Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Hey guys! What would be an efficient EV spread for AV Bisharp? I'm gonna use it to trap Latis and a bunch of other stuff. Is it 252 Atk / 252 SDef / 4 Spe or something else?

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys! What would be an efficient EV spread for AV Bisharp? I'm gonna use it to trap Latis and a bunch of other stuff. Is it 252 Atk / 252 SDef / 4 Spe or something else?
Assault Vest
########
name: Assault Vest
move 1: Pursuit
move 2: Sucker Punch
move 3: Knock Off
move 4: Iron Head
ability: Defiant
item: Assault Vest
nature: Adamant
evs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 SpD

Shamelessly stole that set from the post that alexwolf posted in the Bisharp analysis thread.

Assault Vest
########
name: Assault Vest
move 1: Pursuit
move 2: Sucker Punch
move 3: Knock Off
move 4: Iron Head
ability: Defiant
item: Assault Vest
nature: Adamant
evs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 SpD

Shamelessly stole that set from the post that alexwolf posted in the Bisharp analysis thread.
Adding to that, the closest Lv50 spread is 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 SpD.
Or if you are really paranoid about that 0,4% chance of being 2HKOed by HP Fire, 52 HP / 236 Atk / 220 SpD will do.

If I remember correctly, Defog is supposed to remove hazards and screens from both sides of the field and lower the opponents evasion. I used it on an Espeon so the Evasion drop got bounced to me as expected, but his reflect didn't go down: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-96560681

Is this how its supposed to be or is that some type of bug?

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If I remember correctly, Defog is supposed to remove hazards and screens from both sides of the field and lower the opponents evasion. I used it on an Espeon so the Evasion drop got bounced to me as expected, but his reflect didn't go down: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-96560681

Is this how its supposed to be or is that some type of bug?
This is incorrect. Defog's screen-removing effect is single-target, only removing screens from the opposing side of the field.
Answered by Jukain in this very page.

aVocado

@ Everstone
I read something about breeding a graveler with SR to a Ferrothorn/seed and get SR is this true?
Yes, Ferrothorn gets Stealth Rock as an egg move from Graveler, Onix, Gigalith, Crustle, and all their respective (pre)evolutions.

Where can I find a list of bans from OU? I've searched around the forums but I can't find it. I heard recently that a couple mega evolutions have been relegated to Ubers. Thanks!

aVocado

@ Everstone
Is there a reliable way to stop baton pass chains? I run into these teams fairly often, and I feel like I never win without getting a crit in the first five or six turns.
1- Taunt
2- Haze
3- Whirlwind / Roar
4- don't let them set-up on you turn 1, if you see a baton pass team in team preview, bring out your strongest (and fastest, you don't wanna be spored/Subbed on by Scolipede) Pokemon and start hammering them with hard attacks.

Option 3 is the most reliable unless they use Ingrain, in which Haze is most reliable, but outside of that (countering BP teams) it doesn't have much use.

If you breed a HA scolipede with a Karrablast will it have Karrablasts hidden ability?
The ability is determined by the mother in the breeding pair. (When breeding with Ditto, the non-Ditto pokemon, even if it is a male, is considered the "mother" for this purpose.) If the mother does not have its HA, then the egg will not have its HA. If the mother has its HA, then the egg has a chance to have its HA. I think it's something like 60% chance for the egg to have the HA, and the remaining 40% are divided between any non-HA abilities. So, for instance, a female Sap Sipper Azumarill breeding with a compatible male has a 60% chance of passing on Sap Sipper, 20% chance of passing on Huge Power, and 20% chance of passing on Thick Fat.

Is there a reliable way to stop baton pass chains? I run into these teams fairly often, and I feel like I never win without getting a crit in the first five or six turns.
Outside of the things Arikado said (which occasionally won't work thanks to Espeon's magic bounce...except haze which I think will always work?) it's about 1) NEVER letting them BP a substitute, and 2) knowing which pokemon do what boosting and how fast they can do it. For example, you would never target a Scolipede or Vaporeon with physical attacks because they set up with iron defense. Similarly, you don't target an Espeon with special attacks because it boosts with calm mind (unless a previous pokemon has already set up with iron defense).

A powerful priority user will also work, since it can potentially hit an opponent pokemon down to very low HP using a strong 0 priority hit, then snipe it with a priority move before it can BP out.

Finally, you can also try to boost alongside the opponent.

Primarily though you just want to lead with a bulky pokemon that has roar/whirlwind (e.g., Skarmory). Even if they switch to Espeon and bounce roar/whirlwind back, all they're getting is speed boosts, which means you can just start smacking it.

But if you want to really be a gimmicky d*ck you can let them set all the way up, let one of your pokemon get KOd, then bring in sashed Malamar and use topsy turvy :3 Or lead with Red Card Forretress, set up all your hazards while they set up, and then gyro ball them while you wait for them to hit you down to sturdy which activates red card and removes their boosts, and with all the hazards up they can't just keep BPing around.

Trick Room also neuters BP since pretty much all BP teams rely on Speed Boost. Though, most of the time you need to build your team around that move.

Hello all, I use a CM Reuniclus w/max HP and defense investment and it works pretty well. I was wondering if it would be viable to forgo using a STAB move for Shadow Ball and Focus Blast's perfect coverage? CM and Recover make the set, but if I run Psychic/Psyshock + Focus Blast, I'm left helpless against Aegislash and Sableye, and if I run Psychic/Psyshock + Shadow Ball, I have a hard time with dark types in general--it's nice to hit Bisharp or Tyranitar with Focus Blasts on predicted switches. So, is it so important that Reuniclus has a STAB move, or is it worth forgoing one for Ghost/Fighting's perfect neutral coverage? I'm aware that I can just switch out against those two, but it'd be nice to not have to.

Also, sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this. There isn't a thread for Reuniclus anywhere and Aegislash and Sableye aren't relevant to UU so I figured I couldn't ask there anyway.

Hello all, I use a CM Reuniclus w/max HP and defense investment and it works pretty well. I was wondering if it would be viable to forgo using a STAB move for Shadow Ball and Focus Blast's perfect coverage? CM and Recover make the set, but if I run Psychic/Psyshock + Focus Blast, I'm left helpless against Aegislash and Sableye, and if I run Psychic/Psyshock + Shadow Ball, I have a hard time with dark types in general--it's nice to hit Bisharp or Tyranitar with Focus Blasts on predicted switches. So, is it so important that Reuniclus has a STAB move, or is it worth forgoing one for Ghost/Fighting's perfect neutral coverage? I'm aware that I can just switch out against those two, but it'd be nice to not have to.

Also, sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this. There isn't a thread for Reuniclus anywhere and Aegislash and Sableye aren't relevant to UU so I figured I couldn't ask there anyway.
Can't help you much as I don't use Reuniclus, but I do agree that the XY metagame is not kind to it at all with stronger Ghost types and Dark getting buffed. You may wish to check this thread instead for more Reuniclus ideas.

STAB Psychic is pretty darn nice to have, since it's going to be denting things a lot more reliably in general than either shadow ball (due to its low BP) or focus blast (due to its low acc). In the end it's just a tradeoff you'll have to make, like choosing between HP Grass and HP Ice on Zapdos. Either you go psychic/psyshock for the good neutral coverage and ability to hit poison and fighting types for SE damage, or you forego it to hit the things you mentioned. All in all, when you have options like Conkeldurr and Keldeo to deal with things like TTar and Bisharp, I'd be more worried about Aegislash. Though, I'd also be worried about accidentally triggering its weakness policy since it switches into battle in shield form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)