Resource RU Viability Ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I just scanned through the massive list. I'm sure there were a bunch I missed.
Alright, I added a bunch of really brief explanations. The most notable unranked Pokemon on the list I've found are:

• Gogoat, (who I think really needs to be explored more, 123/62/81 defenses with reliable recovery and 100/97 offenses combined with access to moves like Horn Leech, Earthquake, Wild Charge, and Surf as well as a great ability in Sap Sipper has to be good for SOMETHING)
  • Magmortar (who does need to be ranked, considering he has a better ability and better coverage than Moltres and Delphox + an abusable physical attack and movepool)
  • Raichu (Who I think is much scarier as a Nasty Plotter now that it is in the base 110 speed tier and not 100)
  • Regirock (Who is still a great Pokemon right now even with Rhyperior as competition)
  • Vullaby (It's better than you think, trust me)
  • Cryogonal (Still one of the better spinners in the tier)
  • Sawsbuck (Quite a strong SDer)
  • Feraligatr (Also a strong SDer, but it has priority)
  • Sneasel (Loves the Knock Off buff)
  • Scyther (Its versatile as all hell)
  • Liepard (as much as I hate it)
Anyway, enough with the unranked stuff; let's talk about the currently ranked stuff:

S Rank:
Venomoth

B Rank:
Vivillon

There should be no reason for that large a gap between these two. They are really similar, and they both have enough advantages over each other that I think they are pretty close to equally viable. I think they both should be sitting in A or A+ personally.

C+ Rank:
Ambipom

I know most people think Ambipom is way overhyped, but isn't this a little bit low for it? It does suffer major competition from Cincinno, but it has the advantage of Technician priority Fake Out and a much broader movepool, and I think C+ is a tad unkind to it. It's still one of the fastest offensive threats in the entire tier.

D Rank:
Electivire

This is another one that I think is a bit over-hated, but that may just be me. Keep in mind that this isn't 4th gen OU you guys, we don't need to convince people Electivire is overrated anymore. It still has powerful 123/95/95 offenses, amazing offensive movepool, and strong abilities. C+ is probably the lowest I'd put it.

Last edited:

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Alright, I added a bunch of really brief explanations. The most notable unranked Pokemon on the list I've found are:

• Gogoat, (who I think really needs to be explored more, 123/62/81 defenses with reliable recovery and 100/97 offenses combined with access to moves like Horn Leech, Earthquake, Wild Charge, and Surf as well as a great ability in Sap Sipper has to be good for SOMETHING)
  • Magmortar (who does need to be ranked, considering he has a better ability and better coverage than Moltres and Delphox + an abusable physical attack and movepool)
  • Raichu (Who I think is much scarier as a Nasty Plotter now that it is in the base 110 speed tier and not 100)
  • Regirock (Who is still a great Pokemon right now even with Rhyperior as competition)
  • Vullaby (It's better than you think, trust me)
  • Cryogonal (Still one of the better spinners in the tier)
  • Sawsbuck (Quite a strong SDer)
  • Feraligatr (Also a strong SDer, but it has priority)
  • Sneasel (Loves the Knock Off buff)
  • Scyther (Its versatile as all hell)
  • Liepard (as much as I hate it)
Anyway, enough with the unranked stuff; let's talk about the currently ranked stuff:

S Rank:
Venomoth

B Rank:
Vivillon

There should be no reason for that large a gap between these two. They are really similar, and they both have enough advantages over each other that I think they are pretty close to equally viable. I think they both should be sitting in A or A+ personally.

C+ Rank:
Ambipom

I know most people think Ambipom is way overhyped, but isn't this a little bit low for it? It does suffer major competition from Cincinno, but it has the advantage of Technician priority Fake Out and a much broader movepool, and I think C+ is a tad unkind to it. It's still one of the fastest offensive threats in the entire tier.

D Rank:
Electivire

This is another one that I think is a bit over-hated, but that may just be me. Keep in mind that this isn't 4th gen OU you guys, we don't need to convince people Electivire is overrated anymore. It still has powerful 123/95/95 offenses, amazing offensive movepool, and strong abilities. C+ is probably the lowest I'd put it.
It is really hard to reply to a post with like 30 nominations, please try to focus on 2 or 3 in the future @_@. That being said, Venomoth is absolutely better than Vivillon, and they are not all that similar. Venomoth is faster (the one point is relevant), bulkier (in terms of raw bulk and it has much better defensive typing), it has access to baton pass (<--- this is where most of the 2 rank difference comes from), and while compound eyes is cool with Vivillon's movepool, Venomoth has 2 really good abilities as well. The only "advantage" that Vivillon has over Venomoth is Compound Eyes, and this is not nearly as good as Wonder Skin with Baton Pass and maybe slightly less useful than Tinted Lens Bug Buzz. I know that Venomoth is not often seen on the ladder for only god knows what reason, but as I've stated before, unlike Vivillon, without some sort of planned response to Venomoth your team is going to get destroyed and you won't be able to play around it. This is less true for Vivillon, and the increased requirement for team support lowers Vivillon's rank a bit further. The main reason there is this tier difference, it should really be noted, Vivillon requires team support to be successful, while Venomoth Supports its team.

I don't agree with Ambipom and Electrivire moving up, especially not Electrivire which is weaker than its stats reveal, and is extremely easy to wear down, as well as having a good, but not great speed tier compared to many Electric-types.

I believe that from your list and some other ones listed, Ditto, Gogoat, Ludicolo, Sneasel (this was ranked before but got lost in the shuffle, was in C rank?), Regirock, Seismitoad, and Feraligatr are the most deserving of a rank of some sort.

S Rank:
Venomoth

B Rank:
Vivillon

C+ Rank:
Ambipom

D Rank:
Electivire

There's a distinct difference between the two: Venomoth has baton pass. Quiver Pass makes Venomoth a huge threat, and it also has Sleep powder, to damn near guarantee a pass into something that wants it, such as Exploud/and special attacker really. Vivvillon, while very good in its own right, shouldn't be on par with Venomoth, but Vivvillon does need an increase, as many people have stated. Venomoth, however, is fine in S-Rank

Literally the ONLY thing Ambipom has over Cinccino is fake out, and honestly that's really not worth much considering it's the most predictable move in the game. Small advantages over something generally better doesn't warrant an increase.

And it might as well be 4th Gen OU because Evire is still getting RU usage lol. E-Vire on paper looks like a fantastic mon, he just has a lot of bizarre shortcomings. An awkward speed tier, lack of hard-hitting moves(with the exception of Wild charge which kills it pretty quickly), and lack of set-up, D is honestly fine (if not optimistic, should join Hitmonchan imo) for it

[EDIT] Ninja'd by Atomicllamas, points stand

in this thread D rank is "this is viable, though frankly I am not sure why you are using it".
This is a perfect description of Pyroar. A viable Pokemon that could be solid if it wasn't for one Pokemon: Delphox. Delphox almost completely outclasses it, but unlike other Pokemon that Delphox outclasses (specifically Typhlosion), Pyroar does have some features that make it usable over Delphox if your team has specific needs. Specifically: Ghost immunity; Strong neutral coverage; Dark Pulse; Taunt; 2 points more speed!!!!! Yeah it's not much, but it makes it usable in some situations, and I found it a lot of fun to play with using a LO 3 attacks + Taunt set. Too lazy to write more just use Pyroar I've been hyping it since the beginning and for a reason. But Delphox outclass makes it only worth D :[

"this is viable, though frankly I am not sure why you are using it" is also a good description of Claydool.

Why isn't Claydol D? Serious question. "It has Rapid Spin and pebbles" is like the best thing you can say about it, it has almost no redeeming qualities.

Sorry guys, keep in mind I wasn't actually nominating all of the Pokemon I listed, I was just providing a feasible list of all the currently unranked stuff that might be worth ranking down the road. Consider my actual nominations list to be the few I specified.
There's a distinct difference between the two: Venomoth has baton pass.
Definitely the biggest niche Venomoth has over Vivillon. Absolutely unarguable.
...it also has Sleep powder, to damn near guarantee a pass into something that wants it, such as Exploud/and special attacker really.
Actually, Vivillon has Sleep Powder too, and it has Compundeyes to make it 97.5% accurate. It also has a 91% accurate Hurricane.

Literally the ONLY thing Ambipom has over Cinccino is fake out, and honestly that's really not worth much considering it's the most predictable move in the game. Small advantages over something generally better doesn't warrant an increase.
Actually, that's not the only thing it has over it: Ambipom also has access to Baton Pass, (combined with Nasty Plot, Agility, Work Up, and Hone Claws,) Low Kick, (which gets a Technician Boost if it becomes too low a base power,) the Elemental Punches, Focus Punch, and Switcheroo, as well as a massively better Special move pool if you are feeling crazy enough to try a Nasty Plot set. While I agree that Cincinno is usually better, Ambipom is by no means outclassed. It's not amazing either, but I think he deserves higher than a C+.

E-Vire on paper looks like a fantastic mon, he just has a lot of bizarre shortcomings. An awkward speed tier, lack of hard-hitting moves(with the exception of Wild charge which kills it pretty quickly), and lack of set-up, D is honestly fine (if not optimistic, should join Hitmonchan imo) for it
If you look at the tier right now though, Electivire is perhaps one of the hardest hitting things in it, and his coverage and speed is quite good for RU standards. Any tier higher than this I would say no, never use E-Vire, but I think he is about a C+/B- rank mon in RU at least.

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I agree with whoever said that Delphox could be moved up to S rank. I haven't tried anything besies Life Orb and Choice Specs, but the latter has been destructive when I used it. It's there to break your walls, and it does an excellent job in doing so. Fire Blast will put a dent in everything that switches into it, excluding some very bulky 'mons like maybe SpD Jellicent and AV Slowking. The former is taken care of by Specs Psyshock (which does a whole lot, a whopping 59.4 - 70% to 252/0 Def) while the latter admittedly stops Delphox in its tracks. All of that, and it has Switcheroo, which can cripple walls like Slowking, which as mentioned does wall Delphox to no end.

However it does have a problem in having to choose between Psychic and Psyshock. It all ultimately comes down to choosing if you wanna beat Alomomola or Jellicent, with Psychic and Psyshock respectively.

All in all, Specs Delphox is a huge threat and can warrant it a spot in S rank imo. But it does have flaws, and I won't deny that, however I think its pros outweigh the cons.

I think a comparison of Electivire and Emboar is needed aa they both possess near-identical stat spreads and similar movepools with amazing coverage (emboar has sucker punch while electivire has volt switch to increase their versality against certain checks)

Both can fulfill the roles of scarfer, band and even mixed. Though admittedly emboar has better matchup against the tier's myriad of slower psychic and grass types. So instead of slamming electivire why not do up a comparison?

I think a comparison of Electivire and Emboar is needed aa they both possess near-identical stat spreads and similar movepools with amazing coverage (emboar has sucker punch while electivire has volt switch to increase their versality against certain checks)

Both can fulfill the roles of scarfer, band and even mixed. Though admittedly emboar has better matchup against the tier's myriad of slower psychic and grass types. So instead of slamming electivire why not do up a comparison?
The thing is, Emboar has great dual STABs to work with its great coverage. It's also a better mixed attacker because of its typing and movepool. Sure, it's a bit slow and its Defenses aren't optimal, but its high HP patches that issue up. Electivire is frail as shit on the physical side, has an average STAB in Wild Charge and has flawed coverage (Ice Punch is kinda weak, Cross Chop misses, EQ is still good, Flamethrower's not that strong coming from 95 SAtk). All in all, Electivire is pretty inferior to Emboar in most fields.

EDIT:
A+ -> S: Now that I've done a few battles in this tier, I can safely say Delphox is deserving of S-Rank. It's one of the most lethal BP recipients in the tier, if not THE most and is capable of running several effective mixed sets. Choice Specs allows it to hit for insane damage with Fire Blast, Scarf makes it a great revenge killer and finally, LO makes it a hard hitter with the ability to set up CM and the liberty to switch moves. To top it all off, Delphox even gets Switcheroo to troll defensive Pokémon and physical attackers. All in all, it's so ridiculously good that I honestly don't know where else to place it. Delphox for S-Rank.

A -> A+/S
: I may be the first to bring this up, but Zoroark is a monstrous threat in RU. Its main strengths lie in being hands down the best mixed attacker in RU (105 Atk and 120 SAtk are awesome), being a Dark-type (fucks over Delphox, Slowking and Cresselia, gets STAB Sucker Punch and Knock Off, Dark Pulse hits really hard), having a great movepool with Grass Knot, Focus Blast and especially Flamethrower as great offensive options, Taunt allowing it to shut down Pokémon like Venomoth and many defensive Pokémon, Swords Dance and Nasty Plot as setup moves; and lastly, its Ability Illusion, which allows players to pull off mindgames to get in a free Nasty Plot or Taunt. Zoroark is ridiculously versatile and really difficult to bring down. Its terrible bulk is a thorn in its side, but that aside it's just so fucking amazing right now. Zoroark for A+/S Rank.

C+ -> B-/B
: I'll be honest here, Eelektross is still great to use even with Raikou and Tornadus gone. It has great mixed attacking stats rivaling those of Zoroark at 115 Atk and 105 SAtk and an absolutely gargantuan offensive movepool to work with. The introduction of Assault Vest has made Eelektross insanely versatile as well, as it's capable of making about 3 or 4 sets with AV alone (physical AV, special AV and mixed AV) while being able to still go for the hard-hitting route with Choice Band or Choice Specs. However, this is where the good news comes to a close. Eelektross's 85/80/80 defenses, while good, only carry it so far and 50 Speed is really disappointing. It's worn down fairly quickly by stronger attackers, but at least Assault Vest patches up its Special Defense and can turn the electric lamprey into a great offensive tank. All in all, Eelektross is an underrated beast that is basically versatility incarnate. Eelektross for B-/B Rank.

Last edited:
Magneton for B+ at the very least, Specs Analytic T bolt hits HARDER than specs boombust and maggy actually has key resistances and utility in a momentum move.

Physdef Jellicent for A+ this thing DOES NOT DIE has a decent offensive presense and ev's for a reasonably fast taunt. Oh and its by fat the best spinblocker in the tier.

Eelectross for B+ Mixed Av eel is insanely bulky powerful and has godly coverage giving it no "good" switchins.

Can we avoid nominating a Pokemon to move more than 2 ranks? (e.g S --> A is 2 ranks.) It just screams personal bias and almost all suggestions that suggested a Pokemon to move more than 2 ranks are, quite frankly, ridiculous. I will almost never move a Pokemon more than 1 rank at a time, let alone 2, although as this thread is fresh I am more willing to make drastic changes. Just a note - as of now, I plan on updating rankings once a week, though that may change.

Also, I want you guys to go more indepth in your nominations. A lot of you are posting nominations with tenuous and superficial reasoning. This isn't a thread where you post a laundry list of nominations to make the Viability Rankings look exactly how you want them to look. You obviously do not and should not have to write a novel, but you have to have enough meat for it to be any convincing. A list of adjectives and buzzwords does not make for a convincing argument. Some examples of convincing posts so far are atomicllamas's, Molk's, and Darkhuza's. These aren't the only ones - just the first that came to mind.

I know I'm being harsh on you guys, but I don't want this thread to be littered with wacky suggestions supplemented by poor arguments like other Viability Rankings have been known to have.

Cheers :toast:

Emboar has two very distinct advantages: Dual Stab, and powerful coverage. Most of E-Vire's coverage moves (barring EQ) are pretty weak, while Emboar gains access to Flare Blitz, Superpower, EQ, Wild Charge, Sucker Punch, and probably more that I don't feel like checking. Vire's hardest hitting coverage consist of Wild Charge, EQ, Cross Chop/Brick Break (Cross Chop if your a lucky MOF, Brick break for most. And yes i realize Ground/Fighting is redundant but it's Evire its all it gets unless you wanna run that big dragon coverage for Drudd or another Epunch), and an elemental punch. there's a massive power difference, especially when accounting for STAB. E-Vire, while with a nice looking attack stat, really doesn't hit hard enough just due to lack of HARD HITTING coverage. Plus, Emboar has a much better time living hits if he needs to.

Kadabra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4HP / 252 S.Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Modest/Timid
* Psychic
* Hidden Power Rock / Shadow Ball
* Energy Ball / Dazzling Gleam
* Psyshock

I would like to nominate Kadabra for C Rank as a Magic Guard revenge killer.

The moveset above is the best for it in this current RU metagame, Sharpedo got enough speed boosts to sweep your team ? Revenge kill it with Energy Ball, same with Kabutops, Hitmonlee got its unburden boost ? Revenge kill it with Psyshock, Yanmega got its weakness policy boost + speed boost ? Revenge kill it with HP Rock, Moltres got baton passed a Shell Smash and kills your 'mon ? HP Rock.

Let's look at some calcs against RU's most important sweepers:

252 SpA Kadabra Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Hitmonlee: 410-486 (169.4 - 200.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Kadabra Energy Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Sharpedo: 374-442 (133 - 157.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Kadabra Hidden Power Rock vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Yanmega: 396-468 (126.1 - 149%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Kadabra Hidden Power Rock vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Moltres: 284-336 (88.1 - 104.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Kadabra Hidden Power Rock vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Moltres: 316-372 (98.1 - 115.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Kadabra Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Virizion: 356-420 (109.8 - 129.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Kadabra Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Venomoth: 410-486 (119.1 - 141.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

But those calcs are not Kadabra's selling point, it is the fact that it can always take any non-multi hit move and hit back to revenge kill most potent sweepers in RU and thanks to Magic Guard no form of risidual damage could breaks its sash.

P.S: It is also important to note that Kadabra sits at an important speed tier with 105 Speed stat which makes it even faster than Delphox.

Solow-Swan Game

Banned deucer.
Well, to the naughty-no-no doer who removed my post...

I would like to explain to yo' arse that the lines "Nobody stands between me [sic] and my man. / It's me [sic] and Mr. Jones," were drawn from the same song as "What kind of fuckery is this?" Rather than going into a detailed discussion on why there is a clear difference between Vivillion and Venomoth, I posted the lyrics to suggest the triviality of his or her complaints. That the two Pokémon are similarly typed can fill similar roles does not imply that they are equally viable even if one has a comparative advantage and even absolute advantage in particular niches, especially when those niches are generally--as my stupid Amy Winehouse quotation suggest--not to be considered.

Last edited by a moderator:

cyberacc

formerly Suckingmoreducks
I have NO IDEA if this thing has even been mentioned yet, but I see some potential in an RU favourite from last gen;

Swords Dance Sceptile!

This is the Acro + flying gem sweeper, and again, I do see potential in it with the advent of big water and ground types in RU, like Swampert and Gastrodon. Here is an example set from my RU team in the making, 'ru-ssian team' (HARR GET IT).

cyka (Sceptile) (F) @ Flying Gem
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Drain Punch
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance

However, I have not tested this yet because I've heard rumors that the Acro and flying gem combo dosen't work anymore. Can anyone fill me in on this if it is true?

I have NO IDEA if this thing has even been mentioned yet, but I see some potential in an RU favourite from last gen;

Swords Dance Sceptile!

This is the Acro + flying gem sweeper, and again, I do see potential in it with the advent of big water and ground types in RU, like Swampert and Gastrodon. Here is an example set from my RU team in the making, 'ru-ssian team' (HARR GET IT).

Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Drain Punch
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance

However, I have not tested this yet because I've heard rumors that the Acro and flying gem combo dosen't work anymore. Can anyone fill me in on this if it is true?
Flying Gem doesn't exist this gen as it cannot be obtained in any legal way in-game.

Last edited:

Swords Dance Sceptile!

Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Drain Punch
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance

1) wrong thread. http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...lemi-nails-and-honko-tornadus-banned.3503680/
2) it does work, it's just that flying gem doesn't exist in gen 6 yet

cyberacc

formerly Suckingmoreducks
Agreeing whole-heartedly for the Delphox to S-Rank, here's a post I've already made:
Also, I know it's a rather drastic claim, but please move Delphox to S-Rank. Delphox's Specs Fire Blast really fucking hurts, and with STAB Psyshock and Grass Knot, it can beat a multitude of Pokemon. It also has Switcheroo to fuck up Defensive walls and the likes. It's a really powerful Pokemon who has very few counters and hits a very nice Speed tier, it has all the perfect essentials for being S-Rank in my opinion. Also, what makes Sceptile so amazing? I've never really had an issue with it, it's a B+ in my opinion, but why is it at A?
I've got more to input now. Delphox is impossible to wall. People keep mentioning Slowking, but:
252 SpA Choice Specs Delphox Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking: 162-192 (41.1 - 48.7%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Delphox Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking: 162-192 (41.1 - 48.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock, 1 layer of Spikes, and Leftovers recovery
Not even Slowking is walling it anytime soon. It can cripple it's usual checks with Switcheroo, while just spamming Fire Blast against anything. Psyshock compliments it very well and Special walls struggle against it. I put Delphox on nearly all my teams simply because it's so amazing and hard to handle. I know it's a big jump (even though it's just one tier) but I think Delphox is certainly deserving of S Rank

Agreeing whole-heartedly for the Delphox to S-Rank, here's a post I've already made:

I've got more to input now. Delphox is impossible to wall. People keep mentioning Slowking, but:
252 SpA Choice Specs Delphox Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking: 162-192 (41.1 - 48.7%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Delphox Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking: 162-192 (41.1 - 48.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock, 1 layer of Spikes, and Leftovers recovery
Not even Slowking is walling it anytime soon. It can cripple it's usual checks with Switcheroo, while just spamming Fire Blast against anything. Psyshock compliments it very well and Special walls struggle against it. I put Delphox on nearly all my teams simply because it's so amazing and hard to handle. I know it's a big jump (even though it's just one tier) but I think Delphox is certainly deserving of S Rank
Keep in mind that AV Slowking is very popular, and with Regenator Slowking has no problem healing off the damage, here's the calcs of using the AV Slowking set off RU Teambuilding:

252 SpA Choice Specs Delphox Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 248 HP / 44 SpD Assault Vest Slowking: 142-168 (36.1 - 42.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
216+ SpA Slowking Scald vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Delphox: 234-276 (80.1 - 94.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Although this may seem disappointing, keep in mind, because of Slowking's terrible speed, it only will count as a check to Delphox, not a full counter, which if that isn't enough firepower, I don't know what is. The problem can also be patched up my Zoroark, so... yeaaaah.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

AV Slowking cold stops any Delphox. The thing that makes AV Slowking the ultimate counter to Delphox, the Specs set especially, is that AV King isn't totally fucked by getting a Specs. It's running 4 attacks anyway because of AV, along with heavy Special Attack investment. Now, outside of AV Slowking, there really isn't much that handles Delphox reliably. They either get screwed by one of its offensive moves, or are relegated to handling the Specs set or the LO set, but not both. Switcheroo screws any wall that switches into the Specs set, but the CM set can setup on a few walls. Whereas, something that can take a +1 attack from CM Delphox and KO back (Druddigon for example) can be screwed by switching into the right move from the Specs set. For these reasons, one could argue Delphox is S rank, but I feel its common weaknesses (including Dark, Rock, and Water) and a common true hard counter that can easily stay alive are just enough to keep it in A+.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I feel Clawitzer is a bit too low in C+. It has the movepool to threaten most Pokemon slower than it, mainly pretty much any Stealth Rock / Trick Room users (that I can think of) as well as even Trick Room sweepers in RU, which can net offensive teams a huge amount of momentum from the get-go simply due to the amount of pressure it can put on them turn 1. Scald / Water Pulse, Dark Pulse, Aura Sphere, Sludge Bomb / Ice Beam are all incredibly useful walbreaking tools that threaten a huge variety of defensive Pokemon. Sure it competes with Exploud for 'universal wallbreaker', but the real kicker Clawitzer has is its slow U-turn, which coupled with its aforementioned offensive presence can really snag momentum, and it pairs well with fellow U-turners / Volt Switchers due to its powerful coverage. That said, it does have its fair share of hard counters (Amoonguss and Gastrodon) and faces the same problems Exploud does, so maybe inching it up to B (or B-) would probably suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)