MegaZor Balance [1904 Peak/14th on the ladder]

Hey man, great team there!
I've trying and i noticed that you have an azumarill and specially crocune weakness
I think that facade CB azumarill or simply the BD one would be great for this team instead of sylveon
You lose wish and heal bell support, yes, but you win simply to much offensive presence, and also new ways to play against some annoying stuff

I do question if Landorus could run Gravity to allow Focus Miss to actually hit the opponent or if Heatran could run a different moveset with Roar. Otherwise this is a team that I would have wanted to build if my mind could come up with those great EV spreads and synergy. Great replays, great team! 9.5/10

Hey man I commented here earlier but I've been thinking about ways to fix the water weakness (specifically Keldeo, Crocune and Azumarill). I was looking for a water resist that could fulfill the other duties the team needs as well. In the end, I came up with Choice Band Dragonite over Garchomp. Still revenge kills well with a strong Espeed, while it also has more power than Chomp. CB Outrage 2HKO's Bold max defense Suicune, meaning you have a good chance to beat it as long as it doesn't burn you. Doesn't like an Icy wind from Keldeo, but still makes it so that it can't spam Sacred Sword mindlessly any more. And if necessary, can always tank one Icy wind with Multiscale intact. Mandibuzz is one of the most reliable Defoggers around, so that shouldn't be too hard. BD Azu is killed by Espeed. Bulky versions are a bit harder to kill, but EQ does a fair amount:

252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 221-260 (54.7 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I kinda want to test this in the near future, but I thought I'd just leave this here.

I've been using this team for like 3 weeks maybe 2? I've enjoyed it. Keldeo has been my only issue. Besides that I've wrecked everything put in my face. 13-1 with my profile Cap'n Teach.

First of all, let me congratulate you on making it so high with such a huge water weakness; you must be one brilliant battler. That brings me to the elephant in the room: water-types. Your team is pretty susceptible to both bulky waters like Crocune, Vaporeon or the accursed Rotom-W, as well as sweepers and wallbreakers like CB/Belly Drum Azumarill , Mega-Gyarados and Keldeo, especially if they form cores with bulky behemoths like Ferrothorn or Mega-Venusaur.

I don't think I need to tell you that Mandibuzz is your (somewhat unreliable) answer to the aforementioned grass-types, which can otherwise spread leech seed and thunder wave as they please. The foul-play counter to Azumarill is also unreliable, as a bulkier bunny can take the hit and proceed to smash through the rest of your team. I tested, and found that Azumarill running 72 HP EVs will not die to +6 Foul Play if SR isn't present. Mandibuzz itself is prone to being taunted or poisoned by faster threats/Prankster users. Rotom-W, even with mimimum SpAtk investment, has a good chance to 2HKO Mandibuzz with Volt Switch after SR, seeing as you aren't running Leftovers.

I suggest a WishProtect Vaporeon:

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Speed

Moveset:
Wish
Protect
Scald
Roar / Toxic / Ice Beam Heal Bell

This Vaporeon is the best answer to opposing water-types, including Keldeo, Azumarill, Greninja and Gyarados. It can take the place of Sylveon as well as Heatran by passing large wishes as well as burning and poisoning opponents (though I feel that toxic does not work well with scald, and roar would be a better way to deal with boosters). Ice Beam is an option.
The only downside is that Vaporeon misses out on some things: It cannot be a cleric Turns out it can learn Heal Bell, so don't bother with Celebi;and it cannot set up hazards. To answer that, I suggest a partner such as Gliscor:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 40 Def / 224 Speed

Moveset:
Taunt
Stealth Rock / Defog
Earthquake
Roost / Knock Off / Toxic

This set, acts as a pivot, maintaining good physical bulk while being fast enough to taunt all common hazard setter except Aerodactyl (which is rare) and also being able to set up its own hazards. It is worth mentioning that Defog is incompatible with Poison Heal, though.

This Gliscor pairs very well with Vaporeon as it can take the electric and physical grass moves aimed at Vaporeon, and can also avoid its water and ice. The last slot is up to you as Roost prolongs longevity while Knock Off eases your team's support. Toxic is an option, but you shouldn't need it if you're running Toxic on Vaporeon.

With this set, I really think you can replace Mandibuzz as well, seeing as Gliscor is immune to toxic (and all status, courtesy of Poison Heal) which really cripples Mandibuzz. Gliscor can also beat Aegislash easily thanks to STAB Earthquake. That leaves you with another option of using Celebi as another partner:

Celebi @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold / Calm
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Speed

Moveset:
Toxic
Heal Bell
Stealth Rock / Recover
Leaf Storm / Giga Drain

This set is an ideal replacement to Sylveon and forms a good core with your team, since Celebi can use Stealth Rock as well as Heal Bell and Toxic alongside a defensive spread to further support the team. Natural Cure allows it to care less about status. Celebi will also handle many all of the water-type threats faced by Scizor by threatening them with an immediate high-powered STAB Leaf Storm or a more consistent Giga Drain.

And lastly, I've seen many trying to tell you to put Iron Head or Poison Jab onto Scarfchomp, but I feel it's redundant. The only relevant fairy-types are Togekiss, Azumarill, Mawile, Sylveon and maybe Gardevoir, of which the two most dangerous take neutral damage from Iron Head. Poison Jab might be situational in always beating Togekiss after SR and standing a good chance to destroy Azumarill at 75%, but bear in mind that Stone Edge does more to Togekiss, whereas Poison Jab does only 10 damage more than a STAB Earthquake to Azumarill. In generall, I think Fire Blast makes a much more useful coverage over Dragon Claw, despite the awkwardness of being stuck using it, as in a situational scenario, it can take out nuisances like Skarmory and Ferrothorn. And I don't recommend using any other dragon type here (including the somewhat hyped Scarf Kyurem-B or CB Dragonite), as they cannot deal with incoming Lati@s or Mega-Charizard X as well as function as a dangerous cleaner and revenge-killer the way Garchomp does.

That's all, and thanks for reading through this lengthy tirade. Personally, I love your choice of MegaScizor, and I use a bulky SD set myself. In fact, thanks to you, I have replaced Superpower with Knock Off on mine, being convinced that it holds more merit in defeating Aegislash and providing support without reducing my stats. If you find this helpful, it was my pleasure.

Last edited:
Yo, what's up. Really nice team here. However I do see a fatal weakness to Azumarill. Especially the Belly Drum Set when your Mandibuzz is gone.What do you do to remedy this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)