Other OU Teambuilding Competition Round 5 [Entries OPEN See Post #294]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What i dislike about the molk team is the move choices aren't finished for every mons. I think going for pursuit is a good idea, as you will be able to trap Lati@s and giving free the way for keldeo. The HP fly of keldeo is great to lure venusaur that take around 50% and it easly 2HKO if the SR are in. The pokemon that may trouble your team the most, is probably mamoswine as only keldeo can come in, and take sever damage if it takes an earthqake. Finally, i do not see what the 252 Spd EVs in deoxys-S allows you to Outspeed, but its a detail. Anyway this team is probably the most effective that week. You have my props:

Molk

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
What i dislike about the molk team is the move choices aren't finished for every mons. I think going for pursuit is a good idea, as you will be able to trap Lati@s and giving free the way for keldeo. The HP fly of keldeo is great to lure venusaur that take around 50% and it easly 2HKO if the SR are in. The pokemon that may trouble your team the most, is probably mamoswine as only keldeo can come in, and take sever damage if it takes an earthqake. Finally, i do not see what the 252 Spd EVs in deoxys-S allows you to Outspeed, but its a detail. Anyway this team is probably the most effective that week. You have my props:

Molk
Oh, yeah i see what you mean with the move choices, although that really isn't that i'm not decided on what moves to use, it's more because while i have a set out of those move options that i prefer, i'm definitely aware that there are other options on those Pokemon that people might prefer, so i added them in as slashes like in an analysis as a kind of "i use this set, but alternatively you can use the moves slashed alongside over the first set to achieve some cool things". Like as you mentioned, Pursuit on Aegislash can honestly be really useful to take out lati@s for keldeo, letting it punch holes in the team more effectively once those are even weakened by Pursuit.

Mamoswine is definitely an issue for the team lol, i've definitely played it before and it's given me some major trouble tbh. It hits pretty much every member of my team hard and the only thing i can really do is try and predict around it (get keldeo in on an ice move or smth) or sacrifice a pokemon and revenge kill it w/ either Keldeo or Deoxys-S. definitely a threat to watch out for.

On the Deoxys-S Ev spread, i think i actually used an old import by mistake lol :x, all you really need is enough speed to get scarfchomp, although i *guess* running max speed can help you out in deo-s vs deo-s matchups.

Oh, yeah i see what you mean with the move choices, although that really isn't that i'm not decided on what moves to use, it's more because while i have a set out of those move options that i prefer, i'm definitely aware that there are other options on those Pokemon that people might prefer, so i added them in as slashes like in an analysis as a kind of "i use this set, but alternatively you can use the moves slashed alongside over the first set to achieve some cool things". Like as you mentioned, Pursuit on Aegislash can honestly be really useful to take out lati@s for keldeo, letting it punch holes in the team more effectively once those are even weakened by Pursuit.

Mamoswine is definitely an issue for the team lol, i've definitely played it before and it's given me some major trouble tbh. It hits pretty much every member of my team hard and the only thing i can really do is try and predict around it (get keldeo in on an ice move or smth) or sacrifice a pokemon and revenge kill it w/ either Keldeo or Deoxys-S. definitely a threat to watch out for.

On the Deoxys-S Ev spread, i think i actually used an old import by mistake lol :x, all you really need is enough speed to get scarfchomp, although i *guess* running max speed can help you out in deo-s vs deo-s matchups.
This may sound ridiculous but instead of deoxys, I have used a trick room slowbro to let mawile sweep. Its been strangely effective up till now also a lot of fun.

Gary was supposed to update it, I thought (chatted with Sub18 in OU on Shoddy)... I would imagine the bigger issue is the next core.

NOOOOO, I CAN'T STEAL TEAMS FROM HERE ANYMORE IF THIS THREAD DIES!!!!!!

On a more serious note, I feel that this is one of the more informative threads, and provides a lot of in depth anyalasis on team archetypes. Please don't let this die.

I think they realized there was little point to running a thread where all the decorated users gained all the votes. There's little point to promoting a teambuilding competition for teambuilding practice if they're just going to give the round away to some already good player.

Still, it was nice to see all those teams and participate.

I think they realized there was little point to running a thread where all the decorated users gained all the votes. There's little point to promoting a teambuilding competition for teambuilding practice if they're just going to give the round away to some already good player.

Still, it was nice to see all those teams and participate.

the decorated users clearly made the best teams.
The teams here were quality.
I don't see you making any teams here worth using.

please revive this thread

This thread was discontinued due to the amount of bad teams there were. Many of the same people were placing in the top teams every week and the discussion was a bit lacking. Unless a complete overhaul was performed, I'm not sure the thread will be revived.

This thread was discontinued due to the amount of bad teams there were. Many of the same people were placing in the top teams every week and the discussion was a bit lacking. Unless a complete overhaul was performed, I'm not sure the thread will be revived.
What if the teams were PMd to the OP or a group of mods first, and the decent ones were added to the thread? Or something along those lines

the decorated users clearly made the best teams.
The teams here were quality.
I don't see you making any teams here worth using.

please revive this thread
Obviously decorated users made better teams, I just said they were better players!

And being a frequent poster on this thread I had quite a few people praise the teams I made. I don't even remember you posting at all. I'm not taking crap from a lurker.

In any case the pm'ing idea is a good one. Maybe users can submit a team and then a more decorated player can help them improve it, sort of like a sponsoring type thing. And then the sponsored teams would be discussed in the thread and a tourney could be added at the end to see which team was best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)