Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
!Important Announcement (DW this ones good)!
Megas For All now has an art thread! Come check it out here! Right now we are only doing the 4 revealed balancing council megas. If you are an artist feel free to post concepts and sprites there (thanks in advance). That is all, also Speed Boost Flareon seems OP as all hell XD.

!Important Announcement (DW this ones good)!
Megas For All now has an art thread! Come check it out here! Right now we are only doing the 4 revealed balancing council megas. If you are an artist feel free to post concepts and sprites there (thanks in advance). That is all, also Speed Boost Flareon seems OP as all hell XD.
This pleases me

and nah, the reason Blaziken was OP is because he learned Swords Dance. Flareon does not. It needs all the help it can get, honestly.

EDIT: ALSO, EVERYONE, I test out possible abilities on pokemon that could work towards their megas. If anyone would like to help in this endeavour, PM me or leave a message on my wall. Right now I will be testing Arena Trap Snorlax and Speed Boost Flareon.

This pleases me

and nah, the reason Blaziken was OP is because he learned Swords Dance. Flareon does not. It needs all the help it can get, honestly.

EDIT: ALSO, EVERYONE, I test out possible abilities on pokemon that could work towards their megas. If anyone would like to help in this endeavour, PM me or leave a message on my wall. Right now I will be testing Arena Trap Snorlax and Speed Boost Flareon.
My deal with Speed Boost Flareon is that it can't survive any hit and that it's still really slow at +1. Unless you bump its base speed up by a lot.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I agree with giving Flareon lots of speed, buffed attack, and sheer force. Also give it moves like Crunch an Rock Slide maybe?

make this fucker viable.

n :(

edit: also I just realized.. with sheer force, Flareon would be outclassed by Darmanitan :/ we shouldn't let that happen
Well, Darmanitan will get its own Mega. (Though I plan to do something completely different than that)

Remember, it's inevitable that pretty much every Pokemon will be outclassed by some Mega by the end of this project

Sounds generic but why not give Flareon an -ate ability and ExtremeSpeed? Patches up its Speed issues allowing it to bypass faster threats. That way, one could forgo investing heavily in Speed and can allot more points to other stats.

Last edited:
I gave it reckless and a huge attack boost so that it is one of the best wallbreakers in the game, but it could be crushed by any revenge killer around. (But being able to ko skarmory is worth it if he gives you trouble.)

Was there a problem with the Mega Flareon I made back when this thread was new? I haven't been here since.
We discussed it for a bit and felt that the submission was bit strong as Fur Coat gave it insane defenses along with that spread and felt it would be best if we got more submissions for it. Don't take it personally and feel free to submit for Flareon!

i was wondering what would flareon benefit if it got technician in its MEvo...
You'd need to a lot of good moves for it to benefit from it. I can only really see Bite and Flame Charge (and Flame Charge still would have 75 BP)

Generic is sometimes the best.

Maybe give it Work Up too? I know giving it Swords Dance would be a stretch (or not? Leafeon gets it), so yeah.
Oh god, everytime I hear someone say Generic with a capital G it gets my attention because that is what people call me on another site (with a username of Generic Name)

But on topic, I feel Work Up would be better since it nearly has decent mixed offenses. We can make it work.

Work Up>Swords Dance.

I've done some testing with random fellas on PS as well as Peef Rimgar, and Flareon is walled to hell and back by Dragonite. The ability to run HP Ice will be a necessity on it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-127485387

^Back on TrapLax again

As you can see, it does well agains Mega Venusaur, but fails to scratch Quagsire.

What we did find out, though, is what would make excellent teammates for TrapLax

Snorlax + Magnezone + Pursuit Trapper + Bulky Grass would be deadly against stall. Snorlax traps stuff like Mega Venusaur and Chansey, Magnezone picks off Skarmory, Pursuit gets rid of stuff like Aegislash, Latios, and Gengar, and a bulky grass to provide Leech Seed support and deal with the Quag.

Will provide a replay against an HO team shortly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)