Other The OU Theorymon Project (CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harvest is awesome, but with talonflame and the zards and pinsir running around everywhere, along with the oft-present ice attacks, means harvest won't save torterra, at least not in OU.

Now, fur coat arcanine sounds awesome.

(Slight nitpick, but wouldn't fur coat ninetales been better? It has baby doll eyes, which is like a pseudo intimidate, and far more support moves and: 252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Ninetales: 142-168 (40.5 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO)

Oh yeah, Parting Shot Scrafty is a great idea, i'm wondering why i didn't think about that. This moves will give it tools to diferentiate itself from conkeldurr and will allow a great ability of creating momentum, maybe better than U-turn.

I wondered in the past what pokemon could have fur coat, and when you look for that, you notive there are few furry pokemons ... Arcanine have a fur right, is this new ability will bring it more than intimidates ? Obviously yes, but arcanine stay a fire type, taking 25% on SR, recoil damages on flare blitz/wild charge, i'm not sure that will allow it the possibility to shine in OU.

Harvest Torterra, well let's take all the grass pokemon from 1st generation and give them harvest, they will probably make something of that ability, but i think the strategy around harvest slow down the game and have no synergy with the other teamates, so no.

No Guard Noivern, it's interesting, but see only two moves taking profit of this new abilities : focus blast and hurricane. That means loosing a good abilty named infiltrador that allows it to check Kyurem-B, even behind a sub, but why not ...

Fully invested Fur Coat Arcanine would have 90/209 physical defense, along with Moonlight and Will-o-Wisp and decent offense. As much love as Arcanine needs, it's a little OP. Giving stuff Fur Coat is like giving stuff Huge Power, I thought we weren't doing that.

Gonna go with Parting Shot Scrafty. Parting Shot is a crazy good move, the only problem with it is that it's only on an unfortunately bad pokemon.

Best combination of how much it makes sense and how interesting it would be competitively is definitely Parting Shot Scrafty.

The fact that Scrafty and Pangoro both have 58 base speed annoys me greatly.

I'm kind of indecisive with all these, so I guess I'll go with Harvest Torterra because it seems most interesting to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)