Staying away from popularity: Pokemon that you like that others don't and hate that everyone likes

Which one, out of the six Pokemon chosen, is your favorite?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diggersby is hated for more than that. It's hideous for one lol.

Mantine gets like 0 love. Most people forget it even exists. Funny how it is the counterpart to Skarmory yet that has been OU for ages and Mantine has been NU all its life. Its typing is its main flaw, a special wall being quad weak to electric sucks. However it has a cute design (Mantyke even more so), has 140 base special defense and is great fun to use in game. In one of my nuzlockes I used as a toxic staller to great effect.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I like a whole lot of underrated mons but literally one of my favourites is Emboar (because uh yeah I'm pretty sure Pumpkaboo, Clauncher and Herdier are loved enough - those four being my faves... and Volcarona OH OH AND ENTEI). In Gen 5 it was the bad, ugly evolution, whereas I find the concept and it in general and its design and shiny as amazing. It's literally a fighting fire pig which has an awesome design and the prettiest shiny of most! :3 LITERALLY EMBOAR IS AMAZING.

ACTUALLY. Generation 5 in general, people bitched about the designs but I literally love every single gen 5 mon (for nostalgic reasons mostly) and whenever I see one I'm like ":333" because gen 5 is literally the bestest in terms of designs. I love them all, even Garbodor and Stunfisk and Trubbish and the genies and Musharna and everything else possibly disliked. So... yea. That's the stuff I like that mostly everyone dislikes lol.

I bet you made that entire post just to make the pun at the end lol.
Lol, I swear I didn't recognize that until you said.

Anyway,let's continue.

Tyranitar:
Here comes GF's beloved child. Stupid, fat, dinosorish monster with monstrously high stats, lots of moves which it should'nt learn in the first place. My dislike is more like a "dislike that hyped by GF." Because in every gen, it just got stronger and stronger, and got a mega too. It is as if GF tspecifially tries to troll me.
The worst part is its movepool. It has lots of Ice/Electric/Fire/Dragon attacks in its arseal. So normally lots of mons have them but can't use them because of their stats,but Tyranitar hasn't got that problem and also it doesn't need that moves, but it still has, despite some mon's who actually need that moves doesn't have them.

I'm ok on that they make some mons stronger than others, but some of them -ilke Tyranitar- especially notorious and GF just goes too far at biasing them. You know, the same people who gave Flareon Flare Blitz just in this gen and didn't give Glaceon Freeze-Dry just because.

I just adore the shit out of Cute and Cuddly Pokemon (Thus my fav Pokemon are Clefable and Whimsicott) and have a harder time liking Big and Badass Pokemon. So thats why i naturally like Cherrim or the Fairy type, and despise Poison type.

Speaking of Fairy, why were people complaining bout dem? There was no Steel/Ice to resist and send back attacks at the Dragons which hold the dragon spam (Though i believe this gen is the bird spam). So i think they made a right choice doing Fairy, and it eventually became my fav type.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Speaking of Fairy, why were people complaining bout dem? There was no Steel/Ice to resist and send back attacks at the Dragons which hold the dragon spam (Though i believe this gen is the bird spam). So i think they made a right choice doing Fairy, and it eventually became my fav type.
I think the main complaint is that the pool is shallow at the moment, not necessarily the designs.

At least, I hope so: I am convinced anyone who hates on Klefki and Slurpuff to be soulless, cold husks of human beings.

I think the main complaint is that the pool is shallow at the moment, not necessarily the designs.

At least, I hope so: I am convinced anyone who hates on Klefki and Slurpuff to be soulless, cold husks of human beings.
Eh, what do you expect from a new type? A huge beautiful movepool to choose from? Nah.

Eh, what do you expect from a new type? A huge beautiful movepool to choose from? Nah.
Well I expected at least more than 1 physical move. Also here is a new underrated Pokemon I want to add:

So I used a Heliolisk when I was over at my grandma playing Pokemon X and Y for the first time and it was pretty good. Anyway because I was at my grandma Heliolisk reminds me of my grandma and well both are happy looking people and Pokemon. My grandma passed away a few weeks ago and ever since I always think about my grandma when I see Heliolisk.

I like a whole lot of underrated mons but literally one of my favourites is Emboar (because uh yeah I'm pretty sure Pumpkaboo, Clauncher and Herdier are loved enough - those four being my faves... and Volcarona OH OH AND ENTEI). In Gen 5 it was the bad, ugly evolution, whereas I find the concept and it in general and its design and shiny as amazing. It's literally a fighting fire pig which has an awesome design and the prettiest shiny of most! :3 LITERALLY EMBOAR IS AMAZING.
Yup, you're right. I like them. Except for Entei's battle theme, I like everything about them.

It fell out of favor a long time ago, but I still really like Metagross. Great variety of moves, hits fairies like a truck, looks pretty cool...I want him to work this gen.

Personally, i cant get enough of Aurorus's design, its majestic, cool (literaly), its typing is unique, and its ability is awesome (refrigerate hyper beam ftw). while i understand why some people hate it due to its not spectacular stats and terrible defensive typing, aurorus is one of my favorite fossil pokemon, alongside rampardos and good ol kabutops.

Personally, i cant get enough of Aurorus's design, its majestic, cool (literaly), its typing is unique, and its ability is awesome (refrigerate hyper beam ftw). while i understand why some people hate it due to its not spectacular stats and terrible defensive typing, aurorus is one of my favorite fossil pokemon, alongside rampardos and good ol kabutops.
252+ Pixliate Mega-Gardevoir's Hyper Beam hits harder. However, I have been a life witness of Aurorus' Hyper Beam. Once on the Battle Test I saw one Aurorus. It used Hyper Beam, which butchered my Specially Defensive QuiverPass Venomoth at full health.

Last edited:

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Aurorus does have a niche in doubles/triples on round teams, which is pretty cool.

I think this is just the generation of 4x type weaknesses. 12 out of about 38 final form pokemon added in this generation have at least 1 4x type weakness, or roughly 31%. That seems pretty high, though I'm not counting out the number of 4x weaknesses from previous gens for comparison.

Aurorus - fighting, steel
Hoopa - dark, ghost
Chesnaught - flying
Talonflame - rock
Vivillon - rock (doesn't really count 'cuz most bugs are also flying)
Pangoro - fairy
Malamar - bug
Barbaracle - grass
Carbink - steel
Noivern - ice (doesn't really count 'cuz a lot of dragons are also flying)
Zygarde - ice
Diancie - steel

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Aurorus does have a niche in doubles/triples on round teams, which is pretty cool.

I think this is just the generation of 4x type weaknesses. 12 out of about 38 final form pokemon added in this generation have at least 1 4x type weakness, or roughly 31%. That seems pretty high, though I'm not counting out the number of 4x weaknesses from previous gens for comparison.

Aurorus - fighting, steel
Hoopa - dark, ghost
Chesnaught - flying
Talonflame - rock
Vivillon - rock (doesn't really count 'cuz most bugs are also flying)
Pangoro - fairy
Malamar - bug
Barbaracle - grass
Carbink - steel
Noivern - ice (doesn't really count 'cuz a lot of dragons are also flying)
Zygarde - ice
Diancie - steel
You got me curious, so I decided to count all of these up. I'm counting different formes and megas as separate Pokemon for this, and if they got an evolution in a later generation I'm counting them too, because they were fully evolved at the time. I know it's not the most consistent way to count it but that's what I went with.

Gen 1: 18.5%
Gen 2: 28.8%
Gen 3: 18.5%
Gen 4: 20.6%
Gen 5: 17.4%
Gen 6: 29.3% (Probably different from yours because I counted the Gourgeist versions separately.)

Gen 6 seems to barely edge out Gen 2 for most dual weaknesses either way, which may be why some of our newer Pokemon are struggling despite seeming useful elsewhere. Hard to overcome really important weaknesses like Aurorus has unless you have a huge selling point like Talonflame. I really like Aurorus though, and I do wish it was good. Our world needs more adorable rainbow dinosaurs.

Yeah, Aurorus' typing had the potential to be one of the best offensive STABs in the game... aaaaaand then it got hit with Defensive Ice Type Syndrome.

You got me curious, so I decided to count all of these up. I'm counting different formes and megas as separate Pokemon for this, and if they got an evolution in a later generation I'm counting them too, because they were fully evolved at the time. I know it's not the most consistent way to count it but that's what I went with.

Gen 1: 18.5%
Gen 2: 28.8%
Gen 3: 18.5%
Gen 4: 20.6%
Gen 5: 17.4%
Gen 6: 29.3% (Probably different from yours because I counted the Gourgeist versions separately.)

Gen 6 seems to barely edge out Gen 2 for most dual weaknesses either way, which may be why some of our newer Pokemon are struggling despite seeming useful elsewhere. Hard to overcome really important weaknesses like Aurorus has unless you have a huge selling point like Talonflame. I really like Aurorus though, and I do wish it was good. Our world needs more adorable rainbow dinosaurs.
Did you count the Bulba family for Gen 1? Remember that back then Bug was SE against Poison and vice versa.

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Did you count the Bulba family for Gen 1? Remember that back then Bug was SE against Poison and vice versa.
I didn't, though I thought about making a calculation for it. If you want a calculation based off of how it just was in Gen 1, you get 16/81 or 19.8%. That calculation gains the three Grass/Poisons but loses things like Mega Pinsir and Magneton's retyping, meaning it's not as big of a jump as you'd expect.

My favorites go way back to gen one such as Arbok
Muk
Persian
Nidoking
Cleffable
Primeape
Gen 2
Houndoom
Miltank
Magby
Entei
Hate suicune
Love raikou
Gen3
Sharpedo
Bellossom
Walrein
Wailord
Seviper
Crobat
Need I say more?

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
I dislike all of the gen 2 starters

I also never really liked the gen 1 starters all that much either.

My favorite is probably wailord, but it is always forgotten. I always wanted one back in emerald, but grinding wailmer <<<

I really like Amaura because it's cry sounds like it's going "WHOO-WHOO~"
Went through the trouble to MM the little darling for maximum adorable.

Everyone I talk to seems to hate it just because either it's bad defensive typing or that Tyrunt is apparently cooler. Ha! Amaura is Ice type, can't get much cooler than that.

I've always liked cacturne and its design. I often feel people forget about the poor guy and he isnt too well liked but i just love his mischievous look and how coolhis flavor is

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
My favorites go way back to gen one such as Arbok
Muk
Persian
Nidoking
Cleffable
Primeape
Gen 2
Houndoom
Miltank
Magby
Entei
Hate suicune
Love raikou
Gen3
Sharpedo
Bellossom
Walrein
Wailord
Seviper
Crobat
Need I say more?
Crobat and Bellossom are both Gen 2 Pokemon.

like i said in my introductory post, i will go to war for vanillite. so many people shit on it for being 'just a dumb ice cream cone', but it's so adorable. i tried to MM a shiny back in gen V, but no luck. i wish vanilluxe's stats were better though.

also, how can you not love that look of concern it gives you when you accidentally pet its frozen cheeks in amie?

Pokémon I like that no one else does
  • raichu
  • plusle
  • minun
  • lucario
  • luxray
Pokémon everyone likes that I hate
  • bisharp
  • talonflame
  • landorus
  • arceus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)