Shiny Pokemon Experiences

Ever found a shiny Pokemon

• Total voters
And my shiny streak grows to non-stop! Looks like Lady Luck likes me now. Who knows, I might get laid with the hottest girl in the neighborhood win the Lotto or something. Today it was a Skiddo while going to Lumiose. Being too lazy to use Fly paid out!

Played Heartgold today for apricorn ball 'mon. Found and caught a Shiny Abra while looking for a Venonat. And just now I found and caught a Shiny Zubat while looking for a Magmar.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I found my first shiny hatching an Eevee I planed on evolving into Glaceon. (This was when I was noobier then I am today.) For some reason, I was running through the grass near the icy rock. (Again, noob days) when I ran into a Shiny Snover. IRL, I ran to the bottom of the stairs leading to my sister's room screaming at the top of my lungs, "SHINY POKEMON! SHINY POKEMON!" I remember that He had a Bashful Nature; I taught him Blizzard, Shadow Ball, and Giga Drain; and I was forced to delete the save file when I glitched it up messing with a Cheating Device. I could have gotten another one with said cheating devise, but it wouldn't have been the same.

My second nonhunted shiny was a Spinark. I found it on the day Heart Gold came out in the US by looking for Heracross in the wrong area. when seeing it come onto screen, I thought, "Another Spinark..." then did a double take. "Wait, was it BLUE!" As It sparkled, I said in awe, "Shiny Pokemon." After catching it, I saw that it had a Rash Nature and decided to teach it Giga Drain to take advantage of its boosted Special Attack. This was after I became less noobish and knew that Ariados's base Special Attack was 40, but I thought it was worth a try. It relised it sucked after dealing pitiful damage against an Onyx of about the same level.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Wow! I just got a really awesome shiny vivillon from GTS! I deposited a level 1 bagon spitback, and got this really awesome sun pattern vivi (which is one of the prettiest patterns, IMO). Someone was definitely feeling generous. Thank you, nameless person on the GTS!

Other than that, I've gotten 3 shinies while playing. The first was a drilbur in White 2, gotten while I was hunting for move tutor shards. The other two are from this gen, and were collected while breeding for competitive pokemon. I have a perfect Japanese ditto that I breed with, so I casually masuda method whenever I breed. The first is a shiny espurr, which picked up the HA, but unfortunately was the wrong gender (though she's really quite pretty). The second is a bulbasaur, which picked up the correct IVs for HP Fire, but had a very low IV for HP (like 7 or 8). -.- The yellow flower is quite striking, however. :)

EDIT: The shiny vivillon is likely a hack. :( I checked the trader's GTS history, and discovered that they had traded 2 yveltals in illegal dream balls to other people on the GTS. That was disappointing.

Last edited:
Just bred my very first shiny! It's a Bold Bulbasaur 31/x/31/27/31/31 I am pretty darn happy with that seeing as I wasn't even trying to get a shiny and the random Sp. Atk IV is high (wish the destiny knot made it 31 though)

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
After about 2 and a half weeks of nonstop breeding and nothing else on my Pokemon X i finally got my shiny froakie that i'd been looking for! Not only that, but i lucked out and it had Protean and an iv spread of 31/x/31/31/31/31 with a timid nature. It took a pretty long time even by masuda method standards (i'm pretty sure i hatched 3500+ eggs in that period of time) and both of the Froakie parents reached level 100 3 times over while i was breeding, but needless to say it was worth the wait. Shiny Greninja looks p. damn cool too so needless to say i'm really happy that shiny finally showed up :].

Last edited:
I finally got some of the Pokemon X/Y luck! I've been "shiny hunting" in the background while filling my Pokedex with level-up. Exp Points O-Power + Friend Safari, chain fishing when I'm low on O-powers. I was trying pretty hard in route 21 with no luck, but managed to catch a shiny Luvdisc at (approximately) encounter 30. I was only Heart cale hunting! Hurray for Gen VI shiny rates!

So this is the first year I actually tried shiny breeding (that's a lie, I spent a few months trying to hatch a shiny Volcorona in B/W without the Masuda method [unsuccessfully]), I got two 5IV Ralts's from GTS, one was European, the other Japanes, it took me two weeks and pushing 300 eggs before Lady Death, the shiny Ralts hatched.
Next week I decided to breed something so my girlfriend and I could have triple Metronome battles, the only thing I had for that were Munchlax's so I got breeding. British Snorlax + British Garchomp = shiny Munchlax after 6 eggs... Top that, Masuda!

I so far have four non-event shinies. The first was a Geodude I caught in Oreburgh Cave even before I got the first badge. It now resides in my Pearl game. I found a second shiny Geodude in Gen 4, this time in HeartGold at Mount Mortar (just popping in years later to say that I misremembered, it was SoulSilver in the Safari Zone), and it's still there. Third shiny of mine was a male Frillish I caught in either Black or White (can't remember) (years later edit No. 2: I remember now) at Driftveil Bay.

However, my biggest shiny success story has to be the shiny Electrode I caught in Y that had Selfdestruct. I repeat: A Shiny Electrode. With Selfdestruct. And I caught it without a Quick Ball. Easily one of my crowning moments in Pokemon.

Last edited:
This literally just happened: I was leveling my Pokemon in the Castelia Sewers in my Black 2 game and I found a Shiny Grimer. I didn't go into the Sewers intending to catch Pokemon, but I knew I had to catch the Shiny. One Great Ball later, and it was mine.

GlassGlaceon

My heart has now been set on love
I found a shiny clamperl in R/S/E b4 i knew what shinies were but my dad threw my DS away w/ sapphire in it byebye clamperl RIP in pieces

Yeah, my first shiny was before I knew what shinies were too, she was a shiny Tentacool from Fire Red. I spent most of the game from then on out trying to find out what it was but got nothing; I don't give a shit about Moltres, I want to know why this Tentacool's green! Approximately 10 years later, she's happily chillin' in my Y in-game team.
I've also been getting pretty lucky finding wild shinies in Y, I found 3 already without even trying, one was a shiny Spinda, one was a shiny Ursaring, and the last was a shiny Gurdurr (who I accidentally KOed because I'm a stupid human being).

When I was first playing black version, the very first woobat I encountered was a shiny. I thought that was the normal coloration for it though, and I didnt see any more thanks to repel. I didn't find out it was a shiny until well after I beat the E4...

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
I have a sad shiny experience. If you scroll up, you'll notice my earlier post where I was happy to receive a shiny sun pattern vivillon from GTS. Shortly thereafter, I got another shiny vivillon off GTS in exchange for a spitback gale wings fletchling, this time an even rarer monsoon pattern.

At this point, I got suspicious. What's the likelihood that 2 people were generous enough to trade rare pattern shiny vivillons on GTS of all places? So I looked at both trader's GTS trading history. The one for the monsoon pattern had kept their trading history private, though I believe that one was an SV shiny, not a hack. The trader for the sun pattern, however, did not make their trading history private, so I could see that this person had traded hacked gen 6 pokemon to other people through GTS, most notably 2 yveltals in illegal dream balls. The moral of this story is that any special pokemon received from an untrusted source like GTS must be checked, because they are likely hacks. :(

Holy cow. After I don't even want to think about how many eggs of breeding Zubat, (mostly to be a flying egg group breeding partner) I clue in that it learns Brave Bird as an egg move. So I take a Japanese Fletchling, raise it a bit in the Battle Chateau until it evolved into Talonflame, then take it to the Move Reminder to remember Brave Bird, and finally put the Destiny Knot back on it and shove it back into the Day-Care. First egg of the new batch hatches shiny. It has Infiltrator and Brave Bird 31/22/31/31/31/31. Not quite the IV spread I was hoping for, but who cares when it's shiny?

ready for a tragedy?

the setting is 8 years ago, 2006, at my then-boyfriend's house. i'm sitting there casually putzing around in the great marsh in pokemon pearl.

i encounter a shiny wooper. i get excited for a second, and then my heart fills with dread because i found a shiny wooper....in the safari zone.

i'll let you finish the story there. (i threw a ball at it, didn't succeed, and it fled because of course)

Yesterday, I ran into a shiny Floatzel while EV training. Caught it.

Today I ran into a shiny Geodude who survived the magnitude storm. Caught it.

And immediately after I find another shiny Floatzel. Caught ^^

I love the shiny charm.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I just ran into a shiny Tauros in a horde when I was EV training! I caught it...but now I need a Kelpsy berry to get rid of those unwanted Attack EVs. Worth it though.

I just ran into a shiny Tauros in a horde when I was EV training! I caught it...but now I need a Kelpsy berry to get rid of those unwanted Attack EVs. Worth it though.
Whenever I encounter a shiny in a horde while EV training, I always switch to whatever I'm training and let it die. That way it gets no EVs and I still can catch the Shiny. Obviously this wouldn't work for Geodude and Seviper/Zangoose hordes (thankfully I have not encountered one of those).

This is actually a really funny story. I've been playing Pokemon for at least 10 years now and just finally caught a wild shiny Pokemon. It was a Flabebe. I never got any shines before x and y. I was given a shiny eevee through wonder trade. Also just recently hatched another shiny eevee. The fishing hack for shines gave me a dragoniar also. :)

It took me nearly a year to encounter my first normal wild shiny:
It was the Saturday after the release of HGSS and I was grinding my team while at McDonald's to prepare for the Elite Four in Victory Road. Suddenly, a beautiful green Golbat appeared. I fortunately had a random Scizor I traded over from Platinum that had False Swipe with me, so I sent it out, used False Swipe, threw a Dusk Ball, and I caught my first real Shiny!

Hatched my second masuda method today. Was breeding Mudkip for when it gets a mega evolution and got a cute little pink one! It has 4 31 IVs but sadly HP is not.

I caught a shiny makuhita in an emerald nuzlocke under shiny clause, but at the end I lost the nuzlocke so I deleted it

I was breeding for a perfect Anorith and just got a shiny one with the following spread: 31/28/31/31/31/31. Yay!

True, it would've been better if Atk and Sp.Atk were swapped but that unexpected shininess totally overshadows mere 3 Atk points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)