Music is art too, right?

Hi! This is my thread in which I will be dumping my (mostly) original music from now on.

I've wanted to make an art thread for ages, but after a lot of effort I decided that I can't really do digital art effectively without a tablet. It took me a full year to realize that I already had a ton of art just sitting around, because I write music. A lot. So I get an art thread AND I get to show off my music to a whole new group of people!

Most of my stuff is composed on a website called "Noteflight", which I encourage anyone musical to try out because it's free and runs online. It does have a limited sound library, which is occasionally annoying, but I generally manage to work around it. I don't necessarily have a favorite genre of music, but recently I've mostly been writing pop-ish stuff because it's easy and rewarding. I also like that pop music is really focused on melody. Speaking of melody, that would normally be the vocal part in a pop song. However, since Noteflight doesn't have a good vocal sound, I generally use piano, which I think works pretty well.

The titles are more or less randomly chosen, so don't take them too seriously. The "score" links will take you to a musical score; there should be a play button in the bottom left corner. The "soundcloud" link takes you to a soundcloud file. (I really wish there was a way to embed music on Smogon)

Lanterns (Score)
Lanterns (Soundcloud)

The Wasteland (Score
The Wasteland (Soundcloud)

Broken (Score)
Broken (Soundcloud)

These Walls

Runaway Sea (Score) <---- probably my best
Runaway Sea (Soundcloud)

Sometimes

Daylight

The Rest Of Our Lives

Turning

I Will Live Again

This isn't original, but it's pretty amusing so I'm sharing it anyway. The idea came from the Four Chords Song by Axis of Awesome.

Four Chords Symphony

If you want to request something, please go ahead! I won't guarantee that I'll make it, but I'll at least try!

Last edited:
Triple post yeah
I finished something, but I have no idea what to call it and could really use some help:
Untitled

if the lack of posts is because my stuff is terrible, just tell me...

Finally got a reply so I can justify another post!

So I kinda wrote this without thinking about it a whole lot, and I have no idea what it is. Could someone please tell me what genre of music I've just written?
Broken

(Oh and I came up with a name for the last one, it's "These Walls". No, I don't have any particular reasoning behind that).

EDIT: got another WIP, continuing to branch out from my usual style. I think this is an alternative rock song, although I may be mistaken. Also, I used a harpsichord for some reason.
The Wasteland

Last edited:
Lanterns is a very soothing melody. Amazing to listen to just to close your eyes for a few minutes.
I've been listening to Runaway Sea for 20 minutes straight. Fantastic piece right there. Musically on a high level and just very enjoyable and relaxing to listen to.

Last edited:
The Wasteland I've listened to before, but it's still great as ever. Great integration of the harpsichord, as it goes very well with the other instruments. Runaway Sea is still my favorite, can't get enough of that sound, because you've managed to create such a nice tempo shift just by adding or removing the drums.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)