Danganronpa (watch it) (the anime) (no one who played the game talk here please)

RODAN

Banned deucer.
i think it would be cool to discuss the various murders and our theories on who did what

also for the uninformed

A group of 15 elite high school students are gathered at a very special, high class high school. To graduate from this high school essentially means you'll succeed in life, but graduating is very difficult. The school is presided over by a bear called Monokuma, and he explains to them that their graduation hinges around committing a murder. The only way to graduate is to kill one of your classmates and get away with it. If the other classmates discover the identity of the killer, the killer is the only one executed. However, if they fail to catch the killer, only the killer graduates and the others are annihilated. Which of the 15 will survive the bloodbath to come?

also maybe post thoughts on the show???

I've played this and the sequel, but I really want to stick around and contribute as unspoilery as possible.
However, I would really really advise against watching it before you get a chance to play, the anime has already left out some details of medium significance, and the lack of free time events (think Persona social links) make you miss out on character development. I think the most fun part of these mystery VNs is trying to guess the solutions on your own, and the anime doesn't give you all the information the game does until halfway through the trial.

Eh, the cases are pretty much the only things that interest me. Playing the game would probably be a better idea (agree with moonbound) but laziness.

I don't think there will be any discussion going on here because you get most of the facts on the cases in the same ep where they're solved (assuming this is a trend - haven't watched ep5 yet).

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I personally would play the games but ffs, lack of English version being readily available atm makes me cry. I have been enjoying the anime thus far as a substitute.

Acklow

kk, I'll look into it. I do know they plan on releasing it for vita in the US in 2014, so I may just wait till then...

I'm really enjoying it so far, I'm weary that it might fall into this cycle of *someone commiting a murder* then the next episode is the trial, but I'm hoping that won't be the case.

I'm really enjoying it so far, I'm weary that it might fall into this cycle of *someone commiting a murder* then the next episode is the trial, but I'm hoping that won't be the case.
It most likely will be considering they have a lot of story to cover and can't afford to make episodes without advancing the plot. I've seen people hoping that they'd skip some of the cases, which is possible? Who knows.

Alice

The worst taste in music
I think it will come down more on the approach to those cases, rather than skipping them or just establish a routine; perhaps including more character interaction -some parts of the "slinks"- and so would help the cause here...

EDIT: human butter wtf :S

Last edited:

Acklow

gg, I need 10.7 to download XCode and I have 10.6.8... guess I'll just wait patiently until they release it in the states...

It most likely will be considering they have a lot of story to cover and can't afford to make episodes without advancing the plot. I've seen people hoping that they'd skip some of the cases, which is possible? Who knows.
Unless it has an original ending, in which...who knows. It sounds like Devil Survivor 2 all over again.

13 episodes is just not enough for a video game adaptation, I think.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Watched this at the request of Rodan, I like it. Describing it as similar to Phoenix Wright was a very good way to get me interested and, while not as good as AA's, I still enjoy the OBJECTIONS.

When I heard this was a game I considered playing it first but I don't have the patience to go with that over whats right in front of me. Like moonbound, I get a kick out of putting together the evidence myself and this anime makes that a bit difficult (more with the first murder than the second imo). Speaking of the first murder, unless I misunderstood, it sounded sort of justified and made me see that punishment as much more gruesome. Since self-defense isn't considered or cared about in the trials I expect one of the students to manipulate at least one murder, Togami would seem like an easy choice but it's too obvious. 13 episodes isn't a lot so I hope this doesn't become rushed to the point where even someone that hasn't played the game would become annoyed.

Eh, the cases are pretty much the only things that interest me. Playing the game would probably be a better idea (agree with moonbound) but laziness.
I'm a consistent idiot so I spent the last two days watching gameplay of case 3 onwards on the tubes. Can't say I'm not satisfied. Not spectacular but pretty good.

Acklow

I'm pretty sure he meant anime. Reason being Rodan probably nagging him to watch it. :P

I like it myself tbh. Even though it may not do the game justice I still enjoy watching the show.

Bumping because final episode

Seriously though, what did you guys think?

I didn't think it was great, but they couldn't have done much better in 13 episodes with that source material. DR is like 999/VLR where the second game is far better than the first but for this one you probably need the first story to understand the second.

Last edited:

Acklow

I dunno. I think that overall the story is ok (I'm sure it's just as meh ingame, and this is comparing it to other VNs/Manga-based-on-VNs that I have read). My only issue is that the anime's credits pretty much foreshadowed everything too easily...

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Really shitty ending. When they opened the door at the end it should have shown a post apocalyptic barren wasteland and then cut to black. That was really the only way I would have been satisfied with that episode ending.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hijacking this thread to tell ya'll that you're dumb-dumbs and that you need to play the game immediately

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)