Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

In the middle of a drought here...the last shiny I hatched was a Honedge at egg# 4,255. I'm going for a shiny Staryu, and I'm up to 5,340 eggs.

That's 1,085 Staryu eggs hatched without a shiny...

I'm using a 6IV German Ditto (the same I used to hatch all my other shinies) and a 5IV English Staryu (that I bred in my own game). I've switched the Staryu parents out 2 or 3 times to maybe bolster my luck. Nothin'.

On the bright side, I guess I'm due for one soon...

Last edited:
Seviper: JP ♀ Seviper, ENG ♂ Zangoose: 372 Eggs/0 Shiny <--GOT SICK OF CHURNING OUT SEVIPERS.
WILL RETURN EVENTUALLY.
Swablu: JP ♀ Altaria/ENG ♂ Altaria: IN-PROGRESS

egg count: 7855

Shiny: 13
(1002th egg) Kricketot (Pokeball)
(1088th egg) Blitzle (Pokeball)
(2376th egg) Cottonee (Pokeball)
(3340th egg) Eevee (Love Ball)
(3840th egg) Misdreavus (Moon Ball)
(3841th egg) Shuppet (Moon Ball)
(5108th egg) Vulpix (Love Ball)
(5343th egg) Cherubi (Love Ball)
(5410th egg) Mawile (Moon Ball)
(5767th egg) Yamask (Moon Ball)
(6183th egg) Ralts (Love Ball)
(7623th egg) Fennekin (Pokeball)
(7852th egg) Sandshrew (Friend Ball)

Actually shiny charm works a lot...yesterday while I was ev training my shiny 6iv greninja...I use sweet scent to lure a horde...and I get two shiny gligar...and shiny charm also work in mm too...728 eggs hatches...2 shiny greninja...

I'll go ahead and pledge 300 eggs.

6 iv jap ditto and 5 iv brave bird zubat.

Edit: first 90 hatched, no shinies.

Last edited:
After 124 Froakie eggs, I got no shiny. Still trying! :D
Edit: I got my shiny charm yesterday and I am using masuda method for this breeding. :)
Edit2: 137, still no shiny.

Last edited:
Ok so at egg 19 my Beautiful 5iv frokie hatched did the rest of my 100 and no more shinys. On to my next batch of 100!
Total
Eggs 200
Shinys 1

Question:
For example, if I were to hatch a shiny pokemon A in 30 eggs, would I have to continue to hatch Pokemon A eggs until I have finished my batch of 90, or could I switch to pokemon B?

Just asking for when I eventually get a shiny.

Question:
For example, if I were to hatch a shiny pokemon A in 30 eggs, would I have to continue to hatch Pokemon A eggs until I have finished my batch of 90, or could I switch to pokemon B?

Question:

There's no need to switch your pokemon once you start mm...it all by luck...if you got a shiny charm the chance will go higher with mm...I got 2 shiny froakie in 728 eggs hatches...just don't give up...coz there's 4 digit on every eggs...if the egg you hatch match with your player 4 digit and it will be shiny...kinda lottery stuff...

There's no need to switch your pokemon once you start mm...it all by luck...if you got a shiny charm the chance will go higher with mm...I got 2 shiny froakie in 728 eggs hatches...just don't give up...coz there's 4 digit on every eggs...if the egg you hatch match with your player 4 digit and it will be shiny...kinda lottery stuff...
What I meant was just to complete the batch (for recording purposes)

you can switch as many times as you want I'm always doing mixed batches.

as long as you as it meets the requirements of the shiny charm and masuda method then its still valid.
we're not recording what the parents are which egg was shiny of anything like that all we record is the total number of shiny charm MM eggs you've hatched and how many of those eggs resulted in a shiny pokemon.

EDIT

I've not hatched any new eggs this week I've been training up a team for Friday

Thanks! That's what I wanted to know!

Update:
Total: 1800 eggs flat
Shinies: 0
try with parents you don't want a shiny for sods law says you will get one after 30 eggs.

I've been trying for a shiny eevee since my first egg still nothing.
my Deino and magnemite were both after a few eggs (I was doing a bit of IV breeding) and I wasn't trying to get a shiny nor wanted them shiny I've since traded them away

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)