2013/2014 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
iturraspe would be quite nice for arsenal, same with laporte. while were on it, we might as well raid bilbao.

i dont want suarez, benzema or mandzukic. suarez is a fucking cunt, benzema will cost way too much for my liking, same with mandzukic.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
iturraspe would be quite nice for arsenal, same with laporte. while were on it, we might as well raid bilbao.

i dont want suarez, benzema or mandzukic. suarez is a fucking cunt, benzema will cost way too much for my liking, same with mandzukic.
Who would you want as a striker then?

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
Who would you want as a striker then?
Maybe Immobile, he's been impressive this season. idk

I'd rather have someone "up-and-coming" for a decent price, than paying tons for a 30-year old with maybe 2 years on top left. Like how Chelsea shopped 2 years ago(Hazard, Oscar), is what I wanna see from Arsenal, and this is why I desperately want Draxler.

I'd rather have someone "up-and-coming" for a decent price, than paying tons for a 30-year old with maybe 2 years on top left. Like how Chelsea shopped 2 years ago(Hazard, Oscar), is what I wanna see from Arsenal, and this is why I desperately want Draxler.
Out of the ones you named that you did not want in your previous post, Benzema is 26 years old, Suarez is 27 and Mandzukic is 28. Mandzukic is obviously the inferior alternative out of those 3 in terms of ability and age but someone like Benzema would be perfect for Arsenal.
Also Immobile is pretty much a Dortmund player, deal is practically done.

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
Out of the ones you named that you did not want in your previous post, Benzema is 26 years old, Suarez is 27 and Mandzukic is 28. Mandzukic is obviously the inferior alternative out of those 3 in terms of ability and age but someone like Benzema would be perfect for Arsenal.
Also Immobile is pretty much a Dortmund player, deal is practically done.
I know they're not superold, which brings me onto a different thing I wanted to mention. Leaving a first-team spot in Real and guaranteed trophies (pretty much) for Arsenal, kinda triggers your "diva" cells. idk, bad way to put it whatever. We saw this somewhat with Özil(the BFG incident, the fact that he kinda hasnt delivered too good considering his price tag), and I fear the same thing will happen with Benzema, especially if the price is high. Özil+Benzema reunion woulda be kinda sweet though.

Immobile in Dortmund would be sweet, hyped for CL 2014/15 already!

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion

Wait... what? "up-and-coming" for a decent price? Hazard cost over 30 mill. Draxler's release clause is something like 35 mill.

If you wanted that, you should've been asking for Drmic, he fit the bill. The others are all nowhere near what you want.

Benzema would be a great signing. He has 4-5 "top years" left. And he's amazing. Immobile will cost a packet and he's also 24. I'd much rather have Benzema there.

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
Wait... what? "up-and-coming" for a decent price? Hazard cost over 30 mill. Draxler's release clause is something like 35 mill.

If you wanted that, you should've been asking for Drmic, he fit the bill. The others are all nowhere near what you want.

Benzema would be a great signing. He has 4-5 "top years" left. And he's amazing. Immobile will cost a packet and he's also 24. I'd much rather have Benzema there.
I wanted Drmic. I obviously want Benzema, but I don't want the Özil issue again.

Still think Vermalean has life at Defensive Mid. Whilst Arsenal fans are dreaming sell Ozil to Bayern and go get Javi + 15million and use the rest to get the better German Reus. Ask them to throw in Pizczek because Sagna is a whiny prick who shouldn't stay after running his contract down this much. Then throw in Remy and they might get 3rd.

-------------------Szczeny----------------------

Piszcek --- Kos ---- Mertesacker ---Gibbs

--------------Ramsey-----Javi------------------

----Walcott ------Cazorla-----Reus----------

-----------------Giroud/Remy------------------

Still think Vermalean has life at Defensive Mid. Whilst Arsenal fans are dreaming sell Ozil (Not as good as Carzorla) to Bayern and go get Javi + 15million and use the rest to get the better German Reus & Pizczek together from Dortmund throw in Remy and they might get 3rd.

out of all the things that won't happen, this one won't happen the most.

Remy seems like a realistic player, though.

Last edited:

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I wanted Drmic. I obviously want Benzema, but I don't want the Özil issue again.
What Ozil issue? I would very happily take more issues like Ozil. If you say he hasn't performed up to what you expected, I'd beg to differ.

Still think Vermalean has life at Defensive Mid. Whilst Arsenal fans are dreaming sell Ozil to Bayern and go get Javi + 15million and use the rest to get the better German Reus. Ask them to throw in Pizczek because Sagna is a whiny prick who shouldn't stay after running his contract down this much. Then throw in Remy and they might get 3rd.

This isn't Football Manager man, things aren't that easy. And selling Ozil would be a horrible idea. If this teams buys a good striker and defensive mid, I can see them challenging for a title - without a doubt.

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
I don't think Remy is quite what we need, and I disagree with people saying Giroud is so god damn shit. He might be inconsistent, and not performing in bigger games, but he's got a couple of moments of pure magic. Then again, consistency is what we need to fight for the title, so a striker is obviously necessary.

I'm not saying Özil has performed bad at all (however, I kinda expected better), but outside of the field issues, with Özil kinda seeming to lack passion, and I'm talking specifically about the BFG incident vs whatever team the played against.

I thought Draxlers contract ended this season, meaning we could sign him for free? I guess I'm wrong then.

Also, Arsenal have apparently made a bid on Serge Aurier, this is something I definitely would want to see happening. Great talent.

Shiv

mostly harmless
I don't think Remy is quite what we need, and I disagree with people saying Giroud is so god damn shit. He might be inconsistent, and not performing in bigger games, but he's got a couple of moments of pure magic. Then again, consistency is what we need to fight for the title, so a striker is obviously necessary.

I'm not saying Özil has performed bad at all (however, I kinda expected better), but outside of the field issues, with Özil kinda seeming to lack passion, and I'm talking specifically about the BFG incident vs whatever team the played against.

I thought Draxlers contract ended this season, meaning we could sign him for free? I guess I'm wrong then.

Also, Arsenal have apparently made a bid on Serge Aurier, this is something I definitely would want to see happening. Great talent.
Agreed on Remy and Giroud. I wouldn't mind Remy, he is a decent option for what we want. Pace and good finishing. That said, he's already 27 and it's unlikely that he turns into a world beater now. Giroud is a stud - don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The guy has improved tons and was looking great till he basically got jaded along with some personal issues (Celia Kay).

Are you talking about when Mert gave it off to him for not applauding away fans after a tough defeat? That's not an "issue". It happened once, it hasn't happened again. You have to remember Özil plays best when he has runners running behind the defense who he can send out inch perfect passes to. At Madrid, he had Ronaldo / Benzema / Di Maria to do this. At Arsenal, he had Theo to do this. And late runs of Ramsey.

If you look at when he started dropping off, it was when Theo and Ramsey both went out the team. Apart from that, his off the ball movement is outstanding. Half the goals we score are scored because Özil has moved and forced defenders to react to him, creating space for others. It's outstanding and something that no member of the English press even knows exists. Outside of the field, Özil has probably looked the happiest in his career - this is coming from a variety of people who have been following him since he was 17. All in all, watch what he does next season, it'll be beautiful. He does need to work on his body language when things are going against us though, that's about it.

Draxler signed a contract last season. He has a 37.5 million release clause which we were rumored to consider triggering in Jan. I'm kind of glad we didn't. I like the guy but that is way over priced. I'd rather get Griezmann for around 25 million.

Yeah, I like Aurier too. I'd like to sign him even if Bac stays. That way we can send Jenko on the loan he needs as well as settle Aurier into the club and maybe get Bac some rest here and there. Plus, that way, we can consider playing Bac as a CB occasionally as well.

Shiv

mostly harmless
Shit, that's huge news.

What happened four years ago?

Also, that's not so great for us since that means Real may not buy him which means we might not be able to nab Benzema :)

On a different note, if you guys are down for a draft-style fantasy league for the upcoming premier league season, drop me a message.

Last edited:
genius stuff from Uruguay. he's started every game for us and has never been injured and they fuck up his knee in the first day of training.

I'm sad for him because he should have a good world cup if he wants to win the Ballon d'or. I'm hoping Messi and Ronaldo disappoint for their countries.

Since we are talking about the WC I thought I'd make predictions, I've probably changed my mind since the groups were drawn.

Group A
Brazil
Croatia
Mexico
Cameroon

Group B
Spain
Chile
Netherlands
Australia

Group C
Colombia
Japan
Ivory Coast
Greece

Group D
Italy
England
Uruguay
Costa Rica

Group E
France
Switzerland
Ecuador
Honduras

Group F
Argentina
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Nigeria
Iran

Group G
Germany
Portugal
USA
Ghana

Group H
Belgium
Russia
South Korea
Algeria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)