Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I? If I failed to get my point across earlier, my view has always been that there would be more Megas, just that they wouldn't necessarily be compatible with XY.
Apparently, I remember your later posts more-so than your earlier posts, which seemed to be making the argument that ORAS would be incompatible with XY if new content would be added, including new megas, new moves, and new abilities. Apparently, I misunderstood you, and I apologize.

Thing is... that's a lot of content for red herrings. Three new Pokémon species, three new Pokémon forms (Floette + 2x Vivillon), and a quite long list of moves (at a glance, I count ten). It's a lot more than we've had in any previous version. If I were a GameFreak developer, and tasked to put in a red herring, I'd put in the move "Tombstoner" alluded to in the quiz in Cinnabar Gym, a new ability whose description implicated it was broken beyond doubt, and perhaps a "Mystery Stone" item. Not much, just enough to make the fans crazy with speculation. Then all the "real" content could be added as patches later. However, we've now got enough content to make XY compatible with several years' worth of events and new games.
I don't particularly care about new moves one way or the other, so while I'll take the role of devil's advocate here, I don't think they're going to play Gen VI the same way as any prior generation, for reasons the I've explained before. Anyway, it seems to me that the hidden moves, which are not just "event exclusive" moves, but in fact the signature moves of "event exclusive" pokemon, and thus, are only included in the data because they are. The Thousand moves are where my argument falls apart, in large part because there's no definite pokemon to tie them to. It's largely speculated that they will belong to Zygarde, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything; they could belong to Kyogre and Groudon, for all we know. That's where my argument falters, because not enough information is known about them. It seems to me that they could have just been included as a red herring, to make us chase our tails in circles, trying to figure out what they mean.
If you'll notice, I never said anything about the new and hidden pokemon being red herrings. I was talking exclusively about the hidden moves in my post. Light of Ruin, Diamond Storm, Steam Eruption, Hyperspace Hole, Holding Hands, Thousand Arrows, and Thousand Waves. I don't know what other three you saw, unless you meant Celebrate and Hold Back. I had already explained that most of those moves would belong exclusively to pokemon who would only be event pokemon. If Zygarde was an event and Volcanion wasn't, then I expect that Land's Wrath would be hidden, and Steam Eruption wouldn't. This left Thousand Arrows, Thousand Waves, and Holding Hands. I didn't feel that I needed to explain away Holding Hands, as it is fairly obvious that it exists only as a "Fun-time Giveaway" move that is on par with Splash. I was saying Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves were the red herring, because there is no clear answer about who gets them, hence the "For All We Know" bit.

I had already, at this point, admitted that my argument fell apart here. I don't particularly think that we'll get new moves either, and was playing the Devil's Advocate because just having these moves says absolutely nothing about any future content. Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves are the weak point in my argument, because I can't explain them, hence the cynical part of my brain taking over.

It's as IcyMan28 said, it would be foolish to dismiss the possibility of any new content coming this generation, including new moves. The fact is, no one knows what's coming, and just because it's happened in the past, when the technology wasn't as up to date as it is now, doesn't mean that the same thing has to happen now.

Masuda just tweeted saying to watch E3 today (https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda)

I think that basically confirms ORAS content featuring. I doubt they'll be giving too much away, but considering the game is due to be released 5 months from now, E3 marks a good time to make the news more widespread. At the very least, I suspect we'll get some gameplay and perhaps their reasons behind doing the remakes (because I don't think it was an expected move).

I think you are confusing Gamefreak with EA.
No matter how 'nice' a game company is and how much of a connection they might have with their fans, the fact is it still exists to make money. Let's face it, remakes of some of the most popular GBA games is going to be a very good decision financially speaking. Especially since Nintendo's in a bit of financial trouble right now iirc

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Updated Fortree looks good, also the battle on Slateport (?) with the beach houses in the background was pretty cool. Also, Maxie looks bored as fuck.

Was that the E4 we saw, the one with the four circular areas and the glowing dots between them? Not sure what gym that would be, especially since the circles are colored... (not sold on it being the E4 because the colors don't match the colors of the types the E4 uses).
Also, the trap-door gym was Flannery, no questions asked, right?
Fortree QQ so beautiful

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Here are screenshots of two redesigned gyms. The bottom one is filled with Psychics, so I assume it is Mossdeep. Top one is likely Rustboro, Lavaridge, or Sootopolis. I'm thinking Lavaridge due to the falling/rising traps and the hot springs or Sootpolis because the layout of the middle section is the same.

Other news: Kyogre/Groudon confirmed as Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre. Primal Groudon is now Ground/Fire.

Games confirmed to release on November 21, 2014 in the US and November 28, 2014 in Europe.

I am very glad that these games were not remade last generation. The trailer confirmed it, but a Unovan Hoenn would have paled in comparison to a Kalosian Hoenn. Hoenn had a lot more diversity than Sinnoh, anyway. I loved the CGI landscape of Hoenn in the beginning.

Here are screenshots of two redesigned gyms. The bottom one is filled with Psychics, so I assume it is Mossdeep. Top one is likely Rustboro, Lavaridge, or Sootopolis. I'm thinking Lavaridge due to the falling/rising traps and the hot springs or Sootpolis because the layout of the middle section is the same.
I had the same thought about Mossdeep, but the top screenshot makes me think of Dewford, although Rustboro is also a possibility. Isn't that a battle girl, up in the top lefthand corner?

Yeah that's it primal kyogre/groudon pretty much is fancy megalution

I think the biggest thing about this news is that finally, we get a good front shot of Mega Sceptile's chest

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Primal Groudon is now Ground/Fire.

Games confirmed to release on November 21, 2014.
So much for Groudon ever having a chance of beating Kyogre 1v1.

Also, is it just me or does Nintendo always seem to release games on that date? Is it important or something?

So much for Groudon ever having a chance of beating Kyogre 1v1.

Also, is it just me or does Nintendo always seem to release games on that date? Is it important or something?
It's an homage to the original Ruby and Sapphire, which were released in Japan on November 21st 2002 - exactly 12 years ago.

EDIT: OMG my eyes! The footage from the trailer looks amazing! Hoenn in 3D >>> all else. Let's take it from the top:

Starter selection screen - we've known about our favorite starters for a while now, nothing special.

Treecko: Released in the woods.
Torchic: I get the impression that its the fiery path / Route 114 ashy route / northwest Hoenn background.
Mudkip: Clearly on Slateport beach.
Fortree City and the bike path look amazing, though I think the bike path has been redone a bit because I don't remember it ever taking a hard left over the underlying Route 111.

First gym: Looks like Tate and Liza's to me. Has that ethereal, otherwordly look to it and Psychic trainers abound.

Second gym: Door traps + hot springs = Lavaridge, since that's what the town is famous for.

Magma and Aqua's bases look amazing.

Starter megas are cool as always. Interesting that Sceptile has its back to the opponent, and it looks like Hydro Pump has been cleaned up a bit since XY.

Groudon and Kyogre: Fancy mega evolution as they regain their primal powers. Awesome. I'm wondering just how big of a splash Ground/Fire Primal Groudon will make in Ubers. On the one hand it loses its rock resist and is now weak to Ground and Water (Drought previously made this irrelevant), but it gains Fire, Steel, Fairy, and Bug resists while losing its Ice and Grass weaknesses. Ground/Double-STAB Fire coverage is pretty great, offensively.

EDIT2: The screenshots show a bit more. Steven Stone is standing in front of a mural depicting what seems to be Primal Groudon/Kyogre; I wonder where this is. Cave of Origin seems likely...but then wouldn't you have seen Groudon/Kyogre by then?

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
It's an homage to the original Ruby and Sapphire, which were released in Japan on November 21st 2002 - exactly 12 years ago.
They have released a ton of other games on or around that date, like Twilight Princess and Link Between Worlds. Is it so the games are available for Christmas or is it something else?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Anyone with a sharp eye catch anything different about the map? (I don't see anything, but I might have missed something)
Looks like some small islands north of Rustboro, and the area where Southern Island would be is shrouded in clouds.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
There also seems to be a new building on the route between Mauville and Mt. Pyre. You can see the Berry Master's house to the left of it, so it seems to be entirely new.

There's also a new island new north of Lilycove/Safari Zone. It has a Darkrai vibe.

And there's no Battle Frontier u_u
I'm wondering if those swirly trees at the south of the island are trying to cover it up. It would be a shame if we didn't get it back, though. Also...

1z9aGCR.png <- This picture implies that we may be getting one or two more primal pokemon.

http://i.imgur.com/umG4d7u.png <- And that picture is circling contest halls, unless they go with the Emerald battle tents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)