Other The OU Theorymon Project (CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We seem to be trying so damn hard to make Gourgeist work, but I think Prankster could actually do this.

It entirely out-classes Mega Banette (who is kind of crap anyways), is physically bulkier than Sableye (and I believe more specially defensive as well due to a much higher HP stat), and has better defenses than Whimsicott as well. While still a bit lackluster against Mega Pinsir, it still carves a giant niche for itself. I'd probably run a set like...

Gourgeist @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Disable
- Substitute
- Will-o-Wisp / Leech Seed
- Destiny Bond

With its unique typing, it's able to take great advantage of Prankster SubDisable sets. Will-o-Wisp has better use for team support, while Leech Seed deals the same damage while healing itself (or its team, temporarily). Obviously, this set is hard walled by anything with Taunt that doesn't mind a Will-o-Wisp or Leech Seed or has a faster Prankster Taunt (Thundurus), so an offensive move can be used in place of Destiny Bond if necessary, but it loses its giant niche of Prankster Destiny Bond. I don't know if I would give up Substitute for its scouting properties in tandem with Disable, though.

Last edited:
Thick Fat Togekiss seems like a decent buff to regular Togekiss, at the very least. The neutrality to Ice-type moves is nice, but the Fire resistance really lets it shine. More switch-in opportunities, more things to really threaten (both MegaZards, for example,) less likely to be taken out by HP Ice... this is really all-around good, and certainly better than Serene Grace. I could definitely see this making an impact.

Slack Off Rhyperior is interesting, to say the least. The problem with Rhyperior is less so the special bulk (though it's an issue, to be sure,) and more so that typing. Even with that commanding physical bulk, attackers with SE moves (read: many,) can make short work of him. Add to that Rhyperior's inability to use Slack Off quickly, and it could end up fairly disappointing. That said, it's a straight upgrade, and even if not every Rhyperior runs Slack Off, having the option is great in and of itself. When it does work (against stuff Rhyperior can tank comfortably or force out,) it seems that it'd be very threatening.

Dragon/Steel Druddigon is a thing. It's a great defensive type, to be sure, as it allows Druddigon to not be maimed by the few viable Fairies, while possibly hitting back with STAB Steel-type moves. However, in a situation kind of juxtaposed by Rhyperior, his typing doesn't get to shine so much because of his stats. Defensively, they're average at best, while he's offensively let down by his Speed. He'd get some good opportunities to switch in on his myriad resistances, but it doesn't take too much to wear him down. I'd like to see how he actually fares against the metagame's threats once he's in.

Prankster Gourgeist is like a hybrid Whimsicott/Sableye. With much better bulk than Whimsicott and a useable Attack stat, I could see a Prankster SubSeed set being totally viable. Meanwhile, acting as a bulkier Sableye could help as well, though I think the best set would incorporate SubSeed alongside WoW for really good passive damage.

Thick Fat Togekiss: Being able to counter both Charizard forms is nice, but that is all it really gets out of Thick Fat. Its big problem is still the SR weakness.

Slack Off Rhyperior: This is similar to Hippowdon, but bulkier and more powerful. This thing is bulky enough to counter Scarf Chomp even though it is weak to Earthquake, so its physical weaknesses are not completely crippling. It is better than Hippowdon against Mega Charizard X, Mega Pinsir, Mega Tyranitar, Dragonite and Talonflame, but worse against Bisharp, Excadrill, Landorus-T, Terrakion, and any special attacker. In short, it is probably about the same viability as Hippowdon.

Dragon/Steel Druddigon: I don't think this really helps much. Most Pokemon in OU have some way to hit Steel types hard, so the new defensive typing really doesn't cover any of its flaws, especially its lack of speed.

Prankster Gourgeist: My evil idea. It would obviously be really good in OU as discussed in the previous posts; I just hope not too many people are turned off by the "annoying" factor.

I might be double dipping by posting again on them, but I just want to speak a little more.

They all seem to carry some form of valuable discussion, yet I seem worried bout two in a way. Togekiss might get side lined as its just another Charizard counter (which is good I don't think its the most interesting topic to discuss) and Rhyperior just being a beefed up Hippowdon with worse typing (which I say reluctantly as I really do enjoy Rhyperior as stated in many posts from AV sets to just being the juggernaut he is).

Gourgeist might be the underdog here though as he himself already possesses a theorymon (it itself said to force Char Y to run Air Slash for practical reasons instead of just cause) and might seem greedy to give him another. Druddigon has horrendous speed, two key weaknesses that are easily exploitable and fixed (Gengar anyone?) and seems like the more interesting topic to discuss. If I were to vote on interesting discussion, I would go Druddigon in a heartbeat, but we aren't doing that anymore. The biggest change I would like to see if a great utilty Mon that serves multiple roles, and that is making me come down to either Gour or Toge.

I really like what the two can do, and while one may not be the most interesting thing to discuss, they both do make great utlity mons and seem exceptional in a meta that could more like them.

I love the Rhyhorn line. They all have so much power and so much bulk and Rhyhorn and Rhydon have great design. It's for that reason I'll talk about Slack Off Rhyperior first.

Slack Off is a great move to accentuate Rhyperior's bulk, but someone would have to come up with a set that isn't a Hippowdon copy to give it a valuable niche. The current sets used that come to mind are Choice Band, Assault Vest, Substite + 3 Attacks, and Rock Polish of which I only ever see the first 2 and none of which would benefit from the addition of this move. So unless someone comes up with a more creative set, this would be a really boring theorymon to use since Hippow already exists. Comparing them: Rhyperior has superior physical bulk to Hippowdon as well as a stronger offensive presence, but it has a much weaker typing defensively. With a physical wall, which is the only set I could really see Slack Off working on for Rhyperior, typing is probably the most important factor to consider. Because of issues related to typing, here's how Rhydon's and Hippo's 252 HP/252 Def+ spreads stack up against the physical side of the viability list:

Hippo walls better
Bisharp
Landorus-T
Terrakion
Diggersby
Mawile
Excadrill
Garchomp

Rhyperior walls better
Mega Charizard X
Tyranitar
Mega Tyranitar
Dragonite
Victini
Talonflame
Entei
Staraptor

Neither are great at walling:
Mega Gyarados
Gyarados (though Rhyperior can KO with SR + -1 Stone Edge where Hippo can't.)
Azumarill
Breloom
Crawdaunt
Sharpedo
Kabutops

Hippow can endure all of the Pokemon in that last list better than Rhyperior can. Moreover Hippow can endure most of what Rhyperior walls better than Rhyperior can of what Hippow walls. Hippow can also summon sand to stop Char Y's sun abuse where as Rhyperior just stays the fuck out of the way.

Base 140 ATK is perfectly usable without investment and is much higher than Hippowdon's and Rhyperior has access to better offensive moves than Hippowdon (like Megahorn and Focus Punch,) but I'm going to use a 252 Hp/252 Def+/4 SpD EQ/Stone Edge/SR/Slack Off set to compare. The significant KOs against the pokemon listed above that boost in power affords Rhy Rhy over Hippo?

2HKO on Mega Tyranitar without SR
OHKO on Dragonite after Multiscale/SR
More consistent OHKO on Mega Charizard X (though both always OHKO after SR.)
2HKO on Azumarill
OHKO on Gyarados at -1 + SR

Didn't we already make Flashfire Gourgeist? (which was a perfectly fitting idea)

We seem to be trying so damn hard to make Gourgeist work, but I think Prankster could actually do this.

It entirely out-classes Mega Banette (who is kind of crap anyways), is physically bulkier than Sableye (and I believe more specially defensive as well due to a much higher HP stat), and has better defenses than Whimsicott as well. While still a bit lackluster against Mega Pinsir, it still carves a giant niche for itself. I'd probably run a set like...

Gourgeist @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Disable
- Substitute
- Will-o-Wisp / Leech Seed
- Destiny Bond

With its unique typing, it's able to take great advantage of Prankster SubDisable sets. Will-o-Wisp has better use for team support, while Leech Seed deals the same damage while healing itself (or its team, temporarily). Obviously, this set is hard walled by anything with Taunt that doesn't mind a Will-o-Wisp or Leech Seed or has a faster Prankster Taunt (Thundurus), so an offensive move can be used in place of Destiny Bond if necessary, but it loses its giant niche of Prankster Destiny Bond. I don't know if I would give up Substitute for its scouting properties in tandem with Disable, though.
Destiny Bond would be amazing, but the set could probably be more obnoxious and have more longevity if you dropped it so you could use all 4 moves which have great synergy: Substitute, Disable, Leech Seed and Will-O-Wisp. I reckon that would be the most infuriating set to face. With that set, even Mega Pinsir would be beaten, since you could burn him, Disable Return or Quick attack, and then keep spamming Substitute while your HP stays high thanks to Leech Seed and Lefties, and because of that, you probably wouldn't find yourself needing to use Destiny Bond much and could just troll their whole team by doing that over and over. Either that, or drop Disable for Destiny Bond and keep the other 3 because it probably doesn't have as much impact overall as the other moves.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well, I can't sleep, so might as well do this.

Thick Fat Togekiss: The way this thing can mess with both mega Charizards now is hilarious. It already walled non-Stone Edge Garchomp into oblivion so why not have it wall something else right? In all seriousness though, this would be quite the buff for Togekiss and would more than likely give it a very solid holding near the top of OU. Losing its weakness to Ice will also make it a stronger candidate for the infamous Dragon, Steel, Fairy cores that I have heard so much about and it's resistance to fire will also complement the steel side of these cores nicely. Stealth Rock and status still say hi though and Serene Grace will be missed quite a bit.

Slack Off Rhyperior: Giving this juggernaut a reliable recovery move is definitely a boon for it, but most attacks aimed at it will either do over 50% anyways, or will leave this thing statused. It's Rock / Ground typing is really what is holding this thing back from its full potential imo. It is still completely manhandled by washtom so it won't be hanging in the top of OU.

Dragon / Steel Druddigon: Disclaimer:There may be some bias coming from me on this one. I absolutely love this idea and I honestly have no idea why. I feel like this would help out Stealth Rock support sets more than anything just because of how fantastic this typing is. This adds to the fact that Drud can also set Stealth Rock through Magic Bounce with Mold Breaker. I don't know, my mind tells me that this thing needs better stat distribution in order to function properly in OU. My heart says that it will do great though because of this new typing. This is definitely receiving my vote but I honestly don't know why it is :p.

Prankster Gourgeist: More Prankster Will-O-Wisp! In all honesty though, this thing looks terrifying. Not only is it now a much more potent burn spreader, but it also has Prankster Sub-Seed and we all know how annoying Whimsicott can be with this combination. It is also a spin blocker and unlike Aegislash, it can actually take on Excadrill without sacrificing its item slot. This is a ridiculous buff imo and it definitely looks like an OU game changer.

Do you guys actually think prankster gourgeist would be balanced though? It seems to me like a ridiculously huge buff that would limit teambuilding. Here's the way I see gourgeist: when you are against it, you either have the option of dying (unless you have very high base speed AND access to priority which isnt mach punch or extremespeed) or you can switch out, and let gourgeist put up a sub and leech seed you / will-o-wisp you and cripple someone in your team. Almost all priority in ou is physical, so even your "counters" are pretty easily dealt with on the switch. The fact that she has two different types of stall damage (leech seed and will-o-wisp) and no-one is immune to both, plus is near guaranteed to get a kill with priority destiny bond. Not taking up a mega slot means gourgeist is always going to be trading its life for something on equal importance or greater, and before that it has an actually decent chance to cripple things due to the switches that sub+priority d-bond will cause. throw gourgeist on a team with a win-condition with very few defensive checks and you can basically force your opponent to lose that check unless they have a great answer to subseed/will-o-wisp.
Can someone who disagrees provide their reasoning so I can try and like this idea? :\ Or perhaps Red Cat you can tell me why you think it would be manageable in the metagame? I know its just a support mon, but it seems to be near impossible to stop from taking out a team member which is reaally difficult for stall to deal with as a playstyle, as well as other playstyles that rely on longevity or putting more importance in one pokemon (eg. any team with a mega). I know you can play mind games and predict the destiny bond and protect your mega, but gourgeist is still going to get a 1 for 1 trade which makes it an instant pick for teambuilding when there is no risk in adding her to your team.

Almost all priority in ou is physical, so even your "counters" are pretty easily dealt with on the switch. The fact that she has two different types of stall damage (leech seed and will-o-wisp) and no-one is immune to both, plus is near guaranteed to get a kill with priority destiny bond.
Magic guard, bouncers, priority taunt.
But yeah, a wow/leech seed/sub/destiny bond set is gonna give everyone nightmares.

Thick Fat Togekiss is definitely my favorite among those, it's typing is pretty good already, getting rid of a weakness while adding another resist makes this even better, it's gargantuan bulk would make this one of the main defensive defoggers in OU (up there with zapdos, mandibuzz and skarmory).

It has some nice support moves too, Defog and Roost would have to be on the set, Thunder Wave would still be good alongside air slash or dazzling gleam, alternatively dual stab or 1 stab + aura sphere/fire blast would be decent too. Even a full on cleric set with heal bell and possibly even wish would be usable.

Definitely gets my vote over slack off Rhyperior who has too easily abusable weaknesses to make use of recovery moves, Prankster Gourgeist, which is unimaginative, essentially a more annoying Sableye and devalues any other form but XL (which is more or less the case anyway, but S still has a small niche of being faster) and Druddigon who lacks the stats to work in OU.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I love the Rhyhorn line. They all have so much power and so much bulk and Rhyhorn and Rhydon have great design. It's for that reason I'll talk about Slack Off Rhyperior first.

Slack Off is a great move to accentuate Rhyperior's bulk, but someone would have to come up with a set that isn't a Hippowdon copy to give it a valuable niche. The current sets used that come to mind are Choice Band, Assault Vest, Substite + 3 Attacks, and Rock Polish of which I only ever see the first 2 and none of which would benefit from the addition of this move. So unless someone comes up with a more creative set, this would be a really boring theorymon to use since Hippow already exists. Comparing them: Rhyperior has superior physical bulk to Hippowdon as well as a stronger offensive presence, but it has a much weaker typing defensively. With a physical wall, which is the only set I could really see Slack Off working on for Rhyperior, typing is probably the most important factor to consider. Because of issues related to typing, here's how Rhydon's and Hippo's 252 HP/252 Def+ spreads stack up against the physical side of the viability list:

Hippo walls better
Bisharp
Landorus-T
Terrakion
Diggersby
Mawile
Excadrill
Garchomp

Rhyperior walls better
Mega Charizard X
Tyranitar
Mega Tyranitar
Dragonite
Victini
Talonflame
Entei
Staraptor

Neither are great at walling:
Mega Gyarados
Gyarados (though Rhyperior can KO with SR + -1 Stone Edge where Hippo can't.)
Azumarill
Breloom
Crawdaunt
Sharpedo
Kabutops

Hippow can endure all of the Pokemon in that last list better than Rhyperior can. Moreover Hippow can endure most of what Rhyperior walls better than Rhyperior can of what Hippow walls. Hippow can also summon sand to stop Char Y's sun abuse where as Rhyperior just stays the fuck out of the way.

Base 140 ATK is perfectly usable without investment and is much higher than Hippowdon's and Rhyperior has access to better offensive moves than Hippowdon (like Megahorn and Focus Punch,) but I'm going to use a 252 Hp/252 Def+/4 SpD EQ/Stone Edge/SR/Slack Off set to compare. The significant KOs against the pokemon listed above that boost in power affords Rhy Rhy over Hippo?

2HKO on Mega Tyranitar without SR
OHKO on Dragonite after Multiscale/SR
More consistent OHKO on Mega Charizard X (though both always OHKO after SR.)
2HKO on Azumarill
OHKO on Gyarados at -1 + SR
Hippowdon isn't walling Mega Mawile, Lanorus-T, and Garchomp better, when it gets OHKOed by +2 Play Rough and can't even OHKO back with EQ, while being unable to even 2HKO Garchomp and getting 2HKOed in return, as well as being unable to do anything back to Lando-T, which easily 2HKOes at +2. Also, the weaknesses of Rhyperior are being overplayed quite a bit, and in fact, Rhyperior can wall most physical attackers with super effective moves against it, as long as they aren't Grass or Water attacks. You don't believe me? See for yourself:
  • +2 252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 324-382 (74.6 - 88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (while Rhyperior always OHKOes with Ice Punch after SR. Adamant is needed for this though)
  • +2 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Rhyperior: 333-393 (76.7 - 90.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • +2 252+ Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 351-414 (80.8 - 95.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 193-228 (44.4 - 52.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (so you can stall it out with LO damage by spamming Slack Off. Not the best solution, but a solution nontheless)
  • +2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 328-386 (75.5 - 88.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
So, as a physical wall that is able to directly deal with its targets by OHKOing them, and not just phaze them while getting weakened in the proccess, Rhyperior is flat out better. Not to mention that Mega Charizard X and Mega Pinsir are some of the most scary and stronger physical attackers, and being able to counter them with little effort is incredible on itself.

And let's not forget that Rhyperior can run a specially defensive set to deal with Thundurus, Aegislash, Mega Manectric, and Raikou, while still countering Mega Pinsir and Mega Charizard X. Also, unlike SpD Hippowdon, Rhyperior can OHKO Thundurus, so Thundurus can't just 2HKO it with +2 HP Ice / Focus Blast.

Thick Fat Togekiss- Not Serene Grace, so I like it! But it does lose that niche to become the "ultimate Charizard X counter", so idk if this would be very good, or if it would just be another annoyingly random ability.

Slack Off Rhyperior- Rhyperior gets recovery, coupled with amazing physical bulk, and good HP. Can't run AV though, but it would probably be worth it, you could get a better Hippo with STAB EdgeQuake, which is always a nice thing to have.

Dragon/Steel Druddigon- Makes a LITTLE sense, but those Fighting and Ground weaknesses are a bitch with how common they are. Mediocre stats, and totally outclassed by every other dragon in existence, Druddigon is like the Dollar store dragon, and not much could change that in my eyes.

Prankster Gourgeist- It's like every decent Prankster user combined! Totally gonna vote for this, way better than Whimsicott, Sableye, and M-Banette, and makes a decent physical wall. Plus, you're pretty much guaranteed at least one kill with Destiny Bond.

Those are my summarized opinions, because just about everything else I wanted to touch on has been said and repeated. Can't wait to vote, Go Gourgeist!

Not only is Assault Vest a terrible item but running it with Rhyperior defeats the purpose of Slack Off. Why even mention AV anyway as you could do it now. Any pokemon not named Conkeldrr is made worse holding an AV, not to even mention how terrible Rhyperiors typing is and how weak unboosted attacks are, even coming from 140 base attack.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
alexwolf Just wanted to mention that Iron Head from Mega Mawile is an OHKO at +2, even if Play Rough is not.

+2 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 445-523 (102.5 - 120.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Incidentally, Rhyperior can't even OHKO with STAB Earthquake.

4 Atk Rhyperior Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Mawile: 240-284 (78.9 - 93.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Not only is Assault Vest a terrible item but running it with Rhyperior defeats the purpose of Slack Off. Why even mention AV anyway as you could do it now. Any pokemon not named Conkeldrr is made worse holding an AV, not to even mention how terrible Rhyperiors typing is and how weak unboosted attacks are, even coming from 140 base attack.
...Come on. Really? I said that he loses the opportunity to use an AV when you use a Slack Off set. I would use an AV so he has passable Sp. Def, along with invested Sp. Def lets him take special attacks moderately well. I can't post one thing without someone jumping at me for how I play. People like you annoy the living shit out of me, especially when you obviously don't know what you're talking about, because assault vest is a great item for many Pokémon, like Goodra, RHYPERIOR, fully offensive Tyranitar, and Slowbro. It is not a shitty item, and Rhyperior is a decent user, but remember that Rhyperior is RU(?), so it inherently is not very good in OU. I'm sick of people criticizing strategies that obviously work or are different/unusual. Learn that different people think and act differently than you, and then come back.

Last edited:

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
alexwolf Just wanted to mention that Iron Head from Mega Mawile is an OHKO at +2, even if Play Rough is not.

+2 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 445-523 (102.5 - 120.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Incidentally, Rhyperior can't even OHKO with STAB Earthquake.

4 Atk Rhyperior Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Mawile: 240-284 (78.9 - 93.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Mega Mawile usually runs only 132 HP EVs, to which EQ does 86.1 - 102.9% -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock. Also, Iron Head is usable but not the superior option on Mega Mawiale, so forcing it to run Iron Head means that other Pokemon such as Heatran and Skarmory are much harder to deal with.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Fair enough. It was simply that you had stated before the calculations that Rhyperior could withstand super effective moves, before showing Mega Mawile's neutral Play Rough that confused me.

Giving Rhyperior reliable recovery is definitely fantastic, alphabet cup is a testament for that, however, Rhyperior is currently no longer below C+ rank (at B- to be specific), so...

Druddigon might need more than just a Steel typing to make it viable even though it is one the the best typing suited for being specially bulky (at least so last gen).
Gourgeist with Prankster is definitely impactful in the meta. However, maybe it's just me liking the idea of the typical Speed vs Bulk thing of Gourgeist formes, so I don't like the idea of completely killing the viability of the smaller formes.
Other than that, Thick Fat Togekiss basically removes any reason anyone wants to use Fairy/Dragon Altaria, which kind of defeats the purpose of Altaria .-.

Overally, Togekiss is the only one that gives us something new to the meta, even though it kills the viability of Altaria, since Altaria is not really that great anyway. Gourgeist getting Prankster destroying the viability of its smaller forms is what prevented it from getting my vote at that phase.

Last edited:
So... we have 3 'mons to vote for now? Doesn't matter to me unless Rhyperior gets a replacement.
As we did when Mamo was accidently put up on discussion, we were sent down to 3 I would assume so unless there is a really good one just waiting to be added. Sorta sad though, I do love Rhyperior alotm

Thick Fat Togekiss: being one of my favourites, I'd like to see him buffed. Probably a better ability on him than Serene Grace (which is awesome, of course). Great special offensive wall.

Slack Off Ryhperior: that would help a lot, but still, low Spdf, and many weaknesses, especially two x4 (and one is maybe the most common attacking type) would make its life kinda hard. I honestly can see this becoming a good physical offensive wall, but this won't help that much.

Dragon/Steel Druddigon: very interesting, this type is quite helpful in this meta. I don't thing he will change the environment, though.

Prankster Gourgeist: ok, listen, I often use both Sableye and Gourgeist. Sabley on his own is incredible thanks to Prankster+WOW+Recover. And Gourgeist is very helpful for my teams, even without Prankster. So I can only imagine what kind of beast this thing would be with Prankster. My standard set is WOW - Leech Seed - Substitute - Fireblast, and Prankster will be an huge benefit. And, last but not least, this will give more space to the L form, the bulky one. I use the S for the speed, but with this ability, that wouldn't matter.
Last though, considering they don't share any weakness, I can see a Prankster core Gourgeist-Sableye.

I hate to be that guy, but Rhyperior has base 115 HP.
I checked serebii and everything, I just derped on typing (on a keyboard, not of the pokemon). The point stands, however; high physical defense.

On topic: That's very disappointing that Rhyperior has to go, actually. I guess the others are still pretty good.

Last edited:
I checked serebii and everything, I just derped on typing. The point stands, however; high physical defense.

On topic: That's very disappointing that Rhyperior has to go, actually. I guess the others are still pretty good.
Well, of the whole bunch, he's the weakest theorymon in this round. Not his fault (well, yeah, partly), but the others have much better niches.

Well, of the whole bunch, he's the weakest theorymon in this round. Not his fault (well, yeah, partly), but the others have much better niches.
I'm confused. Is he a worse theorymon because Rhyperior is bad, or because Rhyperior is good and doesn't need a lot of help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)