Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Late to the party I guess.

I feel that a lot of people are over-thinking the differences between the box-art images and the normal Groudon and Kyogre. I've had a good look at them, and apart from the obvious glowing areas, they seem exactly the same. I just think GF stylized the duo to make them more exciting to look at. ordinarily, Groudon and Kyogre look a little.. bland, when you compare to the addition's to the legendary pool that we've had since gen 3. Mega versions are likely IMO, I just don't think the box art depicts those forms.

Apart from that. I'm really happy they're doing the remakes, I started playing Pokemon in gen 3 and I fell in love. Now i get to relive that feeling! EEEEEEEEEEEEP

+ The footage we were given shows the duo in their "normal" forms. too early to say for sure. but i really doubt the box art is anything significantly to do with potential mega evolutions.
Actually, it was confirmed that the pokemon on the box are "brand new pokemon," which means they are indeed new forms of Groudon and Kyogre.

CrushinDefeat

Defeat me if you can... Survive if I let you!
New Forms sounds much better than Mega Evo's o.o, don't get me wrong I would love a Mega Groudon as much as the next guy, but its just so crazy o.o I think it would have an 800 BST :o! I guess the forms are going to be maybe called Omega Form or Alpha From. Also guys another thing occurred to me. Why are the games being called Omega Ruby/ Alpha Sapphire. Why did they go the route of using Greek Alphabet Letters. Tbh I love Alpha Sapphire/ Omega Ruby, but I think the names Alpha and Omega could have been used for other series like a Gen 7 for example. Im interested to see what the significance is of the choice of those letters. I can understand X and Y being a nod at the planes of graphs. Also how Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, relate to the x,y,z axis and how this ties to 3D graphics.

New Forms sounds much better than Mega Evo's o.o, don't get me wrong I would love a Mega Groudon as much as the next guy, but its just so crazy o.o I think it would have an 800 BST :o! I guess the forms are going to be maybe called Omega Form or Alpha From. Also guys another thing occurred to me. Why are the games being called Omega Ruby/ Alpha Sapphire. Why did they go the route of using Greek Alphabet Letters. Tbh I love Alpha Sapphire/ Omega Ruby, but I think the names Alpha and Omega could have been used for other series like a Gen 7 for example. Im interested to see what the significance is of the choice of those letters. I can understand X and Y being a nod at the planes of graphs. Also how Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, relate to the x,y,z axis and how this ties to 3D graphics.
I think I've said this like 5 times now, but I'll say it again lol. The omega sign looks extremely similar to the team magma sign and the alpha sign looks extremely similar to the team aqua symbol. These symbols also pop up as patterns on the box art forms of groudon/kyogre. This is showing at the names wanted to amplify the fact that the enemy teams will have a huge impact on these new forms.

Moving right along back to the topic:

How does everyone think Team Aqua and Magma will develop in these games? More of an impact, similar to Emerald or like Ruby and Sapphire where only 1 is bad? I am thinking it'll run like Emerald but something will happen in OR to make Groudon take the shape of the box art and the same with with Kyogre in AS. Maybe they use the wrong orb to awaken them?

CrushinDefeat

Definitely more of an impact in my opinion I can definitely see Archie and Maxie doing more nefarious tasks, I find it odd that the opposite team helps you out that was odd, It'd be interesting just to see them go for their own Pokemon. Maybe you accidently screw one of them over and then one of them gets both orbs so that way the legends are exclusive ect. I gotta say though Tabatha was pretty cool, I'd like to see Steven get more involved maybe.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I just saw POFFINS mentioned and would like to say that I also think the game would benefit from these tasty treats. in DPP when my metagross did well in battle tower, I always fed it a poffin (its favorite flavor was spicy I think?) to reward it. being able to reward your pokemons is nice for the roleplay aspect and even if they are just lameo pokeblocks it would be a cool mechanic to come back imo

if they already have some equivalent in xy im sry for my ignorance )=

also they could include clothes for pokemon like in the dp contests so you can equip a spacesuit to your pokemon when you go into space
Go into Amie and feed them pokepuffs?

If they were smart they would use this opportunity to re-introduce the FR/LG/E move tutors for the first time since gen 3, to finally remove the necessity of having GBA games for exclusive moves.
Yeah because we all want everyone to have easy access to seismic toss kangaskhan...

Go into Amie and feed them pokepuffs?
Although Amie was a feature that was new and innovative, it seems as if Gamefreak half-assed it. I got easily distracted by the 3D and the new sensation of having actual interactivity with my Pokémon. If you look past that, the feature was limited.

You could pet your pokemon, which was nice even though they only gave you either a happy or pissed off response. There was the "Making Faces" game which was almost impossible to execute or even start, especially when you have glasses like me. Who knew that making the kissy face in public for two minutes turns out to be really awkward. There was also the option to play games, but there were only three. They were legitimately hard too, and by hard, I mean the skills of an 18 year old almost couldn't beat the high scores; a damn puzzle in 20 seconds, I almost got hand cramps.

Now let's look at the prizes. At the standby screen you can get rewarded by playing with your Pokémon, furniture and stuff, which kind of reminds me of secret bases, but more limited. You had affection, which had helpful effects and I admit to it being cool, but the game was already easy already and I don't enjoy having my Zangoose's poison cured every couple of minutes. Also like in the games, you could get Pokepuffs just by waiting around, which was completely and utterly EFFORTLESS(games too). Those things kept piling up, I couldn't get rid of them fast enough without flinging them in all directions, Pangoro looked as if he was going to murder me. The sad part was that no Pokémon had any preference whatsoever.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, this is why Poffins, or at least something with a similar production process should be made. Pokeblocks were an initial test; effective, but spamming A got boring after a while. We also had Berry Juice or whatever it was called in HGSS for the Pokeathlon. It was the easiest and laziest way introduced to make things for your Pokémon, just walk around to create juice. This leaves Poffins as the best choice to have when the game comes out. The only down side being that you couldn't make them on the go, something I hope you can do anywhere. Sure it takes effort to make them, but that was the fun part. I never had more than I needed, and it felt like I was actually cooking. Maybe it's the fat kid in me, but I don't see why Poffins can't be put into the remakes outside the fact they were introduced in DPP, but it would be a better alternative to Puffs if we can't make them by hand.

Last edited:
I get the feeling that to stay true to the Hoenn games, they'll use Pokeblocks, but I'm almost positive they'll make use of the 3DS' abilities in order to make the creation process more fun. It would be silly not to, and we already know how much Game Freak likes to make use of the 3DS with things like Malamar and the annoying face-copying game.

If they were smart they would use this opportunity to re-introduce the FR/LG/E move tutors for the first time since gen 3, to finally remove the necessity of having GBA games for exclusive moves.
I think a lot of effort, read not enough though, was made by GF to have XY be as close to a restart as possible. Consider the Kalos marker any pokemon caught or bred in Kalos has and how that impacts BattleSpot to a degree. Indeed GF has kind of shown a desire to reign in Stealth Rock post GenIV. I expect them to not go back to old movesets that are now only found through 'legacy'.

Speaking of that though will Kalos and Hoenn 6th Gen get their own symbols?

Will Hoenn go back to the really specific pokedexs too?

Actually, it was confirmed that the pokemon on the box are "brand new pokemon," which means they are indeed new forms of Groudon and Kyogre.
They also used the words "dramatic new world" in the original 31 second trailer. These games are remakes so we are almost completely certain it's going to be the Hoenn region that we know. The smatterings of the word new are just to catch their target audience's attention IMO.

It is just like New Super Mario Bros. The new is just marketing. It's not like anyone can sue them for saying that lol.

Moving right along back to the topic:

How does everyone think Team Aqua and Magma will develop in these games? More of an impact, similar to Emerald or like Ruby and Sapphire where only 1 is bad? I am thinking it'll run like Emerald but something will happen in OR to make Groudon take the shape of the box art and the same with with Kyogre in AS. Maybe they use the wrong orb to awaken them?
I think the omega and alpha are there for a reason. Maybe they unleash new forms of Groudon and Kyogre that are more destructive? We don't even really know if it will be exactly like the old games or like say Platinum where there are a lot of changes. That makes it more exciting though.

Okay, the following stuff is confirmed:
1. It plays in hoehn
2. Groudon and Kyogre are accsesable
3. There will be trumpets

Potential predictions.
1. Groudon and Kyogre get new forms.
It is confirmed that the box legendaries are brand new pokemon. However, we are talking about Gamefreak.
5/10

2. New tutors.
every remake has new tutors.
9/10

3. Dual abilities
See brand new pokemon. Is not that farfetch'd when you think that this is ze remake of hoehn, where abilities were included
6/10

While I think it would have been much more fitting to link the names to the ocean/continental volcanic natures, alpha and omega makes sense as it references the mascots' ability to create and destroy.

As for the use of the word "new," I'm pinning it down to a mix of misunderstood wording to increase hype, and slight errors in translation ( like, "brand new" doesn't quite have the same effect in Japanese as in English). At this time, no new forms, megas, or locations can be confirmed

CrushinDefeat

I just realized I have something I want the game to accomplish. Now when we look at the old games of R/S/E we were given a few legendaries to capture. Your pick of either Groudon, Kyogre( Both in Emerald), Rayquaza, All 3 Regi's, one of the Eon Duo, and thats about it. Now clearly there are other legendaries (Jirachi and Deoxys) but some fans never got a chance to ever get to capture those pokemon because of different reasons( Not buying certain games for linking up, missing Wi-Fi Events). I feel with Omega and Alpha, All of Hoenn's legendaries should be fair game to catch and implemented in the game rather than Downloads, I also feel that Regigas could be a nice touch to the legendary roster despite being a Gen 4 Legendary. I just want more legendaries to be involved rather than just having a few and then having to wait for the other legendaries.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Nah, Deoxys and Jircahi will always be event mon IMO. Just like mew has always been, and Celebi, too. It's just a way for them to bring in more people to their events. If they didn't make some 'mons event-exclusive, nobody would go to their things (certainly not as much as if they did make them event-only 'mons).

I just realized I have something I want the game to accomplish. Now when we look at the old games of R/S/E we were given a few legendaries to capture. Your pick of either Groudon, Kyogre( Both in Emerald), Rayquaza, All 3 Regi's, one of the Eon Duo, and thats about it. Now clearly there are other legendaries (Jirachi and Deoxys) but some fans never got a chance to ever get to capture those pokemon because of different reasons( Not buying certain games for linking up, missing Wi-Fi Events). I feel with Omega and Alpha, All of Hoenn's legendaries should be fair game to catch and implemented in the game rather than Downloads, I also feel that Regigas could be a nice touch to the legendary roster despite being a Gen 4 Legendary. I just want more legendaries to be involved rather than just having a few and then having to wait for the other legendaries.
I partially agree with the sentiment that legendaries should be easy to get by any serious player, but event exclusive legendaries being in game available 1) makes them less special 2) isn't going to happen because gf loves their special features and 3) isn't necessary as I can guarentee there will be a deoxys event in the near future (at least I hope , because I don't have one)

Probably been said already, but I'm guessing the red and blue orbs will transform into Groudonite and Kyogrite respectively, much akin to how the enigma stone turned out to be the soul dew under closer inspection.

I am so hyped for this. With this, the new Smash games, and the newly announced Borderlands pre-sequel, the hype train never stops!
As far as predictions go, I feel like it'll be similar to SoulSilver and HeartGold - more of a remake of the third game in the generation, with version differences thrown in. I don't feel like the new forms on the box cover are different enough to warrant a true Mega-Evolution; rather, I think it'll just be new forms. Not to mention that Mega-Kyogre would snap Ubers in half :3
I'd really like to see the return of the Battle Frontier, with a few extra things like the PWT added in, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high. Game Freak has said that the Battle Frontier in Emerald was almost too big; and although we have a lot more processing power in the 3DS than the poor little GBAs and SPs ever had, they still might not add anything. I'll be massively disappointed if they downgrade it, though. The other things I'm hoping for are the return of Contests (duh), and Type Gems. I really miss the Type Gems as a fun, unorthodox way to smash the opponent in one strike; I hope they come back so that I can do that again.
On one last note, does anybody else remember the scrapped music from RSE of the legendary dogs? Maybe they'll add them in this time around, to address concerns like the above about there being not a lot of legendaries to catch.

Hey guys. Long time away, but I'm back with an interesting point. So listen up.

Who here remembers the most infuriating thing on Victory Road? The trials causing the player to try and try again for days on end? The malevolence without a guide?
Strength puzzles.

Strength has COMPLETELY changed since the last 2 generations have passed. So what will they do? Will they change the puzzles entirely? Will they dumb them down? Will they reinstate the old method of strength?

Any thoughts on this? That, despite being anger-inducing, was one of my favorite and most memorable things from the old games.
(Side note: Has the trick house been discussed yet? If not, I'd like to bring up whether or not you guys think that will be kept the same or use all new tricks utilizing the new 3D and engine?)

Since I've been gone a while, I'll also list the things I hope come back which you can respond to or not:

Pokeblocks
Battle Tents
Battle Factory (or whatever one gave you rental pokemon)
Trick House
Champion Steven (not wallace)
Battle Frontier (THE FULL THING)
Contests (progressive difficulty)
Graphics to really show off the locations
Ash collecting
Not changing the layout of the places but making the different locations really shine (like Fortree or Pacifidlog)
Trumpet Music
Old EXP Share
[Placeholder for the one I know I'm forgetting]

I also want them to replace the gyms with new puzzles that fit the new improved engine

I'll add more as I come up with them

Last edited:
Scizor used Cut!
Even though Hoenn is my favorite region, I haven't played RSE in years. To be honest I don't remember any Strength puzzles. Either I just plain don't remember them or they were ridiculously easy (I do remember needing Waterfall for something - that was annoying -_-#). However, I'm all for new puzzles - I don't think they are that hard (except that ice cave in GS *shudders*).

As for the Trick House; yeah, it was brought up and discussed a bit a few pages back - I'm too lazy to find which pages, though. Once again, I am for new puzzles (and more), especially utilizing that fancy 3D tech. I just hope the TH lasts a little longer this time.

Even though Hoenn is my favorite region, I haven't played RSE in years. To be honest I don't remember any Strength puzzles. Either I just plain don't remember them or they were ridiculously easy (I do remember needing Waterfall for something - that was annoying -_-#). However, I'm all for new puzzles - I don't think they are that hard (except that ice cave in GS *shudders*).

As for the Trick House; yeah, it was brought up and discussed a bit a few pages back - I'm too lazy to find which pages, though. Once again, I am for new puzzles (and more), especially utilizing that fancy 3D tech. I just hope the TH lasts a little longer this time.
I'd be fine with new puzzles, but the huge boulders don't seem to lend themselves to inventive puzzles like the old ones did.

Also, here's a link toward just some of the most difficult puzzles (for me as a kid) from that game: http://www.psypokes.com/rs/seafloor.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)