Metagame NP: RU Stage -1: Message to Oglemi, Nails, and Honko (VENOMOTH STOLEN FROM US))

Status
Not open for further replies.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
galbia , yeah, Moltres is allowed in RU and is actually one of the safest offensive responses to Shaymin in the tier due to the 4x Seed Flare resistance and immunity to Earth Power. It can run plenty of sets from LO Roost + 3 Attacks, SubRoost, (defensive and offensive) and Choice Scarf.

TheZokeShipper , yeah, TR is p. amazing right now. Plenty of pokes to abuse it in Rhyperior, Escavalier, Druddigon, and Mega-Abomasnow, and some reliable setters in Cofag, Reuni, Slowking, and Aromatisse. Definitely a viable playstyle atm.

Meteor 17 , commenting here to confirm that Toxicroak is amazing. That said, its UU usage isn't near the 3.41% required to rise out of RU and I don't think its overpowered in RU either (but quite dangerous!) I personally prefer using Adamant though to power up Sucker Punch. There aren't a ton of things sitting at base 85 Speed anyway (Lee and Rotom-A sit just above it) except for maybe Magmortar and Gallade, neither of which enjoy a +2 Sucker Punch anyway.

On the topic of Hitmonlee, how have people been going about defeating it? With the Knock Off buff, Lee has gained a really cool move to spam early-game to cripple its typical switch-ins (bulky Psychics and Ghosts) so he can sweep more reliably late-game.

galbia , yeah, Moltres is allowed in RU and is actually one of the safest offensive responses to Shaymin in the tier due to the 4x Seed Flare resistance and immunity to Earth Power. It can run plenty of sets from LO Roost + 3 Attacks, SubRoost, (defensive and offensive) and Choice Scarf.
I have found that strange because i have used Moltres with success in UU (really underrated imo) and it not being even in the top 100 is a shame. Now i am using a defensive sub roost set with Toxic and Flamethrower and it has a lot of utility dealing with any Fairy/Fire/Grass and type in the tier and every Fighting type without Stone Edge. It is also a great Kyurem check.

dingbat

snek
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
| 56 | Jolteon | 3.466% |

I can see Jolteon dropping from UU to RU soon as it is facing pretty stiff competition from Manectric and Raikou to an extent as a fast electric type attacker, as its movepool doesn't really do much favors for it and and its base speed (130) falls just short of Manectric's base speed (135). If it falls to RU, it'll definitely be a nice pivotal addition although it'll still be competing with Raikou (if it stays in RU) for a similar reason to it and Manectric. It could also run a quick heal bell (yep, all Eeveelutions get it) although it'll be a rather situational thing to have.

On the topic of Hitmonlee, how have people been going about defeating it? With the Knock Off buff, Lee has gained a really cool move to spam early-game to cripple its typical switch-ins (bulky Psychics and Ghosts) so he can sweep more reliably late-game.
Although I'm probably BS-ing myself by saying this, I switch (healthy) Cofagrigus into Hitmonlee to first tank the Knock off. If Hitmonlee has the unburden effect up, Cofagrigus will disable that effect and a faster physical attacker like Cobalion (No freaking way Hitmonlee is going to risk a HJK the first time w/out psychic predictions, and Cobalion gets the +1 boost if it uses Knock Off again) can come in and proceed to take advantage of its pathetically weak defense.

I do agree though that with the Knock Off buff, Hitmonlee became a lot more menacing than it was in the RU metagame last gen and that its dark/fighting combo was really bolstered, as with most other fighting types.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Fairies still do pretty well, although Togetic greatly dislikes Stone Edge and Knock Off, but Aromatisse and Granbull don't mind him too much and can deal heavy damage in return. Bulky Poison-types like Weezing and Amoonguss work pretty well, too, although they can't hit back as hard. Physically defensive Sableye can take any coverage move well and cripple with Will-o-Wisp, specially defensive sets have to be more cautious since they risk a 2HKO even once they've burned Hitmonlee. Cofagrigus takes Knock Off surprisingly well and can proceed to burn it or use Pain Split/Rest to render the damage done wasted (after one Knock Off it hits like shit anyway), so there's an option too. Alomomola can't take two Reckless LO High Jump Kicks, but due to Momola having Protect and being bulky enough to tank at least one relatively well, Hitmonlee can't go around spamming HJK at will. These are pretty much all the defensive answers, offensive answers to Reckless sets should be easy to find. Offensive answers to Unburden sets are a different story, however...

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Far and away one of my favorite Pokemon right now is Dugtrio. The ability to trap Raikou, Registeel, and a ton of other Pokemon is just glorious and easily opens up a sweep for shit like Durant and Moltres. I've been using a Choice Band set because Dugtrio hits like a wet towel otherwise, but LO is probably technically better due to losing momentum otherwise. But, on a heavy offense team killing something you need to and then saccing Dugtrio usually isn't a huge deal.

Another Pokemon right now that I think is being largely ignored when it shouldn't be is Meloetta. I haven't even used a special attacking set, instead using it as my Scarfer, and it's glorious. Hyper Voice hitting through Substitutes, amazing coverage, and U-turn are amazing, on top of its naturally great Special Attack and amazing bulk, meaning it can switch in easily enough and serve as an offensive pivot.

Finally, specially defensive Dragalge with Toxic Spikes is great. I haven't figured out the best moveset for it, but it's special bulk is legit insane fully invested and serves as an immediate stop to a ton of special attackers, even if they're carrying Earth Power or Psychic, like Shaymin, Raikou, Moltres, and Aromatisse.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Far and away one of my favorite Pokemon right now is Dugtrio. The ability to trap Raikou, Registeel, and a ton of other Pokemon is just glorious and easily opens up a sweep for shit like Durant and Moltres. I've been using a Choice Band set because Dugtrio hits like a wet towel otherwise, but LO is probably technically better due to losing momentum otherwise. But, on a heavy offense team killing something you need to and then saccing Dugtrio usually isn't a huge deal.

Another Pokemon right now that I think is being largely ignored when it shouldn't be is Meloetta. I haven't even used a special attacking set, instead using it as my Scarfer, and it's glorious. Hyper Voice hitting through Substitutes, amazing coverage, and U-turn are amazing, on top of its naturally great Special Attack and amazing bulk, meaning it can switch in easily enough and serve as an offensive pivot.

Finally, specially defensive Dragalge with Toxic Spikes is great. I haven't figured out the best moveset for it, but it's special bulk is legit insane fully invested and serves as an immediate stop to a ton of special attackers, even if they're carrying Earth Power or Psychic, like Shaymin, Raikou, Moltres, and Aromatisse.
Duggy + dual birds is really insane right now. You can probably even put stuff like Focus Sash, Stealth Rock, Reversal or whatever you want, but what is essentially a guaranteed Earthquake against any grounded Pokemon slower than Duggy is just so good.

Yeah, Meloetta is a hugely underrated threat, with both special and physical (mixed, essentially) sets being very potent. Calm Mind Aria-Meloetta has some nice and quirky moves for its STABs, the Sub-piercing Hyper Voice and Psyshock to hit special walls and opposing bulky boosters. Its Special Attack and Special Defense are really high and its Speed respectable, so all-out attacking sets such as Assault Vest and Choice sets isn't too out there. Meanwhile, Piruotte-Meloetta has the highest proprotion of speed and power I've seen out of any attacker in RU thus far, and of course it gets the coveted Knock Off. Relic Song also has a sleep chance as well, just in case you thought you were all set for Piruotte-ta.

Hmm, always been turned off by that bad base HP and lack of recovery, but I guess Scald and that auspicious defensive typing can do Dragalge some favors, and I suppose you paired this with Alomomola who has huge Wishes and synergistic typing? That said, Dragalge does face a bit of a problem in terms of movepool and stats. It has Haze and Dragon Tail, but phasing is usually better than Hazing if you're slower than molasses and struggle to threaten most setup Pokemon (Raikou, Mismagius, Cofagrigus), but those Dragon Tails will never break Raikou's Sub. Does Dragalge want a stronger move for fighting back (assuming it should), and which STAB should it run, if not both? Dragalge probably warrants a good amount of experimentation before someone can identify its most optimal set in the meta, but as of now I'm not sure what I want out of a Dragalge if I end up using it.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
This is the set I'm running with Dragalge atm:

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Ability: Poison Point
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic Spikes
- Protect / Dragon Tail

Just a standard TSpikes tank set. I've been switching between Protect and Dragon Tail just to see which I like better, and I like Protect better for the team I'm using to scout Choice sets and other surprise moves from shit like Shaymin, etc. It's also nice to stall for Toxic damage. The special bulk is awesome, you get damage calcs like this:

HP Ice 29.6 - 35% - Timid LO Raikou
Volt Switch 12.8 - 15.2% - Timid LO Raikou

Seed Flare 11.3 - 13.4% - Timid Specs Shaymin
Earth Power 46.1 - 54.4% - Timid Specs Shaymin

Hurricane 46.7 - 55.3% - Modest LO Moltres
Fire Blast 23.3 - 27.5% - Modest LO Moltres

Dragalge isn't doing a ton back to like Moltres, but it's enough to either force a switch and set up more TSpikes, or get in some chip damage to allow a teammate to clean up later in the match.

I've been using Renuclius, and it works quite well. It can survive a Knock Off and retaliate with Psychic/Psyshock. It OHKOs after rocks. Duosion can also work, having the same SpAtk stat.

I've been using Renuclius, and it works quite well. It can survive a Knock Off and retaliate with Psychic/Psyshock. It OHKOs after rocks. Duosion can also work, having the same SpAtk stat.
Duosion hates Knock off even more that Reuniclus, Also Weakness policy Hitmonlee can really screw you over if Reuniclus is your counter.

252+ Atk Hitmonlee Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Reuniclus: 192-226 (45.2 - 53.3%) -- 32.4% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Hitmonlee Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Duosion: 158-188 (47.4 - 56.4%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
This is the set I'm running with Dragalge atm:

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic Spikes
- Protect / Dragon Tail

Just a standard TSpikes tank set. I've been switching between Protect and Dragon Tail just to see which I like better, and I like Protect better for the team I'm using to scout Choice sets and other surprise moves from shit like Shaymin, etc. It's also nice to stall for Toxic damage. The special bulk is awesome, you get damage calcs like this:

HP Ice 29.6 - 35% - Timid LO Raikou
Volt Switch 12.8 - 15.2% - Timid LO Raikou

Seed Flare 11.3 - 13.4% - Timid Specs Shaymin
Earth Power 46.1 - 54.4% - Timid Specs Shaymin

Hurricane 46.7 - 55.3% - Modest LO Moltres
Fire Blast 23.3 - 27.5% - Modest LO Moltres

Dragalge isn't doing a ton back to like Moltres, but it's enough to either force a switch and set up more TSpikes, or get in some chip damage to allow a teammate to clean up later in the match.
Since you're not doing too much, nor are you being 3hkod by many of these, wouldn't a RestTalk set be viable?

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
IVs: 0 SDef
Calm Nature
- Dragon Pulse / Sludge Bomb
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

The first slash is so you aren't completely walled by Steels, courtesy of Scald.

Duosion hates Knock off even more that Reuniclus, Also Weakness policy Hitmonlee can really screw you over if Reuniclus is your counter.

252+ Atk Hitmonlee Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Reuniclus: 192-226 (45.2 - 53.3%) -- 32.4% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Hitmonlee Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Duosion: 158-188 (47.4 - 56.4%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO
What, I simply recover on the predicted Knock Off, so that it is weakened the next turn. Isn't that what everyone does?

What, I simply recover on the predicted Knock Off, so that it is weakened the next turn. Isn't that what everyone does?
Duosion takes almost the same damage from knock off with and without eviolite.

252+ Atk Hitmonlee Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Duosion: 160-190 (47.9 - 56.8%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Hitmonlee Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Duosion: 158-188 (47.3 - 56.2%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO

and when it comes to weakness policy.
+2 252+ Atk Hitmonlee Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Reuniclus: 380-448 (89.6 - 105.6%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Hitmonlee Reversal (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Reuniclus: 292-344 (68.8 - 81.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

My original post was written by me in a semisleep mode, so its lacking on what i wanted to prove, wich is that Duosion cant handle Hitmonlee and that reuniclus is destroyed by Weakness policy Lee

Last edited:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
So the plan is to say "Hitmonlee is definitely using High Jump Kick here" and blindly switch in? It can always just Knock Off on the switch...

Has anybody tried Avalugg? Fully physically defensive sets are able to check a lot of offensive powerhouses according to the calculator. hitmonlee's HJK only does upwards of 61.1% and avalanche is an ohko afterwards

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Okay so I've seen a lot of people talking mad shit about my boy Banette. Recently I've been experimenting with a set that has been extremely successful on a lot of my offensive teams. I feel like a lot of people overlook Mega Banette because they feel like it's just a mediocre version of Sableye that takes up a Mega slot. For one thing, unlike the upper tiers, Mega Banette faces absolutely no competition for a Mega slot in RU because the only other Mega you will ever be using is Abomasnow, which isn't fit for every kind of team due to its slow Speed stat and common weaknesses. While Sableye has much less 4MSS and access to recover, there's several things in particular that makes it a sitting duck on more offensive teams, whereas Mega Banette excels. First of all, Sableye has absolutely horrendous offensive stats, and has no way to threaten anything outside of spamming Foul Play or crippling them with the occasional Knock Off. Mega Banette has a ridiculous base 165 Attack stat, with access to priority in the forms of Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch to offset its mediocre Speed stat. I'm still potentially tweeking the EV spread, but for now there's not much else I can think of to outspeed. Here is is:

Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Insomnia --> Prankster
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Destiny Bond
- Knock Off
- Shadow Sneak
Although it doesn't have the most amazing offensive movepool, it has all it needs to be a major pain in the ass, and it's a great addition to offensive teams. This set is a fantastic check to some of the most dangerous physical attackers in the tier, such as Hitmonlee, Toxicroak, Meloetta-P, Cincinno, Escavalier, Druddigon, all of which for the most part threaten a lot of offensive teams. Will-O-Wisp deters any physical attacker not named Emboar from taking on Mega Banette, as it could potentially cripple them for the rest of the match. Thanks to Prankster, not even the fastest Pokemon can avoid the burn, which allows it to cripple something at any time no matter how many Speed boosts are under their belt, like Unburden Hitmonlee for example. Destiny Bond is one of the reasons Banette is so facking amazing and it's more than enough to set it apart from Sableye. It's basically an emergency panic button if there's any time where you think you're about to get swept, and with just the click of one move all your troubles go right out the window. On top of that, if played right it basically guarantees you a free KO every match. The amount of mind games this move creates alone is hilarious, because one wrong move and the opponent could lose their one and only check to your Yanmega or Raikou. Knock Off allows it to smack the items off of predicted switch-ins as well as walls such as Cresselia, Milotic, Jellicent, Gourgeist, etc, taking away their precious long term recovery. It's also a strong move in general, and coming off of 165 Attack it's very easy to just spam it early on in the match. Shadow Sneak rounds off the set by giving Mega Banette a way to pick of weakened sweepers as well as checking frail Psychic-types such as Azelf (another bitch to offensive teams) and Gallade as well as Mismagius and Froslass. Mega evolving immediately is also cool too.

The EV spread is just so it can outspeed Cresselia after it has Mega evolved and smack it with a Knock Off before it tries to attack it or set up screens something along those lines. The rest is dumped into HP and Attack to give it a very powerful spammable Knock Off and lets Shadow Sneak deal much more damage. Like I mentioned a million times, this set fits best on offensive teams in need of a check to a lot of physical threats as well as something to deal with a few Psychic-types. It's ability to provide immense utility as well as having a very solid offensive presence keeps it from ever being a liability no matter what kind of team you put it on. Sableye is much better overall on defensive oriented teams, but Mega Banette is far superior on most offensive team archetypes. It needs a lot more love, and I hope I convinced some of you to start using it more. It just checks so many dangerous things and its power/utility makes it well worth a team slot.

Supsion
It'll still fail to get the 2hko anyways. It's not like I still can recover up afterwards either.

Oh, ye, I don't know about Duosion. I use reuni so ye.
Oh, I was thinking of Duosion having the Defense stat of Renuclius, but it's actually the same SpAtk stat.

Also, Toxicroak can kind of do well against Lee. It can take a Knock Off and recover the damage taken with Drain Punch.

Supsion

Oh, I was thinking of Duosion having the Defense stat of Renuclius, but it's actually the same SpAtk stat.

Also, Toxicroak can kind of do well against Lee. It can take a Knock Off and recover the damage taken with Drain Punch.
It does not like to take a HJK (reckless HJK does around 55% to ''bulky'' Croak), but I guess you're right. Also keep in mind that Blaze kick is semi super effective on toxicroak because of dry skin, so it cant switch into it without proper prediction

One pokemon I've been running with a surprising amount of success is Doublade. This is the set I'm using:
Check these dubs (Doublade) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Gyro Ball
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

This set utilizes doublade's great attack stat. Sacred sword is fantastic for steel types and slow dark types who wouldn't mind taking it's other attacks. Additionally, unlike Aegislash, Doublade is slow enough to properly utilize gyro ball. The low speed also helps if the opponent is using a trick room team, which I am seeing more of now. Shadow sneak is a great priority move on this set, though you have to remember unless you swords dance first it will not be as powerful as Aegislash's. Also, unlike many other Eviolite users, Doublade still has great bulk on the physical side even without the boosts, you have to be careful of special attacks though.

Also, unlike many other Eviolite users, Doublade still has great bulk on the physical side even without the boosts, you have to be careful of special attacks though.
I've used Doublade a bit as well, and whilst it's true that it still has good defense without Eviolite, usually if you've lost Eviolite it's because you've taken a super-effective Knock Off, so you'll be low on HP, which means the high defense might not mean as much. It's different to, say, Gligar (or Chansey and Porygon2 in higher tiers), who can recover health and still make good use of their decent non-eviolite bulk later on in the match. I do like Doublade overall though.

I've used Doublade a bit as well, and whilst it's true that it still has good defense without Eviolite, usually if you've lost Eviolite it's because you've taken a super-effective Knock Off, so you'll be low on HP, which means the high defense might not mean as much. It's different to, say, Gligar (or Chansey and Porygon2 in higher tiers), who can recover health and still make good use of their decent non-eviolite bulk later on in the match. I do like Doublade overall though.
Unless it's a STAB knock off you usually do fairly well.
252+ Atk Escavalier Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Doublade: 112-134 (34.7 - 41.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

here's a set that i've been using on my stall team. counters raikou and most shaymin (it lives life orb seed flare followed by hidden power fire provided shaymin doesn't get the drop) as well as stuff like offensive milotic, special sharpedo, and mismagius. it still hits pretty hard as well and can at worst 2hko all of the threats mentioned above. also does pretty well against sableye which is annoying for stall teams to face. it needs defog support to function although that should be a given on balance and stall

+2 252 SpA Mismagius Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Abomasnow: 157-186 (40.9 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Shaymin Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Abomasnow: 203-239 (53 - 62.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Kyurem Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Abomasnow: 192-227 (50.1 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Raikou Aura Sphere vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Abomasnow: 124-146 (32.3 - 38.1%) -- 94.7% chance to 3HKO

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
FLCL , cool way of using Mega-Abomasnow, but I do have one thing to ask. Have you thought of using Ice Beam instead of Blizzard? Considering the nerf to auto-weather abilities and the fact that set seems like it would be one to be hanging around for much of the match, I would think Ice Beam would be the better option so you A.) still have an Ice-type STAB move when Hail wears off and B.) have much more PP to avoid getting your PP drained too quickly. I'm sure the power of Blizzard can attain some extra OHKOes or 2HKOes, but it is a thought that I think is worth it in some key situations, such as when you're trying to hold off Kyurem + Raikou or a Shaymin that may resort to a Moltres (Pressure) when the opponent sees the lack of damage output from Seed Flare.

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

here's a set that i've been using on my stall team. counters raikou and most shaymin (it lives life orb seed flare followed by hidden power fire provided shaymin doesn't get the drop) as well as stuff like offensive milotic, special sharpedo, and mismagius. it still hits pretty hard as well and can at worst 2hko all of the threats mentioned above. also does pretty well against sableye which is annoying for stall teams to face. it needs defog support to function although that should be a given on balance and stall

+2 252 SpA Mismagius Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Abomasnow: 157-186 (40.9 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Shaymin Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Abomasnow: 203-239 (53 - 62.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Kyurem Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Abomasnow: 192-227 (50.1 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Raikou Aura Sphere vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Abomasnow: 124-146 (32.3 - 38.1%) -- 94.7% chance to 3HKO
I love Abomasnow and your idea behind this set is cool, but whould not Seed bomb and Ice beam be safer options? After 5 rounds Blizzard turns into the most unaccurate shit ever, and Wood hammer strips away alot of HP

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
blizzard guarantees the ohko on shaymin after sr and same goes for wood hammer and mismagius. i suppose ice beam is better than blizzard but wood hammer is needed to beat down certain threats, namely raikou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)