appears), and it does let me pass them, bar Arceus, which, for strange reasons and unlike Manaphy Darkai etc... is considered not legal. Other example: my event Mew isn't getting through. Also, it appears that no Jirachi manage to get to X/Y.

My gamestop Jirachi got through.

Here's another question: can you soft-reset for the regenerator ho-oh from dream radar, and is there a shiny possibility?

Here's another question: can you soft-reset for the regenerator ho-oh from dream radar, and is there a shiny possibility?
Pretty sure no, however, back when Bank wasn't out in US/Europe I cloned a shiny multiscale Lugia so it should still go through.

How does Krookodile and Arcanine fare in the meta?

What counters Greninja and MLuke?
Arcanine is outclassed by the other Fire-types in OU, above all Heatran, so it got rejected for OU analysis. Krookodile has a few niches of Moxie sweeping and, surprisingly, defensive utility with Knock Off and Intimidate. It doesn't have the best defences for that role though, and it's weak to a lot of common priority.

Greninja counters are generally things with high SDef, but probably the safest things to switch in are the blobs and Clefable. Assault Vest mons can work, but you do have to watch out for random coverage moves (Extrasensory for Conkeldurr, for example)

As for M-Lucario... well, good luck, you'll need it! But if you're looking for something close, it depends on the set (physical and special, of which there are at least two subvariants each, all with different counters). Zapdos is probably the closest thing to a "safe" switch, but it will be worn down by Stealth Rock and if it carries Ice Punch or if Dark Pulse flinches, you'll lose.

Last edited:

No, stuff from the Dream Radar can't be shiny.

On a Timid Victini, is V Create still recommended, or should I go with something else?

As long as you don't come in on a Water-type move, CB Talonflame can counter Greninja.

252 Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 297-349 (103.8 - 122%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Mega Luke is not easy to counter by any means. Off the top of my head, Azumarill and Clefable can both do it.

Azumarill
(Turn 1, Switching in Azumarill)
252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 171-202 (42.3 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO

(Turn 2, Killing Lucario)
252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 171-202 (42.3 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Superpower vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Lucario: 354-418 (125.9 - 148.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Clefable
(Turn 1, Switching in Clefable)
252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 124-147 (31.4 - 37.3%) -- 85.4% chance to 3HKO

(Turn 2, Killing Lucario)
252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 168-200 (42.6 - 50.7%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO
4 SpA Life Orb Clefable Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Lucario: 265-312 (94.3 - 111%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Those are actually checks, and very shaky ones at that.

Clefable will die from +2 Bullet Punch (or two Bullet Punches if Unaware is used, while you can't OHKO back) with minimal prior damage, and even unboosted Flash Cannon will instantly kill the common physically defensive Clefable (and kills all variants at +2).
  • 252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 184-220 (46.7 - 55.8%) -- 17.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • +2 252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 336-396 (85.2 - 100.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
  • 252 SpA Adaptability Mega Lucario Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Clefable: 404-476 (102.5 - 120.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Azumarill also falls from +2 Flash Cannon and even possibly +2 Close Combat after Stealth Rock, while you will never KO with Aqua Jet. Only Assault Vest Azumarill can answer the special set (and only the special set)
  • +2 252 SpA Adaptability Mega Lucario Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Azumarill: 442-520 (109.4 - 128.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • +2 252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 341-402 (84.4 - 99.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

What is the difference between the OU ladder and the suspect ladder?
OU ladder: the current OU metagame
Suspect ladder: the OU metagame with the 3 current suspects (Mega Lucario, Genesect, Deoxys-S) banned
If you want to vote on their ban, you need an ELO ranking of over 1700 with a Glicko 1 deviaton of less than 50. You are able to vote for one to be banned but another to remain in OU if you make requirements.

Megaluke is like Lando-I in Gen 5 in that it can come in and hit like an absolute tank on both sides of the damage spectrum (although Lando-I was much more powerful specially since it had more special moves that took advantage of sheer force), and there's absolutely no telling which it'll be until it moves. Even then I've seen NP Meganukes Megalukes with Close Combat for wallbreaking which still hurts like crazy without attack investment because of that huge adaptability boost. Also it's so fast that after a boost pretty much everything else dies first and the only way to even force it out is with AV Conk after a KO. Even then it almost dies to +2 flash cannon, and it has a chance to be OHKOd after SR. (it can't OHKO with Mach Punch)

But how about Jellicent? Resists both STABs, so that works right? Nup, even specially defensive variants get 2HKOd by +2 shadow ball/dark pulse. Maybe it gets in a scald burn before it goes down, but that won't really help against special Megaluke. If it switches in on a Shadow Ball instead of a NP, it still only takes one scald (which isn't even a 2HKO anyway) because Jelli switches in, then Megaluke NPs while taking a scald, and then KOs, especially after SR. CB Talonflame might be your only hope because it resists Luke's STAB and priority except extremespeed, and can come in on a boosting move and threaten with Flare Blitz. BUT...it has to be Jolly which nobody really runs or it will be outsped and take a +2 Flash Cannon which doesn't quite OHKO but it will after SR and at the very least it will go down after recoil damage.

Ninja is countered by Ferro if it doesn't have HP Fire, i.e. when fighting on the 3ds. But Ninja is just too versatile to have any specific all-purpose counters. It can even run a physical set, and evade being checked by CB Talonflame with Water Shuriken. All it needs is 4 hits or prior damage (stealth rocks, anyone? Prior recoil damage?) to KO. Careful T-tar can sort of do it, it still won't like a hydro pump but with lefties it might not be 2HKOd. The problem of course is that then he doesn't have the power to OHKO back. Ferro is probably your best shot since HP Fire won't OHKO and power whip will, but it's only a check and a shaky one at best.

What the best ev spread for ShuffleNite?

The set I've been using has been:
~ Dragon Tail
~ Earthquake
~ Roost
~ Light Screen

252 HP/ 252 SpD/ 4 Def

But I'm wondering if there's a better spread, or some speed tiers I hit by investing in Spe.

I have the following RNG'ed legends from Gen IV, and I was wondering if any of these are still viable this gen.

Jirachi, Careful, 31/31/31/9/31/31
Jirachi, Jolly, 31/31/31/9/31/31
Latias, Timid, 31/31/30/30/31/30 (HP Fire)
Heatran, Calm, 31/31/31/31/31/31
Zapdos, Timid, Pressure, 30/3/30/31/31/31 (HP Ice)
Celebi, Modest, 31/22/31/30/31/30 (HP Fire)
Celebi, Bold, 31/22/31/30/31/30 (HP Fire)
Latios, Timid, 31/31/31/31/31/31
Latios, Timid, 30/18/31/30/31/30 (HP Fire)

I toiled a long time for these, and I'd hate to see them go to waste.

[edit] Sorry if this question isn't simple enough for the purposes of the thread.

Last edited:

BurningMan

fueled by beer
I have the following RNG'ed legends from Gen IV, and I was wondering if any of these are still viable this gen.

Jirachi, Careful, 31/31/31/9/31/31
Jirachi, Jolly, 31/31/31/9/31/31
Latias, Timid, 31/31/30/30/31/30 (HP Fire)
Heatran, Calm, 31/31/31/31/31/31
Zapdos, Timid, Pressure, 30/3/30/31/31/31 (HP Ice)
Celebi, Modest, 31/22/31/30/31/30 (HP Fire)
Celebi, Bold, 31/22/31/30/31/30 (HP Fire)
Latios, Timid, 31/31/31/31/31/31
Latios, Timid, 30/18/31/30/31/30 (HP Fire)

I toiled a long time for these, and I'd hate to see them go to waste.

[edit] Sorry if this question isn't simple enough for the purposes of the thread.
Yeah those are all still great Pokemon although Hidden Power is a little less viable now because of the BP nerf and especially Lati@s hate losing the Spe IV (still HP Fire is perfectly viable on both). Timid zapdos isn't too great since offensive variants are mostly outclassed by Thundurus and most prefer bold/calm to be better defensively, but its not horrible and maybe running enough EVs to outspeed neutral base 80s is a good idea. Celebi isn't too great now because its mostly outclassed by Mega-Venu, but it is still viable. Calm Heatran is great because SDef Heatran is its premier set now since it is able to check a myrad of threats.
I am not sure about Jirachi as it sees very little use right now, but i suspect that it will regain popularity when the meta game settled a little more.

Just make sure to teach Zapdos/Lati@s Defog before you transfer them as this their primary niche this Gen (it got buffed to remove all hazards on the field making it a unblockable Rapid Spin that also removes your own hazards)

Hey guys, I'd like to get a Lucario from someone for a SD set. I'll be using MegaLuke. Problem is, I don't know which nature to use. I know the adamant one wrecks souls, but I've been hearing people say jolly is better. I'm not sure if the power drop is significant or if the speed increase is worth it. Could someone enlighten me to pros and cons of both? I know I'll be using SD + CC. The other moves are up for grabs at the moment, because I'm not sure what I want/need to hit. I'd also like to hear the pros and cons of Bullet Punch/Extremespeed.

I want to unban Blaziken, but to unban a Blaze Blaziken and ban Speed Boost Blaziken and Mega Blaziken. I know it's a complex ban but I don't see the problem if this is made as a special case:

Why a "special case"?
-Because there's clearly a huge difference between Blaze Blaziken and Speed Boost Blaziken. Speed Boost is clearly Uber, Blaze Blaziken is expected to be UU/RU.
-The majority of the Ubers don't have Hidden Abilities (or had them Unreleased). And the only ones in my mind are Mewtwo (not a difference), Lugia (still broken), Ho-oH (still broken), Dialga (not a difference), Palkia (not a difference), Giratina (not a difference).

I only apply this complex ban ONLY:
-If the broken ability is a Hidden Ability.
-If the standard ability is clearly not broken in any way.
-The pokemon is not on the banlist of Nintendo.
-Only applies to the banlist of OU/Ubers. The other banlists BL/UU, BL2/RU, BL3/NU won't have case of this (sorry, Competitive Gothitelle won't be allowed if it's banned in a higher tier that's not OU because Shadow Tag).

And the complex ban is NOT a precedent to banning item + Pokemon, moves + Pokemon, separate pokemon by abilities. No ban Air Slash Shaymin Sky (which I think it can be handled in OU now; but is uncompetitive), no ban Dark Void Darkrai, and other cases like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)