Please Rate My Team

My name is Brad (or Wasted5 whatever is easier) and I have just started battling online in Pokemon X.

I would like to know what you guys think of my current team. I have yet to lose a match with this team (only when my horrible internet disconnects from the server have I lost, but I have always been in a position of great advantage when this has happened). I would appreciate any and all feedback that is given :)

(when i say 'Maxed' I mean in ev training)

HO-OH

Serious Nature
Flame Plate
Maxed Attack
Maxed Sp. Defense
+4 Speed

Sacred Fire
Ancient Power
Thunder Wave
Brave Bird

I chose this pokemon because I needed a fire/and or flying type to deal with grass types. Seeing as though Ho-Oh is both fire/flying I felt it would make a good contender for this spot. I could have chosen Charizard or (whatever evolves after) Flechinder, but I felt Ho-Oh's stats may have been better (not sure if this is true with the two Mega Charizards). Sacred Fire provides a strong STAB fire attack and is used to deal with steel types. Ancient Power is there for when I ave the opposition in a check with my ho-oh, as when it has received all the stat boosts, it is generally next to impossible to stop. I know the risks of running a fire flying type without having a rapid spinner on my team but that is a risk I am willing to take. While it is not the fastest of all pokemon, I do quite enjoy using thunderwave oh Ho-oh. Tunderwave is my check to Greninja who is a very frightening pokemon with its protean ability. Even if I get KO'ed I am complacent if Ho-oh can get off the paralysis against the ninja from Gren.

GIRANTINA

Careful Nature +SP.Def/-SP.Att
Leftovers
Maxed Defense
Maxed Sp. Defense
+4 Speed

Will-O-Wisp
Dragon Claw
Rest
Sleep Talk

I needed a wall. This is true! I did need a wall. Now I have one. Girantina is perhaps what I feel the weak point of my team. While it is a great check to the FIGHTING weakness that this team currently has, I don't really like its move-pool as it leaves it dead in the water against Fairy type pokemon. If it could learn Roost I feel it would be much better. I am possibly thinking to use a reset bag and max out its HP instead of its Def, as Will-O Wisp kind of renders a Max.Def useless IMO. Dragonclaw for STAB is decent, but until a fighting pokemon gets sent out from the opposition or a dragon and my latios has been KO'ed, Girantina usually doesn't see much game-time.

LUCARIO

Hasty Nature +Speed/-Def
Lucarionite
Maxed Attack
Maxed Speed
+4 Defense

Shadow Claw
Extreme Speed
Aura Sphere
Power-Up Punch

Lucario is there as a counter to all rock, ice, steel, normal, ghost, psychic, dark type pokemons. I am 80% Happy with its move pool and as it is the only pokemon that I have a Mega Stone for, feel that it is an essential part of my team. (as also helped me out of a tight spot on more than one occasion) I may replace Shadow Claw with a steel type move once I have found some more TM's as I currently feel i am in a position of disatvantage against fairy types with my only check being Empoleons Metal Claw. Extreme Speed for those close calls when opposition has 5-10% HP left. My Lucario has yet to be outspeed when using this move. Aura Sphere I will probably change to Close Combat as this Lucario is a Physical Sweeper and in combination with a Mega Stone AND Power-Up Punch, makes this pokemon quite scarey. Its the Mike Tyson of my team; get in, hit hard, bite an ear or two, get out!

LATIOS

Timid Nature +Speed/-Attack
Sitrus Berry
Maxed Speed
Maxed Sp. Attack
+4 Defense

Draco Meteor
Psyshock
Roost
Thunderbolt

Its Speed and Special Attack are awesome!! And currently is probably the most reliable pokemon on this team. Like Lucario, has helped me out of quite a few tight spots. I think that perhaps this pokemon was computer generated. I recieved it in a trade over the PPS for a shiny Gyarados that I chain fished off of Route 3. It came with perfect EV spread and a perfect nature and a level of 100.... Imma use it anyway lol! Thunderbolt is there to hurt water types. It is also useful against flying, but with tyranitar and ho-oh both having rock type moves, I generally dont bring my latios into battle to combat a flying type. Psysock is there as my main counter to battle the figting types, but I will be changing this attack to Psycic once I find the TM. Roost is currently being used as a moral killer. Just when they think this pokemon is down for the count, BAM, it eats a Sitrus berry and roosts its way back up to near full HP. Draco Meteor is my last line of Defense/Offense. I generally like to use Girantina against other dragons first so that I don't have to suffer the unfortunate side affect of harshly lowering my SP.Att rendering Latios almost completely useless, but still not having lost a match with this team I'm not really all that worried about it.

TYRANITAR

Careful Nature +Sp.Def/-Sp.Att
Rocky Helmet
Maxed Attack
Maxed Defense
+4 Speed

Stone Edge
Rock Slide ( I need to replace this move as I already have a rock type move but not sure what to replace it with... Any suggestions??)
Crunch
Earthquake

I just like this pokemon. When I am up to the point in the game to get Tyranitaronite (SP??) I may use it, still thinking about it. The auto sandstorm has been quite helpful and I rate this pokemon probably as second best on my team (behind Latios). I know that the nature of this pokemon perhaps could be better, but I am willing to place my bets that this dude will pull through. Also, it hates to loose so you know that its trying its best!! Stone Edge for STAB and Ice, Flying, Bug types. Rock Slide will be replaced once I find a move that I like. Crunch to KO psychic and Ghost types, and Earthquake to destroy the Fighting types that, generally if they go first, KO my t-tar quite easily.

EMPOLEON

Gentle Nature +Sp.Def/-Def
Leftovers
Maxed Sp. Attack
Maxed Sp. Defense
+4 Speed

Surf ( Prefer over Hydro Pump due to better accuracy)
Drill Peck
Grass Knot
Metal Claw (Will replace with Flash Cannon when I am up to that point in the game)

I originally was using a amaura instead, but decided to use this guy as it wasn't 4X weak to fighting (considering half my team is weak to fighting)
While Empoleon is still weak to fighting, I feel it is a better choice. Also, it currently is my only GOOD option when facing a Fairy type pokemon. Surf as my only water move is irreplacable. Drill peck for coverage of fighting, grass type pokemon. Grass Knot is there really because i couldnt figure out what else to put on it as and Ice Beam would have been redundent due to the dragons I currently have on this team. Grass Knot also gives me good coverage against ground types (pokemon such as shellot have water absorb etc.) and other grass type pokemons. Metal Claw will be replaced with Flash Cannon when I beat the Elite Four

Thank You for taking the time to read this post and for the advice,

Regards, Brad Wasted5

EDIT: I have edited the OP and given reasons why I am using said pokemans, and their moves.

Last edited:

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Also, your team is really hard to read. Could you please enter it in the teambuilder on PS! and then edit the op. I will definitely rate later, bit tight now its hard to read.

Definitely switch your t-tar to a mega. While rocky-helmet might be viable, t-tar is far too outclassed in ubers to not use a mega evolution.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)