Monotype Tour V Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Why would it be banned? Is there some secret use of it I don't know?
all the Pokemon on your team must have that type during the battle. You may, however, change your opponent's type through moves like Soak. You may not do this on your own Pokemon, if such a way exists.
I was mostly referring to this part of the opening. Since protein does allow you to directly change your type it would be breaking the monotype rules would it not? Unless you're going to say something like greninja is only usable on a dark or water monotype and only allowed to use dark or water moves depending on the monotype, same for keclean on normal monotype.

edit: oh fucking hell, meant protean not protein ugh .-.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
I was mostly referring to this part of the opening. Since protein does allow you to directly change your type it would be breaking the monotype rules would it not? Unless you're going to say something like greninja is only usable on a dark or water monotype and only allowed to use dark or water moves depending on the monotype, same for keclean on normal monotype.

edit: oh fucking hell, meant protean not protein ugh .-.
oooooh that makes a ton more sense

yeah its banned as a whole

reasoning being: lets say i choose my team to be grass type, but i include greninja/keckleon/whatever because once it uses a move, it changes type. but hey, i can easily switch on my opponent's steel-type heatran's fire blast, because hey, protean isnt activated yet so its resistant!

i want to avoid that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)