Animated Movie Viability Ranking Thread

Asek

Banned deucer.
Wreck it Ralph for B+, Cool characters that were pretty memorable as well as a cool but kind of predictable plot, was one of the better movies I saw in 2012.

Lets not nominate everything for A / S as when those become saturated it kinda detracts from the 'prestige' of being that high.

Space Chimps for C- (yeah I had to watch that this weeked lol). Over-reliance on monkey puns is a serious detriment in this metagame, not to mention it is completely eclipsed by Wall-E as a space-themed animated movie. (C Rank: Reserved for movies that can be effective given the right support, but either have crippling flaws that prevent them from consistently executing their strategy or are completely eclipsed by a movie in the above ranks.) I guess the plot was ok, so meh.

Agreeing with Cars sequels and spinoffs for D-tier.

Pls do a suspect test for Frozen; too stronk for the rest of the metagame.

I would like to nominate End of Evangelion for SSS+ rank. Furthermore, I would like to nominate all other animated films for F rank by comparison.

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Frozen is C at best. That movie is one of the most overrated of all time, riddled with plotholes, hyped up to breaking point...Let it Go wasn't even the best song in that film, the best one was Heart of Ice. :[

I'm surprised my own favorite animated movie, Up, has not been brought up in discussion not once (few have rated it S with no explanation whatsoever). For me Up is the animated movie I could watch and rewatch without ever diluting the wonderful mix of feelings conveyed in the moving tales of the grief of an acerb old man and the quest through boyhood of a cherished yet neglected child.

It has been one of the best movie experiences of my life.

edit: S

Kostitsyn

you're waifu a shit
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The K-On! Movie should be considered A tier, brilliant directing and animation, strong dialogue and of course, a solid OST.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)