Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I thought he was as the shadow on the tree, though it was kinda weird he was upside-down but hey Mewtwo's a powerful psychic so whatever. Then they zoomed in and it was Greninja so yeah. Mewtwo's done for, they're not having six Mons characters and Jigglypuff won't be going anywhere.

Amidst all of the Greninja hype, I'd also like to add that I'm so, so happy that Yoshi's finally confirmed. I love his new model (in sync with other games I guess???) but that more straightened stance means he's got a bigger hitbox. :( Love his new dash attack though.

Dedene, Chespin, Bellossom, Goldeen, Snivy, Oshawott, Staryu, Eevee, Surpluff, Metagross, Latias (could be palkia cant see properly), Darkrai, Electrode, Palkia, Entei, Kyogre, Gardevior, Giratina, Gogoat, Lugia, Snorlax, Zoroark, Kyruem, Sucine, Deoxys, Keldeo, Vicitini, Fennekin, Spewpa, Inkay.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
There are also Arceus, Meowth, Meloetta, Xerneas, Mew (it's there for like 1 frame), and Latios in Poké/Master Balls. I recall seeing Groudon in an earlier video, too. I recognized Greninja after the second shot made it clear that that was a Water Shuriken, but I was stumped before that. Greninja's Substitute shield (special move?) is cute. Also, I like the swishy sounds it makes!

P.S. SUMMER RELEASE DATE!!!

Last edited:

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I demand more hype for this.

Also, where can I get one of those gigantic substitute dolls?

Little Mac is going to be epic on the ground, and it looks like he dodged the bullet of the impractical nuke that meter could have been.

Link looks A LOT more agile in this iteration in all his moves. Hopefully this fixes up a lot of his problems.

Still waiting for Ganon confirm. (And Cap. Hopefully they'll announce both, and that they aren't remotely similar!)

Also Custom Moves wut?

Enguarde

I only play ADV UU
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
fuck slept through this, and woke up a to pic of "greninja splashing in" on facebook. Immediately dismissed it as a troll though until I got to watch the direct since it was from jrp :)

ily

Reactions: jrp

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok lets get on this.

here is a roster predict by yours truly: http://i.imgur.com/8aWUR6J.png

BONUS ROSTER CREATOR VERSION: http://i.imgur.com/mobGIbh.png

black = in
grey = vet who is likely in
red = unconfirmed madness

-Roster has to be 50+ at this point, assume that maybe one more revealed character (I'm assuming 3rd party), we need some surprises in store for when we actually play
-Considering screen size and brawls placement of franchises in rows it's tough to see 10+ to a single franchise but weirder things have happened
-Ivy and Squirtle, who knows but with Sakurai's trolling of cut characters I'll assume they get in or get suitable replacements.
-With all the Mega hype going around I could easily see Mewtwo coming back now
-Considering the AT's we've seen in Metroid plus Ridley as a stage boss (grrr) we can safely say the only two Metroid reps will be Samus and Zero Suit Samus
-The Palutena trolling was strong today, in addition the new Pit FS makes me think we have a second rep for Kid Ikarus. Considering his work on KI:U this wouldn't surprise me at all. Pit was in the initial reveal trailer after all
-Considering Namco's work on the game I wouldn't be surprised to see Pac-Man or Lloyd Irving a their rep, both would be fine. They would be the last revealed character
-Andy from Advance Wars totally has all the potential to nix the majority of Snake's moveset and nobody would be wiser for it.
-On neogaf someone noticed a designer from Xenoblade retweeted the Nintendo Direct, so who knows it's all possible Shulk would get a slot. Nintendo does own Monolith Soft now
-Chrom is totally taking over Ike, Robin has potential cause with early Marth reveal it's obvious we getting more FE awareness and hype.
-Mii for WTF joke unlock madness

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
OH lordy lord.

What a cast. Sakurai is the biggest troll in existence. Why must all fighting game creators be like this?! BYE ZSS... OH WAIT LOL NO. All the Pelutena hints too... Him appearing as a substiture doll and then Greninja using that very move at the end :O

I was really sad when I thought the stream was over, then awesome happened. Charizard seperated out and Greninja joining the brawl? Made all my dreams be happy. I wouldnt of minded Mewtwo returning, but at this point it looks unlikely. I am mostly shocked about the changes to the split characters. No longer will Zelda or Shiek have to be picked... But I will miss having the combo characters, they were a different way to play and an interesting addition.

All the new items and stages look pretty cool and the "Final Destination Mode" is also pretty hilarious. Sakurai seems to know exactly what the tournament players want. I am very much looking forward to seeing how balanced the final characters end up being. The changes to Olimar are numerous, but interesting. He was borderline broken in some matchups in Brawl (Didn't he end up being the best character minus Metaknight?).

Speaking of him, I can't believe he hasn't been revealed yet. We all know he is going to be in, but hes going to be nerfed so bad from his Brawl glory days (Just like Kirby was from 64 -> Melee). I do not agree with Layell that Chrom will appear, and prefer to remain neutral on the Fire Emblem cast...

BONUS ROSTER CREATOR VERSION: http://i.imgur.com/mobGIbh.png

black = in
grey = vet who is likely in
red = unconfirmed madness

-Roster has to be 50+ at this point, assume that maybe one more revealed character (I'm assuming 3rd party), we need some surprises in store for when we actually play
-Considering screen size and brawls placement of franchises in rows it's tough to see 10+ to a single franchise but weirder things have happened
-Ivy and Squirtle, who knows but with Sakurai's trolling of cut characters I'll assume they get in or get suitable replacements.
-With all the Mega hype going around I could easily see Mewtwo coming back now
-Considering the AT's we've seen in Metroid plus Ridley as a stage boss (grrr) we can safely say the only two Metroid reps will be Samus and Zero Suit Samus lolololol Ridley is not playable :D
-The Palutena trolling was strong today, in addition the new Pit FS makes me think we have a second rep for Kid Ikarus. Considering his work on KI:U this wouldn't surprise me at all. Pit was in the initial reveal trailer after all
-Considering Namco's work on the game I wouldn't be surprised to see Pac-Man or Lloyd Irving a their rep, both would be fine. They would be the last revealed character
-Andy from Advance Wars totally has all the potential to nix the majority of Snake's moveset and nobody would be wiser for it.
-On neogaf someone noticed a designer from Xenoblade retweeted the Nintendo Direct, so who knows it's all possible Shulk would get a slot. Nintendo does own Monolith Soft now
-Chrom is totally taking over Ike, Robin has potential cause with early Marth reveal it's obvious we getting more FE awareness and hype.
-Mii for WTF joke unlock madness
Mostly agree with everything else here though to be honest. The only thing to remember is how high quality even the damage counters look when referring to screen size. Haver you seen Street Fighters new roster screen? The Icons are much smaller which allows for a tonne more characters. Even keeping them the same physical size (in terms of pixels) there will still be substantially more room for new characters.

thoughts on squirtle (and ivysaur i guess) being in now that zard and greninja are in? i feel like zard really helps their cause because sakurai confirms that there will be no character transformations, so without the zard reveal we would probably be thinking all of the trainer pokemon are likely gone along with him. of course, the fact that zard has a mega(s) could be one big reason they decided to bring him back... i feel like greninja (or something) was a necessary addition because... think about it, we had to expect a brand new pokemon rep, right? so it doesn't necessarily kill the chances for squirtle/ivysaur or even mewtwo (he also has two megas!), in my opinion. of course, this is all assuming the roster is a sizable improvement from brawl's and is close to or over 50. if there are under 45 characters or so, you can assume characters like lucas/rob/ike are doubtful to return too.

i really want squirtle back. :( thoughts?

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
After thinking on it overnight I could also feasibly see Bowser JR replace Squirtle with a combination of paint rod/fire for a trickster little character, keep all shell related moves. That said I don't think there is any possible character who could replace Ivysaur faithfully, would be an incredibly difficult thing to come up with. I'm just really hoping for a PM style Ivy. If we get to heal, and if we get to Solar Beam I would love it all my life.

Really like some of the changes they made for the sake of competitive play. The fewer wibbly wobbly factors, the better. (See evasion clause). The now manageable pikmin and divided characters will do a lot for that. Kinda wish they'd focused more on talking about stuff like that, but I suppose not everybody is as interested in that as me.

Also, buffs to Pit? Wasn't he like top tier in Brawl?

Pit was really mediocre in Brawl. The Japanese community thought he was top 10 for some reason, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)