Mew [QC 0/3]

I felt as if Will-o-Wisp and earth power would be enough to patch up the tyranitar weakness and not being able aegislash or mawile for real damage on switch in was too much of a price to pay.
As long as you have a good Aegislash check just WoW it on the switch and it'll die slowly, WoW also does wonders to M-Mawile.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
I find hte set to pretty mediocre anyways. It was supposed to mimic Latias/Latios but also being less vulnerable to some pokes that they are. I also attempted this with Salamence. However the LAti's speed tier, raw power, and/or Dragon typing made them just plain better.

Actually I havent payed aany attention to defog mence in a long time, It's a pretty decent set :9

I was gonna run Defog Mence in UU but then it got banned :(

But yeah I think Mew makes a much better defensive than offensive Defogger.

Sorry for double posting, but I just noticed the defensive sets recommend 108 Spe EVs to outspeed +Speed Base 70s, such as Bisharp, Breloom, and Cloyster, now I don't use Breloom and Cloyster much so I could be wrong but aren't all 3 of those mainly using Adamant nature? Investing 16 into Speed will outspeed neutral base 70s and give you considerably greater physical bulk.

CyclicCompound

is a bicycle person thing
is a Contributor Alumnus
Alright, talked with a few QC members and here are some things to fix up:

Overview
The Defog buff was very kind to it, as Mew is one of the few Defoggers that is not weak to Stealth Rock
Errm... "few" is a little misleading. Skarmory, Scizor, Latias, and Latios are all neutral. Only Mandibuzz and Zapdos are weak.
None of its stats, however, are actually "good" in OU terms.
This is too subjective, and 100 stats across the board are actually quite decent.

Hazard Control

The set should look like this:

Hazard Control
########
name: Hazard Control
move 1: Defog
move 2: Roost
move 3: Will-O-Wisp
move 4: Taunt
ability: Synchronize
item: Leftovers
evs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 Spe
nature: Bold

Will-O-Wisp and Taunt are both way too important to be slashed with Stealth Rock. Taunt lets you stallbreak anything not named Heatran, and Will-O-Wisp is WAAAAAY too good to pass up—like, not running Will-O-Wisp basically makes Mew outclassed by Latias. The EVs let you outspeed +2 Aegislash, which also includes Adamant base 70s. Stealth Rock should go to OO.

Hazard Control—Moves
Taunt allows Mew to shut down hazard setters such as Forretress, Skarmory, and Ferrothorn even harder.
A more appropriate role for Taunt is Stallbreaking by preventing Pokemon from recovering.
Will-O-Wisp discourages Bisharp from trying to get a free +2 Attack off Defog, and can also cripple physical attackers such as Cloyster and Breloom.
A minor fix, but mention more prominent and/or threatening attackers than Cloyster and Breloom, like Tyranitar or Garchomp.
U-Turn allows Mew to scout and gain momentum after clearing hazards.
Baton Pass and Volt switch are options over U-Turn, but U-Turn cannot be Taunted and has no immunities.
Reflect Type, while gimmicky, allows Mew to switch out of Tyranitar and Scizor without fearing Pursuit.
Mew can also opt to run another status move, such as Thunder Wave or Toxic, but Will-O-Wisp is recommended to avoid being Bisharp bait.
Tailwind can offer further support to Mew's team.
An attacking move, such as Fire Blast or Ice Beam, may also be used so Mew can do damage.
I understand that Mew has a lot of options, but all of these are best left out. When evaluating these, remember that you really can't afford to lose any of the moves on the set. Leave these to OO if necessary, because it's altogether too much information for the reader to handle when attempting to use this set. If there's something that you ABSOLUTELY feel is worth being in the Moves section (perhaps U-turn), then post and let me know and I'll evaluate it. But for now, this section really needs to be cut down.

Hazard Control—Set Details
0 Attack IV is recommended to minimize confusion and Foul Play damage.
No need to state this, as it's assumed the reader knows.
If running an attacking move, Special Attack EVs may be run to grab certain OHKOes.
Like?
A slightly faster 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 Spe Timid spread may be used to get the jump on Jolly Gyarados.
A 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 Spe Bold spread is a compromise between the two, outspeeding Smeargle to Taunt it, although situational.
Jolly Gyarados is nowhere near common enough to warrant this spread. The Smeargle spread is unnecessary too—it's far more efficient just to come in at a later time and Defog.

Hazard Control—Usage Tips
Defog is best used without hazards of your own, except for Mew's own Stealth Rock.
This is false. Defog is best suited for bulky and reliable hazard setters (e.g. Skarmory, Heatran), whereas Rapid Spin is better for frail setters (e.g. Smeargle, Deoxys-S). There's never really a reason to discourage hazards, however.

Remember to fix this section to fit the updated set.

Hazard Control—Team Options
Mew appreciates teammates that can deal with Tyranitar, Scizor, and Bisharp.
Like? Also remember that good teammates are Pokemon that can deal with those Pokemon burnt.

Remember to fix this section to fit the updated set.

That's all for now. I'll get back to you later with advice for the other sets, which I'll talk more in-depth with QC members about. Thanks for your effort.

I feel like Colbur berry should at least be mentioned somewhere as it allows mew to check Bisharp and burn it which is a fairly big deal as not many things like to switch into Bisharp.

Is Knock Off worth mentioning on any defensive set with only one move as unlike its stab nothing is immune to it, it gets good coverage and if nothing else it's a 'utility attack'

CyclicCompound

is a bicycle person thing
is a Contributor Alumnus
I feel like Colbur berry should at least be mentioned somewhere as it allows mew to check Bisharp and burn it which is a fairly big deal as not many things like to switch into Bisharp.
This can get an OO mention.
Is Knock Off worth mentioning on any defensive set with only one move as unlike its stab nothing is immune to it, it gets good coverage and if nothing else it's a 'utility attack'
We're currently working on determining what "utility attacks" should be mentioned, and Knock Off is one of the contenders.

I'd say either 20 Spe (outspeeding Max spe Aegislash for an extra 4 EVs is a nobrainer) or 32 Spe to outspeed max Jolly Ttar before going mega and hit it with willo.

Most Mega Tyranitar don't even carry Crunch so it's extremely risky for them to DD or attack Mew either way. I don't think outspeeding it is completely necessary.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
thoughts on night shade/seismic toss as the attack on stall breaker? Psychic/ice beam will do a lot less to walls not weak to them

Probably a good idea but I'd sick to seismic toss as it allows you to at least hit Chansey whereas the only relevant ghosts (Aegislash and Gengar) beat mew anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)