Media One Piece (spoilers!)

Ussop is the weakest member of the Straw Hat crew.

The Straw Hat Pirates are an infamous group of badasses.

There is the monster trio of Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji which are, fitting the description, absolute monsters in terms of power. However, there is also crew members like Nami and Chopper facing off against people like CP9 agents- the world governments top assassins and winning. To top it off, all of this action is before the time skip. This is before they become even bigger badasses. The caveat is that the world government really hasn't seen their growth which, trust me, will change by the time this Dressrosa saga is over. It wasn't until the Straw Hat Crew saved a country from a warlord that the world really started to take them seriously, a feat that draws many parallels to the current situation.

When talking about Ussop, it needs to be understood that he's not the type of fighter that destroys an enemy with a punch, kick, or slash. He fights on his toes, and thinks both strategically and tactically. The best example of this is Ussop fighting against Perona. After reminding himself that his crew's survival was at stake, he found Perona's weakness and destroyed her offscreen. Then, after being separated from the rest of his crew, he spent two years on an island where everything was trying to kill him, even the island itself. He returned with confidence in his fighting abilities, and where he would once hate getting involved in fighting enemies, he now willing starts kicking ass. His quote sums up his change in ability and personality quite well:

One, two, on the third step you will get shot by me and that'll be it!... Oh man, I'm losing my edge. I used to bluff better in the past, but now I can actually do these things!
Oda's has been doing a very good job of slowly showing how much the Straw Hats have gotten stronger post timeskip. Franky was just shown obliterating Donflamingo's mooks and curbstoping his officers. It's only a matter of time until we see just how far Ussop has come as well.

If you ever think Ussop is a wimp, or that he can't be a badass when he needs to be, this scene proves otherwise:

And it's also been a while since Robin fight somebody strong (oh wait, i can't remember one). This is her mighty chance.

Robin vs Trebol will be great, but Robin vs Sugar will be a challenge, considering it's almost impossible for Rob to use her fruit ability against Sugar

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Wait theres people in here not giving Ussop a chance? He's probably going to kick Trebols ass, still undecided if it's going to be him alone or Robin + Dwarves will help out.
sry to break it to you but ussop has 0% to solo

I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that it will come down to Ussop sniping the drug into Sugar's mouth, and then the transformed gladiators like Cavendish just trashing Trebol, the port, and maybe the factory. These guys are gonna be pissed once the Hobi Hobi no Mi's effect wears off.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Also, I'm guessing defeating Sugar won't turn all the toys back to their original forms. Just like defeating Moriah wouldn't have returned all the shadows, if he hadn't been using Shadow Asgard.

Also, I'm guessing defeating Sugar won't turn all the toys back to their original forms. Just like defeating Moriah wouldn't have returned all the shadows, if he hadn't been using Shadow Asgard.
I thought they specifically said in the manga that Sugar's powers wear off once she's knocked completely unconscious. the Hobi Hobi no Mi's weakness is described as:

Knocking the user unconscious will cancel out all the transformation and memory modification effects. Also, as the aging process stops the moment the fruit is consumed, the user's age at the moment of consumption may be taken into consideration of the rest of their lives, seen when the current user, Sugar, is in the form of a little girl who needs others to protect her.
the Kage Kage no Mi fruit seems to work in a completely different matter. The only similarity I see is that the victims can lose their free will.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I thought they specifically said in the manga that Sugar's powers wear off once she's knocked completely unconscious. the Hobi Hobi no Mi's weakness is described as:

the Kage Kage no Mi fruit seems to work in a completely different matter. The only similarity I see is that the victims can lose their free will.
Ah ok, I thought that was just an assumption made by the Tontatta and The Soldier.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, and I thought Luffy was dumb for getting beat by Caeser once-- the tontattas take stupid to a whole new level.

(though to be fair, dumb or not, I expect better of luffy considering how much of the world he's seen and his training)

I wonder how Luffy will fair against Donflamingo. Crocodile kicked Luffy's ass twice, and is famous for giving Luffy his first outright defeat. I'd argue that Donflamingo is more dangerous, can use his "Parasite" attack to force a fight between Luffy and Zoro. I'm sure Zoro could cut the strings, but a Whiskey Peak like scenario where they can't control their actions is horrifying.

Don't forget, Donflamingo isn't just smart, the Ito Ito No Mi is a powerful fruit gives him tremendous power. Not Gura Gura no Mi level power, but huge power nonetheless.

Last edited:
Well. Can't say I saw that coming. However, Aldaron predicted it 6 months ago, so I guess I just wasn't thinking about it hard enough.

Last edited:

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
One of the bug Tontatta said "Leo's SOP" plan, so SOP stands for Save Our Princess???

Anyway, nice to see Kyros / Curos (whatever the translation) is the toy soldier, though if he can't beat Lao G, a non exec, I don't see how he stands a chance against DD.

I guess an easy assumption to make is that toy form is a lot weaker than real form? So a lot rides on Usopp / Robin going back to do battle with Trebol / Sugar, which is nice.

As for a minor thing, I really liked Diamante stepping on Rebecca's foot so she couldn't dance around...he's been mostly a gimmick so far this arc and seeing some evil from is nice (mocking about dead mother).

uragg

Walking the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
is a Contributor Alumnus
bleh too many fights going on at once ganna take forever for progress to happen in any one of them individually if they keep skipping between =[

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
wait what did they do that was incredibly stupid?

i mean what new; we already knew they are gullible and will tell whatever, didnt think that was anything new / noteworthy at this point

wait what did they do that was incredibly stupid?

i mean what new; we already knew they are gullible and will tell whatever, didnt think that was anything new / noteworthy at this point
hmm. I was sad to see Leo hurting, but I particularly remember Ussop yelling at him for giving out his real name.

The whole Toy Soldier = Kyros thing never occured to me, but that was mostly because I totally forgot about Kyros alltogether until I watched the lastest anime episode which reminded me of him. But yes, that revelation was a bit too obvious. Rebecca being barely 16 though ... damn Oda way to go D:

Speaking of her, that flashback where she basically shot Kyros right through the heart, twice during the same scene.
"Kyros is nothing but a lie!"

*calm down girl!"

"You're not even my real father!"

*SHOT*

He couldn't even shed a tear ~~~~ the feels

hmm. I was sad to see Leo hurting, but I particularly remember Ussop yelling at him for giving out his real name.
Usoland?

something like that. Sugar directly found out about Ussop. also yeah...the pain of a father not knowing his own daughter. Donflamingo is a sick bastard. I hope Luffy destroys him, and Fujitora sends him to Impel Down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)