Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

RNG Reporter program: 9.96.5 Beta
Computer using: Windows 7 pro 64-bit computer with 4.5 .NET framework installed

Problem: I originally had an unhandled exceptions issue so I looked up some answers on how to resolve it, I extracted RNG Reporter with 7-Zip (clicked "extract files") and it resolved the unhandled exceptions issue, however, now when I run searches, I get no results even when I don't set exact IVs on either eggs or captures. What did I do wrong?

EDIT: I hit "Extract all" as well and I still get the same results.

Well, there's a small problem. I can't seem to find my delay for RNGing the Distortion World Giratina. I always come up with no results for my coin flips, and the search range is incredibly wide so I don't think I'm missing anything there. I'm also putting my game clock at 19:55 like I should(since my target time is 19:58 and I have to be 3 minutes early).

What am I missing?

Attachments

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
-Is it safe to download eepid.exe and Spinda Painter? cuz my Anti virus blocks the page (pokemon.thundaga.com) every single time I try to download those programs, and the site is listed by the anti virus as a "site with potentially dangerous content" so idk.
I still have my doubt about pokemon.thundaga.com though. Does anyone else know why is that a "potentially dangerous site" by my anti virus?
I have a relevant question: Why do you need those programs? I've never used either of those programs, and I've RNGed wilds, legendaries, and eggs on my Emerald just fine. If you want 4th gen results, just use Pokecheck (for the next week, anyway).

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
I have a couple of questions:

-Is it safe to download eepid.exe and Spinda Painter? cuz my Anti virus blocks the page (pokemon.thundaga.com) every single time I try to download those programs, and the site is listed by the anti virus as a "site with potentially dangerous content" so idk.
I have a relevant question: Why do you need those programs? I've never used either of those programs, and I've RNGed wilds, legendaries, and eggs on my Emerald just fine. If you want 4th gen results, just use Pokecheck (for the next week, anyway).
Both programs are for finding the base calibration value for Emerald Shiny eggs.

Been years since I ran the programs myself, but they didn't give me issues back then. If you're that worried about them, try using a base calibration value of 19, or 20 if you have an active roamer, to start off with and see if it works. That seems to be the standard base (mine's 20 since I haven't bothered to catch Latios.)

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
As Xeno said, to find the base calibration for Shiny Eggs and PIDs (?) in my Emerald.

Both programs are for finding the base calibration value for Emerald Shiny eggs.

Been years since I ran the programs myself, but they didn't give me issues back then. If you're that worried about them, try using a base calibration value of 19, or 20 if you have a active roamer, to start off with and see if it works. That seems to be the standard base (mine's 20 since I haven't bothered to catch Latios.)
No, its not about the programs giving me issues (i don't even have them lol), is about downloading them from the site pokemon.thundaga.com (my anti virus doesn't let me even go to the page because it is a "site with potentially dangerous content") and because of that I've been stuck for calibrating Eggs in my Emerald. And unfortunately I caught my roamer eons ago, so what calibration value should I use in case I want to try?

An interesting thing I have learned: it may be impossible to obtain certain wild shinies on certain save files of Emerald WITHOUT using a synchronizer.

I've been trying to RNG a shiny trapinch and just succeeded, but not without first catching a shiny sandshrew that appeared on the same frame during a previous attempt. So it is indeed possible to catch different species of shiny on the same frame.

However, I also know for a fact that RNG sets the species and held item on each frame; these are locked in the same way IVs are. While looking for my shiny trapinch, I encountered, on two consecutive attempts, a pokemon with the same IVS and gender. So I know I hit the same frame twice in a row. However, both pokemon were cacnea, which has only a 6% encounter rate in Emerald, and each was holding a poison barb, which only 5% of cacnea do. The chances of encountering this twice on the same frame by "chance" is extremely low. It's also worth noting that the cacnea encounters meant my synch hadn't worked that turn.

So my hypothesis is this: the reason you can get different species of shiny on the same frame when species is locked for each frame is because synchronizers do not skip entirely to a new frame. I think what is happening is that when a frame is selected upon entrance to battle, the RNG first checks species before anything else. THEN it checks whether synchronize works. If no, the rest of the frame loads as predicted. If yes, the game keeps the species that the rng already called for, and skips to the next correctly-natured frame before loading the rest of that frame to determine IVs, gender, and shininess. In this way, using synchronize can create several pokemon species with the same stats, gender, shininess, and everything else. Shiny pokemon caught in the wild by using synchronize are actually hybrids of two different frames.

This means if you don't use a synchronizer, and frame 2938 is a shiny zigzagoon on a certain route, it will always be a zigzagoon unless you choose a different frame (which may have worse IVs or an undesirable nature).

It also means that the frames between synch frames are actually important, because you have to hit one with the species you want. If you've only got five frames between synch frames and none of them produce a skarmory, you will never get a skarmory, you will get a lot of spindas, and you have to a choose a different frame.

This is probably not relevant to a whole lot of people because wild shinies in Emerald can be obtained with better IVS in other games much more easily, but I still like playing Emerald and I thought I'd share my findings.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
An interesting thing I have learned: it may be impossible to obtain certain wild shinies on certain save files of Emerald WITHOUT using a synchronizer.

I've been trying to RNG a shiny trapinch and just succeeded, but not without first catching a shiny sandshrew that appeared on the same frame during a previous attempt. So it is indeed possible to catch different species of shiny on the same frame.

However, I also know for a fact that RNG sets the species and held item on each frame; these are locked in the same way IVs are. While looking for my shiny trapinch, I encountered, on two consecutive attempts, a pokemon with the same IVS and gender. So I know I hit the same frame twice in a row. However, both pokemon were cacnea, which has only a 6% encounter rate in Emerald, and each was holding a poison barb, which only 5% of cacnea do. The chances of encountering this twice on the same frame by "chance" is extremely low. It's also worth noting that the cacnea encounters meant my synch hadn't worked that turn.

So my hypothesis is this: the reason you can get different species of shiny on the same frame when species is locked for each frame is because synchronizers do not skip entirely to a new frame. I think what is happening is that when a frame is selected upon entrance to battle, the RNG first checks species before anything else. THEN it checks whether synchronize works. If no, the rest of the frame loads as predicted. If yes, the game keeps the species that the rng already called for, and skips to the next correctly-natured frame before loading the rest of that frame to determine IVs, gender, and shininess. In this way, using synchronize can create several pokemon species with the same stats, gender, shininess, and everything else. Shiny pokemon caught in the wild by using synchronize are actually hybrids of two different frames.

This means if you don't use a synchronizer, and frame 2938 is a shiny zigzagoon on a certain route, it will always be a zigzagoon unless you choose a different frame (which may have worse IVs or an undesirable nature).

It also means that the frames between synch frames are actually important, because you have to hit one with the species you want. If you've only got five frames between synch frames and none of them produce a skarmory, you will never get a skarmory, you will get a lot of spindas, and you have to a choose a different frame.

This is probably not relevant to a whole lot of people because wild shinies in Emerald can be obtained with better IVS in other games much more easily, but I still like playing Emerald and I thought I'd share my findings.
That happens because of encounter slots, the same way as it does in 4th gen games. You can see that it happens in my (still not uploaded) guide here.

Well so this would be my first RNG(on HG)I use R4 so it takes more time to open the game(I need to pass 2 menus) so I cannot do it inside the tim?e eon timer gives me (27:65)which makes me miss the delays by slight amount of seconds how do I adjust to such a problem

Well so this would be my first RNG(on HG)I use R4 so it takes more time to open the game(I need to pass 2 menus) so I cannot do it inside the tim?e eon timer gives me (27:65)which makes me miss the delays by slight amount of seconds how do I adjust to such a problem
After setting your time (press A to set time on the menu), you can actually just turn it off immediately using the power button. But if that still doesn't let you catch up to your time, then the only thing I can recommend is that you find another seed/spread that takes longer than your current time.

After setting your time (press A to set time on the menu), you can actually just turn it off immediately using the power button. But if that still doesn't let you catch up to your time, then the only thing I can recommend is that you find another seed/spread that takes longer than your current time.
Is it possible to do this?I set my clock 1 min early,use an external accurate clock for 1min during which time I reach the main page from where I only need to click to enter the main page of the game,then time myslef to reach the continue game page right at the moment the timer ends?

Is it possible to do this?I set my clock 1 min early,use an external accurate clock for 1min during which time I reach the main page from where I only need to click to enter the main page of the game,then time myslef to reach the continue game page right at the moment the timer ends?
I see, I haven't actually tried that setup yet, so I can't vouch for it (since I can't say for certain that the external clock is synchronized well to follow your ds's). But if you feel that you don't seem to precisely hit a particular delay (when there is a drastic change among them), then it shouldn't hurt to change your seed to have a time that is more convenient for you.

I see, I haven't actually tried that setup yet, so I can't vouch for it (since I can't say for certain that the external clock is synchronized well to follow your ds's). But if you feel that you don't seem to precisely hit a particular delay (when there is a drastic change among them), then it shouldn't hurt to change your seed to have a time that is more convenient for you.
well all seeds are :59,which always brings 27:65 so no choice

well all seeds are :59,which always brings 27:65 so no choice
Sorry to hear, if you're missing your delay by the seconds, you can adjust by adding/deducting x number of seconds to your target second. If you were too early, just add the number of seconds, and if you were too late, try deducting from your target second.

Sorry to hear, if you're missing your delay by the seconds, you can adjust by adding/deducting x number of seconds to your target second. If you were too early, just add the number of seconds, and if you were too late, try deducting from your target second.
I miss it by 6 secs

I can get 33:65 by making target sec 5,but that will affect the second timer,wouldn't it?
I think it affects the two stage timer as a whole, I've never really accounted for its effect other than I was able to hit my target second after the appropriate adjustments.

Hey everybody, I hope this is the right place to post a question :3

Im using the latest RNG reporter, pokemon Black 2, and a DS lite. Im trying to learn how to RNG (I know how to in soulsilver but not in black2), and for some reason I can't get the iv part (the most basic part lol). I've calibrated my parameters and picked a seed with frame 1, the iv spread is roughly perfect, but for some reason when I capture the pokemon and check its ivs they never match. I have already tried to start the game 1 second in advance because that was my offset during calibration. Here's some of my info that might be helpful:

{{{Vcount= 82 Vframe=8 Timer=1107 Gxstat=6}}}

Btw im just trying this out with the minccino on route 5 in the hidden grotto after Bianca does the demonstration... I hope I included enough information :3

If anybody could help me out that would be greatly appreciated! :)

"The biggest difference is the method used is Wondercard IVs, so make sure that's what you set it to when trying to hit your frame. In addition, when doing this in DPPt make sure you bring up the menu the moment you enter your game to prevent any unnecessary advances by NPCs." So... non-wandering NPCs can advance the frame as well? Does this mean I can't use coin flip to check my frame?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
"The biggest difference is the method used is Wondercard IVs, so make sure that's what you set it to when trying to hit your frame. In addition, when doing this in DPPt make sure you bring up the menu the moment you enter your game to prevent any unnecessary advances by NPCs." So... non-wandering NPCs can advance the frame as well? Does this mean I can't use coin flip to check my frame?
Coin flips can't ever check the frame - only the seed. You can use it after obtaining the gift to see what delay you hit, though.

Coin flips can't ever check the frame - only the seed. You can use it after obtaining the gift to see what delay you hit, though.
So I'll have to assume I hit the right delay, do the advancements, receive Entei, then check the seed I hit?

Edit: Nevermind, that's literally what you just said.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 14)