Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would Like to suggest Group Messaging on the Main Site. The same style as in battle chat, but In PM so that more than two people can chat privately. It's not that hard to go from one message to the other, and then back again, but it would be easier if one could invite another person. Maybe a 5 person limit. Command would be

/grouppm, Test 1, Test 2, Test 3

Please reply when you can with your opinions.
Adding on to what BunearyOffice said, these could become like mini-chatrooms. What if a spammer came? Could you have any options to kick the spammer? If you wanted to make a private room to chat with your friends, PM/VM Hugendugen or Jasmine. They're in charge of the chatrooms.

Adding on to what BunearyOffice said, these could become like mini-chatrooms. What if a spammer came? Could you have any options to kick the spammer? If you wanted to make a private room to chat with your friends, PM/VM Hugendugen or Jasmine. They're in charge of the chatrooms.
Oooh, sheesh, spammers would be harsh.
If they would want chatrooms though, are you allowed to just get one from Hugen or Jasmine? Or must there be a specific reason or so?
I don't really want my own chatroom but I never knew that!

There would be a 5 person Limit, I don't think a small chat room would form with so few people.

Valentine

Banned deucer.
Hey PS Staff, i'm sorry if this has been suggested before.

We have the ability to look at current matches being played based on tier, and I think that's wonderful. However, unless you see a name you recognize, it's impossible to know the 'quality' of a battle. It would be cool to see matches listed based on player rating. I don't know how difficult this would be, but I think it would be very useful.

Hey PS Staff, i'm sorry if this has been suggested before.

We have the ability to look at current matches being played based on tier, and I think that's wonderful. However, unless you see a name you recognize, it's impossible to know the 'quality' of a battle. It would be cool to see matches based on player rating. I don't know how difficult this would be, but I think it would be very useful.
Seconded.
This would be a great feature to implement!

Bean

༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Iirc we no longer make private chatrooms simpy for talking with your friends. Instead you can easily make a skype group or an irc channel.

Not Canadian

always start with a bang
I don't think I've seen this one yet: how about a /replace [participant], [replacement] command for tournaments, like on Frost?

It might be subject to some abuse, true, but overall, I think, a replacement command would be a nice addition. Would allow tours to move faster in the case of an AFK user (without having to DQ, and therefore giving someone a free ride to Round 2), and allowing people who, for some reason or another, missed sign-ups by a hair, to get a chance. The specifics could be worked out: for example, no replacements past round 1/a number of battles completed in round-robin.

Hope this isn't too hard to consider. Can't count the number of times I've missed Random Doubles tours - which happens to be my favorite tier. ;_;

Last edited:
I don't think I've seen this one yet: how about a /replace [participant], [replacement] command for tournaments, like on Frost?

It might be subject to some abuse, true, but overall, I think, a replacement command would be a nice addition. Would allow tours to move faster in the case of an AFK user (without having to DQ, and therefore giving someone a free ride to Round 2), and allowing people who, for some reason or another, missed sign-ups by a hair, to get a chance. The specifics could be worked out: for example, no replacements past round 1/a number of battles completed in round-robin.

Hope this isn't too hard to consider. Can't count the number of times I've missed Random Doubles tours - which happens to be my favorite tier. ;_;
Subbing in tournaments is a planned feature.

Ah. In that case, are there any restrictions agreed upon on allowing subbing? (eg. first round replace only)
There might not be restrictions (we haven't decided that yet), but room staff should just be using their common sense. There might be restrictions to only sub for the first rounds, though. I'd have to ask victini on that.

Bean

༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽
SirDizzyIII
Teams should be stored automatically but you can back them up through the backup/restore all teams. 3d sprites in the teambuilder sound like they would cause unnecessary lag.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
Most users disable sound whne playing PS as only a small handful of songs will play, and after a short while it becomes incredibly mind numbing to listen to the same tracks over and over. Why not add more battle themes? There's plenty of existing ones such as Rival battle themes, and E4 themes that could add much neeed variety.

tracks likes this would be nice. I can try and find these in high quality and correct format if this suggestion is reasonable.

ALso, is it possible to have the images of 3D models with animation disabled? I like to have animations disabled because it makes the battle feel a lot more concise and fast, but I prefer the models to the sprites.

Psywaves

Procrastinating Pedantic Perfectionist™
is a Contributor Alumnus
Most users disable sound whne playing PS as only a small handful of songs will play, and after a short while it becomes incredibly mind numbing to listen to the same tracks over and over. Why not add more battle themes? There's plenty of existing ones such as Rival battle themes, and E4 themes that could add much neeed variety.
I think that Zarel's general idea was to not include soundtracks considered "too epic" for casual sim battles (Like E4 themes), and as for the Hoenn rival theme, I think that they're more interested in more modern-sounding soundtracks (DS or 3DS soundfonts).

As well as what Driflooning said, "it costs around $2000/mo in bandwidth to send users music. Adding more music would cost approximately $200/mo per song."

Relados

fractactical genius
I think that Zarel's general idea was to not include soundtracks considered "too epic" for casual sim battles (Like E4 themes), and as for the Hoenn rival theme, I think that they're more interested in more modern-sounding soundtracks (DS or 3DS soundfonts).
I would like if the older themes would play when you battle in older formats (like gen1 OU), purely to create a more nostalgic atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)