Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats a good set for offensive and defensive Roserade?

Offensive @ Black Sludge/Life Orb
Timid 4hp/252 spatk/speed
-Sleep Powder/Dazzling Gleam
-Sludge Bomb
-Leaf Storm/Giga Drain
-Rest

Defensive @ Black Sludge
Calm 252hp/spdef/4spatk
-Sleep Powder/Aromatherapy
-Sludge Bomb/Aromatherapy
-Giga Drain
-Toxic Spikes

It also gets Synthesis, Leech Seed, Spikes, Grass Knot, Rest (defensive set).
Can't decide between moves. Help please?
I used this set in 5th Gen.

Offensive Roserade
Roserade @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
Ability: Natural Cure
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder / Dazzling Gleam
- Rest

I added Dazzling Gleam for the hell of it but Leaf Storm does more damage to basically everything you're gonna be using Dazzling Gleam on from the top of my head.

Defensive Roserade
Roserade @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Nature: Calm (+SpD, -SpA)
- Spikes
- Aromatherapy / Sleep Powder
- Synthesis / Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb

If your team is in dire need of a cleric, then use Aromatherapy. The reason I don't even slash Toxic Spikes is the amount of Pokemon in the OU metagame (since I believe you're talking about this tier) are basically immune to it (Rotom-Forms, Genies, Steel-types, Levitaters) or can absorb it (Mega-Venusaur). If you do want Toxic Spikes for whatever reason then feel free to add it but yeah.

I used this set in 5th Gen.

Offensive Roserade
Roserade @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder / Dazzling Gleam
- Rest

I added Dazzling Gleam for the hell of it but Leaf Storm does more damage to basically everything you're gonna be using Dazzling Gleam on from the top of my head.

Defensive Roserade
Roserade @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Nature: Calm (+SpD, -SpA)
- Spikes
- Aromatherapy / Sleep Powder
- Synthesis / Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb

If your team is in dire need of a cleric, then use Aromatherapy. The reason I don't even slash Toxic Spikes is the amount of Pokemon in the OU metagame (since I believe you're talking about this tier) are basically immune to it (Rotom-Forms, Genies, Steel-types, Levitaters) or can absorb it (Mega-Venusaur). If you do want Toxic Spikes for whatever reason then feel free to add it but yeah.
Sounds good to me. But why not Giga Drain on the defensive set? Stab and heal. Over Sludge Bomb or Synthesis.

Could if you wanted to, forgot to slash it but stronger, 30% poison chance, and with the introduction of fairies, just deemed it the more viable STAB option while also dealing decent damage to incoming Fire-types. Giga Drain alone isn't enough recovery especially with no investment, won't be hitting hard unless you want it to hurt Rotom-W.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok, ive been breeding honedge:
31 / 31 / x / 31 / 31 / 0
x / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 0 (both quiet)
Hunting a 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / x
I have getting unlucky (according to a calc) and after about 50 eggs, i havent got what i want. Instead, i have git a few 4 31 Iv's with 0 in spe. Are those worth anything? The 0 in speed was on the origonal and got passed through randomly.

Its ok, i just got a 30 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 0

Last edited:
Is there a list here, on serebii or any other place with the Hidden Abilities, Egg moves and other things that require pokebank?
The only one I can think right now is Qwilfish with Intimidate, Elgyem with Analytic and Gardevoir with Hyper Voice.

I know that the earlier thread on Volcanion, Diancie, and Hoopa - the unreleased Kalos legendary trio - was closed due to lack of information. Now that their (rough) stats and some moves have been leaked, would it be okay to open a new thread on them? (Of course it's possible that the leak is fake and I'm just getting overexcited).

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I know that the earlier thread on Volcanion, Diancie, and Hoopa - the unreleased Kalos legendary trio - was closed due to lack of information. Now that their (rough) stats and some moves have been leaked, would it be okay to open a new thread on them? (Of course it's possible that the leak is fake and I'm just getting overexcited).
If it was up to me I wouldn't allow it. We literally have 0 confirmed information other than the fact that they exist in the game's code.

dialganet

Banned deucer.
I just got a Max speed naive Meloetta. Since I must outspeed timid greninja and there's nothing relevant between 122 and 128, assuming a level 50 battle, how many speed evs do I need to outspeed ninja? And is the mixed set with max spatk still the way to go?

Now Pokebank is out, What pokemon are good but need a Transfer only move to make them better for example Gardevoir if mega needs Hyper voice are there any others? sorry that question is vague and quite broad.

I just got a Max speed naive Meloetta. Since I must outspeed timid greninja and there's nothing relevant between 122 and 128, assuming a level 50 battle, how many speed evs do I need to outspeed ninja? And is the mixed set with max spatk still the way to go?
212 if it's timid max speed Greninja, which I think is what generally gets run. 208 if it was level 100 battles.

Now Pokebank is out, What pokemon are good but need a Transfer only move to make them better for example Gardevoir if mega needs Hyper voice are there any others? sorry that question is vague and quite broad.
Lots of Pokemon can only get Stealth Rock from the tutor. Machamp and Conkeldurr both seriously appreciate getting Knock Off from the tutor as well; it makes AV Conk especially a sheer nightmare to switch in on. Really there's too many to list.

A special attacking Sylveon does appreciate having Hyper Voice, too, for what it's worth; the only way to do this is to teach a HA Eevee Hyper Voice then transfer it.

dialganet

Banned deucer.
On a related note, does offsprings inherit gen V move tutor moves through breeding (Knock off male Conk, for example)?

On a related note, does offsprings inherit gen V move tutor moves through breeding (Knock off male Conk, for example)?
No.

Speaking of Conkeldurr, should I go 252 HP/252 Attack for AV, or 252 SpD/252 Attack? Also, on a Timid Victini, is V Create still the preferred option, or am I better off running something else?

Are there any Idiot's Guide to PokeBank/Transporter out there? This idiot could certainly use one.

...does it still let those filthy dirty legal hacks through?

If it was up to me I wouldn't allow it. We literally have 0 confirmed information other than the fact that they exist in the game's code.
I think there's more information now though. Does this count as confirmed information?
VolcanionLeak.jpg
EDIT: There's one for each of the trio, this is just an example.

When using Foul Play, your own Atk stat isn't used for calculation. Is it safe to assume that using a -Atk nature wouldn't weaken its damage output as compared to a neutral Atk nature or a +Atk nature?

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
I think there's more information now though. Does this count as confirmed information?
View attachment 8606
EDIT: There's one for each of the trio, this is just an example.
Those have been out for ages, did you really only just hear about them?

The problem with them is that:
- we don't know their whole move pools
- we don't know their abilities
- we can only make rough guesses about their stats

It's different from when BW started and we knew all about keldeo, genesect, etc because we could decompile the game. We can't do that with 3DS games (yet) so any "discussion" will just end up being "I hope it learns this" or "I hope this is its ability so it can do this" and so on. There's really nothing to discuss.

Are there any Idiot's Guide to PokeBank/Transporter out there? This idiot could certainly use one.

...does it still let those filthy dirty legal hacks through?
The hack detection is better than it was in december but it's still pretty easy to trick.
Event legendaries are a pain to transfer though, especially if they've been edited. (Apparently it even blocks legit shiny WISHMKR jirachis)

It blocked my 100% legit extremespeed linoone from box. That is just really annoying. I couldn't transfer my shaymin either, which is a bit more understandable as I glitched to get to the island, but it's still not technically hacked! With all the reports of actual hacked pokemon getting through, this is just beyond annoying.

Anyone else get their linoones blocked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)