Quidditch World Cup VII

With the World Cup starting is just over 10 hours I figure it'd be cool to have a thread for people that either play or spectate to discuss what they think of both the sport and the event. The World Cup at the moment is more like a World Club Cup in Football (Soccer), We also have Global Games which is more akin to a traditional World Cup setup.

I normally don't get too excited about the World Cup, being all the way in Australia, however this year sees the first Australian team to actually make the trip over to play, the University of Sydney Unspeakables (Who also happen to be one of our bitter rivals and among my least favorite teams in Australia). It's a shame my team didn't qualify, but it's all good (We beat the eventual regional champions in pool play) because we're going to qualify next year.

So, Does anyone play, anyone competing tomorrow? Anyone going to be watching the livestream of some of the games?

What is Quidditch?
For those that aren't aware. Quidditch has been adapted from the fictional sport of the same name that appears in the popular Harry Potter book series. The rules have also been adapted to create a more balanced sport for real competition and is now among the fastest growing sports in the world.

International Quidditch Association - http://iqaquidditch.com/
World Cup Livestream - http://new.livestream.com/quidditch/events/2865556/

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
at first I thought it was going to be an e-sport or something lmao

I'll probably watch a game at least because it looks hilarious

People still play this irl? I thought Harry Potter mania died out when the final book came out (or I guess the final movie extended its life by a few more years).

Still?

It's not very much about Harry Potter any more tbh.
Newcastle in Australia for example has exactly two players that have read a book or seen a movie. They just poached athletes from other sports.

Same goes for most American teams because it's pretty serious over there.

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's actually pretty fun. I remember the Loyola University team coming to show what the sport was like at a field near a local library awhile back and I played with them and it was a blast.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Idk I could imagine all sorts of painful injuries occurring cause I'm running with a broomstick near my boys...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)